[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is video game programming so freaking hard to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: shutterstock-programming.jpg (1012KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock-programming.jpg
1012KB, 3888x2592px
Why is video game programming so freaking hard to learn?
>>
>>383522963
Cuz you're stupid.
>>
>>383522963
Math.
>>
its not hard. physics is easy. collision is easy.
graphics is hard. im working on an engine.
>>
>>383523041
I guess you're right.
>>
Because you headdove into it thinking it would not require learning nor work. Also because you are a faggot.
>>
It is a proficiency, what were you expecting?

There are game engines like unity. Try them if lower level tools are hard for you
>>
>>383522963
Because you probably never had taken college courses and just jumped straight into it.
>>
>>383522963

I feel your pain anon. I struggle with GameMaker. Maybe its cos I don't practise enough.
>>
>>383523126
>it's not hard, it's hard
>>
File: 1484705479033.jpg (117KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
1484705479033.jpg
117KB, 720x717px
>tfw starting 500 level Machine Learning class tomorrow
Help
>>
>>383523126
Only if you're good with maths, I'm way too much of a creative person to keep track of logical thinking
>>
>>383522963
because autism lol
>>
>>383522963
Download UE4 and learn Blueprints. It's the easiest way to learn how to make games.
>>
File: Flustered.jpg (66KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
Flustered.jpg
66KB, 276x277px
>>383522963
Because you are diving straight into the deep end. Do you have any experience with programming before hand? It's probably a lot easier to get familiar with the language and/or program you are using, making programs that execute basic tasks.

I did this kind of thing in high school, and have a very basic grasp on coding as a whole, and I have thought about trying to get into making games a couple of times, and with such a small understanding of code, it is a very daunting task.

Another thing to remember is to start with (all the) small things, recreating other games like pong and stuff before attempting your own ideas.
>>
>>383522963
You aren't using the right tools, idiot.
>>
>>383522963
If you're trying to learn from clips of cop shows and stock images like that one, of course it's going to be hard.
>>
because you're a stupid millenial brought up in the era of instant gratification trying to do something that requires actual skill and effort
>>
>>383523126
>implying any modern devs have to worry about any of those things

It's all built into the engine.
>>
>>383523420
Prepare for hell.

I took my C in that class and was done with it.

But dont worry if you dont do awesome at it. Im 7 years into a good career. Youll be fine.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.