[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me this, captain. If the federation is so great, then why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

File: a.png (139KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
139KB, 320x240px
Tell me this, captain. If the federation is so great, then why are there no good Star Trek games?
>>
File: Fed Map.jpg (2MB, 4486x2596px) Image search: [Google]
Fed Map.jpg
2MB, 4486x2596px
The Patriarchy is responsible
>>
Fuck off Dukat, we have this thread every fucking day and you're so full of shit because there's lots of good ST games you wormhole alien cocksleeve
>>
>>383510027
>What is Star Trek Armada 2
>>
Can we all agree that Sisko is the best captain?
>>
File: shutup.png (2MB, 996x1100px) Image search: [Google]
shutup.png
2MB, 996x1100px
>>
File: Quark.jpg (18KB, 350x330px) Image search: [Google]
Quark.jpg
18KB, 350x330px
Good Star Trek games are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
>>
>>383512367
No but Dukat is the best villain
>>
>>383510027
What about Star Trek makes you sit up and say "oh hey, this would make a great videogame!"

Oh, right, it's nothing. There's minimal action, no "cool" tech or weapons to speak of, and the resolution generally comes because the baddies get outsmarted or the goodies just get lucky. The best possible treatment would probably be a KotOR-style RPG or maybe a space-exploration game like what No Man's Sky promised it was going to be. And both of those game types are thin on the ground.
>>
File: tng_adventuregame.jpg (189KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
tng_adventuregame.jpg
189KB, 1000x625px
>>383512563
Judgement Rites too.

Somebody please make a new comfy Star Trek point and click adventure game!
>>
Star Trek is really boring compared to Star Wars
>>
File: Thanks Spock.jpg (319KB, 640x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Spock.jpg
319KB, 640x1197px
>>383513304
And yet people kept making Star Trek games
>>
File: 1499421458493.gif (3MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499421458493.gif
3MB, 480x480px
>>383510027

>Armada 1&2
>Elite Force
>Birth of the Federation
>Bridge Commander
>Not great games
>>
>>383510027
There was a really good commandos clone that everyone forgot about. Bridge Command was okay and basically the only way to make single player Star Trek game work, but nobody ever expanded on the idea. STO is quite fun for what it is, but p2w is strong with it, can turn a lot of people off, that and very lacking ground combat part.
>>
>>383514023
>tfw Stargate is dead
>never got decent vidya
>never got a XCOM-style game with base building, equipment upgrading, planet scouting and tactical combat and shit
Why even live
>>
>>383514256
>equipment upgrading
That never really happened on the show, though. All the reverse engineered technology went to everyone but the SG Teams
>>
> bridge commander was bad
nigga
>>
File: IMG_6139.jpg (511KB, 1024x1236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6139.jpg
511KB, 1024x1236px
>>383510027
Though, I woulnd't expect a Cardassian to know the difference between chocolate and shit.
>>
>>383513304
>Look at me, I have neither watched Star Trek nor have played any of the games in my life!
>>
Klingon Academy motherfucker.
>>
File: 1499708162283.jpg (91KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
1499708162283.jpg
91KB, 694x530px
>Computer, create a program about the early 21st century forum called 4chan
>then make another Star Trek thread with the "Tell me, captain..." meme OP
>run calculated responses, including but not limited to "Sisko is best captain", "big eared Space Jews", "Dukat did nothing wrong", "Janeway=WAR CRIMINAL" and "Wesley is best/worst boi"
>include an ad hominem argument modifier, as well as "my taste trumps your taste "
>disengage safety protocols
>run program
>>
File: batman 7.png (276KB, 820x637px) Image search: [Google]
batman 7.png
276KB, 820x637px
>>383515883
>>
File: Без названия (2).jpg (6KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
Без названия (2).jpg
6KB, 257x196px
>>383512367
>Sisko is the best captain
No, Picard is
>>
>>383516226
>Captain, we need you to wipe out the Borg
>You know, the all consuming parasites that can't be reasoned with
>NO! I will not commit genocide on a hivemind whose only goal is to conquer all biological species it considers worthy and I know to be interested in assimilating humanity

And then a lot of people lost their lives to a preventable Borg invasion
>>
File: picard.jpg (74KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
74KB, 400x303px
>>383516792
To be fair, he did later change his mind.
>>
>>383517467
I'm sure all the new drones appreciated that
>>
File: 1497032125582.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
1497032125582.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>383516792
It's the "touch these wires together and the Daleks are no more" argument.

Yes, they could utilize an available means to wipe out a massive threat to themselves, but then they would be the exact same as the enemy they wanted to defeat (purposefully denying a full fledged species it's right to exist). The crux of the argument being that no one man, species or organization has the right to decide the fate of another.

The Borg have no right to forcefully assimilate entire species, but vice versa the Federation has no right to deny the Borg's given right to perpetuate thier existence
>>
TNG sucks
>>
>>383518278
And on the other end of the argument, by saying you don't have the right to stop them, you're also saying you refuse to help those other species the Borg are currently in conflict with

You have the ability to save many, many species at the cost of one but you're elevating the right of the one species to exist above and over the others. And just to make it worse, you know full well that the one species will eventually come into conflict with your own, forcing you to fight and die to extremes in the name of self preservation because this is an enemy that will not stop until one side is defeated.

Principles are good. But sometimes it's better to draw a line and let a few people betray them to save countless lives
>>
>>383512367
I think we can all agree that O'Brien is best Engineer.
>>
>>383519068
well you could also say that about the situation in star trek insurrection the particles could have helped many at the cost of a few but at what point does it become wrong to decide the fate of a people 1000 , 1,000,000
>>
>>383519339
There's a difference between taking something by force and stepping up to prevent the deaths of millions
>>
>>383518680
so does your mum m8
>>
>>383519690
the particles could have prevented millions of deaths and more if they found a way to synthesize it
>>
>>383519068
>you're elevating the right of the one species to exist above and over the others
On the contrary, by initially wanting to genocide the Borg they were saying the Borg have less right to exist than anyone else. And at the time it made sense because they thought the Borg was just a hiveminded collective, but once Hugh became a benign individual it was clear that the Borg were a species like any other, that it was possible albeit difficult to establish peaceful relations, and that they had just as much right to exist as anyone else. The Federation did not genocide the Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians or anyone else they were at war with just because they were enemies. And given how expansive the Borg are, you can't use "better to kill one to save many" because each Borg drone is an individual, as proven by Hugh (and other free Borg later on).
>>
>>383515883
>disengage safety protocols
this seems dangerous
>>
>>383522714
Come on, it's /v/! Whats the worst that could happen?
>>
>>383522045
The Borg Collective, the thing everyone is scared of, is a hivemind that can't be reasoned with.

That it's made up of individuals forced into bionic slavery doesn't change that. In fact, freeing the drones from the Collective is on par with simply killing them. You're still destroying the Borg Collective, you're just doing it in a way that seems more reasonable because it results in the freedom of its thralls.

All the other species the Federation has gone to war with are free willed sapients like themselves. They can be talked to, bargained and reasoned with, they suffer their losses, their morale drops over the length of any conflict. The Collective does not have these attributes. It's a singular mind spread across many bodies with a singular purpose, which will inevitably bring it into conflict with every species it encounters. Whether you kill all the drones, disable the hivemind or alter its priorities beyond recognition, the Collective is always going to be the enemy. The galaxy will only be safe when it ceases to exist.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.