[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The La Li Lu Le Lo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 40

The La Li Lu Le Lo.
>>
File: 1466335000111.jpg (190KB, 1910x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1466335000111.jpg
190KB, 1910x1069px
Did you say "Nerd"?
>>
>>383563565
Why was raiden such a fag in MGS2? It was such a good game but he ruined it in the cutscenes by being a total fag.
>>
>>383563720
Raiden was a stand in for the player or some shit. Kojima thinks we're all fags
>>
Snack?
>>
File: jswxMum.jpg (234KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jswxMum.jpg
234KB, 800x1000px
>>383563720
>one of the most profound and meaningful games ever made and vastly ahead of its time, becoming more relevant with every passing year
>Extremely high IQ person on /v/: "hur durr this suck raiden look like a girl"
>>
>>383563926
He made up for it in MGS3 by making the Raiden character a blatant homosexual Russian Colonel or some shit.
>>
File: joost.jpg (82KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
joost.jpg
82KB, 1080x1080px
Joost?
>>
>>383564476
I didn't say the game sucked, I said it was brilliant and unmatched. Story wise it's still unmatched, and graphic wise even back then it was unmatched.

I just think Kojima could have done it without Raiden.
>>
>>383564476
Decent writing sandwiched between good gameplay does not a meaningful or profound game make.
>>
>>383564691
name a game with a stronger message about the information age than MGS2
>>
>>383563926

Even better yet, it was only when he stopped being a fag that he was no longer a stand in for the player.
>>
>>383564624
The story would have been a lot weaker if you were actually playing as Snake
>>
File: !.jpg (276KB, 1077x1037px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
276KB, 1077x1037px
Snake
>>
snake juct
>>
>>383565004
deus ex
>>
so whatwas/when's that anniversary celebration whatever?
>>
>>383565004
what an extremely low bar
>>
>>383565638
so name a better game that discusses the digital age with such intelligence that it gets even more relevant with age
>>
>>383565623
we wish, anon
>>
>>383565706
read a book, nigger
kojima references postmodernist work in mgs2, you can start there
>>
>>383565861
I said Game dipshit
>>
>>383565004
A game should be enforcing its themes via gameplay. Mechanics. Things you can touch. MGS2 informs everything through non-interaction. It's like a book on tape that you have to pause and play Pac-Man every five minutes to continue. Unless it's actually using its medium well, it's just another game with above-average writing. Not earth-shattering.
>>
>>383565889
so are you not going to respond to this >>383565613
>>
>>383565889
I didn't disagree with you, I said being the smartest vidyagame is a low bar, like being the smartest retard in special ed
>>
>>383565710
oh i googled, the fanchise's anniversary is the 13th i thought it was the 7th, my bad
it's a day after my birthday, can't wait to see what konami is preparing to fuck us in the ass and kill us inside even more
>>
>>383566015
that wasn't a reply to me so I didn't see it

>>383566041
I think Cinema in the last 20 years is an even lower bar that only gets lower with the stagnation of hollywood due to the rush of blockbusters
>>
>>383565410
It wouldn't, if they made Pliskin another character.

Snake is a romanticized character. This is why Big Boss was in MGS3 throughout and it worked very well. God I miss that game. I can't play these anymore since it's kind of dated to me, but maybe one day I'll pop in an emulator and do a playthrough since I still have a PS3 controller hanging around somewhere.
>>
>Metal Gear ZEKE: A mishmash of Granin's ideas with salvaged parts from the Peace Walker. Basically a piece of shit.
>Metal Gear Sahelanthropus: Had a bunch of crazy gimmicks and looked incredibly sleek for the time it was made in, but is ultimately a cheap, flawed prototype with a multitude of glaring weaknesses held back by a shit budget.
>Metal Gear TX-55: An extremely basic design created exclusively to be a nuclear weapons platform. Was destroyed before it could be activated. A prototype model of the later Metal Gear D.
>Metal Gear D: The finished version of the TX-55, featuring a more durable shell and secondary weapons system for conventional combat. Unfortunately, it was a piece of shit with extremely glaring design flaws, no doubt a result of Huey's absence.
>Metal Gear REX: An evolution of the ZEKE and Sahelanthropus concepts. While its design is nothing special, it addresses many of the major flaws of its predecessors: Its armor shell is almost impenetrable, protecting the user from all conventional weapons. Its legs are similarly heavily armored, and have completely lost all the vulnerabilities present in previous models. It is capable of launching a stealth nuke from any position on land, and it has numerous secondary weapons in the event of discovery and assault. When used in conjunction with its hidden "Street Fighter" program, it can prove to be surprisingly agile despite its bulky design, capable of freely maneuvering and crushing its opposition with finesse and brute force.
>Metal Gear RAY: A piece of shit.
>Arsenal Gear: I NEED SCISSORS! 61!
>Metal Gear Mk.II: An extraordinarily well-made and versatile stealth recon device.
>Metal Gear EXCELSIUS: Not a Metal Gear.

