[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Demons Souls was the only good Souls game because it didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: demons souls.jpg (118KB, 520x598px) Image search: [Google]
demons souls.jpg
118KB, 520x598px
>Demons Souls was the only good Souls game because it didn't just rehash the same shit

You know, I agree with that.
>>
>>383508118
Why should "rehashing" the same concept automatically result in a bad game? Then why play Halo 2, if you've played Halo CE. Why play Half life 2, when there is Half Life 1 and so on. Silly anon.
>>
>>383508118

More than anything this is just telling us your first souls game will probably end up being your best experience with a souls game, because so much of the game is coming to grips with a very obtuse system of mechanics and design choices.
>>
>>383508118
>The first game in the series is the best because it was the first
Absolutely stellar logic
>>
>>383509905
That's not true if the sequels improve upon on the formula or fix previous flaws.

Problem with the Souls series is that they don't fix shit.
>>
>>383508118

Apart from 2 world and a half (and you know which ones), Demon's Souls is the worst of all Soulsborne games. Farming crap as its finest.
>>
>>383508118
DeS is great but its too easy, and no one summons anymore.

and by easy I mean I made a left handed character and still wrecked everything.
>>
>>383508416
because 92% of time it's the same thing with slight alterations that are only for the worse
this usually happens even when the gameplay is improved
>>
>>383510496
why would left handed character be worse?
>>
>>383508118
Yeah nah. There's an acceptable amount of rehashing, as long as its accompanied by new content.
Nobody thinks Dark Souls is a shit game just because there's an enemy in the Painted World that acts like Phalanx from DeS. Because 90% of its content is original.
It only becomes an issue in DaS3, where almost everything is a rehash and there's nothing original. 2/3rds of the bosses are imitation Artorias, 90% of the armour and weapons are recycled, most of the new spells from DaS2 are removed etc.

>>383510241
Yes they did, they fixed tons of things. Just not the camera controls. And then DaS3 actively un-fixed a lot of things because muh DaS1 nostalgia

>>383510324
>Farming crap as its finest.
Even on my first playthrough I never had to farm. Going through each level once leaves you more than powerful enough to beat the game. Maybe you just suck.
>>
>>383510646
have you ever played a souls game before or are you stupid?

you can't shield without dual wielding your shield thats in your right hand, you can't riposte because no right hand weapon, etc
>>
>>383509185
It's only obtuse if you never bother to learn and adapt to it. How it becomes second nature after doing so completely negates your impotent lash out of a post.
>>
>>383510753
Souls gameplay stopped improving after DaS1. They just started adding features and changing systems with DaS2 without thinking whether or not it actually improved anything.
The reason they went more in previous style was because DaS2 was met with enough criticism over it.
>>
>>383510753
>Going through each level once leaves you more than powerful enough to beat the game.

That is technically true considering how many speed run are out there, but you are a big fat liar if you tell me you have ever done that,
>>
>>383511213
This is true. DaS/DeS require more adapting to than DaS2 and 3 but they're also more fun to play in the long run.
>>
Anyone else had more trouble with this than Dark souls (which was my first souls game)? Flamelurker in particular got me stuck for more time than I dare to admit.
>>
>>383511593
I only beat Flamelurker because he got glitched and stood in place and Allant has to be considered a challenge too. The levels are longer/shortcuts are farther apart than in the trilogy as well imo.
>>
>Yearly, or near yearly releases of COD
>"Rehash! Dudebro shit! Boo!"

>Year, or near yearly rehashes of Souls games
>"Git gud! GOTYAY! Yay!"

Are COD and Souls games two sides of the same coin?
>>
>>383511219
>adding features and changing systems with DaS2 without thinking
>magic that scales smoothly rather than massive plateaus
>more than 1 viable roll speed
>able to infuse/buff boss and unique weapons
>access to a weapons full moveset in LH
>parrying when 2H
>powerstancing
>balanced poise
>ascetics
>respeccing
>netcode that actually works
>a ton of other shit that I can't be bothered to type out
DaS2 had a ton of gameplay improvements. It got rightly criticized for its downgraded visuals, world design and story. DaS3 rolled back a lot of good features for no good reason, while simultaneously bringing nothing new to the table. Weapon arts don't count, DaS2 and BB both had special attacks on L2 and they didn't cost fucking mana.
>>
File: arms.jpg (21KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
arms.jpg
21KB, 300x390px
>>383511593
level 4 used to screw me up cause I prefer dual wielding to using shields and those rolling skelles fuck your day.

pic related is stupid hard with certain builds aswell, trip over rune, speared, dead.

nothing major though, I did a NG+ run in one sitting.
>>
File: fool_s_idol_by_selann-d9s6r2u.jpg (148KB, 710x1126px) Image search: [Google]
fool_s_idol_by_selann-d9s6r2u.jpg
148KB, 710x1126px
>>383511959
best INT projectile boss, pinwheel and crystal sages were scrubs in comparison
>>
>>383511929
>magic is less powerful which leads to more level stacking
>everyone fastrolls instead of fast and midrolling
>more builds use same weapons
>single weapon
>
>
>
>pvp is now first hit vs HA
>
>
>client-side hit detection
>
not even a half of these are improvements, just changes like I said
greatweapons rule in PvE and suck in PvP unless you get lucky, backstabs are still broken just less abuseable, rolling attacks are stiff just like turning in place is for no reason and I'm not yet even giving the game shit for its technical problems or world and level design.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.