[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you going to get these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 447
Thread images: 86

File: 1497933560109.jpg (717KB, 1656x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1497933560109.jpg
717KB, 1656x1104px
Are you going to get these?
>>
Only if there's a lot of new shit
>>
>>383561830
No.
>>
>>383561830
Nope. SuMo was the last straw. I'm done with Pokémon.
>>
Remind what they are again mr nintendo pr.

Dead rising 2 off the record style retelling with extra content? A sequel?
>>
>>383561830
Only if they're BW2 tier
>>
>>383561830
Im hoping i can get away with just buying one, i got both sun and moon so buying both again is gonna be a cunt
>>
>>383561940
im glad you grew up from being 12 years old/being the demographic of 12 year olds or a "girl gamer"
>>
>>383561830
I'm holding off until more info is given. I want to know how deep the "reimagining" goes.
>>
yes because I didn't fall for the "first games in a pokemon gen" meme
>>
I wasn't until I learned that the director of BW2 was making it.
>>
>>383561830
what the fuck are those designs
>>
>>383561830
Pirating, yeah. Hopefully they're as bad as SM so I don't feel guilty.
>>
>>383562283
my guess is one new pokemon is added to the plot.
>>
File: 1449030852057.jpg (74KB, 498x497px) Image search: [Google]
1449030852057.jpg
74KB, 498x497px
>Skipped Gen 7 because 3DS got busted and i need to focus more on work before buying a new one

>tfw they were announced the same fucking day i got my new 3DS

>Now i get to experince the BEST Gen 7 game without a Beta

THANKS FOR BETA TESTING
>>
>>383561830
i would but i hacked my 3DS during ironhax which was dumb because now it isn't fucking good for anything and i can't go online
>>
>>383562605
You're welcome. Enjoy your completely separate game that has nothing to do with the "beta"? Like I understand using this buzzword on re-release but it's not so your post is just confusing.
>>
>>383561830
Those are pokemon? Glad I stopped playing after yellow.
>>
>>383561830
so are they gonna be Steel/Dragon and Ghost/Dragon now?
>>
>No info since announcement
>Trailer was very scarace on details as well since it was at the tail end of the Pokken Tournament rehash announcement for switch
>Will probably just be a Pokemon Eclipse Split in Two with no significant changes since they are also working on the Mainline Switch Pokemon game
>>
>>383562897
>not a beta
>same region
>same mons
>same cover legendaries
>adjustments to all the boring and forced cutscenes that stop you every 5 minutes
>re-worked areas
>re-worked story

Thank you for beta testing
>>
for free, yes.
>>
Yeah, I unironically know I'm getting the same game but I've been doing that since Crystal.
>>
>>383565541
souce your smelly mother ass?
>>
>>383561830
Only if it's tougher.
>>
Those don't even look like Pokemon anymore...
>>
I'll pirate it if I get bored.
I don't feel like using my 3ds anymore.

I'm far more interested in the switch game/ gen 8.
>>
>>383562446
Oh shit, he is?
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
1MB, 960x960px
Of course. Look at the ground color and flowers in ultra sun and moon

Compared to sun and moon
>>
>>383561830
The fact they've revealed nothing leads me to believe they were just desperate or something.

I'm sure Black and White 2 at least got a proper reveal trailer.
>>
>>383561830
Pirate it thankfully.
>>
>>383569417
they got an anime commercial which was the first time they did something like that, they also made one for ORAS but anything Gen3 and Hoenn related is shit
>>
File: 1489359480940.png (121KB, 253x228px) Image search: [Google]
1489359480940.png
121KB, 253x228px
I just hope they don't reveal FUCKING EVERYTHING in the trailers. It really removes a sense of discovery, the one thing I had left for these games.

>LOOK AT THESE TRAILERS WITH ALOLAN POKEMENG
>DON'T YOU WONDER HOW MANY MORE ALOLAN FORMS THERE WILL BE
>LOL NVM JUST THE TRAILER ONES AND GEODUDE
>>
maybe down the road since its probably the last pokemon game on the 3ds
>>
Fuck no. I expected the worst with Sun and was still disappointed.
The only good thing was Tsareena
>>
>>383569773
it's more laziness on their part that they introduced this new form type and only made about 6 of them.
Not like we didnt have 705 other pokemon they coulda feasibly considered aloloan forms for.
And on top of that it was more gen 1 wankery.
Alolan regional rodents and birds and fish coulda done a lot for variety
>>
>>383562004
This,

I never played sun and moon. Did they turn out to be shit?
>>
>>383561830

Yes. I enjoyed SM. I also liked XY, but Omega Ruby didn't do it for me.

And then I'll also buy whatever they squeeze out for the Switch too.
>>
>>383571296
It fixes most of X/Y's problems. I honestly can;t think of a good complaint besides what >>383569773 said.

Really PC should just fire their PR guys. They ruin the games before they even come out.
>>
>>383571732
Complaints:
Routes are getting smaller and simpler with only about 3 trainers on them
The new pokemon are generally quite rare because there's only 70 of them
Paniola town is an absolute waste of space
Clothing options are pretty limited
Trials aren't fleshed enough out to make a memorable experience outside of the ghost one
Removed Dexnav
Removed sitting
>>
File: 1430314430262.png (22KB, 628x242px) Image search: [Google]
1430314430262.png
22KB, 628x242px
>>383561830
Gonna pirate it.
Then if I make it all the way to the credits I will buy a copy before jumping into post game.
>>
>>383561830
fuck yes. Black 2 and White 2 were the best in the franchise tied with HGSS so more sequels can only improve on the base games of sun/moon.
>>
>>383562181
Are you really that fucking retarded? you can change to the alt world once you beat the game at the altar.
>>
>>383561830
>Are you going to get these?
Didn't got nor played X/Y, OR/AS and S/M.. so no.
I'll just stay in the 3rd Generation with pretty ROM Hacks and such.
>>
I used to buy both versions and repay things differently with a different team on the other version but God since X/Y it's just been so garage
I'll get one of these I guess.
Still salty we weren't able to grind for certain shinies. Wanted that blood moon Lunala bad
>>
File: 1454548461707.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1454548461707.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
Just gonna dump something another anon said in another thread.

>The set-up of the plot is generally considered uninteresting and boring.
>The island challenge is generally accepted as the way GF could make a game with less content that nobody would notice
>The games have a significant lack of optional or post game material
>Easy, but you knew that
>Most of the totem pokemon have ai set to discourage actually attacking
>"Competitive" was absolutely destroyed by it
>The general slowness of progression, since every few minutes Hau or Lillie stop you to tell you the same shit they told you a few minutes ago (get in the bag, nebby meme was because of this)
>The increased narrative is offset by the fact that the story is Lillie's, and you are only there as the psychopathic ID with an unresponsive, dead fish stare the whole time, which annoys people.
>muh linear progression
>Graphical faggotry/programming incompetence. The models are retardedly hi-poly and not scaled down at all, and while X/Y more or less ran okay, S/M chugs occasionally in 1v1 battles and fucking tanks in doubles (the meta they push, btw) because they had to add more shit the 3ds couldn't handle like trainer animations.
>Despite the above, the models look like shit because they are animated like shit. You get the memegliders, pokemon motionlessly pivoting on space they don't occupy, and general stiffness all around
>muh gen 1 pandering
>Tons of walled-off and unfinished content
>Obvious missing content to either slowly trickle into your game via events, or else to make you play Ultra
>The plot is generally considered to be massively wasted potential for what they could have done with it
>Few new pokemon, and most of them either look like shit, play like shit, or memed all over competitive
>S&M were caught in a dead zone of being too "safe" of departures from the basic formula. As a result, they were neither innovative, or "good" pokemon games
>Waifu pandering
>Pokewaifu pandering
>>
File: 1499718227486.png (231KB, 680x449px) Image search: [Google]
1499718227486.png
231KB, 680x449px
>>383571296
The characters are an easy 10/10, team skull is funny as fuck, lillie is a top qt, gladion is edge incarnate, nanu/acerola/the rest of the captains are actually super fun and hang around the story unlike gym leaders, the trials are hilarious (especially the grass and ghost ones), tons of perverted jokes and bizarre zooms on pokemon's faces (slowpoke almost got me to tears).

But the story is really sub par (lillie's coming of age thing was fun but wasn't explored that much), gladion and type null's relationship doesn't even get explained besides a text file and the gameplay is still cathered towards 10 year olds (I recommend the nova sun/umbra moon mods for this).

It's an improvement but it's not going to save the franchise but any means.
>>
>>383561830
No
>>
>>383572004
They removed sitting but added resting (and sniffing) on other people's beds, which is far superior.
Also you can sit on Guzma's and Hala's throne.
>>
>>383567203
Not him but:
>same region
The fucking trailer.
>same mons
No fucking advertisement at all and they're going to be out in 4-5 months.
>same cover legendaries
The fucking trailer and the wallpaper at the fucking OP.
>adjustments to all the boring and forced cutscenes that stop you every 5 minutes
That's certainly assumption.. truly, GF can be really retarded so they could just do the "cutscene per route" shit yet again.
>re-worked areas
See Emerald/Platinum, for US/M are clearly gonna be their 7th Gen. equivalent.
>re-worked story
See Platinum, for US/M is clearly gonna be its 7th Gen. equivalent.
>>
>>383572434
No complaints as far as waifus go but yeah everything else
>>
I already gave way too much money to Nintenfreak for what is essentially the same game over and over with fuckall substantial improvements between the episodes
And if there's an improvement it won't make it into the next game because japs can't into gamedesign or something
>>
It's Pokemon so I have to... but I don't want to. I would have been marginally excited if they were coming out for the switch instead. I'm sick of playing on my fucking 3DS.
>>
>>383572434
>>muh gen 1 pandering
This will never stop, for a reason.
>>
>>383572547
Seems like you skipped B2W2.
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>383572434
>Graphical faggotry/programming incompetence. The models are retardedly hi-poly and not scaled down at all, and while X/Y more or less ran okay, S/M chugs occasionally in 1v1 battles and fucking tanks in doubles (the meta they push, btw) because they had to add more shit the 3ds couldn't handle like trainer animations.
>Despite the above, the models look like shit because they are animated like shit. You get the memegliders, pokemon motionlessly pivoting on space they don't occupy, and general stiffness all around
>Tons of walled-off and unfinished content to make you play Ultra

