[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This needs to stop. Video games reviews are the fucking worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (42KB, 790x222px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 790x222px
This needs to stop.

Video games reviews are the fucking worst thing in the entire industry.
>>
>>383490060
It's ok, a shitton of shitters are stuck in the final boss fight.
Too bad that wasn't enough to keep them away from endgame trials/raids.
>>
>drink with a mate
>get home
>decide that the best thing to do right now is motherfucking Shinryuu
>kill him in one try with the group, it's basically only dodging shit anyway
>see people complain about that fucking fight everywhere
I will never get this
>>
>loot guides for easy mode raids
Pure autism.
>>
Yeah, im pretty sure they will complete the games to satisfy their "journalistic morality" (when those people dont even have a degree as journalists) rather than rush their reviews so they can publish them sooner and get more page views, so poor little anon can feel the world is right again.
>>
>>383490060
Isn't the Shinryu fight literally just four basic mechanics?
>don't stand in thing
>kill adds
>break tether
>don't move
What's everyone's issue with this shit?
>>
>>383491040
Shitters can't even handle two mechanics, let alone four of them.
>>
>>383490060
Hey I saw that dunkey video too!
>>
>>383490060
>review Crash Bandicoot
>admit at the end you only played less than half the content
>still allowed to score and publish

this industry has only gotten shittier since GG happened so it was literally worse than pointless, it had the opposite effect of making shitty journalists dig their heels in
>>
>>383491348
>Dunkey makes a video about something so now suddenly it's not true

What exactly is your logic here?
>>
>>383490060
MMO's shouldn't be reviewed anyway. It's impossible to do a good review in a quick amount of time for a game that lasts hundreds of hours and has constant updates and expansions.
>>
>>383491525

who gives a shit? It was the first push back in the world wide culture war and everyone gets any real reviews from youtube faggots anyway.
>>
>>383491662
Yeah I agree. You'd need to dedicate at least a good 2 months and finish the hardest version of the first end-game content for me to take your review seriously at all.
>>
>>383491040

Shinryu is a very intimidating presence is the thing. I'd say that makes him the third hardest encounter in the MSQ, behind Chrysalis and Steps of Faith.

Getting a new player to keep their cool when epic music is playing and fancy graphics are flying around is a mechanic in itself. Kinda like Titan HM, where you have to stand on some bombs to dodge other bombs. New players will panic and look for a safe spot, and take an explosion or two because of it
>>
>>383490060
Who is going to play a modern FF these days?

To completion no less
>>
>>383491847
You'd think people paid to do so, but guess not
>>
>>383491720
if nobody got their opinions from these gamejourno retards then they wouldn't be publishing articles anymore, because people wouldn't be reading them, but as i said, our "push back" actually just made the entire gaming press more and more insufferably bitter and resentful towards the people they shovel their garbage articles to.
>>
>>383490060
>no dancer is a negative
Fucking dancer fags.
>>
File: 20170706184320_1.jpg (15KB, 540x96px) Image search: [Google]
20170706184320_1.jpg
15KB, 540x96px
WOOOOW
>>
>>383491040
Dude, I was with a group of people who were trying to do min iLevel Sephirot EX and there were people who legit couldn't do the basic "stack DDs on left, healers and OT on right" mechanic. AFTER OVER 20 TRIES. Motherfucker literally couldn't grasp it. We tried afterward unsynched and these people still wiped when the Ein Sof + knockback dance started (which can be tricky, sure, but damn its unsynched).
>>
>>383491010
The idea of a journalism degree is so fucking stupid tbqh
These "people" aren't out there investigating leads and probing their subjects, they're analyzing tweets, rewriting news wires and publishing glorified press releases for corporations. Gas all journalists.
>>
>>383490060
>Paid mmo review
>Reviewer did not spend half a year grinding and raiding for max gear and finishing 100% of the content designed around lasting people years
>Hur dur then dont review it then
>>
>>383490395
How? How the fuck?

>Final MSQ fight.
>duty finder it
>wipe first try with 10% hp left
>beat it the 2nd try with no deaths
>6 out of the 8 was the first time trying (both healers and one tank first time)
I ask again because both Thorden and Ultima Weapon was hard than stormblood MSQ final.
>>
>>383490837
Depends on your mates, as usual. I had no major troubles with shinryu, but had to do 3-4 susanoo to down it because I got randomly matched with shitters
>>
>>383492313
>Reviewer did not spend half a year grinding and raiding for max gear and finishing 100%
He started at the previous max level. It takes 2-3 days to reach the max level. It takes 1-2 weeks to beat the most recent content in the game.

