/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stormblood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 448
Thread images: 70

Guys I need help with SAM. There are a few questions that I need answered so that I can optimally play this class.

1. If I have 3 Sen, but Hagakure is almost off cooldown, do I Kaiten to Midare or use Hagakure for multiple Shitens?

2. When do I use Meikyo after using it in the opener? I am having a hard time picturing when to use it in a rotation after that.

3. Is Guren actually usable after the opener?

4. Having a hard time with positions especially when the enemy keeps on turning. For example, I know I can have Kaiten Higabana but then suddenly the enemy turns which then makes me not have enough kenki for Kaiten. What do you do? Just go Higabana without it? Sometimes that happens as well when Midare is going to happen.

I think that's it for now.

Please help.
>>
3 Sen Hagakure is better than Kaiten Midare.
>>
>>383502913
How can you even use Hagakure if you have 3 sens?
>>
>>383504434
Isn't Hagakure then one where you get Kenki from all 3 sens?
>>
File: IMG_0281.png (112KB, 269x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.png
112KB, 269x219px
>Dark Knight in PVP

Holy fuck this is fun, why didn't anyone ever tell me about this shit, dragging and stunning/silencing healer faggots is amazing, I can pratically taste their panic as thehly
mash Cure
>>
how the fuck do you guys remember what all the different abilities are called? for instance I've played NIN for a while and I know all the different mudra combos, but I only know them based on my hotkeys. I have no idea what any of them are actually called. and that goes for every class I've played, I just know what hotkeys to press.

each class got 20+ abilities, how are you supposed to remember all that shit?
>>
>>383505556
When you want to know your job, you tend to actually remember the names. Simple as that.
>>
File: reallyribbit.jpg (147KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
reallyribbit.jpg
147KB, 800x800px
>Bitch about tanks being able to dps
>90% of their skills scale off attack power
>Literally all 3 has a dps stance

I mean unless they redesign every tank to a fucking turtle people really need to shut up
>>
>>383502913
1. genuinely depends on the length of the fight. short? kaiten midare. long? shintens.

2. after the opener? when it's useable. either to hagakure it or to kaiten midare.

3. yes.

4. you never higanbana without kaiten. if that shit happens again it's even better to just meditate one or two ticks depending to make sure you kaiten it.
>>
File: confusedmorty.jpg (31KB, 361x375px) Image search: [Google]
confusedmorty.jpg
31KB, 361x375px
>>383502913
>1. If I have 3 Sen, but Hagakure is almost off cooldown, do I Kaiten to Midare or use Hagakure for multiple Shitens?

Like I get it's supposed to be a weeb class but holy fuck.
>>
>>383505779
>Japanese class uses Japanese words
>le epic weeb XD
Learn what weeb means you newfag piece of shit.
>>
>>383505302
Dark knights are fags, if nobody on their team follows up (which is almost always) I can just run away while healing myself while they stand around with a limp dick.
>>
>>383505832
>Learn what weeb means
He's right. Calling SAM players weebs is much too narrow. Everyone who plays XIV is a fucking weeb.
>>
File: 1499554655991.jpg (70KB, 478x467px) Image search: [Google]
1499554655991.jpg
70KB, 478x467px
>>383505779
>bitching about weebs
>posting rick and fucking morty
>>
>>383505556
>Can't remember the names of 4 actions
Raiton
Katon
Suiton
Huton

Shuriken, Doton and whatever the ice one is are worthless and shouldn't be remembered, but it's not hard at ALL to remember the other ones. Do you have some kind of learning disability?
>>
>>383505947
>4chan owned by Japanese man
>Ergo everyone on 4chan is a weeb
>>
>>383506147
Sounds about right.
>>
>>383506147
I want to go back to a time when weeb meant the sort of fat idiot who goes to anime club and calls everything kawaii and wears a naruto headband and is so sure he's going to move to Japan after high school and become a famous mangaka.
>>
>>383505758
> 1. genuinely depends on the length of the fight. short? kaiten midare. long? shintens.
Long fights. I'm talking about raids. So basically I only kaiten midare if hagakure is a long way off cooldown correct?

> 2. after the opener? when it's useable. either to hagakure it or to kaiten midare.
Oh so if I can get 3 sens by using meikyo, just use it at once?

> 3. yes.
How and when? When I have to much kenki?

> 4. you never higanbana without kaiten. if that shit happens again it's even better to just meditate one or two ticks depending to make sure you kaiten it.
So basically even if higabana drops, if I can delay a little bit for a kaiten higabana, go for it?
>>
>>383505779
Weeb really lost its meaning huh.
>>
>>383506305
So basically a time before reddit faggots colonized and ruined the site?
>>
File: Z14fKqf.png (943KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Z14fKqf.png
943KB, 2560x1440px
>>383502913
I found this to be a pretty good guide so far

>>383505779
senpai its simple. You just kaiten your higanbanas, build kenki to gurren, hagakure on cooldown, weave your shintens, and keep up your jinpu, hakaze, and shifu up at all times. For AoE Fuga into Mangetsu and Fuga again into Oka using hagakure to get enough kenki for gurren if it's up but otherwise kaiten your tenka gokken when you have two sens. Baka.
>>
>>383506305
>I want to go back to when weeb meant a very specific thing so people would stop calling me names.
>>
>>383506308
Just hagakure 3 sen > kaiten midare > hagakure and repeat that rotation, unless downtime happens, in which case you prioritize hagakure always.
>>
>>383506134
>Do you have some kind of learning disability?

I think so, yeah. I get very easily overwhelmed, so whenever I switch job for the first time I have to spend hours going over the abilities and find the correct hotkeys for them. once I get the hang of it though, I tend to become good. It just takes me longer than other people.
>>
>>383506308
>Long fights. I'm talking about raids. So basically I only kaiten midare if hagakure is a long way off cooldown correct?
Yes, alternatively you could use it when you get 3 Sen, use it to Midare and then Meikyou Shisui to get 3 Sen and Hagakure those to get Shinten.

Meikyou aligns itself with Hagakure pretty will if you use the 3 Sen Opener.
>>
>>383505556
I play Dragoon. Pretty much all my skills are blank Thrust or blank Dive.
>>
>>383506518
Weeb has no impact anymore it's just like calling someone a faggot or cuck
>>
>>383506518
You say that like it's a bad thing. Corruption of language is a travesty, words cease to have meaning or value and they degrade to meaningless noise or in this case text.
>>
>>383506518
I bet you're the kind of dope who uses "literally" to mean "figuratively"
>>
>>383505779
>Not being an honorable samurai
wwwwwwwww
sasuga baka gaijin
>>
>>383506308
1. yes and when i know the boss is going to jump soon or phase transition and take a break i'll prioritize blowing my runes on kaiten midare.

2. correct, kaiten midare is still +1000potency and at that point it's essentially free.

3. rule of thumb is to minimum keep 20 to kaiten whenever required, guren is definately usable if ex. just reapplying yukikaze but higan still has a nice amount of time on it, just hagakure for extra juicy kenki.

4. yeah, because it is so long, it really will end up hurting your potency bad if you don't boost it as high as possible, kaiten and jinpu at all times up before using it.
>>
>>383506662
Which is the best opener anyway? Now that I have 941 skill speed, it seems like the 1 Sen opener is very awkward.
>>
File: 1499232976036.png (268KB, 445x285px) Image search: [Google]
1499232976036.png
268KB, 445x285px
>>383506397
Weeaboo has no inherent meaning. It's a nonsense word from a webcomic. It became synonymous with Wapanese after the wordfilter but even back then it didn't strictly refer to >>383506305 's definition and was never defined. Even if you wanted to directly equate the two Wapanese is also just a slang term that was never strictly defined. Then people started spreading those "a weeaboo is NOT..." and "you can appreciate japanese culture without being a weeb" images to try to distance themselves from the term.
>>
File: 1499293770424.jpg (657KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1499293770424.jpg
657KB, 2560x1440px
>they aren't a roe
Plebians.
>>
>>383507090
>girl roe
even SE thinks you're a mistake.
>>
>>383507090
Hi, michael cera
>>
This song, man. Don't get me wrong, I love it, however, it makes you all sleepy and that's the last thing you want to do on a Dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzOHkTLHWs

Post your favorite tracks. I want some recommendations.
>>
>>383502913

>CHING CHONG NINJUTSU HADOKEN SHARINGAN DANG HAO KAME HA

Speak English mother fucker.
>>
>>383506929
No idea, according >>383506432 it depends on the length of phases.

On dummies it doesn't really matter since they all do roughly the same damage.
>>
>>383506910
> 1. yes and when i know the boss is going to jump soon or phase transition and take a break i'll prioritize blowing my runes on kaiten midare.

> 2. correct, kaiten midare is still +1000potency and at that point it's essentially free.

> 3. rule of thumb is to minimum keep 20 to kaiten whenever required, guren is definately usable if ex. just reapplying yukikaze but higan still has a nice amount of time on it, just hagakure for extra juicy kenki.

> 4. yeah, because it is so long, it really will end up hurting your potency bad if you don't boost it as high as possible, kaiten and jinpu at all times up before using it.

I think last question. If I have someone in the group doing a slashing debuff as well, should I stop doing yukikaze? Or I should still rotate doing the 3 rotations? Just like when you have 2 monks, it is kinda bad if both of you dragon kick right?
>>
>>383507090
Go back to /xivg/ you degenerate faggot
>>
>>383502913
Hagakure has a cooldown of 40 seconds, Hissatu: Guren has a cooldown of 120 seconds.
It takes you 8 GCDs to gather 3 Sen.
3 Sen grant 60 Kenki with Hagakure.
Hissatsu: Guren costs 50 Kenki.
You do the math.
Yes, Hissatsu: Guren should ideally be used on cooldown, or near it if you can use it with other damage boosting buffs from party members by postponing it by GCD or two.
>>
>>383506948
>that was never strictly defined
it was made in the same way as the word wigger, even as a slang word it had a very clear definition
Everything else you're saying is spot on, though
>>
>>383507090
I like roes but I'm a elf
>>
>>383506134
I don't think it's about having a learning disability, I think it's more about different people learning in different ways.