Reminder that Otacon made the only good Metal Gears.
>>
>>383566119
Stagnation?
>>
>>383566083
Probably just a "Happy 30th Anniversary!" tweet
>>
>>383566119
Hollywood =/ Cinema
>>
>>383565973
Bullshit. MGS2 is an action espionage game with cutscenes. It's not an Action-RPG to give the player choices.

The first MGS on the PS1 was a game changer, MGS2 was a game changer in terms of graphics/storytelling in a game that took it seriously. If anyone is old enough to remember what games were like in 2001 will attest to this.

There's too many summer and young fags on this board.
>>
>>383565467
Why can't we have a full remake
>>
File: You.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>>383566394
>=/
>>
>>383566567
=/ is completely valid
>>
>>383566306
For example, take a look at the Marvel movies. They all play out the same with no stakes and quips everywhere, following the same exact formula, and they all rake in millions. The Emoji Movie is an amalgamation of decent animated films but shits on them to try and cash in on certain properties. Everything is geared to the lowest common denominator so they can try and rake in as much money as possible.

>>383566394
Fair enough. Point stands is Hollywood is a lower bar than video games.

MGS2 and Mother 3 are better than anything Hollywood's put out recently
>>
>>383566567
fuck off to 9gag with your emoticons
>>
File: ghnbjm.jpg (150KB, 1114x798px) Image search: [Google]
ghnbjm.jpg
150KB, 1114x798px
>>383566465
Fuck
>>
>>383566610
>=/
>>
>>383566445
Remove all the parts where you do not play and bam it's suddenly just as shallow as call of duty.
>>
>>383566612
Yeah, but MGS2 and Mother aren't exactly made in the video game equivalent of Hollywood
>>
>>383566394
You're an idiot.
>>
was kojima ahead of the times?
>>
>>383566717
Would still watch just cutscenes of MGS2 than play call of shitty.

You're an idiot btw.
>>
>>383566739
What do you mean by that?
>>
File: spidrmon.jpg (60KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
spidrmon.jpg
60KB, 528x960px
>>383566465
because it would suck, just like the goldeneye 007 remake
>>
File: oprahbees.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
oprahbees.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>383566639
>>
>>383566821
The one who actually wrote the codex conversations was, but there is reason to believe Kojingles was heavily involved in that one since it's a massive main story relevant wall of text
>>
>>383566916
Hollywood is big-ass budget mainstream American movies, while MGS2 and Mother are Japanese. The video game equivalent of Hollywood would be companies like EA and Ubisoft. It's like comparing apples to oranges
>>
>>383566894
Ah yes, Call of Duty is culturally beneath you as a Metal Gear Solid fan. Nevermind if Call of Duty is actually pretty fun.
>>
>>383566821
Whoa! Based! SJWs BTFO! Kojima is #RedPilled! Now let us circlejerk in this small community and later leak our memes into the world.
>>
>>383567062
I'm talking about the quality of writing since someone said all of video games was the lowest bar for writing
>>
>>383565467
>>383566465
I just want Konami to do a pachinko of MGS1 already so I can see the updated character models. I know that hoping for actual remakes of the older games is too much to ask from them now.
>>
>>383566445

MGS2 is just Escape From New York and Titanic in a blender. Graphics, sure, but story? If that's taking it seriously, games are nowhere near Hollywood.
>>
>>383567140
You're comparing good video games to shitty movies.
>>
>>383567116

Call of Duty isn't fun, it's complete garbage in story, gameplay, technical level, level design, music. It is shambled together quickly and put through twenty or so focus groups.

Comparing it to Metal Gear is insulting.
>>
>>383567192
Nigga its story is better than 90% of the shit hollywood shits out.
>>
>>383565467
Just noticed, Snake is holding the franken gun abomination "Bambetov" from MGS5 instead of using a SVD
>>
>>383567334
90% of everything is garbage but shitty movies have better stories than game with shitty stories because the game cares more about being played as a game rather than some deep plot where as a shitty movie is just shit and games have more than 1 aspect to them. It's why there are adults who play Nintendo games.
>>
>>383567116
CoD is fucking trash and you should hang yourself for even liking it you degenerate scum.

