[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Ff8_logo.png (283KB, 650x529px) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283KB, 650x529px
is this a good game?
>>
No. By almost no metric is it good. You could argue that the GF system and junctioning had potential but as is in 8 they kinda feel more tedious than they're worth and make every character feel exactly the same which sucks. Draw system is shit, the story and characters are garbage, Triple Triad is more of a management sim than a card game, most of the boss fights are pretty lame even, it's weak.
>>
Its fantastic. The best ff. The music, atmosphere, mystery, card game, exploits etc. Its just a great experience over all even if It has a few short comings
>>
>>383501056
It's the best one. /v/ will tell you it's bad but it's actually the most intelligent, well thought out and replayable FF.

Anyone on /v/ who thinks this game is bad probably just got intimidated by the junction system, and I bet those people unironically listen to Rammstein and drink Mountain Dew so fuck them
>>
>>383501385
>Triple Triad is more of a management sim
???
>>
It's my favorite, and I'll combat any counter points anyone has.
>>
I'm playing it right now
I like it
I've never killed Omega weapon, so im planning to do that now
>>
IV was terrible, in every way a step down from 3, and VI was unbalanced and easy. VIII was good, built on everything the previous game did thematically, and remained challenging the entire time thanks to level scaling. FFfags on /v/ have shit bandwagon taste.
>>
>>383502371
Aura, Holy War, Renzokuken, Lion Heart.

I don't even think I needed a second Holy War.
>>
>>383501056
It's an entertaining trainwreck that you keep watching to see if more trains arrive, worth at least one playthrough.

>>383502117
>well thought out
Is dis nigga serious? Giving the player access to card-ifying and card refining near the very start was full retard.
Not even getting into the first mission grading system punishing the player for exploring the world and the people in it in a goddamn roleplaying game.
>>
>>383501056
I think either Final Fantasy Agito or Trails of Cold Steel managed the military school setting better.
It's an interesting idea but in 8 it only really matters for the first disc or so and then the plot goes off the rails entirely.
>>
>>383501056
It is my favorite in the series to be honest.

Couldnt stand rinoa tho, squall should have banged Quistis
>>
>>383502679
Yeah but i remembered that when i wanted to kill him all my characters were lvl 100, so it's was imposible for me to beat him
Now im gonna just lion heart him to death without having lvl 100
>>
>>383501056
No, but it had a good game inside of it
>>
>>383501056
Yes. Is it the best? No
Imo it has the best OST though and optional content, dungeons, summons, towns, mini game etc.
>>
>>383502117
I like ff8, listen to rammstein, and hate mountain dew, fuck you.
>>
>>383501056
>first JRPG I played
>"this is interesting, cool story"
>random encounter
>"oh, that's fun."
>random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter random encounter
>"fuck that, I'm out"
>>
>>383504797
You know before the first disc is even finished you could easily learn an ability that would reduce all your random encounters by half, not to mention his follow up ability if you're really committed which would remove ALL random encounters.
>>
Squall is great until the story kills him and makes him love rinoa for no reason at all. Very grindy and the story has too many plot turns.
>>
>>383505510
>and makes him love rinoa for no reason at all
True, true, but it's not like Squall didnt know Rinoa had a crush on him, he knew that.
So he perfectly could have fallen for her now she was in a coma. That happens all time, "you never know what you have till you lost it"
>>
"Whatever"
>>
>>383505510
Hormonal teens falling in love with girls who give them attention? No way.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.