[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the SFV popularity still make a lot of people butt hurt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 18

File: Sfv-logo.png (405KB, 437x485px) Image search: [Google]
Sfv-logo.png
405KB, 437x485px
Why does the SFV popularity still make a lot of people butt hurt?
>>
Because it's a genuine garbage game by a garbage company
>>
because they are stuck watching it years since its only profitable fighting game
>>
People can't defend SFV with anything else
>>
Because it somehow managed to be worse than IV but people still say "IV took 4 years to be good, just give V some time" at every turn.
Seriously, thats not an excuse, thats just being a capcom apologist.
>>
>>383481429

what popularity? It tracks so poorly on Twitch, I forget that it's even out.
>>
>>383481869
It's the most played fighting game competitively.
>>
Garbage game living on brand name alone. Same shit as FFXV.

Although SFV is not exactly popular anymore. Sales wise the game bombed, online population is decreasing fast and so are tourney entries and viewership. It still is the most popular fighting game but that's not saying much when the entire genre is still as niche as ever. Not to mention the game's on life-support from CPT money, which is the only thing that attracts the pros to it.
>>
>>383481429
What popularity? The game was a huge flop
>>
>>383482576
I guess it's less of a flop than any other fighting game then.
>>
the people who get mad are just reddit activists or zombie autists who repeat online memes
>>
Because its the most played fighting game even with only 1/3 of the features/polishment of the other fighting games.
And the launch was barebone as fuck.
>>
>>383482620
Other fighting games weren't backed by Sony and had a fraction of the budget invested. The expectations for this were way higher than say Guilty Gear or KoF
>>
I really wanted to like it.
No focus attacks and ultra anymore?
Yes please!
Then they fucked up normals, story mode and whatever.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170709-232341.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170709-232341.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>383481429
>SFV
>Popular
lmao
>>
>>383481429
>popularity

it isn't, it only gets big numbers because evo is a CAPCOM sponsored event and people play it for the money, nothing else.
>>
>>383483001
thats why sfv is much more alive that dead gg or corpse dead kof
>>
>>383483072
if you remove the people who are sponsored, it still has double the amount of any other game
>>
>>383483054
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>383483054

>HoN

There's the real tragedy here. RIP
>>
>>383483127
because the game is more casual now so more people can play it
>>
>>383481429
I think the game got an incredible amount undeserved hate
Some complaints pointed to the game's flaws and were right, but lots were just blown over proportion or were non-problems

>the game won't have x and y at launch, we'll release an update with that at z date
>people buy the game
>what the fuck, where is x and y? i bought the game for that!

launch was disastrous and capcom made the worst marketing decisions ever
>let's release a more accessible fighting game!
>but let's just not add in a shitty 30 mins of work arcade ladder for casuals!

>mk made a shitload of money by releasing a shitty storymode!
>let's launch without one!

what the fuck, that's just dodging free money
>>
File: evo-numbers-over-years.jpg (124KB, 1690x458px) Image search: [Google]
evo-numbers-over-years.jpg
124KB, 1690x458px
>people keep saying SFV is dead and nobody plays
>the "dead" game is still getting more players than all the other games
>the "dead" game is more popular than SFIV at its peak

really makes you think
>>
>>383481786
Do you think it could improve?
>>
>>383483302
I think the computer virus was a cherry on top
>>
salty cucks mad their kusoge will never be relavant
>>
>>383483269
but it had double in sf4 too. any more goal posts you wanna move bud?
>>
>>383483302
There was an interview with Ono not too long ago and he said that the story mode in SFV was made because he saw how popular MKX story mode was, the fact it wasn't ready for release is because they only started making it just before release.
>>
>>383481930

That doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>383483613
then fucking delay the game, launching with 0 sp content is a suicidal for a figthing game right now, unless you aim at an extremely veteran playerbase (and it's gonna sell like shit)

I don't even give a shit about the crappy story mode or the arcade ladder, but it's just a bad strategy
if it wasn't street fighter it would've been dead in a month

usually bad companies keep selling because they have a good marketing department, with capcom i don't even know how they're still alive
>>
I'm very new to fightan, played a tiny bit of USF4 and now play SFV, it's embarassing I'm already doing the same combos pros are doing and I can see how it's as shallow as a puddle compared to usf4, but what's an actual good fighting game according to you guys?