This is the stuff I can't forgive anymore it's their third game on the 3DS and they still can't figure their shit out.
>>
Pokemon reached its peak with HG/SS. There hasn't been one Pokemon to game those.
I'd say Black 2 was second best, but it didn't let you start with Challenge Mode and instead had that retarded Key System.
>>
>>383572434
Damn. Roasted. Ok I'm glad I stopped after X, still have black 2 and soul silver.
I don't know if I even want to try out ultra, i dont want to encourage that behavior.
>>
>>383561830
I enjoyed Sun and Moon when it came out and played over 100 hours before I even beat the story but once I beat it I was burnt out.
I tried raising competitive Pokemon but having to raise them up to level 50 before you can take them online is fucking awful especially since they incorporated gen 5's Exp system because they fucked up the Exp Share as well as have shit balancing and training by fighting wild Pokemon on Poni Islands takes fucking forever and then I just gave up as it was a waste of time as everyone else just injected Pokemon in.
I tried playing other Pokemon games but I seriously can't go back even to my favorites like Platinum/Heartgold. Now everything feels like a fucking chore. Which is funny considering I played them with a smile on my face just a few months before S/M. I can officially say that Sun and Moon ruined Pokemon for me.
So no, for the first time in 10 years I will not buy a Pokemon game. /blog
>>
>>383571296
I think SM were BW1 tier, meaning pretty good. Hopefully USUM will be BW2 tier. Where the fuck are the CoroCoro leaks?
>>
File: busted.png (51KB, 434x439px) Image search: [Google]
busted.png
51KB, 434x439px
>>383571296
>roadblocks out the ass
>"haha get in the bag nebby"
>Wingull/magikarp/rattata/geodude/zubat still make up 70% of encounters
>new pokemon are often 5% or lower encounters
>trials are inferior to gyms
>literally everything about Festival Plaza
>constant interruptions when you're trying to play the game
>worst breeding in the series due to needing to spin the circle pad constantly
>ride music is horrible
>tons of areas are far smaller than they should be
>z-moves break the flow of battle with some 30 second long animation and are more or less glorified elemental gems
>charizard is the fly pokemon despite not appearing in the region like all the rest of the ridemons
>pokedex is a rotom but rotom is uncatchable in alola
>1% SoS only pokemon
>clothing options are filled with capris and tank tops and somehow manages to be worse than XY's
>no good way to grind in the game even though there's an incentive to hit level 100 now
>hyper training needs disgustingly rare items
>still cant use a pokeball if two pokemon are on the other side despite it being done back in Colosseum

At least most of the new pokemon designs are good.
>>
>>383572667
Stop

Okay just stop, you don't have to play these games. You buying them while being displeased is sending them the wrong message.

Also shame on you there's no reason to own a switch yet
>>
>>383572667
>not just hacking your 3ds to get usm for free
>>
>>383572963
How many good Trials even were there? I enjoyed Kiawe's gimmick trial purely because "Come, my fine Hiker!" but that only works the first time you see it.
>>
Ok thanks for the sun/moon critiques. I guess pokemon is kill
>>
>>383572989
I'm in competitive Splatoon team. Had to buy it.

>>383573053
it is hacked but I like to own all the Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1407182637036.gif (330KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1407182637036.gif
330KB, 250x228px
>>383572753
DS is where Pokemon overall peaked. It gave us Platinum, HG/SS, and B2W2.
>>
Not a chance. XY burned me, I gave them their second chance with ORAS, SM looked no different and didn't deserve a chance, I'm not even following USUM.
>>
>>383572963
>worst breeding in the series due to needing to spin the circle pad constantly
FUCK NO, complain about anything, but breeding before 6th gen was completely inhuman and rng based. Don't even try to justify it
Yes the daycare needed a huge place to use the bike, but that's it
>>
>>383572753
I too enjoyed the area between gym 4 and 8 being level 20-30 and all the wild pokemon in kanto being level 13 pidgeys. All the good pokemon being moved to the Safari Zone where you have to wait months.
To me, it can't be the best game. I can't overlook those
>>
>>383573185
SunMoon isn't pathetically easy like XY/ ORAS.
>>
the last pokemon i played was pearl and i thought it was great, how does this one play out?
>>
>>383573346
Too many fucking cutscenes and text boxes. It's a fucking hassle. Skip the 3d ones and play Platinum, Heartgold, Black/White, and Black/White 2
>>
>>383561940
Same.
>>
>>383573393
hmm i guess i'll just wait for the switch game to be shown.
>>
>>383573264
I'm not going to lie. You're right about the low levels.
>>
>>383572753
>Mfw I hated Unova's region and Pokemon and EXP scaling so much I dropped BW1 hard even though I was enjoying the story
>Never touched BW2 as a result
>>
>>383572667
Just drop it then. Pokemon Red was my very first video game, but I dropped out after trying to play Y. You can and should too. It's just not worth it anymore.
>>
File: just be yourself.png (9KB, 229x330px) Image search: [Google]
just be yourself.png
9KB, 229x330px
>>383573109
>Gumshoos trial was just a standard first trial
>Lana's trial was alright, since that School Wishiwashi is the strongest thing you've fought so far
>Salazzle is instagibbed by anything Ground, which you probably have by now, and the volcano area ends before it begins
>Lurantis is probably the most notable trial due to having Power Herb Solar Blade+Sunny Day Castform
>Vikavolt is a letdown. Something that has 145 Sp Attack and summons pokemon that boost Sp Attack shouldn't be using PHYSICAL attacks. You have to do a quiz before the fight.
>Mimikyu's is another notable trial, mostly due to how you encounter Mimikyu.
>Kommo-o is straight up pathetic, even with the +1 to all stats it gets. It gets instagibbed by any Fairy move, and since you just got the Fairy Crystal, the only way it will ever survive past Turn 1 is if it uses Protect to negate most of the damage

Also, it should be noted that nearly all of them, with the exception of Salazzle, follows the same pattern. Two or three wild pokemon encounters, followed by the totem pokemon. Kommo-o's is literally a hallway where you fight two or three Hakamo-o, with nothing else happening.
>>
>>383573254
Alright, I take that back, but coming off of gen 6, it's a fucking gigantic downgrade, there's no denying that. The only thing it did right was let you take eggs with a full party.
>>
>>383573137
>competitive game

>lack of native voice communication

Are you esports, or win any kind of money?
>>
>>383573463
I was probably too harsh... I should say some positives I guess just so I don't sound biased. It has a great regional dex filled with diverse Pokemon from all 7 regions and a lot of the new Pokemon are quite good aside from them all being terribly slow for some reason. It has many conveniences like being able to hatch multiple eggs at once, berry farming, Ev training, stone hunting, and other stuff just on the bottom screen at all times, and the battles do get quite hard near the end but if you use the new EXP Share (Gives EXP to the whole party) and have a balanced team the game is a cake walk aside from a few Totem Pokemon (Boss Pokemon with higher stats that can call allies). It's not a terrible game but if you don't like the story in Pokemon games it could become quite the chore. Just watch some videos and make your own decision.
>>
File: 1496750569764.gif (331KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496750569764.gif
331KB, 480x480px
Are there any other games out there that are "monster tamer goes out an grand adventure" that aren't Pokemon? I know about Dragon Quest Monsters Joker.
>>
File: scep.png (33KB, 350x308px) Image search: [Google]
scep.png
33KB, 350x308px
Every Pokemon game has something unique and interesting to offer. The games /v/ and /vp/ obsess over are all dicksucked for having specific single-player content, and all the multiplayer shit gets ignored despite also being unique. Notice how nobody ever talks about multiplayer contests/multi Battle Frontier/Underground/Pokeathlon in Gen IV or Secret Bases in ORAS, but always talk about the fucking PWT or 16 badges?
>>
>>383573606
Salazzle, Lurantis and Mimikyu are fun battles if you don't exploit weaknesses.
>>
File: 1497451194846.jpg (2MB, 1304x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1497451194846.jpg
2MB, 1304x1920px
>>383561830
If its BW2, HGSS, or Platinum-tier absolutely. Hopefully the game will have shitloads of content and lots of Johto pokemon given the Alola-form treatment. Some new Ultra Beasts would be swell as well.
>>
>>383573706
Probably because they're all local wireless horseshit, with the exception of ORAS Secret Bases.

>>383573742
What's Salazzle do, anyways? I had a Cubone with Bonemerang by this point and the fight ended instantly.
>>
>>383573706
Maybe has something to do with the local wireless crap they've done up till now.
>>
>>383571296
It's the same shit, just with iteration, much like every release. It's got more quality of life improvements and a fun little story that gets surprisingly dark for a kids game. I enjoyed it, but if you're like one of the many autists on /vp/ that get irrationally assmad over games designed for literal children, then it's not for you.
>>
>>383561940
>SuMo
>>
>>383573703
Jade Cocoon and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth are the ones that come to mind.
>>
>>383573786
Salazzle will poison you and the Salandits it summons will use Venoshock for 130 base power.
>>
>>383572725
No I didn't, but if you think US/M are gonna be sequels when they were specifically referred to as "featuring an alternate storyline from Pokémon Sun and Moon", you're clearly stupid.
"alternate storyline" is literally Platinum, a What-If.
>>
>>383571296
>Game is still easy
>New pokes are few
>Got rid of tms but theres a ton of areas where you need to ride a mon and do the thing it does but it makes your model bigger so you have dismiss them just so you can walk through a tight space and need a mon again
>Z moves are a guaranteed one shot if you get the typing right and the animations get dull and feel long after some time
>>
>>383574143
So.. not much to say outside of anecdotes of your feefees
>>
>have ride pokemon
>some stupid hick music starts playing when you get on them
>suddenly you're wearing a shitload of padding and a helmet and your old outfit doesn't show up
>it's Rent-A-Pokemon effectively making you a tourist
>>
>>383573839
Yeah I'm realizing what I want out of pokemon will never line up with what the pokemon company want to do with the franchise so it's best to move on instead of continually complaining. Buying the games only encourages this behavior, but children will keep getting them. Too bad for them honestly. Theyre stuck with nutendo.
>>
>>383573786
>>383573827
Battle Frontier with a friend was online too, you know. Also the whole point of Pokemon is to communicate with other people (hence why mixing records, version exclusives, and trade evos existed even back in the first three gens), so you're completely missing the point if you're playing the games alone, can only communicate online, and end up focusing more on single player than anything else.
Hell, even the newer games like BW and ORAS still have their own variations of local-play content with the Entralink and a Streetpass record mixer.
>>
>>383573764
The gamefreak that made HG/SS are long dead. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
>>
File: 1467233522095.jpg (3MB, 2481x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1467233522095.jpg
3MB, 2481x3508px
>>383574232
Pokemon is odd, in that its one of the few series on /v/ where nonfans whine about the games appealing to the people who actually buy them. Its always idiots who think the series needs some drastic changes like a new battle system or to stick every region in or some such nonsense.
>>
>>383574282
>Battle Frontier with a friend was online too, you know.

The fuck are you talking about? Also, there is literally no reason we shouldn't be able to do Multis in battle tower clones with an online friend. People do online stuff more these days than 15-20 years ago, after all.
>>
>>383574354
Given that BW2 came out after HGSS, I'm still confident. Also ORAS was better than XY, and SM was better than ORAS.
>>
File: 1438710444941.png (20KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1438710444941.png
20KB, 315x274px
>explain why sun and moon are bad
Tell you what, why don't some of you tell me why this game is better than any of the others.

