[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use a gaming headset?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Or just good quality headphones made by an actual proper manufacturer?
>>
Bump because I'm curious what people use for gaming. Are surround sound headsets worth it just stick to quality stereo?
>>
I wanted a good headphone for gaming, and my mother bought a Razer one while travelling.
I've never had such a bittersweet gift in my life.
On one side I was glad that I had a good headset after buying shit from REAL subpar manufacturers, on the other hand she paid way too much on something that is overpriced due to meme status as a GAMERXD equipment.

I'm never buy headsets again in my life. The mic fucking died with 6 months of use. I'm really looking into buying a Seinheiser one, but lack the money to buy one in the near future so I didn't even look up prices and models.
>>
I use a headset, but most likely this will be my last one.

I use a HyperX Cloud II, and it’s great for what it is, but when it dies I will probably just grab a pair of headphones and a boompro

Who knows when this thing will die though, it’s a monster build quality wise
>>
>>383490613
>Are surround sound headsets worth it
No, they are a meme. Jamming 3 tiny drivers into a headset 1mm away from each other is absolutely no different than stereo.
>>
Razer Kraken was only like 10 bucks more then the other USB generic headset, so I went ahead and got the Razer one.

I also have a turtle beach for my Xbox.
>>
>>383491949
Why would you have two headsets?

Can’t you just plug the Razer one into the Xbox?
>>
>>383489309
No, I still love my AKG k271, need to upgrade very soon though.
>>
>>383492279
The Turtle Beach connects through one of those headphone jack plugs that have input/output together, and my PC unfortunately does not have one of those.

And it plugs into the Xbox Controller directly, which I was able to USB into my computer, and by proxy use the headset standalone, just plugged into the controller.

And, while yes the Xbox One does have USB for my Razer headset, I would have to either extend the cord, or sit extremely close to the console.

I purchased the Razor headset after the Turtle Beach headset.
>>
File: stackhd600.jpg (761KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
stackhd600.jpg
761KB, 3264x2448px
>>383489309
Had a pair of Sony MDRV6 that I used for a while (~5 years) until they broke. Used this as an excuse to get some open ear headphones. Tried the HD600s, liked everything about them and picked a pair up. I use a Yeti mic that my cousin passed down to me and it does the job.
>>
>>383489309
I've got a ATH-M50x, but I usually just use my speakers (z906). The audio is worse and less immersive, but I feel restricted wearing headphones and they get uncomfortable after a while.
>>
Anyone have anything to say about open vs closed?
I've got a solid set of Audio Technica monitor headphones which are closed. I like the isolation but I've heard a lot of people say open is better for gaming?
>>
File: 81hHs4gvtYL._SY550_.jpg (30KB, 314x550px) Image search: [Google]
81hHs4gvtYL._SY550_.jpg
30KB, 314x550px
>>383489309
no, i´m using pic related for years and like them very much.
>>
>>383493284
Isn't open always better for audio quality?
>>
>>383493489
Not really, they just let sound in from outside giving them a less isolated effect. Some gamers swear by them though because they feel they increase the sound stage making it easier to track direction.
>>
>>383493404
Great cans, I went with Audio Technica a900 over those but often wonder about how the dt770 sound.
>>
I use AKG K712s. Have literally no reason to ever upgrade unless they actually break somehow.
>>
>>383493284
I noticed a pretty big difference going from closed to open. Open seems less muffled, sounds are better seperated. Bass isn't as 'punchy' but cleaner overall. I'm also comparing ATHm50s to HD600s so it might not be a fair comparison to make.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.