He didn't even finish the MSQ which takes 2-3 days to complete. That's IF you time your time.
>>
>>383491803
>Steps of Faith
Which wasn't really "hard", just demanded precise execution of add placement and cannon firing because of the boss' health. Of course shitters got their problems. Those kept themselve and others from killing it for a while, but it wasn't hard.
>>
>>383491557
Dunkey is actually great shit for kids and normalfags to start thinking for themselves.
>>
>>383492550

its hard because it takes people out of the usual roles. course an optimum Steps run will kill Vishap before he makes it to the second gate

what needs to change is individual instances need to be much more difficult. its unfortunate that the useful skills you get in POTD, environmental awareness, item usage, etc aren't useful in other sections of the game
>>
>>383490837
Casuals have infested vidya
>>
>>383492430
>I ask again because both Thorden and Ultima Weapon was hard than stormblood MSQ final.
They weren't? Thordan was always a joke in difficulty. Ultima Weapon wasn't that hard either, only that it had a DPS check with his Ultima(te).
>>
>>383492859
>course an optimum Steps run will kill Vishap before he makes it to the second gate
They nerfed it.
>>
>video game "journalism"

STOP. Media review sites are not journalism in by remote definition of the term. They are reviews, presented by reviewers. Reviews are by their very nature biased, because they can present only subjective viewpoints. Reviewers are not to be confused with journalists, or people who report news. /v/ has an unnerving tendency to conflate these two concepts and complain about the abuse of the former when it has absolutely nothing to do with video game reviews.

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as video game journalism. Reviewers are biased. Every single one of them across every single medium that they participate in. Reviews are opinions, they are not journalistic information.
>>
>I haven't finished the game
>but I have counted the number of gay and brown characters, so I've got this review in the bag
>>
>>383491348
>>383492638

fuck off underage dunkey cuck
>>
>>383493117

yeah. But prenerf an optimal kill (which my FC used to sell, natch) would down Vishap typically right at the third gate
>>
>>383493130
All of these sites report video games news. The people who write video game reviews also write video game news.

A doctor baking a pie doesn't make him a baker and doesn't stop him from being a doctor.
>>
>>383493046
I didn't say they were hard just harder than stormblood final.
>>
File: tm37h7lkzjky.jpg (74KB, 621x654px) Image search: [Google]
tm37h7lkzjky.jpg
74KB, 621x654px
>>383493130
Journalism is a joke anyway.
>here's this thing I read about on Reuters or Twitter, my job is important
>>
Unpaid reviewers >>>>>>>>>> """professional""" paid """reviewers"""

This has always been the case for everything
>>
File: Jason Schreier.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Schreier.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>383490060
>Have to do a videogame review
>Have the publisher's PR team breathing down your neck, trying to feed you bullshit, while also in contact with your bosses
>The game you are reviewing is a MMORPG
>Surprise! There aren't enough journalists on to even do a simple dungeon
OP, you'd get a decent review if it was possible.
>>
>>383492051
FUCKING MELON AMIRITE?
>>
>>383493415
Again, they weren't. There's nothing in SoF or Thordan you couldn't recover from. Shinryu has enough mechanics that can wipe you before the phase change.
>>
>play an hour into a game
>not enjoying it at all
>say as much
>"HOW DO YOU KNOW? YOU DIDN'T FINISH IT!"
>>
>>383494227
You don't get paid to enjoy a game you're reviewing. You get paid to play through it and give a review based on your impression.

Movie reviewers don't walk out 10 minutes into a movie because they don't like it. They take notes about WHY they don't like it, what the movie did wrong in their opinion and what it could have done better.
>>
>>383491348
>D*nkey
Please don't mention that racist sexist homophobe here
>>
>>383494484
I heard he once SPOKE to Jontron. I had to censor the name not to offend anyone.
>>
>>383491040
while the basics of shinryu are just "don't stand here, do stand there" there's more than 10 different kinds of attacks like that. while none of them are new to experienced raiders, casual players will have forgotten some of the tells they have seen before and are being shown new mechanics they have to learn quickly, as failure in most cases is death. i don't find it hard to do but its s mistake to call it simple.
>>
>>383493592
>defending them
Fuck you and fuck this place.
>>
>>383493427
we need to start the civil war as soon as possible.
the army is on our side anyway.
>>
their job is literally to play video games and tell us what they think of them, and they can't even manage that?
>>
>>383490060
You don't need to eat a whole turd to know it tastes like shit, and vice versa.
>>
>>383495151
>their job is literally to play video games and tell us what they think of them
No, their job is to get clicks and make their sponsors/advertisers happy
>>
>>383491951
They're paid to write articles, not to play video games per se. If you don't like it, then stop clicking on their shit and taking nice long looks at the ads on their page, clicking them, then buying products through them like the mark you are.
>>
>>383495386
see
>>383494405