You can't use the Pokemon themselves or the waifus, they're completely subjective. If you want to use Pokemon I'll counter it with Vikavolt's base speed stat, so go on. Tell me why these games are good, because I bought both games. I didn't complete Moon and I still haven't opened Sun yet I've happily completed every other game in the series more than once.
>>
>>383561830
Maybe.

Sun/Moon were the first Pokemon games I just never finished. I just can't handle the story anymore. I don't care, I can't skip it, cutscenes go on forever. Add to that the gameplay being far too easy, and I'm just powering through it to get to an endgame. Unless it's another Battle Frontier, where I can spend 100s of hours playing against somewhat competitive sets, count me out.
>>
File: 1467769006370.png (1022KB, 800x862px) Image search: [Google]
1467769006370.png
1022KB, 800x862px
>>383574486
Online multiplayer is great.
Its never been easier to raise perfect stat pokemon, and you can max out older stuff you've brought forward.
Totem battles were something entertaining and a good boss mechanic.
The music was 10/10.
The postgame quest with the UBs was pretty solid.

People who are still mad about Vikavolt's speed are pathetic
>>
>>383574416
Have you even touched Gen IV's online? You could challenge the Battle Frontier facilities online with a friend in Platinum and HGSS.
It's dead now, but back when online worked for DS games it was a thing.
>>
>>383574605
I always thought that was a local wireless only sort of thing, like the newer Battle Maison/Tree stuff.

Too late now at any rate.
>>
>>383574605
No, because every single wireless router i had access to wasn't supported back then. All I recall back then were downloaded Wifi teams for the tower. Either way it's unusable now.

>>383574601
>The music was 10/10
Did you just have the sound off when you were on a ridemon?
>>
>>383574745
Did you have your sound off for the Elite Four? For Gladion? For Poni Poni Canyon?

The ride music getting old has nothing to do with the strength of the rest of the soundtrack.
>>
>>383561940
I haven't played them but can someone tell me what was wrong with Sun and Moon?
>>
>>383574895
You haven't read the thread either.
>>
>>383574895
read the thread >>383572963
>>
>>383574895
Sun and Moon are great. The only thing I didn't like was the fact there was only the battle tree and not a full fleshed battle frontier style area.
>>
>>383575034
If there isn't a Battle Frontier or some sort of PWT or a new facility, I'm going apeshit. The Battle Royale stuff was awful.
>>
File: 1481271136399.png (205KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1481271136399.png
205KB, 600x590px
____________________Pew?__________
>>
>>383575069
They've gotta listen eventually right? It's been a huge topic ever since OR/AS.
>>
>>383561830
There's a high chance. I didn't bought SM because they were trash but I need a 7th gen to transfer my old pokemons to the upcoming 8th gen on switch

3DS era was insufferable and godawful.
>>
>>383575034
There hasn't been a good battle frontier since Black and White 2, back on the DS. Every generation and remake since has been completely lacking in post-game content.
>>
File: 1480960837239.gif (800KB, 268x340px) Image search: [Google]
1480960837239.gif
800KB, 268x340px
>>383575204
>8th gen on the Switch
That's hilarious, anon.
>>
Why do we still not get BP for battling online in any way?

>>383575069
>that required battle royal fight

By far the worst way i have ever seen a new feature introduced in any game.

>good chance your lead is a weak underleveled pokemon
>talk to the desk thinking you can pick your team like all the rest of the facilities in the series
>instalocks your lead
>pretty good chance everyone just targets you and you lose
>doesn't even affect the game if that happens
>go back in afterwards thinking you can play in a lower level battle like the PWT allowed
>level 20 vs level 50's, no entry level to choose from
>>
>>383565541
The whole narrative and several locales are gonna be completely different. Sun/Moon is not a "beta", unless we're gonna use this logic on all other generations that have a version that came out later.
>>
>>383565541
That's like saying BW1 was a beta for 2. Honestly this is probably going to be some multi-verse shit judging by what the series has introduced in ORAS and SM.
>>
>>383575309
>exposing /vp/'s opinion out of /vp/
Go back to your containement board
>>
>>383574486
>I bought both games
Are you retarded?
>>
>>383561940
>SuMo
Have these (You)s
(You) (You) (You)
>>
>>383561830
No. Sun and Moon finally made me realize I'm tired of Pokemon. Unless there's a Pokemon game that is drastically different in the future I'm pretty much done.
>>
>>383575309
>That's hilarious, anon.
Not him but 00:44 and leave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJdDe8fElc
>>
>>383575309
>he doesn't know
>>
>>383575309
>I didn't watch the Nintendo Direct at E3
>>
>>383573703
SMT/Persona are similar but with demons.
>>
>>383561830
only if MY MAIN NIGGA ALOLAN MUK is still the greatest of all time
>>
>>383575589
Its basic logic. /v/ also said I was retarded when I used evidence and logic to say shit like Mega Kanga would be nerfed in Gen 7 and that there would be online options without Megas, but here we are. If you seriously thinking we're getting 8th gen on the switch you haven't been paying attention to Gamefreak's development schedule.
>>
>>383574389
Its also one of the few series where the people who stick to the older games are viewed as casuals.
>>
>>383572443
hold up
>lillie's coming of age thing was fun but wasn't explored that much
the entire game revolved around lillie and you want MORE of her?
>>
File: 1485063170553.png (710KB, 1200x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1485063170553.png
710KB, 1200x1166px
>>383575719
>>383575741
>>383575754
Oh boy you people are going to be embarrassed when its just a souped up port of USUM.
>>
>>383575831
>you haven't been paying attention to Gamefreak's development schedule.
Doesn't mean anything since gen 5
>>
>>383575901
I'll be happy either way.
>>
>>383575931
All we know is that its a Pokemon RPG. Honestly its probably going to be something like XD (which I would be totally okay with). There's no way in hell its going to be 8th gen.
>>
>>383575901
>still believing in the Stars maymay
>thinking it would take that log for a simple port
You should feel embarrassed for your own retardation right now.
>>
>>383576002
Its not going to be Stars, but that doesn't mean its going to be 8th gen. You're out of your gourd.
>>
They announced this shit the day I got Sun and Moon
>>
>>383576076
Why'd you take so long to get it?
>>
>>383576000
Wrong, it's a CORE (synonym for mainline) Pokemon RPG developed by GameFreak. They never made any of those console spinoffs like Colosseum and shit, so Gen VIII is the only thing the Switch game could possibly be.
>>
>>383576076
It doesnt come out for a while, you can enjoy SM.

>>383576153
Bullshit. There's no way its Gen 8. The best you can hope for is Gale of Darkness-esque stuff where its just a cool RPG.
>>
>>383576052
>that doesn't mean its going to be 8th gen.
What else could it be then? And before you go full retard again, read this: >>383576153
>>
>>383574601
>People who are still mad about Vikavolt's speed are pathetic
What's the story behind this?
>>
>>383573606
They also just so happen to turn off the lights in the electric trial lol.
And that time you go into the volcano but just get dumped on the other side without any exploration.
Also all the empty lots.
I enjoyed the game but it was clearly unfinished.
>>
File: 1482908005892.png (401KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1482908005892.png
401KB, 780x1300px
>>383574895
>>
>>383576225
Vikavolt is apparently faster than the other Pokemon in its respective generation by a country mile.
>>
>>383576213
>Gale of Darkness-esque stuff
GameFreak never had anything to do with any of that type of shit. How about you give me some arguments why it can't possibly be Gen VIII?
>>
>>383576225
Vikavolt's dex entry before launch implied it was fast, but its actually really slow. This is even joked about in game because it takes a while to arrive at its own boss battle. People got really assblasted about it, even though Vikavolt is still pretty fun to use.

>>383576223
Something other than Gen 8, obviously.
>>
For fuck sake when will they stop with silent protags?
>>
>>383573764
I fucking love acerola and ririe so much
>>
>>383576334
>Something other than Gen 8
Like what?
>>
>>383576332
Because it just started development this year while GF was already working on USUM. You really think they're going to pump out a brand new fucking gen on a system they've stated they're unfamiliar with by the date they've set? Fucking please.
>>
>>383576334
That's a shame. Bug Electric with Levitate is really nice. But such a slow speed makes it unusable.
>>
>>383576413
Trick Room
>>
File: 1480580788251.jpg (133KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480580788251.jpg
133KB, 1024x1024px
>>383576408
>by the date they've set
>>
>>383576453
Trick Room is a meme and you know it.
>>
>>383576481
Oh I thought you knew that Pokemon Switch was coming out in 2018.

>>383576502
Not in doubles, which is the format that really matters.
>>
>>383571296
Sun and Moon were absolute shit, and plenty of people who didn't buy it but saw the gameplay footage knew it would turn out terrible, hence the abnormally low sales. It's been long established that the only people who like and defend Sun and Moon are waifufags as seen here >>383572443

The whole 3DS era of Pokemon games have turned out poorly. Thankfully, I haven't paid for a pokemon game since 2011.
>>
>>383574895
Sun and Moon are GOOD overall, but it's 2017 and game freak is still selling unfinished games.
There will always be a discussion of "what'd have been" if USUM doesn't add everything that was cut.
>>
>>383576535
>Pokemon Switch was coming out in 2018
Source?
>>
>>383576332
Because a gorrilion people have a 3DS yet only one hundred have a Switch. Obviously an exaggeration but you get the point. Pokemon thrives on being in a handheld. And the Switch isn't a handheld. It's a home console with a gimmick that allows you to take it with you.

If anything, Pokemon Switch is going to be a game taking place in Region X with badges and gyms etc, but it won't be new, and there won't be new pokemon in it(aside from one or two as a promotion for Gen 8)
>>
>>383576569
>Sun and Moon are GOOD overall
This is a lie.
>>
>>383576591
Also, the Switch has pay-to-play online. Not exactly a good thing for Pokemon.
>>
>>383576540
They sold 14 million copies, that doesn't seem bad.
>>
>>383576589
See >>383575719
>>
>>383576502
Play some Double battles my man. Trick Room is no gimmick there. Also Z-moves are actually valuable there.
>>
>>383576569
If they made a GREAT game people would hold them to it every generation. Now if they remove something they can add it in next game again and entice people to buy it.

God I hate Pokemon Company. they're literally the poster child for the slow slide of a good profitable series to soulless consumerism.
>>
Why is Gen V so immune to criticism?