The sweat on my ballsack is more fun to play with than CoD.
>>
>>383567394
I am barely interested in Hollywood anymore, it's garbage in all aspects. The reason people storm the cinemas in masses is because Hollywood movies are really just not that different from pop music. People consume it because they think they have no other choice.
>>
>>383567305
>>383567443
Have you played it though? The guns are loud. Killing dudes feels nice. And I can't remember a mainline Call of Duty worse than MGS4.
>>
>>383567506
>The reason people storm the cinemas in masses is because Hollywood movies are really just not that different from pop music. People consume it because they think they have no other choice.
Nonsense. I go to the cinema as a social event. Just like I play shitty coop games with a friend.
>>
>>383567192
You're a tool and you should kys immediately.

Sure some parts are too long and contrived, especially the boss level intros, but overall MGS2 is an amazing game and entertaining. There are so many easter eggs in it, not to mention replay value. Also tie this into the fact that it was part of the PS2, and back then we had no DVD players and the PS2 was the most affordable DVD player, I was able to rent shit form Blockbuster and watch it on my PS2—it was an overall experience unlike any other.
>>
>>383567506
What I'm saying is Batman vs Superman is probably better written than Super Mario Bros. but Super Mario Bros. as a whole is leagues better than Batman vs Superman because Super Mario Bros. is more than just a story
>>
>>383567539
Yes I played it, actually played all of them. It's degenerate and I always play on god mode so I can just kill everyone and move on. It's fucking dumb and retarded and too scripted. It's very much the epitome of a "bro" game.

To even mention it in the same breath as MGS2 is sad. Neck yourself faggot.
>>
>>383567637
>Batman vs Superman
Oh fuck don't remind me.
But I guess then there is MGS2 which both has a better story than that and also has fun gameplay
Kojima DID IT!
>>
>>383567715
All a game needs to do to have a better story than BvS is to actually care about their story

There are lots of games with better stories than that movie.
>>
>>383567334

lolno

the only thing good about mgs2 is that its story is better and more coherent than mgs4
>>
>>383567539

Yes, I have played a bit, they are terrible, hence why I wrote that. Would I have an opinion on them if I hadn't played a bit, you fucking moron?

You enjoy them over better, similar shooters such as metro, stalker, arma, rising storm, DOOM, whatever, because you are the low iq audience they target.
>>
>>383563720
Kojima and his team was faced with a decision why female teens aren't interested in MGS. Konami wants numbers and reasons then a solution. Kojima and his team did a survey on highschool girls about metal gear series and their reply was they hate old men with lots of reasons. Kojima was stunted and they have to come up with someone that features the image of most fantasy male rpg characters.

Raiden was born.
>>
>>383567610

You are an insufferable faggot. Clunky yet serviceable gameplay does not give its derivative, nonsensical story a pass.
>>
>>383567948
If this is true, this makes me hate women more.

They always ruin shit.
>>
>>383568014
Fuck off summerteenfag.

You wouldn't know a good game if it hit you in the small cock you have down there there.
>>
>>383567948
If this were true than why wasn't Raiden in any marketing or promotional material for the game at all, because his inclusion in marketing would have pushed more girls to buy the gme
>>
>>383568021
I'm not lying. It's in one of the mgs2 making video. I'm not supprised konami forces kojima and his team doing that since the whole IP belongs to konami. Most asian publishers are just number monsters, if they're (also konami) smart you won't be seeing wasteland 2 being made today.
>>
>>383563720
I don't really see why he was a fag. He has long hair and isn't as cool as Snake, that's it.
>>
>>383568136
Don't fite me. I'm just a messenger. Any true mgs fans knows this.
>>
>>383568086

>the former president is the leader of a now-terrorist organization with superpowers, also a clone
>plot involves jack and rose on a metal thing in the ocean, also partially sinks
>weeb swordfights in the big city

cool story bro, real profound
>>
>>383568326
I'm more curious than anything since you'd think a decision from Konami like that would have been included in the game's marketing. Also they likely didn't have to make Raiden the playable character so I feel like Kojima was involved in a lot of that himself
>>
>>383568338

Don't forget the faggot vampire.
>>
>>383568136
>>383568021

Also the survey they did on the highschool girls was japan's demographic, not the US. US isn't the wholr world but US sure do fucks the world around.
>>
>we will never have a fully patched MGS 1, 2 and 3 on Steam
>>
>>383568279
He was a whiny little bitch. You clearly haven't played it.

