[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

keep it vidya related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 21

File: 1499617148755.jpg (22KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1499617148755.jpg
22KB, 500x440px
>>
Why is Dark Souls the only series discussed on /v/?

Can anyone here even name one video game that isn't from the Dark Souls series?
>>
Original Xbox was awesome.It kills me when obvious youngfags shit on it. Literally the best console for online multiplayer by far and had good exclusives.

Also playing the consoles or games when they were new and relevant isn't the same as playing them a decade later. Sorry kids
>>
>>383484769
Because people played it and are well aware of how the game works.

You can't discuss games in-depth until once you actually play them and ironically enough this is one of the few series /v/ actually did play.
>>
I bought a switch on release day
>>
I feel bad for human npcs that i have to kill to progress
>>
The only people who push for good storytelling in video games are people whose only aspiration in life is to write stories for video games. They possess no real skills and aren't even good writers. Stories don't and should never matter in video games, it's all about gameplay you talentless hacks.
>>
I was going to wait for a Senran thread to appear but fuck it, on 3DS, should I play the 1st one or skip it and play the 2nd one?
>>
2D platformers are timeless and I don't give a fuck how "overdone" they are.
>>
>>383483871
I use a trainer/guide on most games.
>>
>>383483871
I spend more time on /v/ rather than actually playing vidya
>>
I am so frustrated that Galerians has been dead since the PS2 era. I don't give a shit if you think Ash sucked either. Just give me more of this damn series also no yaoi fujoshi pandering. So damn tacky.
>>
File: 1495567356069.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495567356069.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>383483871
I want to keep liking video games but nothing being released is really calling my attention right now. I like 3d platformers a lot, but all of the ones recently released didn't look appealing or good to me. To me the appearance of a game matters a lot. If I don't like the style I will not bother playing it. A lot of things disappoint me in that regard because I'll like the style of some heroes / champions / toons in games that are MOBA's but then; right, its a fucking MOBA.

Games are kind of odd when you really get into it, yes, we need good gameplay, but I'd say most games have decent / passable gameplay with a story that makes you continue playing. Like, I don't know what kind of game you would have with all of the advanced systems we have in place WITHOUT having a story. Yeah, you could probably get by with a minimal story, but if you had no story or bad story telling with the systems we have now; I dunno, it just wouldn't be right.
>>
>>383483871
Violent games help prevent real violence.
>>
>>383486778
this is true, iterativeness and redundancy are entirely different issues
>>
I like shitty mobile games. I'm fully aware they use tricks to get me addicted and coming back to check on my town every day, but I still enjoy them and usually get more play time from them than out of most other games. I dropped the Futurama game because everything took way too long, but I currently play Township, the mlp game and Armory and Machine.
>>
>>383487256
>microsoft uses dog noses for their controllers
>shows a playstation controller
>mfw
>>
>>383487050
Here here. I played the first Galerians religiously. I can hundred percent it in my sleep. I loved the atmosphere, how every single human you meet dies or is already dead. That and PE1 and 2 are the only games I've beaten a double digit number of times unless you count shit that's designed to be beaten and replayed very quickly, like Half Minute Hero and roguelikes
>>
File: 1479338372657.png%22.png (65KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
1479338372657.png%22.png
65KB, 506x608px
>>383483871
I spend too much time and money on video games.
>>
Games journalism and Esports take games way too seriously and are a mix of cringe and hilarity for it.

Every E3 it's the same thing: Grown ass men in suits talking seriously about a new weapon or gameplay mechanic (which are all recycled from older shit, but that's besides the point). "OK so when you press A you rip an alien out of someone's chest" is something a grown ass man in a suit should never say to another grown ass man in a suit.

Every EVO it's the same thing: People talking about fighting games like they're an actual sport. Grown ass men in suits doing their best Joe Rogan impersonations, except they're talking about chinks pushing fucking buttons.

Just stop it already. Games are for children. It's alright to enjoy them as an adult, but treating them as anything more than a fancy toy is completely retarded and laughable.
>>
>>383487746
Don't go on this board you fucktard. This is an 18+ website and it still has a vidya-related board.
Also knowing the statement you just said you're probably from /pol/ or /b/. I can tell.
>>
File: 298.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
298.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
I only buy games because the feeling of having them temporarely fills the gaping void inside my soul. I don't even have energy to play them anymore yet I still insist in doing so.