I'm the same, almost never remember skill names unless I talk about the class a lot with other people, but remember the icon, relevant information, and which key I usually place it on. Same with numbers, don't know the pin code to my own phone, but if I picture a numpad mentally I can follow the pattern I do with my hand. Some people just remember things differently.
>>
>>383507207
i'm lucky to have a nin with me at all times, so i just use yukikaze for when i need to get extra kenki with hagakure or for kaiten midare ofcourse. the fact that it auto applies in one GCD with meikyo is a happy coincidence too.
>>
>>383506768
>>383506729
>>383506723
>>383506397
Which of the following below is a weeb:
-Someone who watches dubbed anime on TV
-Someone who watches subbed anime that he downloads or pays for
-Someone who attends anime conventions
-Someone who plays Japanese made videogames
-Someone who thinks Japanese videogames are better than western videogames
-Someone who will play Japanese videogames with Japanese audio if given the option
-Someone who will refuse to buy a Japanese game if the western release lacks dual audio.
-Someone who names gives their characters Japanese names.
>>
>>383507152
Spiral is still my most favorite song to hear in a dungeon
Stupid good and made me diamonds the very first time I heard it in Coil back in the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk-dM6yfo38
>>
>>383506134
Only Hyoton is worthless in PvE, Fuma stacks with the poisons, and Jin Ten Chi is more optimal for using ten chi jin if the boss will stay for the doton ticks.
>>
>>383507207
> should I stop doing yukikaze?
Why would you ever do that? You are depriving yourself of a Midare and 3 Sen Hagakure. The slashing debuff only matters on as a combo priority in your opener.

The 2 Sen Opener starts with Yukikaze, the rest starts with Kasha.
>>
>>383506308
Remember that you don't have to use Meikyo to gain 3 Sen from a starting position of 0 Sen.
You can use it when you have 1 or 2 Sen too.
>>
>>383507190
I agree, the Nipponese class should have a bunch of attacks called Hamburger Slash and Burning Spirit of the Extra Large Coca-cola.
>>
>>383507385
>Someone who thinks Japanese videogames are better than western videogames
>Someone who will refuse to buy a Japanese game if the western release lacks dual audio.
>Someone who names gives their characters Japanese names.
These but the third is kinda debatable, the rest of your list is harmless fun.
>>
>>383507262
So which is better hagakure for 1 Guren, or hagakure with multiple shitens?
>>
>>383507385
>-Someone who will refuse to buy a Japanese game if the western release lacks dual audio.
>-Someone who names gives their characters Japanese names. (unless it's actually thematically fitting, like a game taking place in japan where you play a japanese guy)
>>
>>383507385
Someone who does most of this shit and wants to move to Japan because he thinks his own country is so shit compared to it but doesn't really know anything about the place outside of anime
>>
>>383507446
>>383507207
this as well. my opener actually does just that.
>>
>>383507442
So basically it's OK to override at once unlike monk. You really have to go to all 3 rotations.
>>
>>383507552
It's hilarious when they do and then slowly realise that Japan is a super strict society where nerds and otakus are looked down on even harder than in the west, and where the worklife is a hellscape.
>>
>>383507283
Even wigger doesn't have a set in stone definition though. I've heard wigger used to refer to all of the following things.
>A white person who speaks ebonics
>A white person who grew up in the hood
>A white person who likes rap and hip hop
>A white person who dresses like black people
>A white person who dates black women
>A white person who has predominantly black friends
>>
Is it me or is DRK the most bullshit chaser in PvP?
>Gap closer reset on kill
>Off cooldown stun
>Pull

He is fun a fuck. I love the fucker but I think he may be a little broken.
>>
>>383507671
it's okay to overwrite if you need the sen.
>>
>>383507531
Guren is 800 potency for 50 Kenki.
Shiten is 600 potency for 50 Kenki.
>>
>>383507671
Yukikaze is usually the last Sen you gain every time before you Midare/Hagakure in your rotation so you aren't really bound to the shenanigans of "skipping" your slashing debuff.
>>
>>383507776
Yeah that's what I meant. But I mean you still want to get 3 sen even if hagakure is long ways of CD because of a kaiten midare.
>>
>>383506432
I don't know how people can bitch about names when you have the inanity of trying to follow rotations based on a row of 30 unorganized small indistinct icons.
>>
File: 1498865239255.jpg (26KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1498865239255.jpg
26KB, 437x437px
>>383506948
Im pals with Odin lol, hello from Leviathan, he will get a kick out of him being posted on 4chan
>>
I've got question about MNK.

Besides the opener, do you RoF when it comes off cooldown even if you have no oGCD attacks available to do? Same with brotherhood.
>>
File: fever.jpg (43KB, 530x338px) Image search: [Google]
fever.jpg
43KB, 530x338px
I didn't think 72man frontlines would be playable on a controller but I'm getting the hang of it
>>
>>383507957
They're organized by the order you should be doing them. After leveling 50-70 you should recognize almost all of those icons and 70 is the only point in which you're going to need a guide anyway. Before you get Hagakure (which is like 68) you pretty much pump and dump Midare Setsugekka.
>>
>just became king of the lizard people
That duty was fun.
>>
>>383508136
MNK is all about using everything as soon as it comes off GCD, but usually RoF is paired with Brotherhood
>>
>>383508214
It is playable. Who said it isn't?
>>
>>383508358
I was always under the impression that the targeting is way too fucky with that many people on screen. I eventually developed a few tricks to get around it
>>
>>383508603
such as?
>>
File: dps typical.jpg (122KB, 437x232px) Image search: [Google]
dps typical.jpg
122KB, 437x232px
>>
Why didn't they change dying to "damage dealt reduced by x% instead of reduce stats by x%?

This way it would then allow tanks to stick to VIT for attack power like they changed it to from STR but then they were retarded and changed it back to STR.in 4.0
>>
>>383507684
I feel like you imagined this happening

>>383508317
Why the fuck would I recognize an icon that has no clear visual relation to anything, especially unless I crank the hotbar scale up to 150%? It's not like I just randomly shuffle icons on my hot bar then play Where's Waldo every time I want to use a weaponskill, I just remember what button does what. All I know is speed buff is kind of grey and damage buff is yellow and blue.
>hurr durr they're in order
Are you seriously memorizing your entire 30 button rotation in one homogeneous chunk or doing what a non-autistic person would and splitting it into parts?
>>
>>383508712
Target closest
Angle the camera away from unnecessary trash
Face character toward target, confirm
Assist target literally anything on the field to get big ice

Still don't know what to do to pick up a healer in the middle of 40 nigger knights other than manually scrolling through them, and I'm not sure if clicking with a mouse would even work
>>
>>383508825
are SAMs the new shitter entitled dps class?
>>
>>383508945
I've memorized all three Samurai openers by the ability names.
I've also memorized them by the ability icons.
You're just retarded.
>>
>>383508945
Uhh, I guess you just look at them every once in awhile? Surely there must be a moment where you go "Oh yeah, that's the button I have bound to 1, Q, E, etc"

Even if not, it takes about a second to look in your actions menu and make the connection.

And memorizing? It's called muscle memory. You do it for every opener that's ever existed. Go look at bard's opener.
>>
>>383509416
How do I download muscle memory instantly from the internet

>>383509350
Have a gold star
>>
>another week to suffer through with no content

the drought is real
>>
>>383509586
>why can't I do something instantly with ni effort
Muscle memory comes with time anon.
Go do your opener and rotation for 3 minutes, then do it 10 times.
See what happens
>>
File: image.png (210KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
210KB, 480x480px
>Final Fantasy MMO
>Not glamoring your character as a JRPG protagonist
>>
I hope Deltascape Savage is hard enough to last me until the next tier desu
>>
>>383509721
You can always queue for old raids to help guys who are experiencing it for the first time.
>>
>>383509832
Serah has great boobs.
>>
>>383509586
You just do the opener a few times. You can even do it on a target dummy if you want.

Shoot I can still do the BLM opener from Heavensward and I haven't played that in a long time.
>>
>>383509832
>not glamouring on some reasonable, realistic armor like Akihiko Yoshida intended
Just delete your account.
>>
>>383509149
>I'm not sure if clicking with a mouse would even work
It can be slightly rough but it usually only takes a couple attempts at most. If things are really shit you just angle the camera downwards to keep people from overlapping. The harder thing is when I'm playing PLD and I see a low health DPS on another alliance running close to me and try to direct target him with Clemency and the fucker is jumping around like a monkey.

Most annoying thing is that character names are fucking huge unless you're playing at ~1440p or higher, there's much less targeting clutter at higher resolutions (and no I'm not turning off names entirely when they're the only thing ID'ing what team people are on)
>>
>>383504434
I think you have it mixed up with higanbana
>>
File: 1491872787581.png (564KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
1491872787581.png
564KB, 623x623px
>>383509926
>helping other people

lmao no thanks normie
>>
>>383509926
>help carry shiters
haha
>>
>>383507736
that's pretty much the only thing they're good for though.
>>
File: sushi tank.jpg (287KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sushi tank.jpg
287KB, 700x1000px
>>383509957

Reminder this is a tank set from one of the newest dungeons.
>>
>>383510643
Sushi sets are literally the only good slutglams
>>
>>383510643

Would eat nigiri from her naked body.
>>
>cracked cluster roulette
>kraut premade
Abandon fucking ship
>>
>>383509784
You dense motherfucker. Unless you're telling me you build muscle memory by staring at a list of icons the entire time you're full of shit.

>>383509416
Ultimately my point is it would be much easier to parse what you're looking at if combos were grouped together and oGCDs were differentiated instead of just "push all these buttons in this order"

Let's put it this way arbitrarily based on the 3x4 layout I have
4>5>6>c+5>4>2>3>9>7>c+4>8>3>c+7>6>9>7
or
456 (c+5) 423 (9) 7 (c+4) 8 3 (c+7) 6 (9) 7

Mind you in reality it ends up being something more like "side combo, convert, back combo, buffed higanbana, meikyo, 2 hit ender, back, guren, side, buffed midare"
>>
>>383507736
Theyre only menacing if he has teammates to follow up
>>
>>383510128
stop using aqua as shitposting fuel
>>
Any of you EU homos playing girl characters wanna trade/buy this maid attire code I got? I also got two fat chocobos and two butler attires.
>>
>>383510172
>>383511229
i can 1v1 any dps in the game if i have my cooldowns up. i'm not sure if this applies to all tanks though, not just DRK.
>>
File: 1495260875975.png (169KB, 574x437px) Image search: [Google]
1495260875975.png
169KB, 574x437px
>>383502913

1) Don't try to maximize Hagakure usage just because. Trust me, I experimented with this a lot. If you have 3 sens, you should absolutely just use Midare. The whole point is to build to get as many Midares as possible. The primary usage of Hagakure outside the opener is for refreshing Higanbana. Sometimes the timing is such that you will have 2 sens when the time is upon you to refresh Higanbana. In that case, you can Hagakure+Yukikaze combo+Kaiten Higanbana, so that you keep that delicious 60s DoT uptime and get some kenki to boot. But in general, Hagakure should not be used to convert 3 Sens - you should just use them on Midare instead.