In the CODEC he whined like a fucking bitch and I hated him for it. I must've played MGS2 like 10 times when it came out.
>>
>>383568338
>guy gets taken away from his childhood by bank guys
>goes for things and fails for an hour
>Loud parrot to wake you up in case you fell asleep
>ROSEBUD
You can oversimplify anything and make it sound like shit
>>
>>383563720

Takes a homosexual to point out a faggot. So how ya liking that dick, son?
>>
>>383568338
>Retarded weapons
>Big muscle bros
>Totally scripted action sequences where you can't even move the mouse when that's happening
>Stupid Allah Akhbar, typical jabroni wrestling style gayming
>Loud and obnoxious
>Team America of games
>Seems like it's satire but it isn't

Go kys you dumb Amerifat and take your CoD with you.
>>
>>383568471
He wasn't a whiny bitch. He was actually fairly collected in most situations. Having a mental breakdown because you've just been told that you might not even be a real person isn't being a "whiny bitch". You clearly haven't played it.
>>
>>383568639
Mate, you might not even be a real person.
>>
File: 1499739492601.jpg (447KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499739492601.jpg
447KB, 800x800px
>>383568520
>Takes an actual faggot to point out another faggot who points out another faggot.
>>
>>383568676
Really makes you think.
>>
>>383566639

NOW THIS IS HOW IT STARTED, LET ME GIVE YOU A SHOW
ABOUT HOW I WAS COVERED IN BEES FROM MY HEAD TO MY TOE
AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE, DON'T YOU GO NOWHERE PLEASE
I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HOW I'M FUCKING COVERED IN BEES
IIIIIIN SOVIET RUSSIA, BORN AND RAISED
COVERED IN BEES IS HOW I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN' OUT, MAXIN', BEING COVERED IN BEES
AND JUST PLAYING WITH MY HORNETS, SITTING ON MY KNEES
WHEN A COUPLE OF BEE FARMERS STARTED STEALING MY FUN
HAD TO SPRAY THEM DOWN WITH MY TOMMY GUN
I WAS COVERED IN BEES WHEN THE BOSS CAME NEAR AND SAID
"YOU'RE JOINING THE COBRAS, GO SIT BY THE FEAR"
I HOPPED INTO THE WIG AND WAS FEELING A BIT ILL
THERE WAS A DEAD OLD MAN AND AN ASTRONAUT AT THE WHEEL
IF ANYTHING, I COULD SAY THAT THIS SHIT REEKED OF CHEESE
BUT I THOUGHT "NAH, FORGET IT, I'M COVERED IN BEES!"
I - PULLED - UP TO THE BASE ABOUT SEVEN OR EIGHT
I POSED DRAMATICALLY AND I SHOUTED "GRENADE"
I LOOKED AT THE SHAGOHOD, RIGHT HERE AT MY KNEES
AND I BECAME THE PAIN, I'M FUCKING COVERED IN BEES
>>
>>383568639
I played that shit more than 10 times.

Eat a dick.

Even Kojima acknowledged that Raiden was a mistake and in MGS3 made him into a faggot Russian colonel.

Read this:
http://www.deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm

http://www.metagearsolid.org/reports_legacyofmgs2_1.html

http://gamemoir.com/why-metal-gear-solid-2s-raiden-is-the-best-worst-character-in-video-games/

http://i.imgur.com/SvYyVqQ.jpg
>>
>>383568935
He acknowledged that the community didn't like him. Raiden is a good character. Play the game.
>>
>>383568708

>Takes a trans to point out the faggot stating that the other faggot is a faggot for noticing another faggot

DEEPEST THREAD LORE!
>>
>>383569049
>Play the game.
Are you fucking retarded I just told you I played that shit more than 10 times back when it came out.