I wish I was addicted to drugs instead.
>>
>>383483871
I like Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
>>
>>383483871
All other fighters can't beat Street Fighter 5 in numbers simply because they are not good enough.

They all have more content but they also have too many cons that turn people off, which is why people on't play them as much.
>>
>>383487856

How can I be "from" a board?
>>
>>383488012
Everybody has a home board. Mine's /toy/
>>
>>383483871
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is one of the best in the franchise.
>>
>>383488563

/v/ is my home board and I don't fit in here either
>>
>>383483871
FF14 is just so fucking slow, everything feels so drawn out to the point where I'm convinced it's all just a time sink worse than Legion.
>>
File: spikatoro.png (523KB, 1058x774px) Image search: [Google]
spikatoro.png
523KB, 1058x774px
>Both from Japan Studio
>Both their series had cute interesting animals (a cat made of stars and an army of monkeys wearing red lantern helmets
>Both come from games with interesting and creative controls to sell a controller/handheld
>Both happen to be young (Kat is 17)
>Both series have characters with more than one color for their hair (Spike and Raven)
>Both series had two characters sharing the name "Aki"
>Both had to battle against their best friends when they were being mind controlled by someone else (Jake and Raven)
>Both games they come from had a situation where the real ending/boss battle happened after the first credits sequence
>Both had anime adaptions
>Both were 2 of 3 characters representing their studio, with the other one being Toro
>Speaking of Toro, pic related
>Both seem to also do a lot of crossovers with other series, even if it means something simple like cameos or outfits
>One of the Ape Escape games in japan was about Spike cleaning the monkeys' pants, while Kat is implied to be a bit stinky
>>
>>383483871
CHECK SOME REVIEWS FIRST.
STOP PAYING FOR UNFINISHED GARBAGE.
STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT UNFINISHED GARBAGE.
STOP PREORDERING.
STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR GARBAGE.

GDQ IS AN SJW CRINGEFEST MADE FOR FAGGOTS APPLAUDING FOR SPONSORED, TAX DEDUCTABLE DONATIONS. MORONS!

>Thanks OP, I needed that.
>>
File: 1499031218835.jpg (100KB, 665x501px) Image search: [Google]
1499031218835.jpg
100KB, 665x501px
>>383483871
>The mods on /v/ need to quit deleting every thread that involves the sales charts between Switch and PS4.
There, I said it.
>>
>>383483871
I HAVE A LUMP UNDER MY RIGHT ARMPIT AND IT'S PROBABLY CANCER. FUCK.
>>
I don't like and can't get into final fantasy 7 no matter how many times I tried last year. I love jrpgs so that's why I tried so hard to play it. Which is weird because I play 9 for the first time last year and finished it with that empty feeling you get when you finish a good ass game.
>>
I hate games that make me look at the floor to pick up shit for 90% of the game.
i also hate that they don't have an auto pick up to avoid starring at the floor, I want them to magnetized towards me Ina 2 or 3 feet radius

I hate looking at the mini map in open world games 90% of the time, put as much visual directional and informational feedback in the actual game not on the mini map.
These devs wasted years of their life developing these worlds and you want me to look at a tiny map instead?

I also hate that it makes world memorization harder because I'm not looking at the actual world for the majority of the time, and usually it's just landmarks that I remember, so I only end. up remembering pockets of the city instead of the whole city. it's worse when the game doesn't encourage you to explore the world.
>>
File: 1400387743498.jpg (43KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
1400387743498.jpg
43KB, 492x559px
>>383489390
RIP
>>
File: 1497298577155.png (126KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497298577155.png
126KB, 300x300px
>>383483871
I bought a PC just so i could play at 60fps but the Playstation trophies keep me chained. If a game that i want releases and it is available for PS4, i'll instantly buy it for PS4 just for the trophies even though my PC can very well run it. Achivements or trophies can raise the enjoyment of game but strangely, Steam achivements don't.
>>
File: 1479035533187.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1479035533187.png
69KB, 366x401px
>>383489537
>I hate looking at the mini map in open world games 90% of the time, put as much visual directional and informational feedback in the actual game not on the mini map.
>These devs wasted years of their life developing these worlds and you want me to look at a tiny map instead?
>>
>>383489551
>Achivements or trophies can raise the enjoyment of game but strangely, Steam achivements don't.
because anyone can cheat using a PC so their value decreases.
>>
99% of the modern games are pure unfiltered shit. Casuals and consoles fucked it up. The only game in recent years that I could play was Dishonored 1 and 2, and in multiplayer dota 2. I thought I got burned out on games, then I replayed Deus Ex and VTMB and realised that it's not me, but shit modern "games" are the problem.
>>
>>383483871
When I first came here every one said /v/ was shit and getting worse. I thought it was a meme. I leave for a few years and come back to this absolute trash heap.
I couldn't have imagined just how right those people were
>>
I hate classic resident evil but love everything after 4. And my favorite is Revelations 1
>>
>>383484769
because every thread gets shit posted to death by either
1.people that don't like the game and they want to tell others to stop liking it or make everyone fully aware constantly that they don't like it.

