[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most corny and/or cliche JRPG (or any other genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: eternal_sonata_ps3.jpg (1MB, 1000x1155px) Image search: [Google]
eternal_sonata_ps3.jpg
1MB, 1000x1155px
What is the most corny and/or cliche JRPG (or any other genre you play) youve ever played? Pic related for me.
>>
File: Arc.png (3MB, 1920x1080px)
Arc.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>383504760
Arc Rise Fantasia is 100% generic JRPG, if it wasn't for the GOAT boss battles and the QUALITY English dub nobody would have remembered it
>>
Man, the original release of this on the xbox sucked. They barely had cutscenes, you'd beat that kid who was the final boss or before the final boss, and nothing would be shown. The ps3 version really improved it a lot, they should've patched these fixes in to the xbox version.

Was still a lengthy and fun game otherwise with a nice world. I hated Magna Carta 2 more than this one surprisingly.
>>
>>383504905
Honestly the only thing I remember about it is the overworld. Everything else about it was incredibly forgettable, but the world map is honestly one of the best ones I've ever seen.
>>
>>383504905

I remember this actually being really damn decent aside from the dub, but I never finished it for some reason.

Also thought it was maximum lazy that there were "costumes" but they only changes the characters portrait and not their in-game model. Like what was even the point.
>>
>>383504760
Literally any Fire Emblem game. Can't stand the stories in that series. Love the gameplay though
>>
Anyone else play this? The intro was so promising and then it's just the most boring shit ever. As a fan of Studio Ghibli I am STILL mad
>>
>>383504760
>going through the fucked up anime mind of an autistic composer while he's on his deathbed
>cliche
lel
>>
>>383504760

Tales of Hearts R, it was the hardest 7/10 JRPG I've ever played. Finished the whole thing too

Also I'd say Lunar for something older. I really don't see why that series was so appealing to so many people who like RPGs from the time. Its so by the books it hurts. Maybe 2 is better but I've only played the first
>>
>>383505706
>given the choice to go back and live a few years in the hospital as a invalid or stay and be the anime prince you always wanted to be
>he picks the latter
living the dream
>>
>>383505720

Silver Star Story is pretty medioce yeah, but Eternal Blue is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. It does some neat things and has a ton of content. Its epilogue is probably one of my favorite things ever that I haven't seen done much in other RPGs. After you beat the game the story still keeps going and there's several more bonus dungeons and bosses that unlock and you can get a secret ending that expands on the normal ending. One of the coolest things is that almost every piece of NPC dialogue has changed to reflect the events that happened all throughout the game and you get the see the fruit of your efforts now that the big bad is gone with some towns being rebuilt again and other changes that happened as a result.
>>
>>383504760
I just ordered this for my 360. Price was only 4$. Is it good?
>>
>>383505706
>going through the fucked up anime mind of an autistic composer while he's on his deathbed

Yeah, now try applying that premise to the stupidiest story ever written for a RPG and BAM, Eternal Sonata.
>>
>>383505465
I know they're generic. But that simple war story of their kingdom being overrun and fighting the evil dragon is my favorite part of fire emblem.
At least it's not the shit that FE:Fates was.
>>
>>383505571
Ow fuck, I was just about to start this actually.
I played through the very beginning, MC's mom died.

It just gets worse from there?
>>
>>383507628
not the guy you replied to, but it just gets pretty repetitive. Personally I thought the combat was fun and the main story was ok enough to keep me invested (also GOAT ost), but side quest are the same thing over and over again. the game never stops holding your hand
>>
>>383504905
Arc Rise Fantasia's battle system was so fucking good. Story was alright too actually. It may have been standard RPG fare but it wasn't unbearable. If the dub wasn't so trash and it wasn't Wii exclusive I feel like many more people would've played it and it would've gotten the recognition it deserved.
>>
>>383505571
ost is god-tier, but yeah gets pretty fucking boring after a while. especially the side quests- having to go through nearly the same damn dialogue each time sucks
>>
>>383506378
While the characters being dumb does propel the plot often, I thought the lead up to the time loop reveal and the final boss being Chopin was pretty neat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.