I hate summerfags.
>>
>>383569174
It's a good game. You should play it, man.
>>
>>383568817
7/10

It's alright, but you rhymed "bees" with "knees" to much.
>>
Kojima always has his protagonists as not knowing what the fuck is going on, and constantly being manipulated by others. Raiden is good in MGS2, because it allows us to see Solid Snake not as a pawn, but instead being the legend he is said to be. This even is seen in MGS4, Snake returns as the protag, and goes right back to being a mindless pawn.
>>
>>383569174
how about you play it again recently. Raiden is a VR Babby who is experiencing real shit for the first time and complains about it because it isn't like what was in VR and is scary

Riaden is a bitch but he has goddamn reason to be a bitch

You'd be a bitch if you were in his shoes too

bitch
>>
>>383569534
The problem with games like MGS is that if you know everything that's going on, it kinda puts a damper on the whole "solo tactical espionage mission" thing. There wouldn't be much point to taking so much risk if you had all the answers. There are always infinitely better ways to handle things if you have all the answers. There'd be no reason to tail someone, or interrogate someone, there'd be no reason to infiltrate a place to learn all the facts, to enter a warzone alone with no allies or hope of backup. The protagonist not knowing what's going on just inherently comes with the territory.

If we played MGS2, specifically the Big Shell part, with Snake as the protagonist, I can assure you that it would have been a completely different game.
>>
>>383569587
>2/3 of the game is a feminine looking faggot whining and strutting around

Fuck yourself.
>>
Reminder if you hate raiden you hate yourself.
>>
>>383570621
Reminder: you're a faggot.
>>
File: wow.jpg (192KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
192KB, 970x546px
>>
>>383565973
Different poster
To be honest, as interesting as MGS2 discussion on the information age and ideology is, it's not really what the game is about. It's mainly a statement on the nature of sequels and the escapism of the video game genre. And makes heavy use of game design and gameplay to sell this message.

MGS2 is a master piece, and its a fucking shame that 16 years later very few games have managed to rival or surpass it
>>
>>383572083
>16 years later
God damn, it's been that long huh?

You make me feel old, anon.
>>
People complaining about Raiden being a bitch have nothing more than Quinton Flynn to blame.
>>
>>383573089
Well, I can't judge on the lines, but Raiden does sound more like a man in japanese version.
Alas, at the same time the creepiness of Phil LaMarr's performance was lost, so no version is better.
>>
dosent lu le lo la li make way more sense
>>
>>383574831
Why?
And la li lu le lo slides off the tongue easier.
>>
>>383574925
La Lu Li Le Lo is much easier
>>
File: woah.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>>383574831
>>
>>383563720
Raiden > Snake

sorry bro
>>
>>383572083
>this guys nostalgia is legal to fuck in most states

>383574925
now thats just fucking goofy sounding
>>
>>383574975
And La Le Li Lo Lu feels most natural.
>>
>>383575148
this guys got a tad more taste, but still wrong

la li le lu lo
>>
MGS4 was a shitfest.
>>
File: MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg (118KB, 1000x547px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg
118KB, 1000x547px
>You're Big Boss, I'm outta here

What did Kojima mean by this?
>>
>>383575310
NO WAIT

li la le lu lo

from top to bottom. UNDISPUTABLE LINE UP
>>
>>383568021
Yes, it's clearly the women's fault that Konami's executives decided they needed to pander to them
>>
>>383563720
It was the japanese flavour of an overly western inspiration game, I guess.
>>
File: snek.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
12KB, 420x420px
super baby method?
>>
>>383575774
as opposed to
>>
>>383576323
As opposed to letting devs do their thing and see where it takes them?

Not like all women have same taste anyway and surveys are always of questionable accuracy given they work with small samples.
>>
>>383576523
so ditch the producers then.
my god, having a single shred of artistic integrity? lol whatever
>>
>>383567948
Wasn't this one of Kojima's ruses? I always thought so.
>>
>>383576584
No, if anything it's proof that you can still make a masterpiece IN SPITE of increased target audience. It's also the moral of the game.
>>
>>383576584
look, if YOU made an extremely dumb decision and spend a shitload of money on it, then someone gave you a clever reason for it all that made it look all intentional, would YOU skip taking credit? this isnt like, "oh yeah, i brought the dildo in as a gag joke", im talking "25 people i call friends are going to lose their livelyhoods"
>>
File: New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png (66KB, 1280x599px) Image search: [Google]
New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
66KB, 1280x599px
Truly the most evil organization on earth.
>>
>>383577083
>>383577090
I just can't imagine them caring about the female audience with a military themed game like Metal Gear Solid. Also it would be insulting to think that women would just like a game because of a pretty male character when the rest of the game remains the same.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
Miller did nothing wrong
>>
>>383577490
How many people do you know that play a shit game just for a waifu? Sexuality is a powerful force.
>>
>>383568021
Wait, by this logic do men fucking suck like 10x over because most games cater to us?
This makes no fucking sense, autists like Sonic but we don't have to beat them in the dirt for having shit taste.
>>
>>383577328
18-1
>>
>>383577710
Do people actually do that?
>>
>>383578029
Yes.
>>
>>383578029
I played Peace Walker just for Big Boss, so yeah.
>>
File: bad-job-interview.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bad-job-interview.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>383578029
it says here youve never heard of nier automata, can you explain?
>>
>>383578029
Literally every weebshit game
>>
>>383578029
Neptunia games
>>
>>383563720
Raiden = Vidya gaymers