Reviewers aren't playing games for themselves. They're playing it for others. This is a fine statement for your own personal reference, but your opinion holds no value in an argument about the subject if you don't know all the details.
>>
File: 1366308969463.jpg (141KB, 601x583px) Image search: [Google]
1366308969463.jpg
141KB, 601x583px
>Ugh dont wanna play/review this shit game I'd rather play Uncharted or Gone Home
>ah well lets get it over and done with
>"This game is so terrible! It's so bad I didn't even bother finishing it"
>triggers /v/, reddit, and any other normal gamer
>clicks have been had
>money in the bank
>repeat
>>
>>383495610
Are you dumb? That's the entire point of the thread. That's the entire reason we're all here discussing it. We know that's what they do and we're calling them out on it because it's bullshit and embarrassing.

Fuck off
>>
I proclaim this is the new meta:
RDM, SMN, SAM, NIN - PLD, DRK - AST, WHM
>>
>>383491803
Fuck steps of faith
That was fucking retarded SE.
>>
>>383490060

>Be TANK on X Trial/Raid/w.e
>Limit break always full
>DPS never uses it
> Retards die on X move to dodge aoe
>Healer refuses to uses LB and we die
>Try again
>DPS/Healer don't use LB on any circumstance even when I yell at them 10 times in a row.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF FUCKING FAGGOTS THATS WHY I HATE TANKING ON THIS FUCKING GAME, DPS AND HEALERS ARE ALWAYS THE WORST PLAYERS EVER, SPECIALLY HEALERS FUCKING RETARDS GO BACK TO WOW ALREADY
>>
>>383495962
This isn't an XIV thread. Also your game is just as shit as WoW, being a clone and all.
>>
>>383495962
I just wait to kill the boss.
If we wipe im going to be yelled at for not saving the LB3 for the healers.
You can't win.
>>
>>383495740
And yet they still have full bank accounts, and you're still unemployed clicking away and getting mad as fuck. You lose, kiddo. But I guess at least you "called them out" right? Surely that's worth something. Surely things will change once you call them out.

Or not. It'll keep happening and you'll keep spamming the board with this trash like a little puss for the rest of eternity. Peace out.
>>
>>383496290
I love neo-/v/
>>
>>383492051
Should FFXIV even be considered a AAA game? Everything except the intro movies seem amateurish and low budget.
>>
>>383492505
>He didn't even finish the MSQ which takes 2-3 days to complete.

From 60-70 maybe 24 hours simply because leveling can take anywhere from 12-20 hours.
1-70 go fuck yourself that's taking forever.
>>
>>383496445
Don't forget the music.
Fuck the music is great. I regret that I used my cheap computer speakers and not my headphones on it for the longest time.
>>
>>383496158

That's correct option but even when the Boss is about to die none of my 4 dps uses LB

in the worst case, I'm left alone with 1 healer and that faggot refuses to use LB on level 3 and we wipe because of that piece of trash that can't press 1 fucking key.
>>
>>383496692
The music feels phoned in. It's meh
>>
File: DEVYUnVUIAAFqGr.jpg large.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEVYUnVUIAAFqGr.jpg large.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>383496290
game journos are really freaking out huh
>>
>>383496739

using the limit break is using a group resource, which implies decision making. not many mmo players have the capacity to make a decision on the behalf of the group.