Any kind of anime/hyperfighter with common 30 hit combos are out, tekken is obviously out, MK too.
>>
>>383483412
that decrease from 5102 to 2622 entrants is hilarious, people were so hyped for SFV when it released and in a year or less everyone realized how shit it was.
>>
>>383481786
>it somehow managed to be worse than IV
not in many ways desu
online play in IV was absolute garbage. delay based netcode was extreme cancer, and lack of crossplay pretty much doomed the game to extinction on PC.
V has its share of connection problems, but i'd pick its shitty rollback over IVs delay any day, no question.

also a lot of the whining about V seems very weird.
people complain about V being "too rushdown focused", but in IV the gameplay was even MORE focused on the dumb ass 'knockdown into neverending setplay into round win' shit.
people complain about V having too many 'forced comebacks' due to V trigger, while conveniently ignoring that ultras in IV were a much more impactful and brainless comeback mechanic than anything in V.

along with the abundance of 1f links in many characters' bnb combos and the retardation that was FADC, IV really wasnt that great to play.
>>
>>383483412
>2016 to 2017
How can you even think of defending these numbers?
SFV tanked almost 50% of their entries, that is fucked.
There are 2 reasons why it has more entries than SFIV ever had:
1.SFV went FUL CASUL
2. It tried to break so hard into the mainstream that events like e-league actively copied CSGO and LOL with the look of the studio and the commentators. They got fucking Richard Louis for a SFV tournament for fucks sake, the fat fuck could't even pronounce the player names.
You cannot defend SFV with anything but numbers, and even the numbers come with a price, loyal fans leaving the game behind and casuals filling up the scene.
>>
>>383484107
that's roughly 2500 people who fell for the esports meme a year ago
>dude you can be the next daigo just get SFV and enter EVO! #riseup
>people buy SFV and enter EVO
>they drown in pools
>they get salty because they didnt become the next daigo and quit the game for good
>>
>>383484107
>>383484421

tekken went from 550 to 1200, injustice from 200 to 883, the number of entrants spikes when the game is new, then it goes back to it's normal. i'm more surpeised about how melee/smash got less entrants i wonder if it's dying
>>
>>383484095
>I'm very new to fightan, played a tiny bit of USF4 and now play SFV, it's embarassing I'm already doing the same combos pros are doing
I can see how sfv is not as deep as other fgs, but seriously, that's not the reason
input complexity is not the thing that differentiates a deep fg from a shallow one

>>383484286
i think the problem is the lack of defensive options and the nerf fireballs got in V
before you had more access to invincible reversals and backstep invincibility, now you have to spend meter to get the first and just don't have the second
also basically all characters have something to negate fireballs, nerfing the more defensive playstyles like zoning

i do agree that IV had a lot of problems tho, and wake up pressure was insane against certain characters
>>
It's the only game where Americans can win along with that nintendo brawler.
>>
>>383484421
>loyal fans leaving the game behind and casuals filling up the scene.
nah, SFV is back to SFIV numbers
now. the casuals who fell for the hype in 2016 all left again, now SFV is just the same old playerbase that SFIV had 2 years ago
>>
>>383484095
Combos are not depth.
>>
File: 9413824.jpg.png (132KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
9413824.jpg.png
132KB, 800x550px
Its mostly SF4 babbs who are mad that V killed their first fighting game.