Hideo Kojima thinks American fpsers are all emo fags
>>
>>383566821
so i forget what the answer to this was ingame, was it just to censor thigns that dont correlate with the ai's guidelines? or was it the elimination of anything that goes 'against the grain. because i remeber raiden being pretty adamant about stopping the patriots despite the reasonable points they raised.
>>
>>383563720
>child solider brainwashed into being a mindless super soldier
>"why was he such a fag?"
That's part of the character, he was supposed to be flat and uninteresting and you were supposed to root for him when he outgrows that, finds out he was manipulated by the patriots, that the colonel and his love interest were a lie and tries to be more than the one dimensional character that he is.
Everybody was rooting for snake not being a peon of the patriots in mgs1, but he still had personality and an interesting background. His personality is why he escaped and started fighting the patriots.
Raiden on his own is harmless and lost, he needs the AI colonel and his AI gf to tell him what to do and what to feel. At the end, snake kicked a personality into his albino butt cheeks and he's free from the patriots.
TL;DR : that was the point.
>>
>>383578703
It was about shaping the world through controlling what information reaches the public, thus controlling their behavior. Freedom would be an illusion, cause no one would know of a different choice. Raiden just doesn't like being a puppet, it is a shitty life in which you can be killed at any point just because the Patriots decided so.
>>
>>383567117
D-delet this
>>
>>383563720

it was all meta narrative bullshit

>raiden looks up to snake just like the player
>he wants to be snake just like the player wants to play as snake
>snake has infinite ammo and longer health bar
>this is literally what GW wants as part of the simulation
>this is also what kojima wants as part of his shitty meta narrative about players expectations of sequels

in restrospect it's a cool thing but giving how fucking pretentious of an asshole he became after directing it I hate him
>>
>>383564476

>everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum

lmao reddit in a nutshell
>>
>>383568935
You guys need to chill about Raiden. Japanese audiences were not that outraged, since Raiden sounds cool as fuck in the jap VO, giving him less of a 'whiney' 'feminine' personality. sure, he's still a PTSD VR meme, but he just comes across as a 'young' capable guy who looks androgynously beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WwlXHezteU
>>
>>383564476

nature still filters digital trash, retards posting stupid shit on the internet are followed by other retards and all these people will never breed and die out
>>
File: es.jpg (231KB, 1277x721px) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
231KB, 1277x721px
>>
>>383578703
Basically AI's guidelines, along with anything that goes against them but the point is not that they're right or wrong, but that they are excercising control, and to escape that, you must keep critical thinking on at all times and choose for yourself what you want to believe.
>>
>>383579447
stupid sexy Ocelot
>>
>>383579176
>this is literally what GW wants as part of the simulation

GW wanted Raiden to play the part of Solid Snake, not literally lookup to and become Snake.
>>
>>383566821
This applies to both sides you mongoloid retard fuckface faggot. HOLY SHIT YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB!!!!

You live in the same fucking echochamber as SRS, HOW DO YOU NOT SEE IT. THE VIDEO GAME YOU ARE PRAISING IS TALKING ABOUT THAT VERY THING.

You are part of a pond.

fucking idiot, anti-sjw niggers are fucking so low iq you make me wanna end my own life.
>>
>>383579547
i know you are just saying what the games message was, but then doesnt that logic loop back to multiple truths existing that dont really coexist?
>>
>>383579123
from that standpoint i can see why he didnt want to be fucked with. But doesnt the elimination of the patriots ai (forget what they called it) then basically leave the problem as it is? i mean its not like raiden started a critical thinking campaign. or was the game inferring we should have faith in human rationalising capabilities and that idiocy will just die out?
>>
>>383580446
I think that really was it, it was long time ago since I listened to Snake's ending speech, but I do recall it being something about having faith in humanity and that genes are not the only thing people can pass onto next generations, but information as well. And if they turn out to be idiots, their problem.
>>
File: New-England-Patriots-2013[1].jpg (79KB, 622x302px) Image search: [Google]
New-England-Patriots-2013[1].jpg
79KB, 622x302px
>The Patriots are evil
Is Kojima a Broncos fan?
>>
>>383564476
>a speech buy the same "person" who said this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM
>worth listening to

nope, skipped it the moment "Roy" appeared
>>
>>383564476
>MGS2
>profound and meaningful
>>
>>383580798
>Roy trying to cuck Raiden into thinking he was cucked