2.is a new game that people want to discuss but it's accused if shilling making it impossible to discuss a recently released game or up coming game

3. /pol/
>>
>>383487493
You're retarded.
>>
File: fortnite.png (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fortnite.png
1MB, 1400x1000px
i'm only buying fortnite for thicc construction girl
>>
i grew up with the PS1 and PS2.
i fucking suck at sidescrollers and have no idea how people can beat them.
>>
File: 1498391790999.jpg (65KB, 800x463px) Image search: [Google]
1498391790999.jpg
65KB, 800x463px
I torrented Fallout 4 and I'm having a lot of fun playing it.
>>
ME: Andromeda was the sole reason I wanted to buy a current gen console as I stopped PC gaming a few years back. The reviews about the story being shit and the characters and animations being uber shit put me off getting a console. Luckily I got a PS4 on a whim and loved my first game : zero Dawn. I have a little more hope in Vidya now, /v/.
>>
>>383487856
He's right, Anon.
This year's E3 was nothing but a cringe compilation maker's dream. I hate to see presenters who look like they never touched a controller talk about video games because it just looks awful. The state of gaming, it's a money machine just like cape-shit.
>>
>>383489825
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>383489850
I like original RE and 4, but my favorite is Rev2.
>>
>>383490145
Anon, I...
I'll do it. Thanks.
>>
>>383490145
I'm not reading all that shit.
I've been here 5 years you can easily leave when you have actual interesting shit to do in real life, you won't find interesting stuff in your room. Not leaving your room is your fault not 4chans.
This is a perfectly fine site for discussing hobbies. It's just made more difficult by retards who don't actually have any hobbies and participate despite having nothing to contribute.
If I missed anything it's because I don't care
>>
>>383490606
>If I missed anything it's because I don't care
Good job showing me that you 'don't care' by replying.
>>
>>383490145
You're right, but you're also wrong.
I do get to see some good shit on different boards around here and I can joke about it with other people later... I'm far to busy to go outside or enjoy life these days, I have too much shit to do for a foreseeable future.
>>
File: 1499134215142.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499134215142.gif
1MB, 480x360px
My mind wasn't blown by Witcher 3. It isn't bad, but it certainly isn't the messiah of gaming that everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>383483871
I hate it when people talk about video games but don't care about the director/planner/scenario writer who are 90% responsible for the game

For example Persona games had other Directors than SMT games but nobody ever mentions that in the respective threads at all. Two different games from two different people and everybody ignores that.
>>
The Witcher 3 is quite possibly the most overrated game of all time.
>>
>>383489390
Same.
>>
>>383490915
It was only hyped to such a crazy degree because pcbros had no games for months before hand and bloodborne btfo them hard. That and polishfags shilling.
Now it's just repeated by dumbass casuals who like what ever they're told to like.
>>
Gwyn was too hard so I cheesed him out with parrying. Fucking old man flying all around the arena was impossible.
>>
>>383490145
I really only browse at work since I have so much down time as a security guard. My brain hurts after a couple hours of studying moonrunes, and there's only so much mobile gaming I can do before my eyes start to strain, so I come on here for mindless funposting.
>>
I hate the uncharted games, got meme'd into buying them and they are terrible.
They're just insanely bland third person cover-based shooters but for some reason people think because the boring gameplay takes place on a moving train it somehow transends videogames to become a masterpieceGOTY. They look pretty, have good acting and the stories aren't awful. The actual engagement with the game makes me fall asleep.
>>
>>383483871
Only game i look forward to is cyberpunk 2077.
I don't even like cyberpunk.
>>
>>383486703
Play the first one if you really care to know about the characters/story. Burst plays like a traditional 2d beat em up, while Deep crimson goes for a 3d styled beat em up.
>>
>>383490145
I hate this website, but I can't leave.