2) Use it when there's 20s+ on Higanbana, and you just did a Midare. Then, do Meikyo+Kasha, Gekko, Yuki, Kaiten+Midare Setsegekka. Its just a DPS cooldown.
That said, it can also be saved to use to recover from downtime by doing Meikoy+Shifu, Jinpu, Yukikaze, Kaiten+Higanbana. This gets your DoT rolling and all your buffs up as fast as possible, but is often not worth doing - better to just re-do your opener, most of the time.

3) Yes, absolutely, and you should make a point to be well over 50 Kenki as it comes off cooldown

4) You should basically never Higanbana or Midare without 20 Kenki. Even without positionals, this should never be a problem. If it is, you used Shinten too much. Don't forget True North, it's the best thing that ever happened to melee in this game.
>>
>>383511210
Did you even read the other part of my post?
No, muscle memory doesn't build from staring at a list.
You memorize your opener/rotation by skill names and/or skill icons, the start building muscle memory, so you don't have to remember it anymore.
>>
File: 1499497984547.jpg (102KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1499497984547.jpg
102KB, 750x750px
She did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Lancer.jpg (1MB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Lancer.jpg
1MB, 1440x1280px
>>383510643
Reminder that interns designed it, not Akihiko Yoshida.
>>
>>383510643
>Cats with lion tails
Nothing gets my dick harder
>>
>>383511403
Hot damn that's a lot of typos. I should also clarify about refreshing Higanbana:

Usually, the best way to do it, starting at 0 Sens, is to just Hakaze, Yukikaze, Kaiten+Higanbana. This would be if there's around 5-8 seconds left on Higanbana. If you have a little more time left than that, you could do a Kasha or Gekko combo to get your 1 sen. If you have a little more time than that, you could use Hagakure as I suggested: Kasha+Gekko combos, Hagakure them to dump the Sen, then get your 1 sen from Yukikaze
>>
>>383510643
This and the healer set. Every roulette.
>>
>>383509189
Yes, because all the shitter entitiled DPS moved to it.

>>383509832
I'm glaming my NIN as a gatherer, it's perfect.
>>
>>383511492
i want yotsuyu to step on me.
>>
>>383511403
Your first point is garbage.
You never Midare without Kaiten, so one Kaiten+Midare is worth 80 Kenki.
80 Kenki is 3 Shitens, 900 potency.
A Kaiten'd Midare is 1080 potency.
Midare Setsugekka has a cast time of around 1.5 seconds and triggers the GCD.
Shiten is an instant oGCD, meaning you're using other weaponskills while weaving the Shitens in between.
EVEN if you just use Hakaze, you end up at 1200 potency by your last Shiten.
1200 > 1080.
You're shit at this game.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (169KB, 721x991px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
169KB, 721x991px
>people complained that the 50-60 DRK quests weren't as cool as the 30-50 ones so we went ahead and made the Stormblood job quests so absolutely fucking bananas that the finale completely overshadows the MSQ
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>383509189
>are SAMs the new shitter
Oh you bet, SAM is going to be full of them until DRG mains realize it's too hard for them and go back

>entitled
That's more of a tank/healer thing
>>
File: 1462855634938.gif (470KB, 249x172px) Image search: [Google]
1462855634938.gif
470KB, 249x172px
Just did deltascape, whats with the boring music here? I know its a ff5 remix but damn compared to the other raids its bland as hell
>>
>>383511403
You should use Meikyo on cooldown, regardless of the number of Sen you have.
>>
File: 1493887613264.jpg (34KB, 361x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493887613264.jpg
34KB, 361x360px
>>383510643
>no decent slutglam since dzemael darkhold
>wear normal looking armor for most of ARR and HW
>guy in my static keeps complaining about people wearing slutglams
>mfw using sushi violence glamors for everything
>>
File: 1472748846779.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472748846779.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
What's a good class for beginners? I can't decide.
>>
>>383511868
That whoever is in-charge of the DRK questlines needs to be promoted.
>>
>>383511997
Soken was too faithful to Uematsu's music. He should've given it a twist.
>>
>>383512054
MNK, BRD.

>>383511997
Maybe wanted to keep it more faithful to FFV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: Capture.png (42KB, 838x634px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
42KB, 838x634px
I think I need to upgrade something for FF14. I usually play with dual monitors(the second monitor has like notes on the dungeon so I'm sure to not mess it up). It was going fine till in the middle of Susano, one monitor just went black. It was still on, just not displaying stuff. Now, I can only have one monitor running when I play. Is this a graphics card issue?
>>
>>383511416
I'm saying you build muscle memory by splitting things into easier to remember parts then putting them together you thick fuck.

Eg. instead of trying to remember 30 consecutive actions you take the 1-2-3 combos that you can do automatically if you've been playing this game for any length of time and treat them as a chunk. Otherwise it's like trying to learn a Marvel combo by memorizing each joystick direction and button press at once.
>>
>>383512251
Get a Ryzen and a new card.
>>
>>383512054
Tank: PLD
Healer: WHM
DPS: BLM
>>
File: 1492206618795.jpg (337KB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
1492206618795.jpg
337KB, 1000x1359px
>>383511809
Do you Kaiten your Midares 4 times or something?
Don't answer that, I'm being facetious

>20+20+15+20 = 80
>25+25+25 = 80

Did you pass the first grade, Anonymous?

At any rate, I tested maximizing Hagakure usage figuring the same logic: You get more total potency out of dumping all those Shintens, and yet, I found my parses consistently lower. The power of Midare is just too much to be squandered like that :^)

>>383512015
I have noticed it almost always comes off cooldown very shortly after a Midare anyway, but I will usually wait a bit to use it, never more than a few GCDs though. I reckon if you always use it for the Sen-generating moves, you're effectively skipping 5 GCDs with it, and should try to do that as often as possible.
>>
>>383512262
There is no one true way to build muscle memory, everyone learns things differently.
>>
File: ffxiv_09072017_140330.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_09072017_140330.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>383502913
I hope you're all stealing the sword block from the tanks, fellow SAMs
>>
File: 1497786502485.png (168KB, 297x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497786502485.png
168KB, 297x370px
>>383512358
>Ryzen
>>
>>383512515
You gain 60 Kenki from using Hagakure with 3 Sen, idiot.
Hissatsu: Kaiten costs 20 Kenki.
A Kaiten'd Midare Setsugekka is worth 80 Kenki, which can be used for 3 Shitens, with 5 Kenki left over.
It's like you're completely shit at math and this game.
>I found my parses consistently lower
Stop being shit at this game.
>>
>>383512358
Cool, thanks. I have a slight question, though. I think my CPU is a quad core 4.20 GHz processor. Ryzen has more cores, but less GHz. Do the more cores compensate that? I'm not super tech literate, so sorry if this is an obvious question.
>>
>>383512943
You overclock it. It's a upgrade over the FX series in every way, even without overclocking it.
>>
>>383512515
>if you always use it for the Sen-generating moves
I'm not saying you shouldn't, you absolutely should blow Meikyo on combo finishers, and combo finishers only.
You just don't have to wait for you to have 0 Sen to use it.
For example, you've just done your Gekko combo, so you have the Getsu Sen.
You use Meikyo, use Kasha and Yukikaze, cast Hagakure/Midare, then either Gekko again, or the more safe choice Yukikaze and then do your Kasha combo.
>>
Cant update the game on my ps4,already changed the dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 still dosnt work,someone got a solution or something else i could try?
>>
>>383505556
>i cant memorize ~20 abilties

You cant be fucking serious

Im glad you never played WoW back in like, cata/panda where classes had around triple that
>>
>>383513025
Ah, alrighty, thanks!
>>
>>383513221
Ok, I misread you then.

>>383512863
Ok, but, here's the problem. I tried it my way and your way, because I thought the same way you did, and I found it to be performing worse very consistently, so I stopped doing it, and my performance improved, which suggests to me I'm right and is also the reason I stopped using Hagakure on cooldown.

Are you accusing me of doing it wrong? I don't understand. How much have you experimented with it, I wonder?
>>
Is SAM or NIN more fun? Looking for something to legal when I hit 70
>>
>>383513692
NIN is a fucking blast.
>>
>>383513692
Level*
>>
>>383513692
They're both pretty fun for different reasons, NIN is faster and more flashy with spells, SAM is a bit slower but is a heavy hitter
>>
>>383513537
If you're doing better blowing 3 Sen on Midares than Hagakures, then good on you.
It also means you're not using Kenki optimally when you are trying using Hagakure on cooldown.
That's pretty much all there is to it.
Things might change when Samurai are able to hit 50k Midares consistently with increased item levels, but currently more Shitens is superior to Midares.
>>
>>383507505
Way better names to be quite honest
>>
>>383513692
Nin was ruined in SB and with the server moved.
>>
File: lb.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lb.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Now that we can gpose the limit break I'm curious to what other anons are able to do with it.