its why tanking is not a popular role
>>
>>383496739
>melee dps isnt using the LB
>so I use it as a caster
>people pissed I "wasted" it
there's no winning, the only reason the melee DPS will use it at 1% so it looks like a cool finisher move.
>>
>>383496683
He had started at 60 and was already caught up on the MSQ. I was giving him the benefit of doubt with my 2-3 day estimate. He somehow managed to take a month to do 2 days of content and didn't even complete that.
>>
>>383496895

given that most bosses are phase based on percentage of health remaining, and very few bosses get easier as the fight goes on, you'd want to use the LB when it would save the most time during the most difficult part of the fight, usually at the end
>>
>>383490060
HOO HOO HEE HEE SPAGETTIE AND MEAT BALLS LEAH CHANGE BABY DIAPEY XD
>>
>>383496795
Simply embarrassing, no better than CNN throwing a temper tantrum over that wrestling gif
>professional journalists
>>
>>383496789
using just the single melody does that.
>>
Why the fuck is games journalism so faggy? What is it about gaming that attracts such faggotry?
>>
>>383496795
>All these literally who reviewers with like one comment each
Impressive autism anon
>>
>>383497584
Failures who couldn't get into real journalism.

No future in their career because the industry is a joke so they try and act self important.
>>
Who the fuck is dunkey? Is it decent content or just controversial bait?
>>
>>383491040
>It's FFXI Shinryu all over again
Top fucking kek, only a handful could beat it without Primeval Brew.
>>
is this whole thread bait? or is this seriously the level of the ARR playerbase? the story fights are ever considered hard? SoF was just lighthearted fun and gimmicky. i'm so fucking glad i got over this wank at like 2.2, the playerbase is complete fucking aids. like the one game where every retarded kid went, when heroic dungeons in WoW were way too hard for them.
>>
Who the fuck even reads reviews? Interested in a game? Go to youtube and watch videos. Like what you see? Download a trial/pirate the songleplayer and fuck around then buy it.

Review sites are totally redundant in 2017. Reviewing an MMO expac even moreso
>>
>>383497809

But why games specifically? Why isn't film journalism as shit?
>>
>>383495774
>Summoner
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>383490060
Video game (and movies and anything else) reviews are a relic of when you couldn't get hundreds of unpaid opinions from users merely a day after the release of the product.
>>
>>383497972
SMN still does good amount of damage, its just boring as fuck to play now.
I never thought the day they finally give a big actual summon would be what makes the job so dull.
>>
>>383497873
Welcome to neo-/v/ where the average user started MMOs with WoW, FPSs with Halo and RPGs with FFX.
>>
>>383497972
SMN has some of the highest single target in the game now.

Hes still a complete retard with no understanding of how the LB system works if he thinks that SMNs will see play though
>>
>>383498098
Well they took away half of their abilities then nerfed the half they kept in. As a previous summoner main i dropped that shit day one.
>>
>>383497904
>pirate and then buy meme
Nobody with half a brain does this
>>
>>383497584
Games are for babies, so they attract people with childish minds. See: 4chan.org/v/
>>
>>383497584
blame anime
>>
>>383496789
>It's meh
Explain
>>
>>383496795

When do we kill media?
>>
>>383499065
when we kill dunkey and his fantards first
>>
>>383495774
>no ranged
>weeb noutility
>2 casters
>1 PLD

Real meta comp will look more like RDM NIN DRG BRD PLD PLD AST WHM
>>
>>383491557
>Dunkey makes a video about something so now suddenly it's not true
i'm not sure what's wrong with this statement, only a redditor would have an issue with it.
>>
>>383499440
>PLD PLD
Anon just because he was retarded doesn't mean you need to be
>>
>>383497934
Video games are rock bottom. You can't go any lower than this.
>>
File: upj1NZ5.jpg (65KB, 1294x498px) Image search: [Google]
upj1NZ5.jpg
65KB, 1294x498px
>>383490060
This reminds me of GameSpot's ZTD review.

Sure the game wasn't as good as I had hoped, but there's literally no way to clear it in 12 hours.
>>
>>383500554
>best dps
>best mitigation
>best utility

Why wouldn't you bring 2 PLDs to content?
>>
>>383501408
Because you literally cannot bring 2 of the same job you retard
>>
File: 1484970043930.png (189KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1484970043930.png
189KB, 600x700px
>>383501524
Now look, he certainly isn't right about double tanks, but you don't have to go and pull a stupid also.
>>
>>383499440
>drg
>brd
>>
>>383501524
when did this fucking happen? I remember PLD+PLD in 2.0 for most of the content
>>
>>383502256
This expansion
Only way to make sure non PLD tanks get played
>>
>>383502693
There are only 3 tanks. It's really quite bullshit when there isn't enough variety. 2 People could genuinely enjoy double DRK or double AST. The only role that should be require unique jobs is DPS since there are 9 of them.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.