[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On Final Fantasy and Storytelling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FFvZelda.png (121KB, 1298x650px) Image search: [Google]
FFvZelda.png
121KB, 1298x650px
I disagree wholly.

Without being hyperbolic, Final Fantasy games are for children who think they're ready to engross in mature storytelling. But what ultimately results is contrived storytelling. Final Fantasy games show all their cards. There's little to no room for interpretation or the developers intended no deeper reading because they're set pieces taken from other fiction. The ultimate symbol of good authorship is restraint and in this Zelda games have no equal. Zelda is a true product of its medium, only executable in game form. Even the whole hero saving princess archetype is a mark of restraint and deductive storytelling. Its a commentary on the Mandlebrot theorem that real life follows, in being fractal.

Final Fantasy can't even muster to correlate between two games unless it's a spin-off to a game that sold well. It's not even a series. It's a flagrant branding on the RPG genre, trying to monopolize it. Honestly I have more respect for Mario as a ensample of good story. You may make fun but one of the selling points of Mario is how good the overarching plot is. You, as a gamer, are immersed from the moment you touch the controller into this world where Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Daisy, Wario, Geno, and Captain Toad are somewhere out there. But it never relies on more than subtle nods to these characters and their separate undertakings. Why? Because "show don't tell" is a more powerful literary device than over-exposition like Sony series are so wont to use.
>>
>>383525756

You're so fucking stupid it hurts.
>>
>>383525756

Faggot.
>>
>>383526057
>>383526094
No bully only truthful words spoken here.
>>
Saving this pasta for later
>>
>>383526269

Faggot.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>383525756
>>
>>383525756
Zelda is childlike in most aspects and have some mature content, that is conveyed in an implied way.

Final Fantasy is mainly a mix of childlike and mature content but is often shown in a weird teenagy way.

So in short, Zelda is better.
>>
I do enjoy mario lore threads, but that's only because fans will always manage to make sense of a story devs clearly don't give a fuck about.
>>
>>383527389
It's clear that they did reboot the whole series with the ending of Galaxy so that they can no shoehorn Rosalina, and bees, and mechas at will. But it's still a tall claim to say they don't care. We wouldn't have so many questions about Odyssey's story if they didn't.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.