[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elder Scrolls Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Elder-Scrolls-Online.jpg (2MB, 2120x1192px) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-Online.jpg
2MB, 2120x1192px
You told me this game was garbage /v/
Why is it good?
>>
File: eso64_2017-07-10_13-01-16.jpg (242KB, 1948x924px) Image search: [Google]
eso64_2017-07-10_13-01-16.jpg
242KB, 1948x924px
Except for this lady, she's fucking terrible
The rest of the game is pretty good though
>>
It's not good.

If you've never played an MMO you might enjoy the multi-player aspect of an elder scrolls game but if you're an mmo vet ESO just serves to frustrate you.

Limited action bars and forcing you to cherry pick abilities is terrible design.

Giving you 3 stats that only serve to bait noobs into spreading points out is bad design.

Making the armor types hard locked into your role is bad design (Heavy = Tank, Medium = Stamdps, Light = Magdps/healer there are no exceptions except in meme builds).

Making certain weapons only regen stamina or magika means you're hardlocked into one or the other depending if you're a magdps or stamdps. There is no reason to use the other.

All in all this means that there's about 10000 builds but only 1% of them are viable and not completely retarded. So much for play how you want.

Then you have the world and the content points on it. Fun exactly once. Then after that it's just a laundry list of run to the icons. Skyshards are awful design as well. Fun exactly once, once again. Then it's a chore to hit them all up on another character.

Then you have other ridiculous shit like respeccing. New players will do everything wrong. EVERYTHING. There's a respec for your stat points, for your skill morphs, and your skills. But if you reset your skills it resets everything, hope you remember exactly how many passives you had in all your lines!

The combat is weightless and the UI doesn't know it's an MMO. It's the most casual form of mmo for people who have never played an mmo and don't know any better. Do yourself a favor and play something else in the long run.
>>
>>383502443
Got it about a month ago and haven't skipped a day playing it.
>>
>>383503282
>It's the most casual form of mmo for people who have never played an mmo and don't know any better
Fits well with Skyrim then, which was its target audience
>>
>>383503282
Pretty much this.

It's a terrible MMO, and it's lackluster as an Elder Scrolls title. The UI doesnt support mmo mechanics, and coming from mythic raiding in WoW, with an apropriate UI, ESO basically made me shake my head. No reliable way to track buffs and debuffs. The UI is Elder Scrolls, the combat is pure mmo, hiden behind an Elder Scrolls mask. It's not good as mmo combat, it's not good as elder scrolls combat.

The only pro to the game is that if you're a seasoned high end MMO vet, you can create some really cool builds that actually work. IE Nightblade drain tank.

>>383504081
>not modding skyrim into the most hardcore of hardcore games
>>
>>383504207
>ESO basically made me shake my head. No reliable way to track buffs and debuffs. The UI is Elder Scrolls, the combat is pure mmo,
The game officiall supports add-ons which fix almost all of these problems

Also
>implying Skyrim can be modded into a good game

ESO might be relatively shallow, but the quests are literally leaps and bounds ahead of Skyrim
>>
File: 6a2.png (565KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
565KB, 600x610px
>WoW babies mad that ESO isn't just WoW again
>>
Does it have free mouse look or the classic mmo click and drag bullshit?
Might buy it in 5-10 years time when you can download 85 GB in less than an hour.
>>
>>383505695
free mouse look, it controls mostly like a regular elder scrolls games and you can play in either first or third person, but honestly while first person looks a little cooler you pretty much always play in 3rd person just so you can see whats going on around you
>>
>>383505017
They got dragon dogma in a mmo format they can do skyrim. Thing is Zenimax is big business with no gamers managing it. Its why fallout 4 was uninspired trash. People that made eso didnt even make skyrim.

Honestly you better off getting a vipn and playing dragon dogma online with its translation nuisances. THAT is how much a disappointment ESO is.
>>
>>383502443
Needs a global marketplace.
I enjoyed it but that is a dealbreaker for me.
>>
>>383505963
>They got dragon dogma in a mmo format they can do skyrim
ESO is unironically better than Skyrim
>>
The new morrowind area sounds neat.
>>
>>383506110
Yeah, this is kind of a pain in the ass. I get what they were going for with the guild traders, but its a fucking slog going from one to another just trying to find the one thing you want, and even if you do find it there is no guarantee that its not just some memer faggot charging a shitload
>>
>>383506238
>>383506110
The one thing that really bummed me out was the unkillable town guards. On paper it makes sense, but originally they wanted to do a system where the guards could be killed, but players of opposing factions would see your current bounty, and if they killed you they would be able to collect on it.

It might have been more frustrating since getting caught committing crimes means you'll have actual players on your ass looking for cash, but it would be so much cooler that I wouldn't even mind
>>
>>383503282
>Limited action bars and forcing you to cherry pick abilities is terrible design.
I actually like this a lot, the only shitty thing is having to swap between the two 5 skill bars.

