[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a good antagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: sjsk.jpg (134KB, 856x1045px) Image search: [Google]
sjsk.jpg
134KB, 856x1045px
Was he a good antagonist?
>>
>>383514575
Yes.
>>
>>383514575
the greatest
>>
>>383514575
Probably best Witcher antagonist so far. Second probably being Azar Javed or Letho.
Unlike Memedin, he was there the whole time, you felt his presence and influence. And everytime he appeared you could feel he had some hidden goal or hid some truth about the whole situation.
>>
Only time a vidya character actually gave me the creeps. Bloody kids singing that song.
>>
the more important question is, who was in the right?
>>
>>383516520
> Azar Javed
> good villan

bitch please i loved W1 but that's bullshit
>>
File: Disgruntled in the Shadows.png (349KB, 757x632px) Image search: [Google]
Disgruntled in the Shadows.png
349KB, 757x632px
>>383517563
>making a faustian deal

literally no one who deals with "the devil" is ever in the right.

The marvel of what CDPR did is by making you root against O'Dimm when all he realy does is serve people justice
>>
>>383517563
Obvious O'dimm

Olgierd was a degenerate who let his wife die and killed her father and his own brother for his own self interests. O'dimm just gave him what he deserved
>>
>>383517563
In the right? As if i'm ever going to cross a non destructible evil entity with enormous powers. Brb turning olgierd into dust
>>
I like him a lot.
I feel they missed a big opportunity for moral ambiguity by making Olgierd's wish responsible for his amorality though, whether or not to save a fuckhead from eternal suffering (or so I assume) would've been a lot more compelling as a choice if Olgierd was a fuckhead of his own volition.
>>
Also
> being that stupid to ask for a reward, when it was you who had a debt to repay
>>
>>383518021
> asking for a reward

geralt didn't ask shit gaunter offered a reward for fulfilling his contract
>>
>>383518021
are you talking about the reward at the end for siding with O'dimm?

im pretty sure he offered you a bonus for helping him, but youre right, as much as the Horn of Plenty is convinient dealing with literal demons is a bad idea
>>
>>383517807
To be fair the only shit that was legit evil on Olgierd's part was sacrificing his brother, everything after can be traced back to O'Dimm turning his heart to stone.
>>
>>383514575
I'm sick of people saying "oh this guy was amazing, oh so cool! Great character, SOOO much depth!!!!" Fuck off. You can hardly ever see him.
>>
>>383518194
> Getting something for free from O'dimm.

Did you pay any attention to how he works at all?
>>
>>383518403
In Geralt's case it seems to be different since O'Dimm legitimately considers him useful and wants to keep him around for future help.
It's not a good idea but as long as there's no contract involved that states O'Dimm can claim something from Geralt it's probably the safest deal you can get from him.
>>
>>383517563
OLGIERD DID NOTHING WRONG

Memes aside, he did plenty wrong but he's only human. I saved him, because it's a witcher's job and i felt sorry for him
>>
>>383518403
you didn't pay attention to how gaunter works dumbass, geralt had a contract with gaunter that says gaunter rescues him from the ship and he has to fill an assignment for it. geralt didn't bargain for any reward so he owes gaunter nothing for taking one. even a slimey fuck like gaunter can't hold it against him
>>
>>383517563
Olgierd came to Gaunter, not the other way around
saving him in the end will ensure he will never learn his lessons
>>
>>383518276
He summoned O'dimm himself because he wasn't happy with him life despite having it good.

Sure O'dimm twisted his wish but it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't selfish to begin with.

Also look at it form geralts perspective.

>he sends you to kill a monster who he knows is a price
>he gets Geralt also executed
>he gives Geralt nearly impossible tasks to achieve
>he doesn't help Geralt at all

Meanwhile O'dimm
>tells Geralt where yen is
>saves Geralt from being executed
>protect Geralt from the ghost
>hooks Geralt up with shani
>gives Geralt a reward of his choice despite not owning him anything

It's pretty clear what side is right
>>
>>383518975
Prince and Almost
>>
>>383514575
Still is.

Loved the way he was so evil that he was unbeatable and he knew it. Even if Geralt didn't like him, he had a very healthy respect for him and that was reciprocated by Gaunter.
>>
>>383518939
>to Gaunter, not the other way around
>saving him in the end will ensure

I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson anon.
>>
>>383518975
>hooks Geralt up with shani
Ok, im o'dim actually looks like best bro.
>>
>>383519269
Doesn't matter, he destroyed everything behind him.

Best option would to have just let him die
>>
>>383518975
>he gives Geralt nearly impossible tasks to achieve
the tasks where given to gaunter becaude olgeird didn't want to have his soul taken so he set up insane tasks that no normal human would think are possible to achieve. and these tasks can't be done by gaunter himself it must be through a proxy (gaunter used lawyer tactics and said there was no condition stopping him from assisting the proxy and that's the only reason why geralt managed to do it)

>he doesn't help Geralt at all
he has no desire to have his fucking soul taken

Meanwhile O'dimm

>saves Geralt from being executed
as part of a contract not out of the generosity of the heart
>protect Geralt from the ghost
geralt didn't need any protection from the ghost gaunter tortured

the rest of the shit you wrote is correct but you are still a fucking moron and gaunter o'dim (practically if not outright the devil) is not a good creature
>>
>>383518975
>siding with demons who play on the hopes and fears of humans

disgusting, absolutely disgusting
>>
>>383514575
I don't know why people wet themselves over HoS; Olgierd and Gaunter are uninteresting in equal measure
>>
>>383516520
>he was there the whole time

Literally.
He was hidden in the background all the time, always watching you.