It's an addiction.
>>
>>383491409
You're just a boring person
>>
>>383484769
Dark Souls 3 faggot
>>
>>383491409
I can relate, it'd be so much easier if i could just leave and stop interacting with brainless dipshits like this guy >>383491483
>>
>>383491641
You can
>>
>>383491409
>>383491641
Same, but I only come here for the news and memes.

But I avoid opinion based threads like the plague.
>>
>>383492015
Ok see ya
>>
>>383483871
Chest.Message.Pop failed; Message queue is empty or null.
>>
>>383492103
>opinions scare me I just meme
Kill yourself
>>
>>383492408
I meme so I can be on the same value as your opinion
>>
>>383490112
Same
>>
70% gameplay, 30% story is the best ratio
>>
>>383492536
>discussion with people who actually know about the topic sharing thoughts
>lmao here's a joke a saw and you also saw, a million times
>>these are of equal value
Kill yourself
>>
>>383484769
Bloodborne
>>
>>383492785
Opinions lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
>>
I genuinely had more fun with Fire Emblem Fates than Echoes
>>
>I'm a total nintendo faggot.
>I unironically believe BOTW is one of the best games ever made
>Emulating is wrong and should only be used if you have no possibility of ever getting to play it
>Piratefags are fucking losers
>I've only played FE:Awakening and honestly, after looking at the old ones, I don't see the big fuss. This one is fine.
>I really like nuDoom and truly believe it's as good as the first one. It's just so much fucking fun. The multiplayer is dumb but the singleplayer is so fucking good.
>I've never played a Final Fantasy game and don't plan on it
>Never played Dark Souls
I think that's about it
I don't have a lot
>>
>>383492785
See, the fact that you have abolute no clue what I am talking about, proofs the point of not taking your opinion seriously enough, to even think about wasting my time trying to sharing my thoughts
>>
I wish I hadn't spent $5000 on my gaming machine. Consoles have far more games and only cost $500
>>
the recent resurgence of toddposting is getting annoying
>>
>>383483871
I haven't played a video game in 3 months
>>
Even though I'm as jaded and bitter about games as like every single person here, there are games that come out every now and then that I still really enjoy and think they're worth continuing to invest interest in the medium
>>
File: 1489178620818.jpg (167KB, 1062x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1489178620818.jpg
167KB, 1062x1062px
>>383493238
What the fuck did you just say?
I like Toddposting but people spam it way too fucking much.
>>
>>383493134
Yeah your super smart come backs only work if you ignore everything they're built upon dipshit>>383493238
>>
It makes me sad to think /v/ would bitch about some classic beloved games because of politics.
>>
I don't see what's so attractive about the Persona artstyle.

Ditto that Danganronpa series.
>>
I'm an autistic and strongly hate porn of certain video game characters. Either because I love them, or because of who the character is, you just fucking shouldn't.
This includes Samus, Link, Zelda, Ellie from Last of Us, and more
>>
File: 1494772215891.gif (2MB, 389x413px) Image search: [Google]
1494772215891.gif
2MB, 389x413px
I like video games.
>>
I have never played Skyrim before.
>>
>>383494718
I feel the same way, anon. I don't like to see porn of characters i care about.
>>
i had a great group of friends online, playing games every day, known each dude for 8+ years, shit was cash money every day. 2 years ago, the dude i was closest with, someone i would consider my best friend, shot himself, and since then nothing has been the same for out gaming group, only me and 1 other guy remains from our original group and hes changed so much in the worst ways idk if i can stay friends with him much longer i just want to play vidya with my friends.....
>>
I play dark souls with a mouse+keyboard, and I play it A LOT.
I found morrowind boring, oblivion okayish, and skyrim decent.
I have 200 hours in Overwatch and have 199 in reinhardt.
I hated zelda OOT
If a game allows me to,ill always make everything as white as possible (white MC, white wife, kill all non whites unless they're bro tier and dont racemix)
>>
Existencial anxiety has been steadily poisoning every bit of joy I have felt over the last 12 years of my life, partly because I'm 30 and I feel lonely because I see younger people being more successful all around me everyday.

