[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite dragon quest game I tried VIII and got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1487259115951.gif (27KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487259115951.gif
27KB, 550x400px
What is your favorite dragon quest game
I tried VIII and got bored of it 40 hours in and want to try another one and see if I like it but everyone says VIII is the best one
>>
>>383513919
V is pretty good, but I doubt you'll like the rest of the series since they all play pretty much the same.
>>
>>383513919
I love 8, but if you got bored 40 hours in, then you might want to try any DQ before 7, since they can each be beaten in about 40 hours or less. Well 1 and 2 are a lot shorter than that,but 3-6 are about 40 hours each from what I remember.
>>
>>383513919
IX will get you the most bang for your buck and is dirt cheap at this point, but good luck getting the free DLC.
Assuming you don't use an emulator, that is.
>>
>>383513919
People only say 8 is the best one because its the only DQ most people played. Don't get me wrong, it is great but its just not as good as 3, 4 and 5 imo. Specially 3.
5 is the one the actual old DQ community likes the most. 9 is great too if you only care about gameplay and content.
>>
>>383513919
For story, 5 so far. No questions asked. Only issue I have is that the NTR fetishists decided to shit up DQ 5 hentai for Bianca.

All detours aside, after that, it's 7 and 8, 4, 6, and then 9 because it feels lacking compared to the others. Doesn't help that it really screams bare bones MMO.

Gameplay wise, it's 9, 8 and 7, 5, 6, 4.
>>
>>383513919
I really liked 4. It's pretty short compared to the later ones and I really dug how you followed four different stories that came together at the end to fight the big baddy.
>>
>>383513919
Try III or IV. VIII is the best in terms of having an actual plot outside "grind so you don't die until you beat a boss so you can go someplace else to grind", but either of those other games might interest you more
>>
I like VII.
>>
It's funny how many people started praising VII after it was remade for the 3ds. It really was an underrated gem.
Now if only they remade III in the same way...
>>
VIII is my favourite, but it's pretty damn long so I can see why people would get bored of it. It's a tough one to replay.
V is fun but it didn't click so much with me. Monster catching elements are good though, I think I'll replay it. It's got nice characters too.
IV is one of my favorites, the DS remake has a pretty terribad english translation though, and the NES version has some fucking weird mechanics. If English is not your mother tongue, try to get DQ4 in that language for a better experience.
>>
>>383513919
I've never heard of someone that made it halfway through VIII and then dropped it cause he got bored

If someone doesn't like it they almost always drop it somewhere before getting Angelo
>>
I never played any Dragon Quest games but VII. Igot to the final boss and lost. I turned it off and was going to grind a little but to beat the boss. Then my PS2 broke and I never finished the game.

But VII was great, it reminded me of old Final Fantasy games. As a huge fan of DBZ, I also like the character designs
>>
Dragon Quest Builders
I hated Minecraft but something about DQB made it feel really addicting.
>>
>>383513919
VIII is baby's first DQ. It is easier and overall simplified compared to the already pretty simple previous entry. If you're already familar with jrpgs it'll be boring.

DQIII is a phenomenal game though, play the super famicom remale with the fan translation. Many of the other DQ games instead feel like simple but refined jrpgs.
>>383515056
III on sfc is great though. Happy to see VII get more love though, my personal favorite of the series.
>>
>>383513919
VIII
I played Heroes a few months ago and I loved it.
>>
>>383517053
Yeah I know III is great, but not many people played it. So most just recommend anything above IV or, because they didn't play anything else, they recommend VIII.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.