[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: raven.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
raven.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Previous thread got put in an early grave
>>
Couldn't buy this at launch since my gaming budget was nil, thinking of picking it up Friday since that's pay day
How far behind will I be compared to everyone else if the last Tekken I really played was 5
>>
>>383525625
Koreans and Japanese already played it for 2 years in arcade so everyone else is playing catch up anyway.
>>
File: Metroid Rebooted.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Rebooted.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
post customs
>>
File: King Phone.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
King Phone.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
Who is Best King and Why is it Triple H?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gps7zaZQ_ik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSR3sGINl30
>>
File: law.png (978KB, 861x1144px) Image search: [Google]
law.png
978KB, 861x1144px
How does one deal with this faggot? I'm reached the point where I consider just auto-declining anyone that plays him.
>>
File: DEHq4bhVoAAuxiK.jpg (124KB, 1024x734px) Image search: [Google]
DEHq4bhVoAAuxiK.jpg
124KB, 1024x734px
>>383526862
Is he going to Evo?
T7 has apparently made a lot of Asian players more interested in traveling for tournaments.
Both the Thai and Pinoy tournament last couple weeks had a lot of players from Japan and Korea.
>>
>>383527467
Learn better defense, they all spam the same handful of moves so you'll have to whittle him down with safe boring shit
>>
>>383526708

MUH
>>
>>383527930
I dunno, I'm sure they said somewhere on korean social media whether they're going or not, but I guess we won't know until Evo comes. I just hope there's some King players there besides Lil Majin.
>>
>>383525091
Not familiar with tekken 7 mechanics. How did the player teleport after being hit? Does that character have a stance/counter that does that? It looked like she was going for a jab.
>>
>>383528675
She has a stance/counter-move where if she gets hit during it she'll teleport up in the air, and can follow it up with a few options.
>>
>>383528675
She has like 3 moves where if you get hit during the first few frames of start up she teleports away like that.
>>
>>383528061
Not that anon but I'm too old and slow to react to him even though I know for a fact dragon tail is coming. His WATAAA comes out so damn fast.
>>
>>383525850
SFV has shown Asians dont stand a chance without headstarts
>>
>>383528061
>Learn better defense
How the fuck is Junkyard fair? Get hit by low? Get launcher. Guarded low and too slow with blocking mid? Launched. Guarded low transitioned to standing guard BUT he decided to do swipe variant? Get knocked down.
Parrying is the only valid punishment and this requires really good reaction time.
>>
>>383528460
I did a quick ctrl+f of the brackets.
He isn't there, but 9 other Koreans are and like 30 Japanese.
>>
>dat naked Eliza on Aris's stream just now
>>
>Still no idea who I want to play.

Thinking of trying Lars or Raven next.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (651KB, 1078x839px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
651KB, 1078x839px
>Yellow ranks with a 77% win rate

I love Hwoarang. No homo.
>>
>>383529886
Junkyard is easy to low parry, just take it into practice. Learn the timing on it, if a law player sees you getting hit by junkyard they will abuse it.
>>
File: heh, nothing personal.jpg (11KB, 490x57px) Image search: [Google]
heh, nothing personal.jpg
11KB, 490x57px
>asks for rematch and blocks you right after

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383532502
So it's a deliberate beginner's trap. Why even do it though? It's just a way to turn newbies off your game. Pros won't fall for it but the inexperienced will and just get frustrated and quit.
>>
>>383525091
>literally gets hit
>doesn't die

Great balance
>>
>>383532954
There's always uses for it, pretty much anything can be used as a "beginners trap" if your opponent has no knowledge on what ever move you're using, using what ever advantage the game offers and learning to counter others is part of getting good.
>>
How hard is it to get into Tekken compared to other fighting games?
>>
>>383533195
They've always been this way, you learn what's good, what's bad, and if you practice enough you find things to abuse or when and how to use them.
>>
>>383533679
difficult learning curve if you're looking to be good at it, but it's not bad if you're dedicated.
>>
>>383533679
3D fighters are generally on another level compared to 2D fighters. Tekken is fairly easy to get into but getting really good takes some dedication. Far more than something like street fighter, for example.
>>
File: tekken.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tekken.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Anyone play cross handed on stick?
>>
I love Tekken, but most of my opponents being jugglers and/or move spammers who either completely steamroll me or get their shit kicked in because they can't fight outside their shitty techniques is just off putting. I like good opponents, even when I lose.
>>
>>383534841
What character anon? I know the Lili/kazumi struggle of playing a poking fighter when you don't understand every character
>>
I watched the Hollywood Tekken movie a while back. I actually enjoyed it in a way - it's mostly the fights that were interesting.
The actress playing Christie was hot, which was also a point in its favor.
>>
>>383535194
On a scale from Dead or Alive to Mortal Kombat, how good was it?
>>
>>383534319
I knew a guy who played with a dualshock upside down and the buttons on the left
>>
>>383531251
Dang, well at least there's Lil Majin. He says he learned about a bunch of tech that was new to him after CEO so his play should be intriguing.
>>
>>383534319
S-Kill's long lost brother?

I started playing crosshanded as a kid because my left side was so weak.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.