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-riddle-that-players-couldn-t-quite-solve-1747185043
>>
>>383517563
I really had to think about whether or not to save this dipshit and let him off the hook. Basically everything was his own fault and so many were hurt because of it.

Good thing for him I wanted that Viper blade.
>>
>>383518626
>>383518721
He describes two of the four actual rewards, not counting ciri's where abouts, as a wish. When bargaining with a crossroads demon, if you don't offer anything, the price is always your soul.

You guys could be right, i would just never take the chance.
>>
>>383519902
unlike Naruto Shitpuden villains, soo deep
>>
>>383519512
Geralt life is worth more than Olgierd, it's Olgierd who got Geralt into this situation in the first place.

O'dimm was the only way Geralt had out and he took it. If Geralt wasn't able to accomplish his tasks then o'dimm would have took Geralt soul.

So in turn its Olgierd fault.

Also Geralt had no way of stopping the ghost form taking over his body, O'dimm did help him.
>>
>>383519672
It's Olgierd fault, that's all that matters

You seem to forget that he SOLD his soul to the devil
>>
File: well memed.png (26KB, 446x395px) Image search: [Google]
well memed.png
26KB, 446x395px
>>383520143
well memed friend
>>
>>383514575
He's not inherently an antagonist, Olgierd is the antagonist. Olgierd is the one who sets you up to fail at every turn knowing full well you could die or worse. Gaunter uses you as a pawn for sure, but not in a sinister way, he sets you up to succeed. You fucking him over in the end is simply your choice on how to resolve your issues with the antagonist Olgierd, in which you're forgiving him.

Gaunter literally did nothing wrong, other than taking the course of inaction and letting Olgierd fuck with you.
>>
>>383520278
He twisted the wish. He preys on hopes so he can claim souls.

Gaunter is a monster, end of story. He has to die. Witchers honour.
>>
>>383518372
Son, he's in the background of almost every quest cutscene watching you in some way.
>>
>>383520448
thanks
see you next Naruto con
>>
>>383520083
> You guys could be right, i would just never take the chance.

neither would i in a real life situation, i just didn't side with this fucker to begin with

>>383520187
> Geralt life is worth more than Olgierd, it's Olgierd who got Geralt into this situation in the first place.
true

> O'dimm was the only way Geralt had out and he took it. If Geralt wasn't able to accomplish his tasks then o'dimm would have took Geralt soul.

o'dimm most likely wouldn't take geralt's soul if there is no binding contract between them i doubt he could even do it, there has to be a reason why he bothers to makes contracts. geralt would've most likely been executed

olgeird was a piss of shit but a witcher should fight evil creatures. you're not doing it for him you are doing it to be against gaunter
>>
>>383520528
Gaunter pushed a spoon through a guy's eyeball for unknowingly interrupting him. Monsters need to be culled.
>>
>>383514575
yes

he made the hearts of stone story better than the main story
>>
>>383520663
Still doesn't make him Geralt's antagonist, it simply makes him a monster who should be killed but can't because he's the space devil.
>>
>>383520719
wasnt that hard
it was all downhill after the Bloody Baron questline
its then all about:
>facing the Wild Hunt, but not really
>facing the Wild Hunt, but seriously this time
>>
File: gerald from bolivia.png (2MB, 1005x833px) Image search: [Google]
gerald from bolivia.png
2MB, 1005x833px
>>383520719
>tfw both DLCs are better than the base game

If only they'd had the time to actually make Skellige good.
>>
>>383521083
people only shit on the wild hunt because eredin was underwhelming, for most of the game they are fine
>>
Doesn't one of books you find in the professors house describe him as 'evil incarnated' but also as 'part of the universe'? Or even blatantly calls him a necessity? I forgot.
>>
>>383521083
No it was about going to the islands of NotNordia, and watching Witches get what they deserve in the biggest shithole in the world. Then a detour to "lands that would be cool to explore but you never will." The wildhunt shit was actually rather brief pleasantly.
>>
>>383521186

Yeah, hopefully 2077 will be more consistent in quality.

Which it should, they are literally drowning in money, they don't have to rush anything.
>>
>>383517563
The more important question is, what would Geralt do? I haven't read the books, I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>383523013
He would have helped him, because he doesn't suffer monsters that harm humans. Gaunter was obviously feeding off peoples souls in the end, even if he was temporarily making their wishes come true.
>>
>>383523013

He doesn't really let anything supernatural live if it harms humans.
>>
>>383523186
I just assumed that Gaunter was a transcendental entity rather than a monster from the conjunction.
>>
>>383523640
Nah, he is 100% a Conjunction beast.
>>
>>383523640
i haven't read the books but i doubt geralt is that philosophical
>>
>>383523013
Geralt is the biggest white knight in this universe
>>
>>383517807
>Olgierd was a degenerate who let his wife die and killed her father and his own brother for his own self interests. O'dimm just gave him what he deserved

Confirmed for not playing the game. What Olgierd did was result of O'Dimms trick. He made him feel absolutely fucking nothing, Olgierd was absolutely apathic, he was not himself. All the stupid shit he did later (like burning down a house for fun) was to make him feel "something" but he couldn't because he had a Heart of Stone (bravo CDProjekt)
>>
>>383523710
That and more.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.