I'll start with my shitty one to get things going.
>>
>>383507515
>>383507547
>-Someone who will refuse to buy a Japanese game if the western release lacks dual audio.
This one is debatable too because I like listening to voices where the product was made. If it was made in Germany I'll watch it in German yet that doesn't make me a Germaboo
>>
>>383513868
>>383513776
Hm, I like using a lot of abilities and flashy abilities but also for them to feel like they have substance. Jobs are a bit boring when it feels more like you're sustaining dps and trying not to drop it compared to actually feeling like you're smacking shit around
>>383513914
I'm EST but can still double weave
>>
>>383514132
That's a fair point I guess... I usually prefer subs over dubs anyway since the voice actors for translations are sometimes really terrible. At least if it's in a foreign language I won't know how shit the acting is
>>
>>383513871
I don't buy that. It's difficult to not use kenki optimally. Whether or not you're maximizing Hagakure usage, the rules are the exact same. Always have 20 for Kaiten, always have 50 for Guren, dump the rest on Shinten, don't cap when you use Hagakure for any reason. I'll do two dummy parses right now and see if I can't demonstrate the difference, granted 2 being a small sample size. I didn't like the feel of Hagakureing away 3 Sens, and found it to be a consistent decline in DPS. The only reason I experimented with it is because the potency numbers didn't agree with it, but the parse numbers sure did. My logic was, if the end goal of your melee combos is to get you to Midare, Hagakure is greatly lengthening the time between those.
>>
>>383514160
NIN definitely has oomph to their attacks.
>>
>>383514160
Then play NIN.
>>
>>383511492
>boo hoo i got married off to an abusive husband
>buuuh he kicked the bucket and i became a spy

What a whiny bitch, other people were put in rape/death camps or used as gunblade target practice, i really dont know what the fuck she is crying about, she got the fancier part of the deal

Glad she got snuffed to be quite honest famalamborghini
>>
>>383514379
>>383514387
NIN it is then... once I finish my RDM
>>
>>383511902
What's wrong with drg? I want to level it
>>
>>383514537
Shit job
Shit players
Currently, shit DPS
>>
>>383511868
Im jealous

The RDM questline is just

>muh void queen
>muh aether vampirism
>oops we won, nvm fixed
>>
>>383514160
nothing's more "smacking shit around" than a fucking MELEE CAST and weaving a loud as fuck attack in between every hit
SAM
>>
>>383512704
Go there right now

Just do it, go to /xivg/

And tell us

Would you rather be there, or here? Assuming you were forced to talk about this game
>>
>>383514587
Well I did all SB content as mch via pf and drg seems more fun
>>
File: 1469914839980.png (550KB, 935x738px) Image search: [Google]
1469914839980.png
550KB, 935x738px
>>383514764
>replying to smug anime avatar bait post
look at the guy before him and tell me if the content in either post is worth giving attention to
>>
>>383512704
I have a theory mods let these stay up on /v/ because they know how bad the ffxiv /vg/ threads are. Same with WoW threads.
>>
>>383514969

Oh
>>
>>383505556
3+ years of playing the game and following discussion online and I almost remember Warrirors abilities.
I would assume that talking about the game makes you learn the ability names quicker, as you would need to refer them by name instead of their icon's look or position at hotbar which you might use inside your brain.
>>
>>383514932
Then go ahead and play DRG, the guys half wrong anyways, all the shit DRG players went to SAM.

>>383514975
There is either one mod/janny who deletes/puts the threads on auto sage because they're xivg scum, it's really sad.
>>
>>383514932
Well both mch and drg are fucked right now, and those were the two jobs I mained right before SB
>>
>>383514132
Refusing though

Straight up going "This game doesn't have japanese audio, so I'm not going to buy it no matter how good it is."
>>
File: 1489530974592.png (220KB, 301x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489530974592.png
220KB, 301x320px
>didn't realize FoF was physical only because when the fuck did it ever matter
>shit I should have way better damage knowing that
>horribly horribly lower DPS
>what the fuck
>realize I never turned on Shield Oath
>>
>>383507118
Best city state leader is Femroe.
>>
>>383514591
Sounds way cooler than SAM. The 50-60 story is cool and then for the 60-70 you just hang out with the guards in Kugane and fight the boring oreo man
>>
>>383515070
I don't know, there's a fuckload of shit dragoons still out there. Doesn't help that the job's DPS is already pretty low even played optimally. Every Lakshmi doge I lose to a Dragoon, they're at like 1700 DPS or worse and boy oh boy I wish I was making that up.

>>383515340
If a job's greatness were determined by its class quests alone, everyone would be playing Dark Knight
>>
>>383515319
>old loser who does literally nothing throughout the game and leaves you to die in the banquet
>best leader
>>
>>383515206
That said this sure made fuck all difference anyways, but at least it's a pass and not a fail

>Goring Blade always wears off a second early
>Requiescat always wears off like half a second before I run out of MP
Driving me nuts
>>
>>383515206
Requiescat into holy spirit spam, fight or flight through your melee combos, rotate forever.

They're both 60s cooldowns to line up nicely, by the time requiescat is off cooldown you'll be full mana to holy spirit spam more.

Anyone using requiescat with fight or flight for more melee damage is an idiot.
>>
>>383515446
You mean everyone will be playing DRK to 50.
>>
>>383515747
60-70 quests are even better than 30-50
>>
>>383514280
Usinng Hagakure on cooldown doesn't mean using it on 3 Sen.
>>
>>383515206
Just uninstall of kill yourself.
>>
>>383515774
To get to them you would need to play through the worst job quests in the game that are 50-60.
>>
Oh, when did Darkside not drain constantly? Why does Blood Price restore almost nothing?
>>
>healers lost clercstance so they don't have to stance dance anymore
>tanks still have their tank and dps stance left
Why can't SE just remove dps stance and add extra dmg to tank stance?
>>
>>383512704

The general is ruined by a legion of namefags and avatarfags. There is no good discussion to be had there. /vg/ mods do not moderate it one bit, so people who actually want to talk about the game and not just repost their latest waifu has to take it somewhere
>>
>>383516037
Patch notes motherfucker; read them.
>>
>>383516037
Read the patch notes.
>>
File: parse.png (661KB, 1133x310px) Image search: [Google]
parse.png
661KB, 1133x310px
>>383515929
But, the worst 50-60 quests are White Mage

>>383515803
Well, at any rate, I have to eat my words a bit here. Here's two 3-minute parses I just did, with fairly comparable direct/crit procs. On the right is the parse converting 3 Sens via Hagakure as much as possible, a gain of about 200. Granted again that 2 is a small sample size, but, the last time I tested this seriously I was a good 10 item levels lower and getting about 150-200 more consistently by NOT using Hagakure that way.

I don't know, I want to say that it comes down to variance, but at the very least the parse numbers now agree with the potency numbers, which makes me feel a little better. Maybe I was wrong :^)
>>
>>383516037
Welcome to gutted DRK of SB, we fixed zero problems, pruned the most fun buttons and give you second gauge to pay attention too and stupid awareness utility on top of it, Please understand.
>>
>>383515929
The WHM quests are far worse than the DRK 50-60.
>>
The changes to BRD are nice, I'm really enjoying it. My dots and straight arrow still sometimes fall off because I wasn't watching but at least ironjaws doesn't need a cast time.
>>
>>383516271
I'm switching to PLD honestly, no sense being bored to tears constantly
>>
>>383514537
Our timers are fucked beyond all belief. I can't even do a proper full rotation as a DRG because it takes almost two minutes to even get Life of the Dragon up, and there's usually an invulnerability mechanic or some way to fuck with the DPS, which means you'll either lose BotD before you ever get LotD, or the invincibility/mechanic happens mid LotD anyways.

In a pure training dummy fight we aren't much better, it still takes almost two minutes for us to reach big dick DPS, which isn't even aligned with B4B, and although we can get it every minute from there, since the dragon eyes do open from MD during LotD, we're so far behind on damage dealt that it's pathetic.

And as an added kick to the dick, Dragon Gaze has a 120 second cooldown which doesn't align with B4B's 80 second cooldown, or Battle Litany's 180 second cooldown.

Easiest way to save DRG is to change Dragon Gaze to 90 or 180 seconds so it matches your burst rotation, and either reduce the amount of times Mirage Dive is needed to enter LotD, or reduce Jump/Spineshatter Dive's cooldowns so you get them more often. Potency increases would be nice, but DRG potencies are actually somewhat decent and straight buffing them wouldn't solve much unless they became SAM tier number wise.
>>
>>383515446
That's what people say about MCH too. However, I more often than not outdpsed SAMs and RDMs and all kinds of jobs. If you do near 3k in ex fights, you're outdpsing most people. As I said, I comfortably did all fights as MCH. And DRG is even stronger. My main concern about MCH isn't dps, it's simpy very boring to play.
>>
Flames are exceptional at focusing down and killing moving things but never the big blue bags of score for some reason
>>
>>383516217
I'm impressed you were willing to test it yourself, rather than argue endlessly back and forth, pat on the back for that.
>>
>>383516271
Gotta say I'm mighty pissed about losing the ability to chain kick people in the balls off of parries. That was totally unnecessary.
>>
>>383515340
Honestly i realize now that my memetext makes the RDM questline sound much cooler than it is
>>
>>383516543
>Activate Dark Dance in a giant mob.
>Bully your main target by kicking him in the dick constantly.

Good times. RIP Low Blow.
>>
>>383516386
I wouldn't even mind if it would be inoffensively boring and braindead, like SAM, but DRK was made offensively not fun in every way imaginable. The only good thing about SB DRK is job quests.
>>
>>383516389
Damn, that sucks, and here I was leveling dragoon. Guess I should just go memeurai or meme mage?
>>
>>383516101
Because fights with multiple tanks and fights with tank swaps are a thing. Enmity effects are a really bad thing to have as an off-tank.
>>
>>383516392
Whats your rotation/opener for MCH? A friend of mine is getting used to the changes but might need some help.
>>
File: 1331763653686.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1331763653686.png
4KB, 222x211px
>>383516497
We could do that if you want. I'm always game for it.

The whole point I've been trying to make here is that the reason I was doing the apparently sub-optimal thing is because it was giving me better numbers, but now it's not, and so now I must find not only the correct answer, but I must also find myself

>>383516392
I know, I know. I'm only teasing. I used to main MNK, so by now I hate Dragoons and everyone who plays them, and am absolutely relishing the state that Dragoon is in (i.e., the toilet). I get a little bit of a hard-on every time a dragoon drops to his knees and slobbers my mighty Samurai dong with his tether.
I also played MCH throughout Midas. I like what they've done with MCH, even if it is a little clunky, but I wish the DPS were higher. I certainly don't think any job is bad enough to be not worth playing, except for Dragoon, of course. I know there are great MCHs out there, a buddy of mine consistently tops 3.3k on MCH. I just like teasing!

>>383516271
>Pruned the most fun buttons
Someone hasn't hit level 68 yet.