Being limited to 10 means builds are more focused around their chosen skills though, and you don't have to worry about other people in PvP having 30 different abilities lined up with stupid macros
>>
I thought it was pretty fun for the first 20 levels or so until you have your action bars filled up. After that the combat stagnates and there's nothing new ever.
>>
>>383502443
I always enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood questline in and Elder Scrolls game more than anything else. How is the Dark brotherhood of ESO?
>>
>>383506680
Better than Skyrim, worse than Oblivion and Morrowind.
Quite frankly, everything in ESO is better than Skyrim
>>
File: C_luRxUV0AICXGY.jpg large.jpg (29KB, 540x613px) Image search: [Google]
C_luRxUV0AICXGY.jpg large.jpg
29KB, 540x613px
>>383506737
>Quite frankly, everything in ESO is better than Skyrim

>that main quest
>that final area in Cold Harbour
>>
>>383506796
The final battle against Molag Bal made my dick hard.
>>
Is it subscription based or one time pay?
>>
>>383506985
You don't need to sub at all. And it is actually completely unless you want to be a crafting fag. And crafting is only kind of useful.
>>
>>383506985
one time. i was subscription but that abandoned it long ago
>>
>>383506985
You pay once, and you should really just get it on G2A instead of paying full price. I got it for like $5 a year or two ago, it might have gone up in price a bit since the Morrowind thing just released, but it can't be more than $20 at most

There is a sub, but all it does is give you access to the DLC instead of making you buy it and you get a crafting bag with infinite space which is really handy. You don't need any of these things, but personally I fucking love the crafting bag if only because it keeps clutter out of your inventory and cuts down on time spent going back to shops to sell shit. I think you get a 10% xp boost or something too, but nothing serious.

You could probably sub for one month and finish all the DLC to unlock the skill lines before it runs out, so you really shouldn't bother buying the DLC either.
>>
>>383502443
This is a great mmo, I played ffxi for 8 years and this to me was a worth successor for my time and money.

Really love this game a lot.
>>
Played this videogame since beta, still playing it everyday to this day. Ask me anything, I just wanna clear up any misconceptions you might or might not have.
>>
>>383506981
It was so much better than the fight with Alduin which felt more like a formality than an actual conclusion to a quest. A lot of quests in ESO are better than skyrim.
>>
>>383503282
>>383504207
Who says an MMO needs to be yet another WoW clone?
>>
>>383506985
you basically have to pay monthly or its considerably worse then vanilla skyrim with no mods. You won't be able to craft and locked out of content.
>>
>b2p game
>one of the most jewish casshops rivaling some f2p projects
>has sub that you really want, unless you want spend extra hours of inventory management on top of existing ridiculos inventory management
>sub implies you get all dlc, but somehow Morrowind isn't dlc
>retarded amount of maintanence, don't expect you will play on mondays if you're in EU zone and add some extra days to that
>a lot of frustrating bugs, dungeon finder absolutely broken, despite every patch notes saying it's fixed
>balance team is garbage, far beyond blizzard incompetence levels, at least for pve part
>retarded champion system, even developers don't know how to deal with it anymore
>ah, yes, if you're new to game, don't expect being capped when you hit 50 with your character, you have 160 more champion levels before you can start building your character into anything, because items that drop scale with champion levels and worthless until this level
>no token system for pve drops, which ypu will need for pve too, enjoy getting that item that drops amongst others and having propper rng trait on them

despite people saying combat is bad, I enjoyed it, but game has too many frustrating moments, mostly caused by complete developers incompetence
>>
>>383507527
Crafting isn't that helpful desu, unless you sell consumables in a guild trader or need gear to level your character up. Most endgame/lategame content will have your gear be from dungeons and trials anyway.
>>
>>383507527
>locked out of content.
You can buy gold edition, which includes everything except two shitty dungeons and Morrowind.
Morrowind isn't included with subs anyway, because fucking jews.
>>
>>383507527
>You won't be able to craft and locked out of content.
you can craft just fine, you just can't craft EVERYTHING without your inventory being full all the time, and the only thing you're locked out of is the DLC shit which you can buy separately from a sub, but its cheaper to just sub once and hammer it all out in that one month.
>>
>>383507527
Literally everything you said is wrong. There is a sliver of truth, but you really don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>383507326
The end of the main quest of ESO would have been better even without the Molag Bal fight

That whole fucking Cold Harbour region was radical as fuck, in Skyrim all you got was a fucking twisty corridor leading you to the lamest final boss in videogame history
>>
>>383503282
This desu
The only people that I know who play this is my dad and hes a Skyrim fan and its his first mmo ever
>>
>>383509684
>The stupid fucks will never continue the main story about a large scale daedric war.
>>
>>383509824
>and its his first mmo ever
How many people actually bother playing multiple MMOs?
They're such a huge time sink that getting into a new one is almost out of the question unless the first one you played is absolute trash and you didn't realize it or the game completely dies and you're playing alone.
>>
Real Talk:
Which DLC was the best overall?
Between quests, skill lines, rewards, characters,
Which one was just the best?
>>
>>383510134
Orsinium is probably objectively the best.
Dark Brotherhood is fun simply because dagger of woe assassinations are hilarious.
>>
>bland designs
>boring as fuck combat
>balancing shit for MMOs means no fun allowed like in actual elder scrolls games
>literally like 4 voice actors for the entire fucking game enjoy hearing that same guy every town you go to
>>
>>383510229
Orsinium would have been a fuck of a lot better if that obnoxious wood elf wasn't a main character
>>
>>383510290
>literally like 4 voice actors for the entire fucking game
Nice oblivion meme
>>
>>383510428
Every other NPC is Steve Blum, fuck off
>>
>>383506164
Can I be an 8ft tall horse dick futa who fucks horses in ESO? No? Then you are wrong, sir.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>383510612
>Skyrim is a good game because I can jack off to janky models that I've posed
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.