[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did this game sell over 30 million copies? I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: poster-d3-46c200b091edc276.jpg (19KB, 164x280px) Image search: [Google]
poster-d3-46c200b091edc276.jpg
19KB, 164x280px
How the fuck did this game sell over 30 million copies?

I can understand a game like Skyrim becoming this popular with normies with all the memes and viral marketing floating around even to this day, but Diablo 3 was universally shitted on by users for the whole of it's lifetime and even the expansion was considered mediocre.
>>
It sold on the name of the previous two entries.
>>
>>383497397
Done and done.
>>
>>383497397
this

its a lot like coca cola in mexico

while the name is the same, the flavor is different
>>
People actually think the game is fine now. I haven't played it so I'll take their word for it. The release was a shitshow for sure, but I'm sure it's fine now.
>>
>>383497397
but the previous entries didn't sold nearly as much as D3 did

diablo sold like 2.5 million copies while d2 sold like 10
>>
>>383497589
>the game is fine now
that's a huge exeggeration. The gameplay isn't balanced around buying items with real money anymore but pretty much anything else is left unchanged, just more of the same shitty content was dumped on the game

also the game sold like hotcakes even before any real fixes hit it
>>
>>383497356
Sales. PC gamers tend to buy shit and not play it. It was and is a genuinely popular game. You need basegame to get RoS.
>>
>>383497493
But Mexican Coca-Cola is superior to American Coca-Cola, because it uses real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup
>>
blizzcucks will eat literally anything blizzard shits onto their plates
>>
>>383497356
i bought it just to piss you off. glad to see it worked.
>>
>>383497356
blizzard audience +
diablo 2 hype
pretty obvious
plus the demo was fun
>>
>>383497356
>>383497603
It sold on the same basis as Skyrim. People who liked the previous entries in the series talked about it and hyped it up and then normies picked up on it and went with the flow.

Before D3 came out there was a deluge of posts in every type of social media regarding the game of people praising it and calling it the best game ever and shit. And again, this was before the game was even out and these were claims made by people who had never played Diablo previously and were just feeding of the hype of actual fans.

Basically, people memed the game into relevancy by being stupid. Same as with Skyrim.
>>
>>383497603
The previous games didn't hit the mainstream like video game market does nowadays.

Think of how many normies buy video games now because they heard of it thanks to Normiebook or other shit websites and they wanna be popular too. I heard lots of time "yo, you buying this game they say is the shit?".
>>
>>383499074
>the demo was fun
your average modern /v/tard
>>
>>383498643
Really?
>>
File: 1452645859894.jpg (39KB, 636x651px) Image search: [Google]
1452645859894.jpg
39KB, 636x651px
>>383498186
popular on what, PS4? I just bought D3+RoS and finished RoS the other day at level 70, only encountered two people the whole time. after unlocking adventure mode, I changed to each difficulty to see how many people were playing at that time

highest on any was like 22 on Torment VI

I played Diablo 1 after 2, and played 2+LoD on release but D3 always turned me off, and now having played it, I'm justified

at least there's Median XL and PoE
>>
>>383497397

But the previous two didn't sell half of D3's sales. It's not a great explanation
>>
>>383499298
?
all you could garner from the open beta was whether or not you disliked the environment up to the Skeleton King
it's universally agreed that the combat systems are a stark improvement to Diablo 2--however the depth also could not be decided in such a time
>>
>>383499395
yes, you uncultured fuck
>>
>>383499538
None of TES games came close to the level of sales that Skyrim had. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1187583439604.png (387KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1187583439604.png
387KB, 800x800px
>>383498824
It's really this. Overwatch is a terrible game, and Blizzcucks can't stop eating it up.
>>
>>383499787

And?
>>
>>383499183
there is a huge difference tho

The amount of memes and free exposure Skryim was getting was insane, while Diablo3 hardly got more than most avarage AAA games.

People also liked Skyrim unlike they did with Diablo3. Did the huge fan backlash really didn't meant anything for the sales? Games like SFV got completely wrecked by it.
>>
>>383499835
Just imagine deluding yourself to believe all the games in this picture are overrated and bad.
>>
>>383499538
You have to take into consideration the millions of:

World of Warcraft players buying the next big blizzard game as well as DOTA and league of legends players as both of those game originated from warcraft 3s defense of the ancients custom player made maps.

Also starcraft one player made maps brought about the entire tower defense genre which was cemented in by warcraft 3s TDs. Duke winter maul, matrix TD, line TD, ect.

The Blizzard logo sells games and will continue to sell games.
>>
It's funny the other day I was thinking damn I haven't logged on to my battle.net account in weeks now and I have no interest to play any Blizzard game except StarCraft 2 just to play through the campaign again and then it hit me literally every single Blizzard game is a series of Skinner boxes it's all just grind for this grind for that and in the end after playing wow for 10 years off and on I'm fed up with that shit
>>
>>383497356
It sold because of Blizzard's name. I mean look at Overwatch, it sold a lot and it's still selling despite being a shit game.
>>
>>383497356
I never played the first or the second game. I bought D3 because i was curious. It was like the second coming on the internet really. It was really fun until lvl 36 when i finished the original campaign(didn't bother to buy the expac) but i didn't see the point of grinding just to get my numbers bigger. At least in WoW you have the illusion of participating in something social and it's not a isometric rpg.
>>
>>383499395
Yeah, that's true. It's a financial decision in both cases. Corn syrup is dirt cheap in the US, cane sugar is dirt cheap in Mexico. Coca-Cola only cares about their margin, so they use whatever sweetener they can buy in bulk. The flavor difference is notable.

I also prefer the cane sugar version when available.

>>383499667
>yes, you uncultured fuck
not sure drinking soda from another country qualifies as "culture", but sure.
>>
>>383502724
overwatch is what all league of legends kids moved to. Simply game that you have no fun with but is addicting as fuck if you have nothing better to do in your life
>>
>>383497356
I don't understand either. It doesn't matter which class you pick because they have the same moves just with different animations.

Also, it's a fuckin inventory management game. There's no point in picking up items because in 60 seconds you'll find something better. It just feels utterly pointless.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.