>>383516836
If you like dragoon, play dragoon. You'll be fine, I promise.
Made me sick to type that
>>
File: 1452573596902.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452573596902.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>Start playing this game, working toward Ninja because everybody says it's a unique class
>Get to 30, they have one unique mechanic but you don't get full access to it until level 45, and even then it's just one skill on a 16 second cooldown
>Other than that it's just about doing a combo like every other class

Does it get better? I know I don't know a lot about this game but it seems really underwhelming so far.
>>
>>383516271
The only issues i have with the tabks reworks is that low level RDM/SAM potencies are still super fucking high and this can make it hard for tanks to hold aggro in shit like maws or sastasha or something
>>
>>383516821
with DRK I just don't feel like I have anything to do now besides the same retard Soul Eater combo forever, occasionally hitting Blackest Night, obviously while wearing out my Dark Arts key. There's no thought involved and it's not interesting. At least PLD has some casted nukes and a DoT combo to work with.
>>
>>383515340
Makoto was cute at least.
>>
Wut level

I'm actually leaning towards leaning CNJ before AST to have a more straightforward healer to learn with plus less suffering without AoE but obviously that will blow all my rested EXP while leveling things over 50 doesn't. MNK and DRK are good because I have all the gear and can get rid of it all after.

>>383516101
The real question is why PLD still has no stance instead of one button toggle like PvP, especially because PLD has a ton of buttons.
>>
>>383516907
Bloodspiller is overrated as all fuck.
>>
>>383517164
What are you on about m8? Bloodspiller is rad as fuck, and Blackest Night is cool too.

I do miss Scourge, though, now that was just an unnecessary purge
>>
>>383517032
It doesn't. The only fun part of it was doing the handsigns to be fucking honest. Outside of it you're using really boring combos and ogcds that have cooldowns of a fucking eternity.
>>
>>383516836
Please just stop it

If you havent hit 70 on the new jobs by now just roll what you were going in HW

The fucking bloat on these classes is unreal, no one is going to want you in a group
>>
>>383517287
Just wait till PF is "no bonus/DRG/MCH plz"
>>
>>383514160
>tfw throwing out 3 fireballs back to back with a nin and watching a groups health melt
>>
>>383517272
You don't get to use it that often. It's fun when it happens, too bad it doesn't make up for the dragging ennui of building Blood up again. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I actually liked having dots and debuffs more than occasionally using a flashy offensive attack.
>>
File: 1499147419620.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1499147419620.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>383517283

God damnit. Every class I decide to try in this game ends up being fucking boring. First PLD and now this.

What are the fun interesting classes in this game?
>>
>>383517239
archer

>>383517164
Still need to do Bloodspillers while making sure you don't waste Blood by going over cap.

>>383517032
It does get better, everything is balanced around 70 now though so low levels feel much more boring than before. Low levels were always boring though.
>>
>>383517085
Weapon Skill enmity was buffed in both 4.00 and 4.01 and PLD now gets Shield Oath at 30, low level tanking is actually in about the best place it's ever been.

As an idea of the 4.01 changes, in 4.00 I couldn't get enmity off the NPCs at the start of Sirensong but now I can pull everything.
>>
>>383516894
I'm no expert, I started playing it in SB, didn't even look up guides and I'm sure someone will call me a shitter here. I opened with hot shot-barrel stabilizer- reload- that fast cooldown ability - wild fire - 1-2-reassemble - clean shot - gauss barell - quick reload - 1 - ricochet

Then after that you use reload when it comes off cooldown, keep hot shot up and just make sure you don't overheat and that reload cooldown is in line with Wildfire and all the skills that are used during wildfire. That's literally it as far as I'm concerned. You can do that rook shit that increases damage from ranged attacks during wildfire too.

>>383516907
3.3k on MCH is very hard to do actually, you can't fuck a single thing up during the fight, not one, seriously. As I said, it's just boring to play for me.
>>
>>383517410
I think we can at least agree, Bloodspiller should have been 64 and Quietus 68. Man did they fuck that up.

I don't know if you spend all your time in Grit or something, but Gritless is like a neverending chain of bloodspillers. I love it.
>>
>>383516389
They need to make the Eyes from Mirage Dive persist even if BotD drops, and then change BotD to give you two Eyes and +15 seconds if you use it while it's already active, instead of just resetting to 15 seconds total and not doing anything at all if you're above that. And then make BotD the trigger ability instead of Geirskogul, where the cooldown resets after LotD wears off.

Life of the Dragon is actually pretty fun and satisfying from an aesthetic/pushing-buttons perspective, but it's way too hard to build up to it, impossible to build up to it in AoE, and isn't even very powerful once you do get it up. If you could actually use it on AoE pulls and use it more often on boss fights, DRG would actually be really fun, instead of feeling like a big pile of shit.
>>
File: 39210_20170709222211_1.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
39210_20170709222211_1.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>383514591
I was pretty disappointed with all the job quests except for DRG. SAM especially was just boring as hell.
Then you get to DRK and it's
>you and the angry insane version of yourself who wants to take over your body and turn you into a mega edgelord team up to fight all the specters of everyone you've killed throughout the main story, spawned by the physical manifestation of your guilt and lost innocence
>>
>>383517427
But I don't want to do naked PotD runs right now
>>
>>383516907
>bloodspiller
>fun
>TBN
>fun
Entire SB toolkit is unfun garbage anon. Blood gauge was a mistake.
>>
>>383517528
>I think we can at least agree, Bloodspiller should have been 64 and Quietus 68. Man did they fuck that up.
Yes this was incredibly silly
>I don't know if you spend all your time in Grit or something, but Gritless is like a neverending chain of bloodspillers. I love it.
I do drop Grit all the time, are you using Delirium on Blood Price beforehand or are you using it with Blood Weapon?
>>
>>383517660
It stands to reason that I may have been exaggerating a bit regarding the endless chain of spillers. Of course I save Delirium for Blood Weapon, you'd be crazy not to r-right?
>>
>>383517630
I really like TBN, it's fun because you can use it for yourself or others. Short cooldown active mitigation is fun. Shame about the rest of it.
>>
>>383517630
Says you. I love the new skills. I wish TBN lasted 10 seconds though.
>>
>>383517851
git gud. also TBN blows bitch.
>>
File: ffxiv_10072017_173438.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_10072017_173438.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>383517550
>tfw
>>
File: 1496984359050.gif (3MB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
1496984359050.gif
3MB, 500x228px
>>383517758
I thought so, I was using Delirium with Blood Weapon
>>
File: neverreap.png (26KB, 1001x112px) Image search: [Google]
neverreap.png
26KB, 1001x112px
Why does this keep happening, did all side HW dungeons on DF and was either first or second on all of them.
>>
>>383502913
Why can't you figure this out on a dummy? FFXIV aren't so hard that you need to to ask questions. You can figure out optimal rotations in a a few minutes with common sense and a parser.
>>
>be dps
>30 min of queue to do deltaescape 4
>25 min of queue to do leveling roulette
>20 min trial
>30+ min for expert roulette
>15 min for 50/60 roulette

the entire heavensward expansion tanking, I just wanted to do some DPS while having to deal with mechanics

I'll guess I'll go tank, can WAR still do his memecleave or should i just level PLD?
>>
>>383517943
jump potions
>>
>>383517881
I never miss, it's just unnecessarily short.

Hurrr it's not a dps skill it sucks.
>>
>>383518034
gotta get them free grade 6 materia bruh
>>
Haven't played since early HW, I enjoyed drg/mnk/nin/blm

Should i give rdm or sam a shot?
>>
>>383517528
The DRK skill order is all fucked up now and they really needed to go back and tweak all the earlier levels too.

Abyssal Drain needed to be pre-50, if they're going to mutilate Unleash the way they did.

Blackest Night should have honestly been a level 60 skill, if not mid-50s, because DRK mitigation just doesn't fucking function at a HW level without it, now that they don't have Reprisal, Delirium, Dark Dance, and DA Abyssal Drain (which is basically gone now that Blood Price is nerfed to shit).

Bloodspiller should have been their 62 skill, so that you get something fun and cool (not to mention that it directly replaces the DPS you lost from Scourge, if you math it out) right off the gate, Quietus should have been 64, the BP/BW trait was fine at 66 (helps you use your cool new skills more often), and then Delirium could have been 68 or 70.

You would think that SE would know by now that no matter how much a particular skill seems like a class's "ultimate ability", holding it back until max level just means that the class plays like shit until max level.
>>
>>383517550
That sound anime as fuck, holy shit.
>>
>>383518034
Not only can you memecleave, you can memecleave SIX (6) !!!! times!
>>
>>383517549
I can agree with using BotD to give you eyes +seconds if it's already active, but Geirskogul should still be the trigger ability. After all, what happens if you use BotD to give yourself those eyes and then suddenly you've got jumps and spines to shatter and you don't want to waste that MD?
>>
>>383518171
you gave all those classes a shot, why are you asking me if you want to take a shot at 2 other classes
>>
>>383518034
WAR is in a really fucked spot right now. SE went overboard responding to player feedback on the tanks.
>PLD was unfun and garbage, so let's make it fucking stupidly powerful
>WAR was fun and did lots of damage, so let's shit on all tank damage but REALLY fuck WAR to death and turn him into this weird awful piece of shit
>uhhh I dunno what to do with DRK guys so let's make Blood Price useless and give all his abilities away
>>
>>383518119
No, it's necessarily short so you have something to actually pay attention to.
>>
>>383518246
I'm saying which would I probably enjoy more.

I have all the jobs at 60
>>
>>383518191
It's an anime game so you'd think the DRK quest would be the standard
>>
>>383518185
>Abyssal Drain needed to be pre-50, if they're going to mutilate Unleash the way they did.
At least they buffed the threat on Unleash, because at launch it wasn't even worth casting. I don't get why they cut its damage in half, regardless, fucking Paladins got Total Ecplise which is 110 Potency.
>>
>>383518259
It should be literally one second longer than it currently is.