At the same time I can not quit because that would mean leaving my parents to themselves, which is hard because while being a violent man, my father's health has been going down the shitter even faster than usual over the last 2 years. I feel obliged to make sure my mother can make the most of her remaining days.

I will most likely lose my job in august or september, because I'm simply not as good as the people around me. I have exhausted my options over the last nine years, but I won't end up on the streets or as some kind of social case.

I'm too afraid to tell anyone I know (mostly because the closest people I have are the same two online friends that I had for the last 12 years), but I'm also afraid of what happens to my mother after Im not around anymore.
There, i got it off my chest and now im crying but fuck it, i dont know what else to do anymore
also video games
>>
File: 1499650489696.png (1MB, 1160x979px) Image search: [Google]
1499650489696.png
1MB, 1160x979px
I hate how /v/ has become just another shill site.

That 2 month stint of constant Horizon shilling, shitposting, trolling, and everything else has shown that we need report advertising and a clickbait archive link bot.

And we'll never get either, so it's just going to get worse.
>>
>>383483871
I enjoyed playing Clash Royale, at least for a while..
>>
>>383495969
>If a game allows me to,ill always make everything as white as possible (white MC, white wife, kill all non whites unless they're bro tier and dont racemix)
literal autism
>>
I enjoyed the story in MGSV and like Venom better than Big Boss.
>>
>>383495969
>If a game allows me to,ill always make everything as white as possible (white MC, white wife, kill all non whites unless they're bro tier and dont racemix)
autism
but you're in the right
>>
>>383493223
>$5000
You could've got practically identical performance out of a $1000 rig. Futureproofing is a sick meme.
>>
>>383483871
Undertale was a 5/10 at most. and the reason it got higher ratings by critics is because it came out during a time when games were starting to get stale.
>>
>>383483871
Every video game is shit or at least deeply flawed because the system is shit.
Deception will never stop, video game or real life, because fuck honesty.
>being attractive/good-looking is profitable and good
>it means buying shitty things so you look like you know what you are doing
I'm still wondering how every game isn't already P2W, maybe because paid cheating/hacking programs or devices (or botnet)?
>>
>>383490642
>I don't care about your whole post
>I don't care about particular points in your post
These are two different "don't care" things, anon. And yeah, not even that guy.
>>
>>383496571
Sure.
>>
File: muhDICC.gif (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
muhDICC.gif
1MB, 853x480px
>>383494774
I like dragongirls.
>>
>>383483871
Only use pc for play old games and ps4 for new games.
>>
>>383496681
>I don't know what to say: the post
>>
I just want to play mount&blade warband but I am a filthy casual and cannot grind past the early game.
>>
File: 1499646435504.png (775KB, 941x879px) Image search: [Google]
1499646435504.png
775KB, 941x879px
>>383483871
I am not against Samus Aran being voiced. Yes I am aware of Other M in which that happened and yes I do obviously think it was bad. However Samus being given a voice in Other M wasn't the problem. The problem was that it was done badly, from both a writing and performance standpoint.
>>
Morrowindfags are cancer. Morrowind ruined the Elder Scrolls. Numidian is from the realm of Atherius and had nothing to do with the Dwemer. Minnimarco was a Breton, the Empire was not Rome-lite and the Imperial cult / 9 divines religion wasn't so bland.
>>
>>383483871
I got bored playing HL2, I think it's highly overrated and inferior to HL1.
I think pirating is OK because it gives some people the chance to enjoy videogames which they wouldn't be able to afford on their own.
>>
File: [INTERNAL SCREAMING].png (180KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
[INTERNAL SCREAMING].png
180KB, 500x405px
I am really sad that P5 waifu and goro threads are starting to die...
>>
File: higgs.jpg (40KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
higgs.jpg
40KB, 854x480px
>>383483871
I like Anthony Higgs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRjZjhjV4A
>>
>>383487746
>"OK so when you press A you rip an alien out of someone's chest" is something a grown ass man in a suit should never say to another grown ass man in a suit.

I loled
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.