[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im about to get this, but i havent played a single Dragon age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg (56KB, 288x344px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg
56KB, 288x344px
Im about to get this, but i havent played a single Dragon age game before. can you help me out ?

>how deep is the lore
>do i absolutely MUST play previous games in order to enjoy inq
>how is the magic system ? i love spellcasting
>general quality of the game

i dont trust reviewers and dont want to sit trough a 30 minute video
>>
dont play melee classes

play something else
>>
>>383514120
>>how deep is the lore

there's some great lore if you care about the deities of the world.

>>do i absolutely MUST play previous games in order to enjoy inq

none of the games in the series have anything to do with each other. you don't even need to know what the blight is, all you need to know really is that mages and templars have been fighting.

>>how is the magic system ? i love spellcasting

>>general quality of the game
most people think it's shit(most people on here, the reviews were extremely positive) but I personally really liked it

it depends on how much you like dragon age gameplay (it's spammy, lots of HP sponges and there's no player skill, however it's not as slow and boring as DA1, while not being as tactical)

it also depends on how much you like open worlds, if you don't like doing sidequests and 700 million years of content you'll hate this game. if you want to rush the main story then be done with the game you'll hate it

>i dont trust reviewers and dont want to sit trough a 30 minute video

if you don't trust reviewers, find a good one, if you don't like long reviews, find a short one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFG1PkeHK84
>>
>>383514574
thanks. i was kinda hoping to get more info on spells.
>>
I bought the game like 2 years ago, never got around to finish it.

The game is definitely not bad, but the combat after 20ish hours just got much too boring. It felt like things took way to long to kill.
Side quests were also not very interesting.

Maps are great though, as well as graphics.

I never played a previous DA game
>>
>>383514882
I honestly forgot to do that part but desu I have no idea what the spells are like I only ever played rogue and I haven't played the game since like 2015
>>
>>383514120
Play Origins, it's much better.

>>383515135
Because it's fucking shit. It's like an MMO system but worse, since you actually have to do every single sidequest to proceed with the story. And they're all terrible like "find this thing here" "go kill x monsters". What a bore.
>>
don't get this. only game worth getting in the dragon age series is dragon age origins.
>>
>>383514574
nigga what the fuck happened with your spacing here
>>
Singleplayer MMO. Inquisition is not bad tho, it just very very very grindy and not in a good way. Origins with all the DLC is much better .
Dragon Age 2 doesn't exist.
>>
The first game has the most lore about everything. DA2 and Inquisition just shit it up. Get Origins instead, seriously.
>>
>>383515431
I used to have a habit of writing posts like essays making them into unreadable walls of text, so I got used to averting that
>>
File: IMG_0190.png (145KB, 310x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0190.png
145KB, 310x357px
>>383514120
>do i absolutely MUST play previous games in order to enjoy inq
*absolutely have to play*
You don't HAVE to play anything but I'll tell you this. You won't enjoy dragon age inquisition in any scenario.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.