Two auto-attacks will almost always break it, but a 5s duration is at the exact length where it's possible to only catch one auto with it. And you can't really just get good at the timing because of how shit FFXIV is about latency and server delay.
>>
>>383517804
I hate awareness utility such as TBN with passion on tanks, especially when devs try to engrain it in the basic rotation. TBN requires double the amount of fight knowledge to use it on cooldown than other tanks would ever need to have for close to zero rewards in terms of performance. You won't do double damage of other tanks even if you execute it perfectly, and if you screw it up you will dip below both of them.
>>
>>383518252
Everything MP value related about DRK is to get rid of its god awful server tick bullshit.
>>
>>383518323

How is anyone supposed to know what your gonna enjoy most? Just try shit out
>>
>>383518353
Samurai quest was alright until 60. Then it sucked. WHM seems pretty dumb, although I'm only at level 65. Still haven't found one that topped DRK, and likely won't.
>>
File: 1489599615741.png (223KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1489599615741.png
223KB, 500x381px
>>383518443
Hrm, I hadn't thought of it like that
>>
>>383517420
bard
there are times where it can devolve into heavy shot spam but otherwise it's pretty fun
the song buffs for yourself being based on DoT crits is kinda gay though, but i'm only 65 with it so far and still enjoying it anyway
>>
>>383518353
luckily it isn't desu. there's boring and there's cringe
>>
>>383518443
>DRK requires the most skill, fight knowledge, and foresight to play optimally

So fucking what? The same was true in Heavensward.

By the way, a target's target macro goes a LONG way with TBN. I have it on my bars 3 times: One regular, one a target-target macro, and one a mouseover macro
>>
>>383518443
It's just part of all the shittiness that is DRK this expansion. All our skills are worthless, require more timing, and cost more resources than ever, for less payoff.
>>
File: 1411920749855.jpg (23KB, 650x453px) Image search: [Google]
1411920749855.jpg
23KB, 650x453px
>>383518323
we'd have to arrange a meeting first to get to know your personality, ill send you an evaluation via fax once we get the paperwork out the way
>>
>>383518545
Post 60 SAM quests was okay, they weren't nowhere near as bad as 50-60 DRK or WHM.
>>
When will we get another blunt based character like a hammer wielding Viking or Geomancer? I hope it's a tank and I really fucking hope we get another healer and tank before anymore DPS.
>>
>>383518323
Trust me when i say levelling as DPS in stormblood is cancer, just go heals or tank
>>
>>383518839
If the leaks are true, and there is a new healer and new tank coming mid-expansion, my money is on Viking being the tank
>>
>>383518839
They would be retarded not to have Geomancer and Chemist as the next classes and as a tank and healer respectively
>>
>>383518323
blm main in HW here, i enjoyed rdm for a while, then it got really samey so i switched to sam. it was a shitshow until 62, then it got even better at 68 and now it's the only dps i want to play anymore.
>>
>>383518398
Fun math game: Figure out how many enemies you need to be hitting with Unleash before it starts doing as much damage as pre-SB PLD did with Circle of Scorn plus rotating single-target combos around a pack.

Until DRK gets Abyssal Drain, it does less AoE damage than ARR/HW PLD until Unleash starts hitting NINE enemies.
>>
>looking at youtube for stormblood videos
>trying to figure out a class to play
>summoner video
>summons motherfucking bahamut
>this isn't a limit break
>it's the climax of the rotation
>also get to summon minor primals as pets
>have always wanted to play something like Yuna from FFX where you use summons
>couldn't be happier

I'm sure it's not for some people but this class is awesome. Nothing gets me more erect than dropping Bahamut on enemies.
>>
File: 1337155153644.gif (114KB, 203x225px) Image search: [Google]
1337155153644.gif
114KB, 203x225px
>he still hasn't found a way into the thavnarian consulate or onto the mujikoza in kugane
>>
>>383518252
WAR is more like
>wow these stupid fuckers love meme cleave so much lets just give them that and only that

>>383518839
I really hope it's a hammer tank
>artifact gear is the armor Nero wore
muh benis
>>
>>383518839
geo is definitly a healer from the ast quests
>>383518908
what leaks i havent heard of anything like this
>>
>>383519026
It's a neat class, my only gripe with it is that i wish it had more big summons like Bahamut

Not that i have ever played SMN or intend to, but if i did, that would be my one wish
>>
File: red.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
red.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>They still didn't fix this games lame ass 2.5s GCD
>>
>>383519026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnP0hANUrtY
your summons are annoying visual clusterfucks to everyone else and the gameplay is more about spreading cancer than summoning desu
>>
>>383518443
DRK is the most braindead tank. And don't give me that ''then you're not playing it optimally'' bullshit. You have your 123, DA, tbn and bloodspiller. That's literally it. And if find no one fun in the fact that I managed to squeeze 2 more bloodspillers than an average player.
>>
>>383519201
Unless you're using RDMs melee combo, th GCDs are like halved in that case
>>
>>383519201
I've seen dozens of classes in other mmo's that play slower than that.
>>
>>383518908
>new healer and new tank coming mid-expansion

Who is the leaker and has he been right before?
>>
>>383519026
People will tell you it's shit but don't listen. Unless you are in the top 10% it won't matter what class you play kf you learn to play it right.
>>
>>383518185
>You would think that SE would know by now that no matter how much a particular skill seems like a class's "ultimate ability", holding it back until max level just means that the class plays like shit until max level.
Well you could play WAR. Their new level 70 is extremely situational waste of time.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>almost all level 50 crafters
>100% out of leves and have to manually grind the rest of the way
>also out of shards and poor so i have to grind those

fucking christ man
>>
File: 1496076028791.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496076028791.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
>MCH after level 63

Fuck you guys, I'm managing this overheating piece of shit while doing fucking John Woo styled dancing moves.

You guys go and play with your ten thousand times folded steel and your fancy red magic of cuckholdry.
>>
>>383519260
i wish dots were a bigger focus bane is complete trash now
>>
>>383519331
Did you not understand yoship's message? You are NOT a DPS class.
>>
>>383518908
>viking tank

They should be Axe + Shield

So far only 2 classes have offhands

BLM and PLD

BLM stops having shields after level loke 30 though

But technically speaking, they already have two classes using shields, no reason they cant have a third but actually let it use shields later

You would think RDMs magicked crystal mediums would have been offhand and not dual weapons, i mean, not that it matters at all but still
>>
>>383519412
I got a lot of hate when I said WAR and SCH aren't shit yet since there isn't any content they can't handle. If Savage is like 3.4 then it won't fucking matter at all which class you bring besides maybe MCH, but who really knows what the max DPS is for that job.
>>
>>383519445
Speaking of situational wastes of time, nothing is worse than MCHs flamethrower.

>>383519558
Good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>383519503
Our time is nigh fellow machinist. The heat rises, brother.
>>
>>383519503
Red Mong > Weeburai shitters any day
>>
File: 7iazhecpjs8z.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
7iazhecpjs8z.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
These are the average players of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood™! Say something nice about them!
>>
>>383519503
red magic is literally the most cuckproof job in the game because none of its mechanics actively tries to fuck it in the ass and the only time it even suffers from a dps loss is when the boss flies away at the exact moment the first melee hit lands
compare that to an american toy that overheats like a motherfucker and forces you to button mash in a tiny window that might or might not be taken away with the boss when it goes untargetable
>>
>>383519053
Screenshot from inside the consulate if you're so great!
>>
>>383519809

Yeah they look fucking weird but at least they are probably fucking, which means they arent the average FFXIV players
>>
>>383519445
Inner Beast shouldn't share a CD with Unchained. If they really want to save slots fucking make Defiance/Deliverance one button. There is no goddamn reason a Warrior should have either of them off. Same shit for Sword Oath/Shield Oath. Fucking wastes of slots having them separated.
>>
>>383518714
>The same was true in Heavensward
Nowhere near to such extent. You didn't really need to have all that much fight knowledge to do decently good, just to know which attack is magic and which is not, and with how most shit in HW was magic you could almost safely cruise control for close to optimal results. The only unique thing to DRK that required awareness was not letting darkside drop.

Now compare it to SB. MP is all ways fucked up, you can overcap it easily in some situations and be starved to death, literally, in others. Blood gauge is unlike other new tank gauges in that it needs constant attention and management to use properly for the same, if not ever marginally lower, results. TBN is a staple rotation piece by design and will be used to balance DRK around, which means that you will need a lot more fight knowledge to push similar numbers, it does not reward you for knowing more, it punishes you if you don't, which is a horrible fucking design.
>>
>>383519930
>fucking
>implying
You can tell by his eyes that he gets no pussy
>>
>>383518908
Blue mage, but get this, it can be a healer or a tank depending on your stance.
>>
>>383519639
WHM had shields too. Last one they got was from Leviathan. Kinda wish they'd have given MNK more kicks and made greaves (literally) off hand weapons.
>>
>>383519930
I'm sure Yoshi hit it while the other guy watched.
>>
>>383518714

Still blows away 3.0 DRK in terms of complexity. TBN is not only unforgiving in its activation but also the fact that it's now always a gain when used means that a DRK is already way more active than WAR or PLD. As opposed to 3.0 DRK which was more or less, save MP for aoe shit, everything else more or less doesn't matter besides for DA/DM because your MP gain was so slow that MP optimization was basically not DAing when you know you need to DA/DM or pick up adds.
>>
>>383519836
Actually, if you build so much of one magic that the crystal on the balance gauge turns bluish purple or white, then the lower mana becomes super hard to build

Other than that, not really any many punishing mechanics
>>
>>383520050
>take away stoneskin so they can "give" us divine benis which is worse in every way
>>
>>383519886
┐(‘~`)┌
>>
>>383519503
MCH seems really fun this xpac but I've avoided leveling it just because everyone is saying it's shit at max
>>
>>383519809
>filename
>no google search

Did you fucking resize this?
>>
>>383520092
Still means that one of them was fucking
>>
i wish there was a way shit static members could just leave
>>
File: high.jpg (168KB, 1040x586px) Image search: [Google]
high.jpg
168KB, 1040x586px
>countdown goes to 2 seconds
>RDM hardcasts his cute 5s spell like a dutiful boy
>the boss goes over and slaps his ass while the tank curses his ancestor
>swagger up to the boss while the comedy unfolds around me
>leisurely unsheathe my opener
>2 on the enmity list and 1 in the parses
lmao
>>
File: 1480185058132.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480185058132.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>383519201
>>
>>383519809
is it just me or does that woman has the face of an elezen
>>
>>383520267
It's called telling them they're shit and being replaced anon
>>
>>383520020