Thats some shit
>>
>>383566639
bee´s!
>>
>>383580668
same here its been ages, i should probs replay
>>
File: RaidenMGS4.jpg (65KB, 630x1100px) Image search: [Google]
RaidenMGS4.jpg
65KB, 630x1100px
>>383575404
>MGS4 was a shitfest.

Sure, MGS4 may be a mess narrative wise but it did have some good moments and redeemed Raiden
>>
File: a.jpg (9KB, 304x47px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
9KB, 304x47px
>>383578029
>Do people actually do that?

/a/ watches shit anime just for waifus.
>>
>>383580668
ah that makes sense now, thats probs why 4 and revengance go on about genes and memes
>>
File: 1495623424548.jpg (231KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1495623424548.jpg
231KB, 777x932px
It's called the La Li Lu Le Lo because Japanese has no L sound. This is what causes stereotypical "Engrish" accents. The Patriots codename is literally impossible to convey in Japanese because it is hiding in the blind spots of language itself, fitting the overarching themes of secrecy and deceit in MGS. In English they made it so that there are nanomachines that scramble the tongue when they try to talk but in Japanese its actually a tongue twister for the player. Fuckin deep man
>>
>>383574831
>>383574925
>>383574975
>>383575148
>>383575310
It's la li lu le lo becouse that's the order of kana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goj%C5%ABon
>>
>Emma: The Alphabet, 26 characters right? It could have been 31. What if those 5 characters were censored by a computer program?

That's where the "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo" come from. The L letters were censored in the Japanese alphabet by the Patriots so they can't pronounce Ls
>>
File: 1499723407201.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1499723407201.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>383579447
>>383579601
>There is a universe where MGS5 was finished and we got a complete MGS3 remake in Fox Engine

I don't want to live
>>
>>383581528
kana is shit
>>
File: ll.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ll.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>Nothing will ever again make you feel how the Nuclear trailer made you feel

Life is cruel and there is no respite.
>>
>>383582407
I stopped caring about trailers a long time ago so I never saw any MGS5 trailers
>>
>>383581781
This is the worst timeline
>>
>>383566262
whats your opinion of RAXA, asshole
>>
File: 1499646349439.jpg (67KB, 600x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1499646349439.jpg
67KB, 600x1005px
>>383582509
You're one of the lucky ones
>>
>>383583093
ill raxa your asshole, if you know what i mean
>>
>>383582509
it was a hype drug, people got out of control with it and they were the things that inspired me to play the whole series (previously only playing one or two) but then I got to Peacewalker and that game killed all my hype.
Im just playing MGSV now, its good so far. Even though Im spoiled.
>>
>>383578254
I don't see how that pertains to shit games, Automata is gr8.
>>
>>383581119
>redeemed Raiden

Maybe I am reading too much into it but to me MGS4 Raiden felt like capitulation on Kojimas part. Like Kojima tried to do his own thing in MGS2 and then the fans got upset and with MGS4 he just said "fuck it" and went full fanservice mode.
>>
>>383564476
Reading this hurts my eyes
>>
File: CnYr9gzVIAABmHh.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CnYr9gzVIAABmHh.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>383583868
>Kojima turned on Raiden so much so he even put him in the next game as a gay sex slave
>>
>>383568021
Women ended up liking Snake and Big Boss more, it was Kojima's fault for judging them wrong.
>>
File: 1499724810955s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1499724810955s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>383567675
>complaining CoD is too scripted
>plays games with 30 minute cutscenes
>>
>>383585573
At least there is gameplay between these cutscenes while CoD is like one big cutscene.
>>
>>383568597
>actual weapons
>actually how soldiers look
>have you played one?
>what
>stealth missions exist believe it or not
>don't always play as Americans
>opinion
>>
>>383585856
Sometimes yes, but there's a lot of CoD cutscenes, they're just shorter. But MGS has more cutscenes and they're longer, but the game is much longer
>>
>>383579176
Fukushima wrote it, not Kojima
>>
File: high.png (62KB, 352x539px) Image search: [Google]
high.png
62KB, 352x539px
>>383580112
if you read the whole thing you could see that it doesn't favor the anti-sjw stuff, it merely points out that the ideologies can't clash because people get banned / downvoted to hell if they break the circlejerk
>>
File: raiden-ninja.gif (2MB, 319x184px) Image search: [Google]
raiden-ninja.gif
2MB, 319x184px
>>383564476
movie Raiden > mgs2 Raiden
>>
>>383575310
Do Re Mi Fa So La Si
>>
>>383579370
And here also.
>>
IT WONT STOP HURTING!
>>
>people keep posting the GW conversation without realizing that the point is that GW was wrong
>these are the same people that go "YOU JUST DIDN'T GET IT" if you say anything remotely negative about the game