Is it because the shitty EXP makes it seem "harder"? The story was really fun, sure, but outside the human designs, everything else about the game from the region to the linearity to the Pokemon were awful.
>>
>>383576654
That's why the words "abnormally low" was said. Use your reading comprehension. 14 million is still abnormally low for mainline portable Pokemon game, especially one introducing a new generation.
>>
>>383576818
Gen V gets shit on all the time for having bad designs and having a round region, but these are all recognized as pleb opinions because BW2 was fucking solid and BW1 was, when it came out, absolutely the best gen launching games.
>>
Only if information comes out that implies they're actually good.

>>383571732
>It fixes most of X/Y's problems.
It also brings back most of Black and White's and removes everything X and Y did right to provide the absolute worst of both worlds.
PSS alone makes X/Y better than S/M unless you're a retard who plays for the single-player campaign only.
>all multiplayer activity, even down to the most trivial action, requires you to stop what you're doing and waste time in festival plaza
>can't connect to anyone without both of you going into festival plaza
>if you and your friend connect to each other at the same time neither of you can find each other
>if either of you gets hit with a connection error (even if it's not your fault) enjoy both of you eating a ban for an arbitrary but lengthy period of time while actual cheaters can just bypass it anyway
>even if you managed to connect, if it turns out you made a mistake there's no pc in festival plaza so you've gotta back all the way out and all the way back in to change something (whereas in xy you could at least be in a center)

>>383574601
>Online multiplayer is great.
>Its never been easier to raise perfect stat pokemon, and you can max out older stuff you've brought forward.
The first claim is so amazingly wrong for the reasons stated above that I can't even believe you were capable of typing it.
The second is also wrong because Gen 6 exists. Hyper Training might as well not exist because getting to level 100 takes longer than just continuing to breed/reset, and Gen 6 otherwise has equal or faster methods of doing every activity pertaining to getting an autism-tier Pokémon. This includes leveling, which is so painless that it even negates the extremely slight advantage SM's move tutor (which is locked to the end of the game by the way because fuck you) would otherwise provide it.
>>
>>383576887
SM had the highest preorder rates out of any Nintendo game, iirc. Its not really that low, it sold at a far higher rate than Gen V and has almost sold higher at this point.
>>
>>383576662
>It may not release for MORE than a year
Did you even check the video yourself, you dipshit?

>>383576591
>the Switch isn't a handheld. It's a home console with a gimmick that allows you to take it with you.
It's the other way around, Switch is a handheld that you can connect to your TV, the system itself is the portable unit, not the fucking dock. And this system owner argument is retarded, the 3DS wasn't doing so great in the beginning, so guess they should've sticked to making games on the original DS for all eternity. Pokemon is made to sell systems and they do every time. Why else do you think they announced that they're making Gen VIII for it THIS fucking early?

>but it won't be new, and there won't be new pokemon in it(aside from one or two as a promotion for Gen 8)
Why the FUCK would they ever do that?
>>
>>383576998
I was just pointing out the closest thing to a source, fuck you too.
>>
>>383572667
Dude, be an adult. You don't owe anything to Gamefreak or Pokemon. If you don't want to keep buying their games, stop buying theirs games. Its Not hard.
>>
>>383576927
I really should get around to playing BW2 sometime but I hated BW1 so much I don't want to play a game built on BW1 assets.
>>
>>383576887
Really doesn't seem "abnormally" low if this picture is to be believed, especially when you consider that S&M have only been out for less than a year.
>>
File: 1475874889576.jpg (142KB, 371x438px) Image search: [Google]
1475874889576.jpg
142KB, 371x438px
>>383576632
But paying to transfer your old pokemons is neat as fuck, thanks game freak, your data storage is system is purrfect :3
>>
>>383576931
>The first claim is so amazingly wrong for the reasons stated above that I can't even believe you were capable of typing it.
Oh fuck off, I hate the plaza too but I'm talking about the actual battles, you obtuse retard. Actually playing with friends is fun as shit, multi battles are great.

Also no, fuck off, you can't make any pokemon perfect stat-wise in Gen 6 like you can in Gen 7.
>>
>>383577091
BW2 is usually viewed as the best in the series. Its definitely up there with Emerald, Platinum and HGSS.
>>
>>383576927
>BW1 was, when it came out, absolutely the best gen launching games.
>despite having less content than every game preceding it except RGB and every game following it except SM
>despite having worse Pokémon than every other generation bar none
>despite being the ugliest game in the series compared to the clean pixels of older games or the mediocre-but-consistent 3D of subsequent games
>despite investing almost everything it had into a plot that was D-grade by even the low standards of JRPGs and would only be vaguely impressive to someone who thinks the standard Pokémon plot is already good
>despite having the worst region in the history of the franchise, so much so that BW2 had to completely retool it to make it not a fucking FF13-tier tube with abysmal dungeons
>despite locking out functionality to a shitty browser minigame that would cease to be available mere years later and was atrociously slow and inconvenient even when it was available
What the fuck did he mean by this? GS was better, RS was better, XY was better, DP ran worse but was otherwise better, RGB was better for its time, and SM is the only game that attempts to make BW look like a complete experience.
>>
>>383574895
Nothing, literally just Zelda Cycle at work and angry genwunners
>>
its free so why not?
>>
>>383577271
>>worse Pokémon than every other generation bar none
absolutely terrible opinion, post discarded
>>
>>383574354
HG/SS are incredibly overrated, it's literally just a coat of shiny paint that fixed none of the glaring issues that GSC had.
>>
>>383577271
>RS was better than BW1
>DP was better than BW1
This is what I got from your post - that you have shit taste.
>>
File: [Matsuoka Michihiro] 60245493_p0.jpg (1010KB, 928x1291px) Image search: [Google]
[Matsuoka Michihiro] 60245493_p0.jpg
1010KB, 928x1291px
>>383561830
Only if I can continue Chicken and Lillie's Yuri Adventures
>>
>>383577271
Opinioning is not tolerated here.
>>
>>383577362
Agreed, the level curve is atrocious, the dex distribution is rather poor, enemy teams are lackluster and the music is all over the place. I still like it but Platinum is the better game.
>>
>>383575901
Then it wouldn't be a 8th Pokémon Generation game.

In any case, Switch getting the superior version of US/M is the first step towards the correct direction and I couldn't care less about getting an exclusive game. I'm absolutely fine with the Switch getting the definitive edition of the 3DS Pokémon Titles.
>>
File: 250px-584Vanilluxe.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-584Vanilluxe.png
62KB, 250x250px
>>383577352
>tfw nobody likes the ice cream pokemon

I think it's cute
>>
>>383576213
>The best you can hope for is Gale of Darkness-esque stuff where its just a cool RPG.
What part of "CORE RPG TITLE" and "SPIN-OFFS ARE NOT DEVELOPED BY GAME FREAK" did you not understood?
Are you unironically retarded or you were trying to do some complex joke that I didn't caught?
>>
>>383576982
>SM had the highest preorder rates out of any Nintendo game
C'mon, man. Anyone who paid attention to the game industry for the past 6 years knows by now that preorders aren't a valid measurement of a games post-release success. However you do have a point with it's rate of sales. Yet, considering mainline sequel/trilogy Pokemon games receive large fractions of less sales, along with the combination of poor reception and this being a late point in the 3DS' run, Gen 7 does not seem to be shaping up to be very salvageable competition to prior generations.
>>
>>383577483
trubbish and garbodor are great, well-executed concepts too
>>
>>383577548
What part of -esque do you not understand?

Its not going to be Gen 8.
>>
>>383561830
Christ those designs look like utter shit
>>
File: 1496278386573.jpg (416KB, 700x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1496278386573.jpg
416KB, 700x1192px
Chicken-chan is the best thing to ever happen to Pokemon
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>383561830
Yes. As I have no shame whatsoever. Emerald is still my favourite
>>
>>383577574
But gen 1 had Mr.Mime so you don't get to say that sorry!
>>
File: 1470234805964.jpg (26KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470234805964.jpg
26KB, 479x480px
no, pokemon became shit at XY
>>
>>383577556
>poor reception
I think it was pretty positively received. The fact that you think Gen 7 isn't capable of being "salvageable" tells me that you're coming at this with a bit of a bias. Like I said before, I'm pretty sure SM is on track to surpass overall sales of BW1.
>>
>>383577483
REEEEEEEE THIS ONE MON RUINED THE ENTIRE GENERATION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383577607
I want chicken chan cuddling with rirrie chan
>>
>>383577483
In my BW run, I used one for my main party. I wanted to like it but its stats really didn't hold up. Ended up just substituting it with a Cloyster later in the game.
>>
>>383577683
like this?
>>
>>383577352
shhh, people are acting like pokemon ever had godtier designs. Literally any RPG with monsters in it would be better suited for what pokemon does.

That's why releasing Dragon quest monsters joker 3 in the west is VERY encouraged,
please :^(
>>
File: 1499705155759.jpg (127KB, 641x566px) Image search: [Google]
1499705155759.jpg
127KB, 641x566px
>>383577713
yeeeesss
>>
>>383577046
>Waaah Waaah, I made a statement out of my ass, got proven wrong and the dick's just too big!
VASELINE
A
S
E
L
I
N
E
>>
Why did Pokemon designs start getting shittier past Gen 3? There's always been a few stinkers in the bunch but they've only grown more in number with each generation. I thought Sun and Moon was a step in the right direction but then they make this shit.
>>
File: 1449211603331.jpg (52KB, 471x694px) Image search: [Google]
1449211603331.jpg
52KB, 471x694px
>>383561830
where the fuck is the Earth edition?
where the fuck is Z edition?
>>
>>383577765
Actually that wasn't me, that was some other anon. I stopped replying to you because I'm right and I got bored of you.
>>
File: poke-tl.png (2MB, 1416x2000px) Image search: [Google]
poke-tl.png
2MB, 1416x2000px
>there are people who didn't play as chicken-chan
>>
>>383577765
I'm...not the guy you were talking to? Again this is why us all being anon is fucking stupid. Of course you're just gonna say I'm backpedaling because you can't believe that I wasn't him since I didn't say it initially.
>>
File: cPcSDFA2YN12.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
cPcSDFA2YN12.png
18KB, 300x250px
Nah. Hate the legendary designs a ton. Didn't mind Sun but it was very lackluster with lots and lots of flaws presented in this thread. I absolutely hated XY with a passion, still do.
I'm a huge autist for Pokemon, but after XY, ORAS and SM, I've had enough of the watered down shit, especially the lack of postgame. There's nothing motivating me to fuck around in the Maison/Battle Tree, and I couldn't give a fuck less about the multiplayer.
Really fucking hated how trainers only had like 2 fucking Pokemon each too, what the fuck. Also, no unique elite 4 members outside of that golfer lady.
HeartGold ain't going anywhere, so I'm cashing out. GF isn't gonna make another game that's gonna surpass it for me, of that, I'm certain.
Enough is enough.
>>
>>383577816
Playing as the guy in Gen 6 or 7 is retarded because they have like half the clothing options that girls get.
>>
>>383577767
Different artists and evolving artstyles, that's pretty much it, things can't look the same forever.
Gen V has some of the ugliest and coolest designs and this gen has some great mons (at least the bad ones are funny instead of hideous).
>>
>>383577859
E4 being involved in the story is better than them being literal-whos who don't appear anywhere else
>>
>>383577765
I'm not the guy you were replying to too
>>
I've played every main line Pokemon so probably yes although they're gonna lag like hell on my o3DS. But if they release a main game on the Switch I'm not buying that shit
>>
>>383572963
>z-moves break the flow of battle with some 30 second long animation and are more or less glorified elemental gems
>animations

Welp, i've played with animations off since gen 2.
Everything else you said is true familia.
>>
>>383577571
If by "Gale of Darkness-esque" you didn't mean "SpinOff", then I don't know what else, hence my reaction.