DRK got the hard tanking role they wanted. PLDwhiners gets the effortless babs class they wanted too. WAR gets nerfed. Yoshi is a god.
>>
>>383520303
Was the tank afk?
>>
>>383520338
>Piercing Talon
lol
>>
Please buff BLM numbers to be above SAM numbers while turreting, thanks Yoshi.
>>
>>383519331
All the tanks are equally 123 and I'm afraid that if you think there's a difference in complexity between 'every third combo you replace 3 with 4' and 'once or twice a combo you hit 4 before 2 or 4 before 3' then calling anything braindead for you is kind of a throwing stones, glass houses kind of thing.
>>
>>383519640
There's also some fixes happening before savage and we'll know some this Saturday
>>
>>383520204
Can you get inside the building?
>>
Friend wants me to play this game with him, how is it? Also how does it work? Monthly pay? Buy to Play? Does it have cash shop? Do I need to individually buy all expansions?
>>
>>383518958
Hilarious. So why did they nerf the damage on Unleash and then give us shitty Quietus?
>>
File: 1434743933386.jpg (75KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
1434743933386.jpg
75KB, 300x269px
>>383520532
On your knees black mage. My basic combo outshines even your most powerful attacks.
>>
>>383519640
People hate WAR and SCH now because the jobs feel like shit to play now.
>>
>>383520594
It's shit with a terrible community and they jew you. Just pick up any co-op game and enjoy your life.
>>
Holy shit this game is fucking dead.
>>
>>383520580
No, just like the Garlean consulate it is just an empty box that you can't go inside of.
>>
>>383520594
Monthly fee + base game + latest expansion which includes the older one too. There is cash shop, but it's mostly cosmetics and not too many of those ether, imho.
>>
>>383520401
The thing if you make class hard to play you reward it more for playing that way. With DRK you literally put twice the effort for same result. This concept seems to be very alien to yoshi at large. MCH suffers from same shit, it is aids to play properly and even if you do your thing perfectly you are still rock bottom dps.
>>
>>383520594
Buying stormblood gets you HW, there's a 60 dollar pack for all of them, you can use a monthly sub (12bux) or game time cards, it has a cash shop but isn't pay to win like korean mmos.

There is a free trial up to level 35.
>>
File: 1456149383992.gif (1MB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
1456149383992.gif
1MB, 800x597px
>>383520783
>Monthly fee + base game + latest expansion + cash shop

Holy mother of all jews.
>>
>>383520650
They are boring as fuck to play, but people honestly think they're incapable of handling EX Primals and can't keep up with other jobs.
>>
>>383520720
compared to what other MMO
>>
File: 1412862137863.png (15KB, 504x566px) Image search: [Google]
1412862137863.png
15KB, 504x566px
>>383520908
Don't forget your level boost and story skip as well (each sold separately!)
>>
>>383520908
don't forget you have a small inventory and you need to pay money for more space
>>
>>383520594
Monthly sub of 12 dollars (unless you want 8 characters per server instead of one, no reason though, you can level every class on one character)

You purchase the base game and the newest expansion seperately, every previous xpac comes with the newest one so no worries

Game has optional services like changing race, world, name etc. Along with other items that are purely cosmetic that you can buy with real money

There are also boosts you can buy to level 1 class to level 60 and/or to skip the main story quests, the catch here is that you can only buy one of each per account
>>
>>383519809
That guy on the left looks like he gets laid on the regular, so there's that.
>>
>>383520650
I'm lvling my SCH now and found that the best way to play it is to almost never use adloq/succor.
>>
>>383519201
Would you prefer OCD button mashing of the same button multiple times per second instead?
>>
>>383521031

You can't buy more backpack space, what are you talking about
>>
>>383520908
Don't forget to upgrade to the collector's edition for items that boost exp and exclusive mounts!
>>
>>383521162

lots of people prefer samurai already
>>
File: 1497031707215.jpg (39KB, 405x294px) Image search: [Google]
1497031707215.jpg
39KB, 405x294px
>>383505726
There's more incoming damage in SB and makes bad tanks all the more noticeable. You should only dps as a tank if you know what you're doing. Most don't. Their wanna be dps personality causes a lot of problems.
>>
>>383521234
Mounts all function exactly the same, they're just cosmetic
>>
>>383521216
You can rent (monthly fee) more retainers
>>
File: wow raiding.jpg (618KB, 1214x985px) Image search: [Google]
wow raiding.jpg
618KB, 1214x985px
>>383521162
I prefer my MMOs like this.
>>
>>383520839

>With DRK you literally put twice the effort for same result.

For the same DPS sure but it's not just damage, it's mitigation too. DRK is the most active and they're by far the best MT of the three roles. As far as I'm concerned, DRK is already performing really well with PLD and it's not even as if TBN is hard to pop. 10% on a teammate is nothing. The lightest aoe breaks it , god forbid you pay attention to cast names that aren't a buster.
>>
>>383521314
How exactly does that help with anything other than hoarding glamour items you'll never use?
>>
>>383521314
You get two for free and if you're a horrible hoarder then yeah get fucked on inventory space.

>>383521297
I honestly think the bosses hit that hard partially because tenacity is broken sadly. Neat on paper, but they just transfferred parry scaling to it.

>>383521404
Can't talk sense to the glam sluts
>>
>>383521325
Seriously though the reason I never tried WoW is cause it looks ugly as shit
>>
>>383521404
More stuff you can sell too
>>
>>383521281
there's no button mashing of the same button multiple times per second. sam gameplay is about doing different things until you get 3 weeb emblems

>mashing shinten without weaving
i seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
File: WHAT THE FUG.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUG.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
>>383521325
>all that shit
>for fucking TotC
>>
>>383521338
Or he could just play paladin, shit out dps and mitigation like all of his namedays have come at once, instead of putting in 10x effort for 0.5x reward
>>
>>383521325
Is it bad that i can identify all the information in that image?

Makes me think it's not as complicated as you meme it to be or something, hmm
>>
>>383521297
t. Someone who has never actually tanked in this game.

Please fuck off.
>>
>>383521404
>more space for mats
>more marketboard sellers
>more ventures
>>
>>383511210
Or you could just have your abilities organized this way:
1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8>9>0>C+1>C+2>C+3>C+4>C+5>C+6

:^)
>>
File: 1497712102860.png (499KB, 713x584px) Image search: [Google]
1497712102860.png
499KB, 713x584px
>>383519201
>2.5
>still clip everything because commiefornia
>>
>>383521575
I have all tanks at 70. Nice try.
>>
>>383521480
You can only sell a maximum of 30 seperate items or stacks on the market board at any given time, you can hold more than that in just your inventory
>>
>>383521543
it means that you have autism
>>
File: 1494367897613.webm (2MB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1494367897613.webm
2MB, 480x368px
>tfw when phase 2 shinryu begins
i cant get tired of it bros
>>
>>383520338
Why the fuck is he using piercing talon
>>
>>383520626
Well Quietus was designed with a really powerful version of Blood Price in mind. If you look at the tooltips from that media event, Blood Price was not only giving the old amount of MP (40 MP potency; now it's down to 10), but it was also giving 5 Blood per incoming hit, and not this horseshit "1 per hit, 4 per server tick" that it gives now.

With that version of Blood Price, you'd be generating enough Blood to use Quietus every other GCD on an average double-pull, and every GCD on a big pull, and every time you got enough Blood for a Quietus, you'd also be getting enough MP for two Dark Arts, so every single Quietus would be DA, and you'd have enough MP left over to use DA AD in between Quietus uses, you could use Blackest Night on cooldown and not notice that the MP was gone, and you'd STILL have too much MP so you'd blow your excess on DA Dark Passenger (this is why the cost of DP is so high).

They nerfed Blood Price into the ground at the last possible minute before launch, even though every single part of DRK's AoE kit (including mitigation, since DA AD is supposed to be their answer to not having many cooldowns) relied on Blood Price generating shitloads of MP.
>>
>>383521894
>healer dies because they never have to perform mechanics til now and doesn't mash through the qte
>>
>>383521768
>STILL assblasted after all this time
I'll never tire of watching Eastern Americans tears.
>>
>>383521297
>There's more incoming damage in SB and makes bad tanks all the more noticeable.
no
>>
>>383521884

Yes anon, it's not that you're retarded, i just have autism for being more cognitively capable then you

Excellent mental gymnastics anon, bravo
>>
SAM feels great once you unlock 62 and Kenki Mastery 2.
>>
>>383521325
There are people on private servers playing with a identical looking UI right now.
>>
>>383521507

Or he could just run the best MT and not be a bleeding pussy because of "muh effort." If you were actually good at the game, most classes run on similar scales of optimization, unless you're RDM/MNK lmao.
>>
>>383521768
Stay mad and irrelevant as always least coast
>>
>>383521575
Not that guy but I don't think it's higher than usual incoming damage but like 80% of df tanks don't know how to use cooldowns or understand that you can't pull to the gate at any of the leveling or expert dungeons and then drop your tank stance because everyone isn't overgeared for everything and you'll die. DRKs are the worst with it, it's like they don't have cds at all
>>
>>383522016
lalafell specific rotation
>>
WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE BARELY ANY BUILDINGS/HOUSES YOU CAN ENTER IN STORMBLOOD AREAS? I FUCKING LOVE INTERIORS
>>
File: 1499443156397.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499443156397.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>383521894
>play SAM
>2nd DPS
>don't notice it because I'm expecting the Offtank to be #2
>MT walks towards me and I wonder why
>Get hit by Akh Morns
>my face when
>>
>>383522172
>it's okay for one class to blatantly outshine the others, you just need to git gud!
Ok bud
>>
>>383516217
>But, the worst 50-60 quests are White Mage
Are they really that bad? I found them mediocre - not really fun, but I've had worse quests.
>>
File: 1496350348032.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496350348032.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>crit is now worse than direct hit and determination for everyone but bard.