SF isnt sameshit like Tekken, every sequel greatly changes the game, the previous generation often ends up being butthurt.
Happened after SF3 too, only that nobody truly cared about SF3 while SF4 was this huge casual mainstream success because of SF2 nostalgia so there's more people around to bitch.
>>
>>383484564
>>383484584
Hence why I say easy combos AND shallow, not easy combos IS shallow
>>
>>383484564
>think the problem is the lack of defensive options and the nerf fireballs got in V
thats a good point

backdash went from being invincible to being counterhittable. thats pretty heavy.
in return we got v-reversal, but some characters v-reversal just sucks balls
>>
>>383484749
people were shitting on SF4s invincible backdashes for years.
>>
I dislike how dull many Vtriggers are in SFV. Some of them like Akuma's, Nash's and Dhalsim's are interesting but many are just slightly better frame data. Ryu's is the worst offender of this
>>
>>383481429
it is pretty much the COD effect. Everyone knows the game is garbage but people will keep playing it because the alternatives are worse.
>>
>>383484095
My biggest issues with SFV off the top of my head:
>Lack of defensive options and input lag lead to stupid coinflip situations both on defense and neutral way too often
>Character balancing is "safe", characters are not given powerful and interesting tools because they fear they fuck up the balance (which isn't that good anyway), characters often have a lot of useless moves
>V-skill/trigger-system is an interesting concept but most of them aren't imaginative enough
>No meterless DPs, what the fuck, fireballs also neutered
>Netcode is bad, crossplay doesn't work that well
>Lack of content for casuals
>Ugly models, clipping, etc., art in general is lazy and uninspired
>Lack of polish in general
>>
>>383484095
GG is pretty fun if you wanna try that.
>>
>>383485146
>>No meterless DPs, what the fuck, fireballs also neutered
i agree with everything but i believe the game has meterless invincible dps , but it only works for the light buttons now.
>>
>>383485290
>Any kind of anime/hyperfighter with common 30 hit combos are out

come on now anon.
>>
>>383485146
To add: I don't have a problem with easier combos, but I wish we had some options while getting a hit, for example one followup for better corner carry or side switch, one for better oki, one for max damage etc.
It's boring to do the simple brainless max damage BNB every time and kills some of the ability to express yourself as a player imo

>>383485307
I might be wrong but I think patch notes said something like L DP is not throw invu, M is only AA invu, H is not strike invu. I haven't played since S2 came out though so
>>
>>383485379
GG doesn't really have that many 30hit combos. Also you complained about being able to do the same combos that the pros do.
>>
>>383485461
>I might be wrong but I think patch notes said something like L DP is not throw invu, M is only AA invu, H is not strike invu. I haven't played since S2 came out though so
yeah, it is something like hat, which kind kills yet again defensive options.
>>
>>383485519
I wasn't the same guy you first replied though.
Also.
>GG doesn't really have that many 30hit combos.
Sorry but being able to combo loop with some characters and being able to sacrifice bar to extend your combos makes them long as fuck in a lot of cases. it is not skullgirls level of crazy but that shit also turns me off.
>>
>>383485045
>Ryu's is the worst offender of this
i think having chargeable fireballs that guardbreak at maximum charge is pretty great
denjin super is also cool

imo the dumbest vtrigger is chun. literally does nothing but improve frame data on some moves and fuck up armor.
other dumb v triggers:
>laura
>fang (lmao)
>balrog (fuck this gorilla)
>ken

>i believe the game has meterless invincible dps , but it only works for the light buttons now.
no
it goes like this:
>LP DP is throw invincible from frame 1
>MP DP is invinvible against aerial moves from frame 1
>HP DP is hit invincible from frame 3
>EX DP is fully invincible from frame 1

so LP DP beats throws and loses to hits, MP DP loses to anything and is only useful as an anti air, and HP DP loses to everything and is pretty much only useful as a combo finisher. EX DP is the only actual invincible reversal.
>>
>>383485519
That wasn't me, I indeed mentioned animefighters not for the artstyle but for having to sit through my opponent going through his simon says sequence for 20 seconds. That's what really put me off skullgirls when I played it
>>
SFV might be not the best fighting game but the SF community was always retarded for still glorifying shit like Super Turbo to this very day.
>>
>>383481429
People would prefer fighting games to stay dead and the release of SFV only made the entire notion that much worse.
>>
Because most of the players have a serious case of stockholm syndrome and refuse to play anything else.
>>
>>383485796
Yeah I get your point of view, in my opinion it isn't that bad, at least at the level that I'm playing.
>>
>>383485776
Guardbreak fireballs are cool but have so little purpose, it mostly turns Ryu into a zoning character for a few seconds while you wait out his VT and then continue as normal

