[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: vidya remakes you desperately want to see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: spyro remake.png (2MB, 911x1148px) Image search: [Google]
spyro remake.png
2MB, 911x1148px
ITT: vidya remakes you desperately want to see
>>
Demon's Souls remake when
>>
>>383555336
DeS aged really poorly and it's honestly kind of tedious to play, but if they fully remade it from the ground up with the same passion they originally had, actually completed the intended sixth world, and fixed a lot of the shittier mechanics then it could turn out pretty cool.

>>383555212
Remade how? Like Crash or an actual mechanical "ground up" remake? Because Spyro needs more than just a visual update. That camera and those wonky controls really need fixed.
>>
File: 1494381125512s.jpg (4KB, 158x151px) Image search: [Google]
1494381125512s.jpg
4KB, 158x151px
since they did the crash bandicoot remake do you think they will actually do spyro?
>>
>>383555741
They need to adjust the world tendencies, make it easier for people to understand how it works and for gods sakes, make the weapon upgrade more manageable. How many bloody different items do you really need dammnit.
>>
>>383555741
Spyro 2/3 had amazing controls, if they made a game with the world and atmosphere of spyro 1 but the controls of 2/3 it would be GOAT
>>
>>383556296
Leaked models of figurines made some people speculate.

>>383555212
>implying Insomniac would have a part of making it.
>>
>>383556296

It's easier than actually making a new game so why no?
>>
Anybody mentioning games that are a generation old can get fucked.
>>
>>383556834
I bet they would fuck up 1's perfect soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4IbvdqyNcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I76GV2bTcHI
>>
>>383557057
If they do have remakes planed I hope they wise up and hire copeland because I feel the PS1 Spyro music would be so so easy to fuck up
>>
>>383555212
Wtf is that shit in the backround?Yeah i'd want it if spyro looks the way he does on the cover art of the original trilogy, and they can keep the sky's looking like the originals.Considering how the crash remake went, i'm pretty sure they would change the art where it isn't the same.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 200x135px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 200x135px
Please.
>>
>>383555212
It's too easy to fuck up a Spyro trilogy remake, because they'll definitely just slap a bunch of realistic-looking graphics on the game and ruin the atmosphere. They got away with it in Crash because his world is more grounded in reality, whereas Spyro's world is more dream-like and abstract.

>>383557695
Would he even be up to doing it?
>>
File: hi1kgj5scw7u.jpg (82KB, 1044x1044px) Image search: [Google]
hi1kgj5scw7u.jpg
82KB, 1044x1044px
Medievil needs to come back to life
>>
>>383559079

On the flip-side VV now has a load of experience remaking shit so they'll go A++ on Spyro.
>>
>>383556417
I only played the first one but I'll take your word for it. A Spyro remake with better controls would be amazing regardless.

>>383556306
Those are among the biggest issues I'd want fixed, yeah. Though the whole idea that world tendency often requires online play is a flawed mechanic since these games' online tends to die out. Same with a lot of later Souls' covenant rewards.
>>
File: kirby64 box.jpg (52KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
kirby64 box.jpg
52KB, 500x349px
>make the gameplay more good and hardcore like Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot
>make the world less 3D, turny, and confusing, make it more like Return to Dream Land and Kirby Switch
>each ability has a lot of moves for a moveset and they give Kirby a special hat/weapons, instead of creepy morphing
>give characters voices, more voice clips to make it cute
>stylize fairies and painter into looking more like Kirby or Knuckle Joe so they aren't so jarring
>replace the weird versions of the music themes like VS Dedede or Invincibility with the real versions
>put a bandana on Waddle Dee and give him a spear so he can be an actual character, Bandana Dee
>make King Dedede look less weird, he should look more like he does on 3DS
>make the final boss less dreary, make it HYPE like Star Dream (02 is boring in the original...)
>make an epic fight where the possessed queen ripple fights you with infinite power
>add an arena mode where you can fight all the bosses
>add a TRUE arena with an epic showdown against 03 in the end
>>
Super Mario RPG for the 3DS. Yeah, I'm thinking with the 3D gimmick in mind, how cool it would look with 3d models, rotatable camera. I think it would have been a better idea for a remake than Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.
>>
File: Nightfire.jpg (86KB, 640x891px) Image search: [Google]
Nightfire.jpg
86KB, 640x891px
Best multiplayer console shooter experience I've ever had. The other maps besides Skyrail were too big to have fun with 2-3 other friends if you didn't have a couple bots, so better designed maps. More shotguns and weapons of different categories, there were way too many pistols.

would have to play the same style though, meaning no iron sights, same/similar UI+Menu. console shooters today dont feel as good to play as this one

plus the pc edition of this one was not nearly as good as gcn edition
>>
>>383555212
Who would even make it? Insomniac wouldn't want to/legally couldn't and Vicarious Visions don't know the first thing about how to make a Spyro game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.