I hope you didn't meld crit VIs to all your gear. Because if you did, you fucked up.
>>
>>383522230
32 bit client limitations, no joke. Even though they dropped PS3 support they still have to cater to people playing on toasters with less than 4GB of RAM.
>>
>>383505726
>join Lakshmi "farm"
>get marked during chanchala which is a death sentence for dps even if you pop a vril
>die
>repeat that same scenario across different groups and different tanks despite me religiously using diversion on cooldown
Sure PF is not an indication of good players but it's probably an indication of the average in this game. Average tank has no idea when to dps and when to do his actual fucking job.
>>
>>383522065
>>383522179
>still defending this terrible move that fucked over more than half the playerbase
How does yoshi cum taste like
>>
>>383522195
Because one CD is basically useless unless you know the damage is magic damage, like DADM is good when you're pulling two of the starting pulls in Mettle, otherwise it's not great for other dungeons, since we only have Rampart, Shadow Wall, Conva, and depending on the person, Awareness. Can't use DAAD as mitigation anymore due to blood price nerf.
>>
>>383522230
PS4 rimitations
>>
>>383522118
It went from a midare buildup class with awkward on-and-off kaiten usage to "FUCK gcd: the game". Gets even better at 68
Started the expac with RDM and literally dropped it like it's hot once I got my SAM to 62. Fuck, even my old, non-cuckshedded main doesn't feel as engaging anymore. They got everything right with SAM gameplay
>>
>>383522330
W-why is crit bad?
>>
>>383522330
>crit
>worse than det
Lol no
>>
>>383522179
Most of the US population is on the east coast :D
>>
How different is DRG at 70 compared o 60? Because I've been doing potd and it's all about blood of the dragon, activating bfb and disembowel before you press lifesavered full/chaos thrust and proceed to use fang/wheeling, jump, spineshatter, geirskogul. I mean it's fun, but I wonder how much it changes afterwards.
>>
File: 1434958333681.gif (2MB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1434958333681.gif
2MB, 250x194px
>>383506056
Where do you see Rick? You piece of white shit
>>
File: backthatup.jpg (15KB, 206x180px) Image search: [Google]
backthatup.jpg
15KB, 206x180px
>>383522360
Is there any actual data which indicates that this negatively impacted a majority of the US playerbase, aside from your individual complaint? I'm looking for solid data here.
>>
>>383522403
Yup.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6mfffh/with_reference_to_stat_values/
>>
>>383522360
It tastes just as good as my sub 20 ms, least coaster
>>
>>383522281

https://www.fflogs.com/statistics/15/#class=Tanks&dataset=99

I forget /v/ lives in its little bubble where DRK/WAR are 50% dps behind PLD and SCH/AST isn't the standard comp for 90% of all speedruns and SCH is incapable of healing brayflox normal at level 70 because its so bad.
>>
>>383522402
It scales worse until you reach 2200+. Which you won't be able for a long time.
>>
>>383522330
Wrong AI fag. DH > Crit > Det.
You really should go reread that reddit post
>>
>>383522394
I really like RDM too honestly. MNK is still my main though.
>>
why does the tank keep coming to me for akh morn?

im a dps
>>
>>383522417
And yet my statement is still true
>>
>>383522598
You should reread it.
>>
>>383521507
Paladin's self-mitigation is actually pretty bad. Their party mitigation skills are fantastic and they shit out damage, but they're probably even more reliant on Block for their mitigation than Dark Knight is reliant on Blackest Night, despite the fact that Sheltron is generally weaker and their other Block cooldowns have equally bad downsides.

If every tankbuster in Savage is magical, or if SE decides to give Dark Mind the Block treatment and just make it a universal cooldown, then Paladin is the squishiest tank by a pretty wide margin, and would pretty much be taken as the designated Off-Tank.
>>
>>383522518
All it says is that

Direct Hit > Crit > Determination

You get 1% more damage every 170 points while you get 1% Crit chance every 108 points.
>>
>>383522598
>reddit
lmao no
>>
File: 1496876133013.png (78KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496876133013.png
78KB, 600x500px
>>383522598
>Critical Strikes is better than Determination per point at 2524(+2160)

Are we reading the same thread? It's only better until you reach that threshold.
>>
>>383521338
Mitigation was never a problem in XIV, like literally never, gear checks on mitigation is lacks as fuck, if not outright nonexistent, not to mention that DRK is still largely inferior to PLD even in that regard.
>>
>>383522498
Are you stupid? There is nothing west coast beside commiefornia and mountains. The new servers fucked the east coast and canada and changed nothing for central us. Worst coast was everyone nightmare scenario and it happened, only to save money, damn the quality.
>>
>>383518908
What leaks senpai?
>>
>>383507090
>tfw always the maleRoe in a party of lalafels

Should I just fantasia myself into a pint-sized memelord?
>>
>>383522656
see >>383522264
>>
>>383522759

They also can't block when casting Holy Spirit
>>
>>383522339
>>383522389
ruined.
>>
>>383522498
Assuming FFXIV players are distributed the in a similar pattern as the US population, most people live on the East Coast so most US players would also be there. Wheather 100-120ms from 20-50ms is considered as "negatively impacting" is a contentious point among the player-base. This gets worse if you also factor in Canadians who are also more concentrated on the east coast and a part of the region the data centers are supposed to service, and even worse if you consider South Americans, though that's not really relevant.
>>
>>383522230
Most people don't bother with them. It's a waste of development time.
>>
>>383522950
>should I downgrade into a memelord
I think the fuck not
>>
>>383522808
Nigga it only breaks down how much more you get out of the points. Doesn't change the fact that Crit is still the better stat to invest in due it's nature to increase your damage by 35%
>>
>>383522815

t. Creator player

>dark mind
>15s 20% shield

Yeah DRK's mitigation was never good.
>>
>>383522883
>changed nothing for central us
Wrong, my ping lowered and my anecdotal evidence is just as valid as yours
East coast is the balmung of the US
>>
>>383522950
No.
The cuteness wears off and starts becoming annoying. Just fantasia one of your retainers.

t. elezen that fantasia'd to lala and ended up going back
>>
File: 1495199873306.gif (1MB, 156x216px) Image search: [Google]
1495199873306.gif
1MB, 156x216px
>players so dumb they need guides for everything
>including what normal raid loot to get in which week
>>
>>383522794
You can't go by that because det is constant increased damage while crit only benefits you when you do crit.
>>
>>383522953
yeah but why
>>
>>383522950
>All male Au ra party and c@girl tank
>c@: Teehee one of you should be the tank technically
>>
>>383523095
It's pretty bad form to be condescending to someone while also getting everything wrong.

Dark Mind has a 10s duration, not 15s, and is never a 20% mitigation skill; it's 15% without Dark Arts, and 30% with Dark Arts.
>>
File: 1494638890400.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1494638890400.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>383507390
>>
>>383523096
Most of west coast is balmung since they only care about homo shit and housing.
>lowered
By what? Like 20? Mine increased by 100, I have better ping on the eu data center than on my own, the move was pants on head retarded, you can't defend it, all posts defending it are shitposts.
>>
File: Future Expansions.png (32KB, 802x258px) Image search: [Google]
Future Expansions.png
32KB, 802x258px
Did Yoshida leak all his expansions already?
>>
>>383523021
>>383522883
I will repeat myself. Do you have anything aside from an assumption to reinforce your claim? For all we know the FFXIV base are not equally distributed among the population. And even if they were, you act like your problems would be universally affecting all of them. I have an anecdote of my own: I live in the east coast, used to have to use pingzapper to even stay connected to the game. But I don't have to do that now the datacenter moved. But this claim, it's equally silly as yours.
>>
>>383522759

PLD can also block magical damage so I doubt they'll be the squishest but you're right in that they are the optimal OT for >>383522964 reason as well as DRK performing better on the MT role.
>>
>>383522352
susan ex is better because like 75% of the time the healers are the first to drop because they fucked up a mechanic
tanks are even worse except they have the hp/defense to cover their fuckups
>>
>>383519639
>>383520050
WHM and BLM shields are only in this game because they didn't want to throw out the 1.0 assets for them, since "shield dude" was originally a sub class in that game.
>>
File: well-fitting.jpg (81KB, 956x298px) Image search: [Google]
well-fitting.jpg
81KB, 956x298px
Wow, Alphy. Perv much?
>>
>>383523293
That's pretty amazing.
>>
>>383523252

>thinking 15s 20% shield isn't TBN

Do I really need to spell it out. 15 second cd self-shield of 20% of DRK's hp. It's almost like you've never played DRK.
>>
>>383522883
Hello Ontario residing fucktard
>>
>>383523398
there's thousands of speculations about the expansions, at least 1 of them has to be right
>>
>>383522950
If you don't care about glamour lalalife is pretty good. You will never obstruct quest objectives or interactables, or enemies by your body.
>>
File: 2312121412.jpg (19KB, 274x228px) Image search: [Google]
2312121412.jpg
19KB, 274x228px
>>383523206
It increases roughly 4.5% if you meld everything with Det VI, if you do the same with Crit you get 7% out of it. 7% Crit seems much more profitable than justhard 4.5% damage.
>>
>>383523297
West coast only benefit the west coast, east coast benefited east coast, europe, canada and south america.
The old servers were trash, but now its the location that's trash.
>>
>>383523579
But isn't DH just better than both?
>>
>>383523095
Point is having better mitigation over certain point doesn't fucking matter. It is binary check, you have mitigation or don't.
>>
>>383522883
>There is nothing west coast beside commiefornia and mountains

And what does the east coast offer besides being poor and irrelevancy?
>>
>>383523645
Yes
>>
>>383523279
All I'm hearing from you is waah I'm slow and have the motor skills of an invalid
>shit infrastructure and over populated
East coast is definitely balmung
>>
>>383523345
He's like 17, it would be weird if he didn't notice
>>
Direct Hit is stupidly strong

You direct hit twice as often as you crit and crit only does like 20% more damage.
>>
>>383523564
Just disable clicking on self, it's only sort of useful if you're a healer and have click to remove target turned off.

You probably shouldn't need the latter unless you're like me and can't fucking stop clicking to move the camera 2 degrees every couple seconds.
>>
>>383523337
At least I don't directly pay for it. The reason I hate doing Lakshmi in PF is because I'm always the one paying for the offtanks incompetency.

In susano they can fuck up all they want as long as they kill me when I'm gaol'ed I'm fine, even if we wipe it's not as frustrating as getting wrekt in Lakshmi.
>>
File: 1499489749671.jpg (79KB, 933x541px) Image search: [Google]
1499489749671.jpg
79KB, 933x541px
>>383523345
>Alphinaud probably has a secret stash of Yshtola porn
>>
>>383523847
>you are now imagining that Alphy is probably jerking it multiple times a day being constantly surrounded by much older women who tease him relentlessly
Thread posts: 448
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.