But yeah there are so many VTs that are just frame data buffs it's embarassing
>>
>>383485808
I'm not that big on ST myself, but if you're only interested in playing footsies, it's a pretty good game to pick and probably why so many people still love it
>>
>>383485859
i bought pretty much every other fighter available besides tekken 7 and i didn't like most of them, being it the gameplay or the meta. They all had way more content than SF5 but at least sf5 has some things that i liek in the gameplay.
>>
>>383486140
You can see how well designed many V-triggers are from the fact that the cancel itself is often more useful than the actual effect
>>
Let's say we would believe for one moment that SFV is infact garbage and that everyone only plays for money

If it's your passion to play fighting games and hate SFV (like you say everyone does) maybe you should STOP PLAYING AND GET A JOB

But this ain't happening as I see (all anime fighters dead, Tekken soon dead)
So it can't be this bad, right friends?
>>
>>383481429
What popularity?
Pretty sure it was outsold by MHXX in Japan alone.
>>
SFV is dying for a lot of reasons. At the top it seems great because Capcom are pumping money into it to make it look like so.
When you look lower down at a more grass root level it is definitely dying. My local had less entrants in SFV than it did for Project M which had a single set up.
>>
>>383486330
To many people playing shitty games still beats having a real job
>>
>>383486140
Denjin is for guard break setups, not pretend-zoning.
Its mostly shitter ryus who activate it at max range and think they can get anybody to block a fully charged ball.
>>
>>383486302
To be fair as well the ones that are good are fucking amazing. Akuma activating full skullfuck mode and air fireball tricksies is so goddamn fun
>>
>>383483613
that's a lie, it was ready before release, he thought launching it after release would make the game seems to have significant updates and content flow
>>
>>383486561
I think Vega's V-trigger is by far most well designed. It isn't just used for canceling out big unga move for safety or damage, it gives Vega the added tool for reliable fullscreen antiair / fireball punish.
I think SFV should have more V-triggers like this that are actually useful by themselves and are worth going for even without the cancel
>>
Am I wrong to call V-Skill/Trigger a hacked-up Instinct mode from Killer Instinct?
>>
>>383487474
I don't know what Instinct is because I don't play KI
>>
>>383487562
Put one way, Instincts are more impactful V-Triggers that last for several seconds and offer different effects depending on the character, in some cases even granting new moves. A few examples:
>Jago (the Ryu) can throw double fireballs, and all fireballs that connect heal him
>Glacius (the dedicated zoner) gains ice armor, giving him one hit of super armor that regenerates every couple seconds, alongside a couple other buffs
>Thunder (the grappler) gains vastly improved teleport dashes that also obscure his movement
>>
File: 30_sus01.jpg (130KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
30_sus01.jpg
130KB, 848x1200px
>>383484574
it has growth world wide, EVO numbers show it 2015 = 2200, 2017 = 2600+. You also see a lot of new faces in tournaments and the competition keeps getting harsher. the scene definitely grew with sfv, it could have been bigger if the game had a decent launch tho.
>>
>>383485379
I'll never understand this complaint
Do SF only babies have terrible execution and this is why they're scared of anime?
>>
>>383487901
Do them active with a simple combination of buttons or do they require motion? If they require motion then they're like specials or supers.
>>
>>383488304
I wonder how much entrants it will have next year if Capcom doesn't make some big changes though. I can't imagine the numbers going up from the look of things now
>>
>>383488403
>Do SF only babies have terrible execution and this is why they're scared of anime?
gg doesn't require that much execution to learn the basics though, besides characters lie slayer and kum, that are link based, most combos are dial up and lopps arent really big of a deal, people just don't like how fast or how long the combos are, which was the main complain in that post.
>>
>>383488484
HP+HK to activate, universal across all characters.
>>
>>383488515