Man, I agree that it's pretty smart as far as videogames go but MGS2fags are insufferable.
>>
>>383590696
GW's premise is partly correct. However, that does not mean that its conclusion was right, which is something not everyone who posts the pasta grasps.
>>
>>383590696
Explain in depth why GW wad wrong
>>
File: 1499732697056.png (228KB, 692x402px) Image search: [Google]
1499732697056.png
228KB, 692x402px
I've been replaying DX lately and it shits so much on MGS 'narrative' it's not even funny.
>>
File: TrueTruthGraphic.jpg (99KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
TrueTruthGraphic.jpg
99KB, 1200x900px
>>383592520
GW's argument essentially boils down to "We need to decide on what is or isn't true so that societal progress can occur" which is at odds with a lot of the themes in the game. First there's the statement in the ending telling you that truth is subjective ("There's no such thing as absolute reality, most of what they call real is actually fiction" and "what you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is")

The most important part, though, is that everyone who has had the power to impress upon others what the "truth" is supposed to be have done nothing but lie to you the entire game, including Raiden, Snake and even Kojima himself. The story of how the game was falsely advertised and how people were surprised by Raiden is well-known at this point, and it feeds into the message of the game, that you can't have a single person or group deciding what is or isn't true, no one should be trusted with that power. It's a kind of "who watches the watchmen" problem.

That's also why you see a lot of people saying that Solidus did nothing wrong. Whatever it is you can say about him, he realizes the importance of giving the population the freedom to consider and decide for themselves what to believe.
>>
File: 1499740014349.png (1MB, 1920x840px) Image search: [Google]
1499740014349.png
1MB, 1920x840px
>>383564476
This is proven wrong. It completely neglects the influence of shills, corporations harboring culture of fear, employment of transexuals as middle level managers, extreme moderation, not of small forums but of mainline social communication (normies = consumers, control them and you control the society) networks, actual 'truth' is not being devalued in myriad forms but instead pushed as dogma, also:

>Be nice to other people... But beat out the competition!

No contradiction here

>But it's obvious from the start that only a few can succeed

Define success first you dumb gook

>Billions spent on new weapons

The only reason why WW3 isn't breaking out is that military arsenal is too powerful so that's a good thing

>huge donations are made to protect endangered species

Aw shit I guess it's time to save a dozen of Tyrones, fuck whales and pandas!

How dumb can you be to parrot this crapola
>>
>>383593193
>he realizes the importance of giving the population the freedom to consider and decide for themselves what to believe.

only a mental midget like kojimbo and his followers can say this with a straight face

>masses at large
>caring about freedom to consider anything but what they eat and shit on daily basis
>>
File: 1431746957936.jpg (39KB, 594x593px) Image search: [Google]
1431746957936.jpg
39KB, 594x593px
>>383593521
>its another "anon who thinks he's smarter than the 'masses at large'" poster
>>
>>383576103
INTENTIONALLY
ABORTED
>>
File: IMG_3749.jpg (79KB, 719x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3749.jpg
79KB, 719x771px
>>383581119
Raiden didn't fucking need redeeming, if anything he's an even WHINIER bitch in MGS4 but with a cool cyborg ninja exoskeleton. If that's all he needed to make him a 'worthwhile' character in your eyes then I don't know what to say to you. Raiden was always a good character, blame Quinton Flynn (or rather Kris Zimmerman) for butchering him.
>>
>>383563720
If he wasn't a massive fag it would have ruined the game and his character would end up being much more ingenuine. Play the whole game.
>>
Colonel, we managed to avoid drowning!
>>
>>383563720

Because it was made for the emasculate Japanese audience.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.