In any case, I personally don't care if it's Gen. VIII or not, the superior version of US/M would still be as good of an outcome.
>>
File: 60394497_p4.jpg (249KB, 900x870px) Image search: [Google]
60394497_p4.jpg
249KB, 900x870px
>>
>>383577942
>the superior version of USUM has pay-to-play online
Sounds awesome, I'm sure it'll catch all those hacked pokemon too.
>>
>>383577665
>The fact that you think Gen 7 isn't capable of being "salvageable" tells me that you're coming at this with a bit of a bias.
I initially put down the games and I'm claiming to have seen different types of negative reception towards the installments that agree with my point of view. Why wouldn't I be biased?
>I'm pretty sure SM is on track to surpass overall sales of BW1.
Oh, I know that's a possibility. I'm simpling saying that this franchise's sales trends and this generations subjective and objective failings will surely hinder such a possibility.
>>
>>383577810
>I stopped replying to you
This is literally the first time you're replying to me though. In any case, I apologize, you know that 4Chan is a confusing place most of the time.

>>383577846
>>383577908
>Of course you're just gonna say I'm backpedaling because you can't believe that I wasn't him since I didn't say it initially.
4Chan, confusion, I apologize, have a nice day.
>>
Gen 3 was the last one that didn't feel so handholdy either. I know it's a kid's game but it feels REALLY fucking patronizing throughout in the newer games.

>still getting slow forced tutorials 8/10ths the way into the game
>>
>>383561830
I'm going to pirate it, yes. Before you start talking about bans, I'm banned since SM, I don't care.
>>
>>383577271
>hating the best 2D animations in any Pokémon game

Eat shit; your opinion sucks dick.
>>
>>383577997
>the superior version of USUM has pay-to-play online
You're clearly projecting, I'm not surprised.
Friendo, I couldn't care less about the Multiplayer. I still play ROM Hacks of the 3rd Gen. Games and get lots of fun with them.
>>
>>383578087
How embarrassing. This is why you shouldn't just act like a cunt to every single anon, anon. Try to be better behaved in the future.

>>383578104
Playing through Emerald this summer has been such a nostalgic blast. The lack of load screens between routes helps it feel so fast and huge compared to ORAS.
>>
>>383578104
while SM is definitely the most handholdy, what makes you think gen 3 was the last to not be such? It had plenty of closed off paths, including ridiculous ones like the Peeko in the cave or the team whatevers in Sootopolis just spinning around like nuts and preventing you from going north
>>
File: 1499375054022.png (908KB, 1267x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1499375054022.png
908KB, 1267x1155px
>>383578156
>I couldn't care less about the Multiplayer
>in Pokemon
Whatever floats your boat buddy.
>>
>>383572434
imagine if they set a precedent where you played as an established character instead of blank canvas man/chicken-chan

imagine instead if you played as gladeon or lilly instead
>>
File: 60296534_p16.png (99KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
60296534_p16.png
99KB, 800x1130px
>>383578263
Every game should let you play as Chicken-chan
>>
>>383578237
Breeding, Training, Battling, Exploring. Those are the ones I care about exactly because of the hackfest that the multiplayer is.

In any case, it seems that we came to a mutual understanding so I'm glad, have an unironically nice day dude.
>>
File: 2BhZR.jpg (39KB, 350x800px) Image search: [Google]
2BhZR.jpg
39KB, 350x800px
Also the ultra beast sideplot is so fucking dull. No passion in it.
They don't even get overworld sprites. You're just told "they're in this route", and you encounter them like a regular Pokemon, then it's never brought up again.
It really chaps my ass because the lack of effort is fucking palpable.
>>
>>383578325
C U T E!!!!
>>
>>383578191
Closed paths aren't really handholding so much as blocking you from progression until you reach a point in the story. They're basically really highly polished RPG maker games at their core and require a chain of events to move the story forward so it's easier to section it off with areas that halt the player's progression until they complete all the triggers within the area needed to advance the story.

It's less of a matter of holding the player's hand and guiding them to the next part and more of making it easier to set up storyline events throughout the game.
>>
>>383578368
>the lack of effort is fucking palpable.
I'll defend GF for once, it probably was nintendo and TPC pushing for deadlines.
>>
>>383578345
That's honestly quite understandable, I enjoy playing through the games and exploring too, and its extremely satisfying to breed and train up perfect Pokemon. Part of the fun in Pokemon is that there is so much to do that it can appeal to all sorts of people. That being said, nothing good will come from pay-to-play online, especially if you're not going to be using the multiplayer in the game. You're essentially paying for nothing at that point.

You have a good day too, anon.
>>
>>383578432
At least they explained it this time being an arranged adventure trial. It doesn't fix the problem but it's something.
We'll forever wonder what a pokemon game with no cut features and actual balance looks like (rip any chance of seeing a good anime adaptation too since the ashnime won't die)
>>
>>383578432
I liked that they were just random encounters, it made it freakier when you were just running around in a bush and suddenly that freaky music started blaring.
>>
>>383578432
It was kind of cool having them be random encounters for how terrifying that BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA opening sound of the theme was. I don't know, I thought the UB quest line with Looker and Nanu dropping some info on us was actually pretty fun. Then again, I also grinded it out for a Timid HP Ice Xurkitree so that's just my autistic view of it.
>>
>>383578437
It's bound to happen more either way, and that's NO GOOD!
>>
>>383578832
Sonic pls
>>
File: IMG_0474.png (265KB, 1024x815px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.png
265KB, 1024x815px
>>383578581
> (rip any chance of seeing a good anime adaptation too since the ashnime won't die)

Pokemon XYZ is actually pretty damn good Anon. For Pokemon standards offcourse. But it surprised the shit out of me. Especially after the disaster that was BW anime. SunMoon is bad again. Atleast give XYZ a chance. Just look at how they introduced my favourite new Pokemon ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mzrK5e8CUwU

They went full Lucha.
Also, its funny that the animation is better han Dragonball Super's. But that's a discussion for another time.
>>
File: 796Xurkitree.png (644KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
796Xurkitree.png
644KB, 1280x1280px
>>383578741
on that note, how fucking great are the UBs' designs?
>>
>>383578741
I really didn't like it. Felt dull as hell to me.
I will, however, say that the Ultra beasts had great designs, Buzzwole and Xurkitree in particular I really really liked.
>>
>>383578910
I've already seen all of it.
It pales in comparision to pokemon origins/generations.
Ash and pikachu are killing any potential left.
>>
>>383577810
>I stopped replying to you because I ran out of arguments and can't prove you wrong.
Fixed.
>>
>>383577767
>Why did Pokemon designs start getting shittier past Gen 3?
Between the GBA and DS era, Sugimori was facing fatigue due to evolving aesthetics for each region. This led to others artists such as Ohmura and Yoshida taking a more prominent role for creature and character design. With decreased Sugimori involvement and increased overseeing by Gamefreak/Nintendo marketing teams, this led to smoother shapes for the monsters and skinnier, model-like designs for trainers.

Now this isn't absolving Suigimori of blame. He claimed that Gengar and Venusaur were his favorite, but liked Gengar more because he was simpler and Venusaur less because it is harder to draw. So he's definitely enabling the deterioration of pokemon designs, but there's likely a lack of incentive in his environment to force him to go back to his more creative design methods.
>>
>>383578905
Nobody has a right to sell you a game for price that you don't agree with!
If you see a lack of effort, get outta there!
>>
>>383578979
Every time I see that motherfucking disco electric alien tree swaying in place it just makes me think of fucking Talking Heads
https://youtu.be/obAtn6I5rbY?t=102
>>
File: 1497412712087.jpg (987KB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
1497412712087.jpg
987KB, 1280x909px
>>383578979
Pretty fucking great. The animations especially, Xurk is so neat to watch.

>>383578986
Different strokes, I guess. Keep in mind I also really liked the Looker quest in XY.

Really really hoping we get more UBs in USUM.

>>383579024
Nah, it was correct before.
>>
>>383579114
>Nah, it was correct before.
Prove it then.
>>
File: 1497412437989.jpg (911KB, 925x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497412437989.jpg
911KB, 925x1280px
>>383579162
How about you prove Pokemon Switch is going to be Gen 8, and I'll post some more UB art. I think that sounds better.
>>
>>383579114
>different strokes, I guess
Fair enough.
>>
File: IMG_0473.gif (888KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0473.gif
888KB, 500x377px
>>383578741
>>383578979
I played the games blind. I knew nothing of the UBs. Everytime i encountered a new one i was excited. Xurkitree is the one that actually made me laugh out loud. I did NOT see a groovy tree of curcuits coming at ALL. I loved it.
>>
>>383579223
>>383579114
I wish they never called the UBs "pokemon", they are great in concept since the whole "different dimension" let's them explore new ideas and designs but since they called them pokemon people shit on them anyway.
>>
>>383578741
Say what you want about SM but it had some great music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4qdUsfuhh0
>>
File: 1497412564336.jpg (561KB, 1280x929px) Image search: [Google]
1497412564336.jpg
561KB, 1280x929px
>>383579313
I felt that way about this cutie until he started shredding my team apart.

>>383579343
Did they ever actually call them Pokemon? They're lifeforms from another dimension but they're not really Pokemon, its why the balls outside of Beast Balls suck against them.
>>
>>383578741
Shame the legendary dogs beat them to that idea by more than a decade.
>>
>>383579343
Should've just had some characters argue whether or not they're classifiable as Pokemon and until they decide, they just get shuffled into a part of your Pokedex called the Ultradex
>>
>>383579404
Aether Foundation constantly refers to them as pokemon like life forms. Enough for shitters and genwunners.
>>
>>383574895
boy i sure do love cutscenes every 5 minutes and a 3 hour long tutorial where nothing happens
>>
>>383579429
The legendary dog battle theme isn't brickshitting.
>>
>>383578979
I still think they had a different idea for the draft with UB's than Lusamine's quest for Jellyfish cock.