They won't go up, that's how games work. The playerbase shrinks but grows more elite as it goes on. The only thing that brings in new players is new games or versions. So the only chance numbers have of going up is if the leaked super is a BIG relaunch they manage to market well.
>>
>>383488515
If the rumors about Super Street Fighter V and Sagat are true then there will definitely be an increase next year.
>>
>>383485045
Akuma's Vtrigger is just Cammy's on crack. I like the idea behind Dhalsim's Vtrigger but 90% of the time it's pretty weak. Ryu's vtrigger is ok, charging fireballs is nice. Alex Vtrigger is underrated, ibuki and urien's vtrigger are both fking strong.
Most of the time i think the Vtriggers are fine, it's the Vskills that need some work.
>>
>>383488797
Ibuki's V-Trigger is really only useful for mixups, Urien's V-Trigger can be used both offensively and defensively, although his V-Skill sucks balls.
>>
>>383488631
>>383488648
I hope they have the balls to take some risks and make big gameplay changes if they do a relaunch. New characters and fluff isn't enough
>>
>>383488620
Combos are good though and allow for player expression and variety. Get rid of them and you have SFV in which every character is 2 medium normals into a special.
>>
>>383489021
What big gameplay changes would be considered risky? I'm not sure what you're talking about, a new set of V-Skill/V-Trigger or CAs wouldn't be strange at all and that's the most aggresive change they could do.
>>
>>383485045

The vtriggers they need to change are Vega, Ryu and FANGs. They're not only shit but uninspired and lame.

the vskills they need to change are Vega and nash for also being uninspired and shit.
>>
File: 1499696488759.png (594KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499696488759.png
594KB, 750x400px
>a modder can fix Ken's face alone in his spare time without gaining any profit from it
>a big company like Capcom with hundreds of artists can't

Really makes you think.
>>
>>383489039

Combos aren't about expression. It's never been hard to work out the most optimal combos you're capable of doing consistently and just doing them over and over.

This combo meme needs to end. Combos have always been like less than 5% of what literally any street fighter has been.
>>
>>383489127
Something like bringing in new game mechanics, overhauling existing ones like crush counters, enabling antiairs to give a little followup combo or something for a better reward, basically changing the current meta

>>383489237
Fuck you Vega's Vtrigger is great >>383487247
>>
>>383489237
Ryu's V-Trigger is alright, it gives you chargeable fireballs, more damage in most special moves and access to a more powerful CA. That's a lot better than shit like Cammy or Zangief.
>>
The combos really aren't that long in GG and most of the longest ones have looping sections. Unlike something like Blazblue or Uniel where the long combos tend to go through the entire movelist.
>>
>>383489369
Changing the meta isn't risky at all, fighting games do it all the time, SFA did it back in the day and nobody complained.
>>
>>383489039
>Combos are good though
to some extent, variety and expression is cool and all but getting into a combo loop of 30+ hits is not fun at all which turns people off, sf5 might not have the longest combos or the same depth but at least they don't need to wait 10 seconds until the combo is done.
>>
>>383489258

Hahahahaha, fuck no. That looks horrible. He looks like that fucking bear avatar of the silent guy from that forum cap about some cringey shit. Can't remember exactly what it was, something about having a trans girlfriend or something.
>>
>>383489363
The optimal shit is usually difficult and in a game with real variety you can decide different routes to try different things for example with my main in blazblue hakumen in the corner I can go a route that uses a Gurren wallbounce and get an ambiguous corner cross up after it that loses to dps, or I can end with air combo into agito for max damage and a safe jump.
>>
>>383489369

It is both shit and lame. Legitimately the worst vtrigger in the game alongside fang and ryu.
>>
>>383489470
I'm sure people would complain if Capcom brought in an instant block system or something, even if it was a good thing. Some people don't want the system mechanics to change radically, which is what I think what is needed to make the game interesting.
Even if it isn't that risky, it's about what Capcom thinks is risky. They have been playing their cards super safe with SFV until now, trying to cater to everyone

