[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (142KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 600x846px
>>
>>383510139
>wrong

It's more focused on a linier story experience, with the removal of the core overworld. In exchange, the level design is very tight, the game has an intended experience. The con is that there's very little player freedom.

It's good or bad depending on your perspective. It's one of my favorite zelda titles because of it. The setpieces and level design is quite nice.
>>
your mental illness and your god awful baits
>>
The metacritic average looks pretty good. Doesn't seem like anything went wrong.
>>
Nothing
>>
>>383510139
Motion controls that produced incredibly shallow combat.
>>
>>383510139
Don't know, you tell me
>>
Everything
>>
>>383510139
Extremely formulaic, took the worse parts of previous games and shoved them all into one, terrible "world", barely any memorable NPCs.
>>
too much talking. bad enemy variety. really forced narrative. Mandatory side quests. talking. talking. stamina gauge sucked.
>>
The handholding, I don't need a full explanation of how boss keys work in the fourth fucking dungeon.
>>
I liked it, but it's certainly not perfect. Too much filler, especially the tadpoles and stupid robot fetch quest shit.
I can't even explain myself why I dropped the game halfway through around release, and had to force myself to finish it just this year. And yet I had no problems spending 120 hours in Breath of the Wild, and I can't even explain the actual attraction to the game.
>>
>>383510139
everything except the music
>>
>>383510139
OP being a faggot.
>>
>>383512875
The music was mostly good, but this one was kind of shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7yefCnJmKk
But the stealth version of it is pretty good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc2fOvO9E_c
>>
>>383510139
>le funny bait XD answer
Nothing
>real answer
Miyamoto
>>
>>383510417

FPBP, though it could easily be argued that Zelda wasn't the right series to take on such an approach. I'll take it over being TOO open, though. In that light, it's better than BotW.
>>
>>383510417
THERE IS NO STORY!!! NOT ONE WORTH TALKING ABOUT ANYWAY!!!
>>
File: 1498888084651.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1498888084651.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
>>383513172
nah. SS crap is never acceptable.
>>
>>383513506
I wonder how people spent so much time talking about OoT in the 90s on the internet.
>>
It's a 7/10 for me, which isn't bad on my rating system. For comparison, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, and Link's Awakening are 8/10 and Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past and Breath of the Wild are 9/10.
There's too much of this shit in Skyward Sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAzRburaJM
This is just my subjective opinion, but fetch quests in a linear game where absolutely nothing changes as you backtrack are complete shit to me. For some reason it doesn't bother me as much in open ended games because I can just go grab it my own way instead of just following Fi's tracker to exactly where it is through a level I'm already bored of.
>>
File: sb383.jpg (164KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
sb383.jpg
164KB, 599x900px
They made Skyrim for babies instead of a Zelda game.

/thread
>>
>>383514564

Are we talking about SS or BotW?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.