Damn thing really looks like Guzma.
>>
>>383579429
They're way better at it too. Fucking loved the dogs.
Raikou is my favorite sub legend.
>>
>>383579480
Genwunners don't actually play the games though. And pokemon-like is accurate, they're similar in many ways pokemon but they're not.
>>
>>383579509
All the ultra beasts have a parallel with a character from the main story. Yet more things to add to the pile of unfinished, cut and scrapped content!
>>
>>383579509
>Fuses with her drug jellyfish
>throws out her own Pokemon instead of you getting to fight her directly
what
was
the
point
>>
>>383579368
I loved the Tapu music myself. Loved the tribal deity fight feel of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU
>>
>>383579429
dogs aren't weird-ass alien things though. UBs give me the feeling that you're "not supposed" to be fighting them, like how in some old jrpgs with poor coding you could find late-game enemies or whatever in early areas.
>>
File: 1497412374501.jpg (952KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
1497412374501.jpg
952KB, 1280x908px
>>383579509
Plus Pheromosa really looks like Lusamine and is all about beauty.
>>
File: Poke02.jpg (104KB, 630x402px) Image search: [Google]
Poke02.jpg
104KB, 630x402px
>>383579032
I can tell you that this a common thing with Japanese artists. Once the property they helped create gains enough popularity and consistent revenue, editors lay off in giving them directions. This often leads to the artists giving into their poor habits. An example of this is manga. If artists and editors work together with both empathy and critical mindsets, they get decent results. However, once the money starts flowing in, the editors and artists become lazier or burned out. The reason Gen 2 ended up with so many dot-eyed smiley faces is because they let up too easy on Sugimori.

tldr; Artists need to be kept in check so that they don't start slipping.
>>
>>383579223
Nice dodging, but I'm not falling for it. Throughout this thread there been multiple posts with actual arguments for Pokemon Switch being Gen VIII, yet I haven't seen anything that would go against that. So how about you give some actual arguments instead of ignoring the ones that are already present that you can't disprove?
>>
>>383579636
>She even only had five pokemon
Should have just treated it like a Totem battle with Nihelgo, where you're fighting it with souped up stats as the sixth pokemon. Maybe they thought it was too hard but come on, its even more of a blueball situation than fucking Doctor Octopus from XY.
>>
File: 1492315451576.jpg (83KB, 577x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492315451576.jpg
83KB, 577x624px
>>383579483
The sad part is, the cutscenes wouldn't be as unbearable if the chatactera didn't suck.
Don't get me wrong, it's Pokemon, I'm not expecting Hamlet, but everyone outside Guzma and Plumeria brought nothing to the table. They're annoying if anything.
I dunno how people like Lillie when her one trait is "I'm unfamiliar with pokemon".
And then they sidestep making that a plotpoint they could develop with writing with "LOL she just uses repels litwrally the whole story, done!"
Fucking hacks.
>>
>>383579646
This post is basically Dragonball: hoe it happened. The more the series continued the more they just let Toriyama do whatever he wanted. The entire Buu arc is Toriyama just pulling random shit of his ass.
>>
File: 1497412649036.jpg (453KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497412649036.jpg
453KB, 900x1280px
>>383579724
No arguments for Pokemon Switch being gen 8 have been posted, and I already posted earlier about how its inconceivable for Pokemon Switch to be a new gen given the dev time. Sorry dude, I'm right; if you have a problem with that, actually prove me wrong.
>>
>>383579864
ayy lmao
>>
>>383579864
Rocket Bamboo princess is the best Ultra Beast.
>>
>>383579864
>given the dev time.
That being?
>>
>>383579784
I found all the characters really cute, can't you just enjoy them like that? They're all quirky and one dimensional but it's all played as a joke.
>>
File: 1497412775807.jpg (761KB, 906x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497412775807.jpg
761KB, 906x1280px
>>383579926
She's pretty great, I was sad she wasn't in Sun. But I was happy with my paper samurai too. Shame Guzzlord sucks too much, he's cool too.

>>383579929
Dev work started this year and the game comes out next year.
>>
>>383579864
THICC
>>
>>383579574
Fucking RIGHT.
>turns into Lovecraft thing
>battles like everyone else
>turned off my 3ds
>>
>>383579995
>and the game comes out next year.
What's your source for this?
>>
>>383580037
>No way to catch Lusamine and keep her in a pokeball
REEEEEEE GAMEFREAK
>>
>>383580051
http://www.ign.com/g00/boards/threads/noa-metroid-prime-4-pokemon-switch-are-2018-titles.454987373/?i10c.referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2F

>2018 will be around Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, new Pokemon game has been announced.

Here comes the airplane! Open wide!
>>
File: 200.gif (31KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
31KB, 200x200px
>>383577903
>E4 being involved in the story is better than them being literal-whos who don't appear anywhere else
Actually, it really isn't. Gym Leaders, Elites, and Champions somehow following the trainer always slowed down the pacing of the adventure.
If I'm gonna be fed exposition by an important character, let it be the an important event I initiated or a serious conflict happening in a game (such as a rival battle, a villain battle, or a Legendary spotting). Don't come spamming dialogue at me every time I leave a city or when I reach some unimportant point in a route.
>>
>>383579636
Nihilego = lillie
Buzzwhole = gladion
Pheromosa = lusamine
Xurkitree = guzma
Celesteela = faba? kukui? kahili?
Guzzlord = guzma again? hala?
Ultra Beast/Legendary trio = ???
>>
>>383580149
>what is worldbuilding
>>
>>383579926
I bet she's a stinky NEET too!
>>
File: 1480854878872.jpg (37KB, 839x517px) Image search: [Google]
1480854878872.jpg
37KB, 839x517px
>>383580149
I don't know, having the Elite Four be who they were was pretty sensible. It let us get two souped up earlier trainer fights, face down with qt ghost girl and get furious golf girl as the classic E4 member out of nowhere.
>>
>>383579938
Because the one trait they have is utilized horribly and they do nothing with them, like I posted about Lillie.
It wouldn't be that hard to pull off at all.
>>
>>383579938
>They're all quirky and one dimensional but it's all played as a joke.
It's not a very good joke. Also, quirkiness is best delivered when it's not obtrusive or isn't given at a snail's pace.
>>
>>383580149
>He didn't like the ending festival with all the silly captains that helped him throughout the adventure
>>
File: Faggot.png (115KB, 1153x437px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.png
115KB, 1153x437px
>>383580130
Great source, filename.
>>
>>383561830
only if I can skip the cutscene and they add a serious post game.
>>
File: 1485104693790.png (730KB, 1200x396px) Image search: [Google]
1485104693790.png
730KB, 1200x396px
>>383579784
Did you hang out with them? The fire and grass leaders were pretty great, as was Nanu.

How the fuck can you not love Nanu?
>>
>>383580264
I don't care how cute Acerola is, I don't like her as an E4 member at all(how fucking old is she, she looks like she's eight)
Golf lady can stay, she's great
>>
>>383562446
Sauce
>>
>>383580370
>he doesn't like Acerola
I didn't know it was possible to have such shit taste
>>
File: FL_Power_Plant.png (3KB, 240x112px) Image search: [Google]
FL_Power_Plant.png
3KB, 240x112px
>>383580203
>>what is worldbuilding
Something Pokemon does better when its initiated by the player rather than forced by the game.
>>
File: are you retarded.dib.png (162KB, 1004x816px) Image search: [Google]
are you retarded.dib.png
162KB, 1004x816px
>>383580281
I even used yahoo just for you, anon. I'd tell you "filename" too but you wouldn't be able to find it, you fucking retard.
>>
>>383580370
Nanu told Kukui to fuck off and sent his annoying niece instead, that's hilarious.
>>
>>383580358
You know what?
I'll give you Nanu. I forgot about him because I could only stomach a playthrough twice, but he was one of the good ones.
>>
File: 1493492537417.jpg (38KB, 474x497px) Image search: [Google]
1493492537417.jpg
38KB, 474x497px
>>383580274
>>383580276
I don't know then anons, I know the story and characters are super dull when compared to other games/media, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it, I couldn't help myself from chuckling everytime Gladion showed up and his theme song started playing, or whenever Lillie did some silly face.
Nanu and Acerola actually got a few laughs out of me.
Also the ending was cute with the festival and sliding photos.
I think people are just looking too much into pokemon when it's clearly not cathered to us.
>>
>>383580573
>I could only stomach a playthrough twice
Jesus Christ, how? I couldn't get past getting my starter.
>>
File: 1447910703762.png (155KB, 310x269px) Image search: [Google]
1447910703762.png
155KB, 310x269px
>>383561830
>Are you going to get these?
Nope. Beyond the generic waifus that people obsess over, there's nothing enticing about this generation.
>>
>>383580467
I don't like her AS AN E4 MEMBER you doofus
She's cute and fine, just not that part about her
>>
>>383580594
SM had the most memorable characters of any game
>m-muh N
>>
>>383580594
My biggest problem with the story was you have all these super expressive NPCs and then you have the MC doing that retarded smile the entire game. Lillie and Lusamine are yelling at each other and you're just standing there with that same fucking smirk you've had all game. It pulled me out.
>>
>>383580653
And you're player character is like 10, its not as if age was ever a restriction in these games.
>>
>>383580594
You're not fooling anyone, dude. You're just being another waifufag excusing the poor pacing of the game for the sake of the girls you found cute.
>>
>>383574895
Personally I didn't like the lack of endgame content. It felt like there was nothing worthwhile to do after beating the Pokemon League although there is some more story with Looker about Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>383569270
the water looks great in that game
>>
>>383580508
>Charlie Scibetta
Literally who? Someone who's actually relevant like Tsunekazu Ishihara said that the game's probably not coming out for more than a year from now, I'd rather trust him than some schmuck who sounds like he's talking out of his ass. Metroid Prime 4's not coming next year either.
>>
File: 1453433023677.png (104KB, 278x351px) Image search: [Google]
1453433023677.png
104KB, 278x351px
>>383580594
>Lillie did some silly face
>the ending was cute with the festival and sliding photos
>Nanu and Acerola actually got a few laughs out of me.
This is an RPG series focused around fighting a variety of monsters. Throwing around anime chicks doing cute things may be enough to satiate you, but other people actually want to play a game.
>>
>>383561830
My 3DS is hacked, so maybe just to know that I'm stealing from the dirty Asian Jews.
>>
>>383580918
Pretty pathetic reply, anon. You're welcome to give me a source on your quote, but it won't change the fact that Pokemon Switch won't be Gen 8.
>>
>>383580957
The actual battle system is the best that it's ever been though, Z-moves are way better than Megas and now HMs are finally gone
>>
>>383580594
To add to this point, it's pretty clear by now that game freak is awful at story telling. They're at their best with stuff like haunted mansions or world building through gameplay mechanics (stuff like absol's locations, red gyarados, cubone sosing kangaskhan, trade evos, etc).
The closest they came to a good story was BW/BW2, and still I can't remember a single name from that game besides N's. This time at least they nailed the characters, of course the game would have been better with a more refined story, all there is a barebones hero's journey structure.
>>383580663
This was a joke through the game, didn't you notice all the closeups into their souless face.
>>
>>383581073
>not having to waste my party's moves with HMs
Ride music is a small price to pay.

>>383581097
Its a constant thing and its annoying as fuck. It was just particularly jarring during the dramatic stuff at the end with Lusamine.
>>
>>383581020
Here: >>383575719
>>
>>383581165
Really, the same video again? Alright, if that's all I'm done with you, then.
>>
>>383581273
What's wrong? It has the quote you asked for.
>>
>>383581148
Yeah they gave up there.
Because during the first encounter with nihilego they actually animated the protagonist's face.
>>
Anyone else feel like the games started in a reversed order plotwise? The first game, the one where everyone was new to the series and didn't know what to expect, was just "Here's a fucking dragon, now go fight some shit." Now you have to go through ten minutes of cutscenes just to get a starter. It's the exact opposite way to keep my interest through the series. Like, I've already done this before, just tell me about the new gimmick and let me dick around.
>>
>>383581382
kids are retarded this generation
>>
>>383561830
no. since they announced the new pokemon will be on a switch, i don't want to buy any more handheld games.
>>
File: 1498873818462.jpg (26KB, 618x345px) Image search: [Google]
1498873818462.jpg
26KB, 618x345px
>>383576264
You CANT CATCH POKEMON AFTER THE GAME IS OVER?
>>
File: xiaXfZBP.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xiaXfZBP.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>POKEMON IS DOOMED
>DOOOMED
>SUN MOON ARE SHIT

lmao
>>
>>383581382
They've established an already big fan base so the oldfags will stick with it anyway and not give a shit. However they are trying to appeal to the newcomers to get more fans (money) of course
>>
>>383581464
>switch
>not handheld
>>
File: 1498742584-1.jpg (74KB, 796x704px) Image search: [Google]
1498742584-1.jpg
74KB, 796x704px
>this thread
fucking lol you kids are ingorant "fans" pretending to care about a series that is cool to hate and you haven't touched since you were 12
absolute cancer, thank god SM took many risks and innovated despite what backwards thinking cucks think
Cucks that just idly absorb as little as possible to pass as "fans" while idolizing the few Pokemon they like out of nostalgia.
>>
File: this town's finished.png (186KB, 563x689px) Image search: [Google]
this town's finished.png
186KB, 563x689px
>>383581514
>the oldfags will stick with it anyway
I'm just one voice in a sea of shouting, but I'm out. One of my first memories is beating Gary's Alakazam in Kindergarten and I just can't care anymore.

>>383581693
Fight me, cunt.
>>
>>383561830
>current year
>wasting time on 3ds
No
>>
>>383581820
Why would anyone fight you, you're leaving. See ya.
>>
>>383581820
> Gary's Alakazam in Kindergarten
they actually admit they are autistic genwunner shits but still continue to pretend to care about the series
wow the mental gymnastics must me tiring
>>
>>383581820
Yeah what a fight! Apex of the series! I miss when Pokemon was good!
>>
>>383580957
>This is an RPG series focused around fighting a variety of monsters. Throwing around anime chicks doing cute things may be enough to satiate you, but other people actually want to play a game.
holy shit we are going full backwards now, go kill yourself, you might be reborn into your autistic childhood that you idolize faggot
>>
>>383580663
That's the problem. It's like White Knight Chronicles where you're just a side character in Lillie's coming of age story.
>>
>>383582037
>>383581987
Yeah, kinda hard to have fond memories of ORAS in fucking 2000.
>>
itt: a bunch of manchildren fight over a video game for 8 years old made by 20 chinks in a year
>>
>>383582074
That didn't bother me as much as the expression stuff. For fucks sakes, even XY had your character do a different pose when you stopped Team Flare from using their super weapon to kill everyone.
>>
>>383582074
They won't get rid of customizable avatars just like persona won't either. Even if it'd lead to more interesting stories, people would find a way to complain.
>>
File: sm (15).jpg (121KB, 1141x712px) Image search: [Google]
sm (15).jpg
121KB, 1141x712px
>>383582037
SM has literally the strongest opponent pokemon in the series ever because for the first time they have EVs on top of IVs
The E4 and postgame trainers have all 31x6 IVs and 252/252 sets, it's just that if you grind like a retard or abuse the exp share it won't matter anyway
hopefully with USUM being targeted towards older fans they will do something to balance the exp share already
using the BW experience formula was amazing step forward too
The AI is top notch as well, they will never let you fuck around with a type weaknesses unlike every other game before the 3DS
Still nostalgiacucks will pretend that the 0x6 IVs, 0 EVs, brain dead AI that can't even use super effective moves was better, because they *remember* it so
>>
File: 13-CH-DOLPHINGUN_large.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
13-CH-DOLPHINGUN_large.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>383582037
>Exeggutor is lvl 61 while Gyarados and Arcanine are both 63
>>
File: 1473803620669.png (154KB, 793x687px) Image search: [Google]
1473803620669.png
154KB, 793x687px
>>383582272
If they have a PWT type thing I'll be set. I just want at least one decent thing to do other than that fucking tree.

Also I thought ORAS had some pretty great trainer encounters.
>>
>>383582272
>SM has literally the strongest opponent pokemon in the series ever
BW2 says hello.
>>
File: 1482785686788.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482785686788.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>383582124
>I missed the abusive parenthood and broken families themes of SM because reading dialog is boring lol, I just want to **adventure** like when I was 12
If you play the games like a child, don't expect anything better faggot
>>
>>383582396
BW2 had challenge mode specifically for it sure, but remind yourself that BW2 was a third version like USUM, not SM
BW on comparison was a pile of trash that BW2 saved and elevated into more than a "pokemon" game
>>
>>383582396
BW2 had a whooooole lot of crazy trainer teams. Fucking N and his four weather teams, good lord. I really miss having so much content packed into the games.
>>
Surely USUM will unfuck bottle caps and make them worth using right?
>>
File: 1477346733376.png (51KB, 763x615px) Image search: [Google]
1477346733376.png
51KB, 763x615px
>it's better though because ADVENTURE lmao and no "cutscenes"
>>
>>383582587
They need to unfuck the plaza, that's way more important. PSS was way better.
>>
>>383582397
If I wanted a well told mature story I'd read a fucking book. I want to run around in Hawaii and make dragons fight dinosaurs and SuMo, despite being perfectly set up to give me that, failed to make it entertaining. At the very least, they could have toned down on the early exposition so you actually have the time to get settled into the game before you have to read a longass cutscene.
>>
File: dp.jpg (750KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
750KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383582621
This is actually such a brickshitting Nuzlocke encounter. Nuzlocking does wonders to make HGSS more interesting, though the issue of leveling is still present.
>>
>>383582664
>sumo
every time
>>
>>383582629
But if they remove the plaza how will we be able to do all the plaza stuff?
>>
File: 1469104091144.gif (493KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1469104091144.gif
493KB, 500x273px
>>383582679
>Platinum
>shit
Nope I replayed it a few months ago and its rock fucking solid, baby.
>>
>>383582723
Christ, literally all they had to do was copy Join Avenue and build off what they had with the PSS. All of the shops in the plaza end up sucking dick or not being worth the grind, outside of the lottery ones where you can get the bottle caps. Which I'm up to my ass in because nothing else is worth it.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>383582738
>literally the most boring and stale pokemon game, a 1-1 copy of the RSE formula, with even shittier level balance on top
fucking lol
>>
>>383561830
Im mean is gonna be free. So sure, why not?
>>
>>383582849
Platinum has a fantastic level curve, hat the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>383582738
>you can only have 4 pokemon tops because you need like 9 HM moves to get around
it's like they weren't even thinking and hoping the underage fans will eat it up anyway
>try to play with a rotating 6 team
>end up incredibly underleved that you can't even win with type advantage
nostalgia cucks I tell you
>>
>>383582950
nvm the E4 you just need to grind a little in the victory rd. :^)
>>
>>383582849
How is it a copy of RSE?
>>
>>383582953
I played it literally two months ago, so nope, not nostalgia. I personally just ran 5 for sure mons with one rotating team member, but its not like you fucking need Defog or whatever most of the time.

>>383583013
Are you joking or what? The E4 in Platinum isn't rough at all, Cynthia is hard and that's because her team is just bulky and hard-hitting.
>>
>>383582738
so the penguin and the monkey are using ice beam and flamethrower, and the turtle is gonna follow up with a bullet seed, what the fuck
>>
>>383582953
>have to actually use the aid of your monsters to explore the world
Yeah, wow, what a bizarre concept.
>>
>>383583110
Gotta break that focus sash.
>>
File: D5lHW.png (239KB, 706x298px) Image search: [Google]
D5lHW.png
239KB, 706x298px
>>383561830
No. There were the last good Pokemon games, everything else has just been absolute shit.

X/Y
ORAS
SuMo
USUM
and whatever comes after. I'm done with this stupid franchise. I pirated everything after Gen V, and it was literally not even worth the time to pirate and play.

Get Prism instead, it's far better and more innovative than any turd GF will shit out.
>>
>>383583204
ORAS wasn't shit and was a stepup from XY.
>>
>>383583204
Prism is way too fucking convoluted.
Seriously, 75 percent of the game is archaic as fuck.
>>
>>383582515
>swinub used powder snow!
>>
>>383583260
ORAS was absolute trash. Way worse than RSE. Like WAY WAY worse. And not even close to how good GenV and HGSS were.
>>
>>383583016
>8 gyms in strict order, even more tms, nonsensical evil team that wants to cause cataclysm to evil team that wants to destroy the fucking universe for its head's whim, hardly any important characters, gym leaders are literal whos, generic rival that is your childhood friend, focus on the """"adventure"""" through an empty region while slogging through the gyms
think about it
>>383583146
you can't be serious but I guess you are one of those that only use their starter so who cares
>>
>>383583358
Oh fuck off, I liked Emerald better due to the Frontier but it was far, far better than RS.

Also, just because a game isn't 10/10 doesn't make it shit.
>>
File: 1391748014842.jpg (10KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1391748014842.jpg
10KB, 247x248px
>>383583204
>prism
>innovative
>sm not
holy shit dude are you ok?
>>
>>383583146
It was legit garbage, though. A bunch of shitty moves that can't be deleted that you need just because. It'd make more sense if it just required you to use a pokemon with certain traits, like a big guy with high attack for Strength and Rock smash and a water dude for surf and waterfall. I will never not be mad about Flash.

>>383583204
If you've already played Ruby or Emerald, ORAS is good. It throws in some quality of life improvements and lets you trash the game NG+ style if you have any semblance of what you're doing. I found it pretty fun.
>>
File: shiggy_diggy_doo.jpg (56KB, 622x486px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy_diggy_doo.jpg
56KB, 622x486px
>>383583370
That first part is just you dumbing down the common aspects of literally every mainline game in the franchise. Name one version that doesn't have that stuff.
And the latter part of your post is just shitflinging, come on, man.
>>
>>383583492
They can be deleted, though. There's a person called the move deleter who can delete your moves.
>>
>>383583546
SM doesn't have any of that unless you didn't pay attention
>>
>>383583546
Gen 1, 2, 5, and 7 all are somewhat different, but Gen 1 and 2 had shit stories.
>>
File: 1499293537308.png (44KB, 293x256px) Image search: [Google]
1499293537308.png
44KB, 293x256px
>>383583204
>legitimate ORAS apologists replying to (You)
>>
>>383583626
they didn't even have a story
it was all about the A D V E N T U R E
>>
>>383583719
I felt more adventurous doing shit like going up to Snowpoint. Sinnoh had some really strenuous routes, it felt very rugged.
>>
File: Boner.png (82KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
Boner.png
82KB, 241x250px
>>383583582
Yeah, because the entire story can be summed up as "Lillie's mom is neurotic".
But, admittedly, that's me moving the goalposts, so you have a point.
But that doesn't stop it from being worse than all the other games bar XY, because XY took the regular Pokemon formula and watered it down to a mush of dull shit.
>>383583626
Yeah, all the games are a bit different from one another.
So?
>>
I haven't played a pokemon game since Crystal, but I recently found my old Gameboy Color so I've been playing it again out of nostalgia. Which Gen 3+ games are the best?
>>
>>383583952
BW2 and SM only the rest are redundant
>>
>>383582679
This
>>
>>383583952
Emerald
Platinum
HGSS, although you're already on Crystal.
BW2 (but I'm going to be one of those huge fags that says you should really play 1 first).

FRLG is solid too, just not as good as Emerald. If you're looking for nostalgia that's a good one to consider. SM is fun but wait for USUM.
>>
>>383583574
A: Not in Red, Yellow, and Blue.
B: Still way more of a hassle than it should be.
>>
>>383583952
Lillie's game
>>
>>383582679
>>383584043
it's just the phase pham, 5 years ago people praised RSE as well, it is all about the age group that currently is 18-20 years old
It used to be RSE kids, now they grew up and DPPT kids took their place
>>
>>383584091
Red, Yellow and Blue aren't what we're talking about though, we're talking about Platinum.

Its a hassle, but for a region meant to be rugged and difficult to traverse it feels right. The battle island in postgame was a good example of this done well.
>>
I can't replay pokemon games, after the first playthrough it just gets stale no matter what gen
>>
>>383561830
Wait, is that an actual pokemon design? I thought it was some silly mockup from deviantart. Pure cringe.
>>
>>383561830
Only if it doesn't have so many god damn cutscenes, shit is ridiculous. I felt like Sun/Moon had more waiting through cutscenes than fucking Persona 5, at least in P5 I can basically always read at my own pace and then press the button to advance, SuMo cutscenes are just atrociously directed, there's so much dead time waiting for someone to walk across a room or something. NOBODY looked at Pokemon and thought "man this could use 100 times more boring, meaningless cutscenes and waiting time." The game is also utterly braindead easy even by Pokemon standards.
>>
>>383584297
Nuzlockes are the only way I do it, everything else feels boring.
>>
>>383584090
Is BW2 a remake or a sequel to BW?
>>
>>383584451
sequel and clearly the best pokemon game
>>
>>383583952
It may have been because I lucked out with my team choices (Victini and Haxorus were there), but I had a blast with Black.

>>383584246
>The battle island in postgame was a good example of this done well.
I guess, but not in a way that I liked. The trainers there were actually solid challenges and having to dedicate at least 2 members of your team to HMs just made you weaker.

>>383584363
This and randomizers.
>>
>>383584451
A sequel that takes place two years later. You can even link up your copy of BW1 with it to have some additional scenes and battles. Its still the same region, but they added more towns, routes, dungeons, areas, changed up some gyms, changed three gym leaders, and other stuff. It basically takes BW1 and builds on everything it did well, while ironing out some problems.
>>
>>383576264
Except this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Most of those have been patched, or yes too lazy to check in the game.
>>
>defending ORAS
>not just playing everything up to Gen V in self-imposed challenge runs every now and then

the franchise is garbage now, best they could do is release a colosseum esque rpg on switch
>>
>>383574601
Totem Pokemon would have been good if their AI hadn't been set to discourage them from attacking.
>>
>>383584363

I did have one idea for another type of challenge run that might be neat if I can get the idea to develop a bit more:

>No healing at pokemon centres (or on-route characters who you can talk to to get healing from)
>Cannot buy any more than 10 of any healing item per city
>No buying of revives but you are allowed to use ones you pick up
>>
>>383584656
I'd love to see some actual reasoning behind ORAS being shit beyond AHHHH THERE'S NO BATTLE FRONTIER AND LIZA AND TATE SUCK DICK LIKE THEY DID IN R/S

It was pretty fun; definitely more entertaining than XY in every way except the lack of a friend safari.
>>
>>383584673
Lurantis and Mimikyu were perfect, just make all the fights like those.
>>
>>383584753
I'd say part of it is ease.
You can easily get by with just your starter (especially if it's Blaziken) and, just in case you can't, they hand you a nuke halfway through the game by just giving you a mega Latios/Latias. And, this is anecdotal, but Groudon was super easy to catch. I reset my game a lot to get a decent nature and I consistently caught him with just a few Pokeballs. There's just no fucking challenge.
I still had a lot of fun with it, though.
>>
>>383584957
To be fair, you can get by any Pokemon game with ease just using your starter. Mega Lati@s is fucking lame but soaring is nice. And the best games, BW2, had a legendary trio just run up to you, so its not like this behavior is anything new from GF.
>>
>>383584753

the handholding is obnoxious and the first time I felt like I was playing a game for someone 10 years my junior. honestly the moment they gave me a latios before foretree I knew it'd gone sour. Megas generally ruin the difficulty curve either way

also brawly is total shite too, no more surprise focus punch on the non-existent meditite.

HGSS copied their sister version Crystal, ORAS copied Ruby/Sapphire and decided to dumb them down even further.
>>
>>383572963
autistic nitpicks out the ass
>unironically assuming these autistic nitpicks make the game bad
Sun and Moon are the best games in the series. I'm glad they'll be setting a precedent for the series. If you don't like it, you should consider just dropping the series. Or atleast the mainline games, because they're clearly not for you anymore.
>>
>>383585231
HGSS didn't really fix any of the actual flaws with Gen 2, it just added a shitload of content. Reminder that they copied the Frontier from Platinum just like how ORAS copied the maison from XY.

I think you're right in that ORAS could have been a lot better, but I'm not going to call it shit, that's just hyperbole.
>>
>>383584656
Your taste is clearly garbage.
>>
File: 1369967026956.jpg (160KB, 648x720px) Image search: [Google]
1369967026956.jpg
160KB, 648x720px
>>383561830

>tfw realizing they will never make a game featuring beloved features of all the previous games, probably not even as a deathrattle 20 years down the line

I'm done doing day 1 buys of pogeymans, but I'm hoping this one actually improves on all the parts of SM that felt underwhelming (postgame, clothing, sidecontent)
>>
>>383584451
A sequel but seriously don't bother playing them. They're not very good.
>>
>>383585430
All of that is literally a given.
>>
>>383585237
>new pokemon are often 5% or lower encounters
This is not an autistic nitpick, you cunt. Half the reason for buying yet another pokemon game is to experience the new pokemon they added in. What's the fucking point if the game is going to be filled with the same shit we've already seen?
>hyper training needs disgustingly rare items
I thought the point of hyper training was to streamline the IV nonsense? You already have a Pokemon at level 100, why include an additional requirement of a rare item?
>>
>>383585510
This is Gamefreak we're talking about, it really isn't.
>>
File: 1375893038278.jpg (16KB, 315x280px) Image search: [Google]
1375893038278.jpg
16KB, 315x280px
>>383585510

I don't have enough faith in that to day 1 buy anymore.
>>
>>383561830
Ahahah, fuck no. Pokemon died when ORAS had less content than the fucking originals. Gamefreak are a bunch of fucking hacks.
>>
>>383585528
Why worry about how rare an item is when you can just cheat to get it? And despite how shit /vp/ is if you yourself can't cheat there are some people there that are actually cool enough to do it for you.
>>
File: NIGGER.png (14KB, 213x246px) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER.png
14KB, 213x246px
>>383577483
I fucking love gen five, the designs were so charming
>>
File: 1378744235871.jpg (40KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1378744235871.jpg
40KB, 640x360px
>>383561830
>purposely skimp on postgame material
>release essentially the same game, plus the cut content FOR FULL PRICE

how do they get away with it?
>>
>>383585341
Shh you can't talk about the flaws of Gen2 and its remakes here. These games are worshipped despite being objecitvely shit.
>>
>>383585683
Are you fucking serious with this post
>>
>>383585683
>just cheat
I shouldn't fucking have to.
>>
>>383585756
>normies won't play past post game
>nerds will buy the game anyway
that's how
>>
>>383585756
But the tiger has a big leg on one side this time
>>
>>383585237
>NO THATS NOT REAL CRITICISM

You're acting like a baby, come up with actual points, you poofter
>>
File: 1498848398132.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498848398132.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>not making the prefix something solar/moon related
>>
>>383585791
>>383585829
Only cucks and moralfags don't. Just hack. Don't be a disgusting loser like Verlisify who breeds his Pokemon.
>>
>>383585584
Fuck off back to r/pokemon or some shit with your irrational GF hate. Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 all were major improvements from the original. Even Yellow and Crystal were better than their originals. It's. A. Given. This is how they've always done things, gen 6 being the one exception where they decided to do a highly requested remake.
>>
File: 1499393420910.png (176KB, 482x372px) Image search: [Google]
1499393420910.png
176KB, 482x372px
>>383585756
this is a series that has been making you buy the same game twice and have a friend with the system and game to trade with to get all the content for twenty years without anyone questioning it
>>
>>383585941
>have to use hacks to enjoy the game
Isn't that a sign of a shit game?
Anyway, just because you can use third party shit to cheat doesn't make the criticisms any less valid. They're still issues that the game inherently has.
>>
>>383585791
>>383585829
It's an option. If getting the item fairly is too hard or annoying for you. Cheat. There's nothing wrong with cheating in Pokemon. Or don't go for the item and try to do shit the old fashion way.
>>
>>383585893
>criticism
It seems you spend too much time on 4chan shitposting if you actually believe that's "real criticism".
>>
>>383585918
It's Ultra because Ultra Space, Ultra Beasts, etc.
Thread posts: 447
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.