>>383489805
Nice shit opinion
>>
>>383489885

Name a worse and less inspired vtrigger. I'll wait.
>>
>>383489945
FANG.
Why do you think Vega's is so bad?
>>
>>383489885
I personally think that for Capcom making a season with all new characters was probably the biggest risk they could take with SFV, if Season 2 only had fan favorites like Sagat, Sakura, etc the game would probably be a lot more popular than it currently is, but I honestly think the new characters are well designed so it's a welcome change for me.
>>
>>383490015

I already told you FANG and Ryu's are equally as shit an uninspired. You're going to have to do better than that.

It's bad because it's not better than any other vtrigger and he is also quite possibly the worst character in the game at building vmeter.
>>
Speaking of V-Triggers what exactly is the use of Ken's V-Trigger? I was never able to figure it out.
>>
>>383490176
I'm talking about design perspective, not balance perspective. Sure, it should probably be tweaked like many things with Vega, but I think it's definitely way more interesting because of aforementioned reasons than "cancel a normal and have slightly buffed moves for 10 seconds"- V-trigger number 13
>>
>>383490371
Gives him access to more juggles and insane burst damage
>>
It makes me butt hurt because I just don't understand. There isn't even one group of people who actually praise the game and don't fold to the popular opinions instantly. Whether it's top player or scrub they will complain about the game all the time as if it's the worst thing they've ever played but won't do anything about it. Sponsored players calling the developers retards and brain dead children over changes in interviews or on twitter and I don't understand why shit like this is what's the most vocal about SFV. It's fucking gross and a really bad look for that games scene.
>>
>>383490371
cancelling and better frame data
probably also better damage on some moves, but i'm not sure about this one
>>
>>383481429
Because it's undeserved.
>>
>>383490396

cancel a normal and have slightly buffered normals is more interesting than combo extender, AA that should be WAY better than it actually is because vega has AA problems as is and anti-fireball that he legitimately does not need at all.
>>
File: laura.jpg (61KB, 522x654px) Image search: [Google]
laura.jpg
61KB, 522x654px
Because it's a bad game.
>Everything about the Fight Money System
>Charging five bucks per character when literally every expansion to SFIV had more content for value than anything currently released for SFV
>Putting decent stages and costumes behind paywalls
>Survival Mode
>There is STILL NO FUCKING ARCADE MODE
>Shit online functionality that takes forever to find a match
>Awful loading times caused ENTIRELY by the online nature of the game
>Says it's the most accessible Street Fighter yet it took them over a year to put in a Trials system that actually teaches optimal combos
>Starting roster was boring as shit, very few of the new characters are interesting. Friendly reminder that fucking GUILE was DLC
>UI design is shit
>Half the cast looks great while the other half are either mediocre or downright shitty (Ken, Ibuki, Alex, Akuma, Guile)
>Story mode was filled with plot holes and was overall horrible, only played for Fight Money
>Character story modes are fucking slideshows done by Bengus who is senile and shit (pic very fucking related)

Notice how none of the points I made above are related to the actual gameplay itself. Not even going to talk about the "Daddy can I be OP now?" balance philosophy that makes sure that the same character's never on stream for more than a few months, or the fact that the V-Trigger system is just an FADC and does very little else to make the character more interesting to play. SFV is a fucking abomination that should've been left in the oven for another two fucking years. If SFV was released as it is today last year on release day it would STILL not fucking be enough to fix it.
>>
>>383490575
AA is great even if situational. Anti-fireball is great even if situational.
That's what I like about it, it gives you situational tools that reward good awareness and play.
>>
>>383490782

The AA is garbage. Garbage arc that doesn't help you where he has the most problems reliably anti-airing and no invinciblity. There isn't a single reason it shouldn't be invincible. The start-up is already longer than it should be and the guy is the worst vmeter builder in the game. He can't combo into super off it either.

Every vtrigger in the game gives you situational tools, without exception. What are you even trying to say situational tools?
>>
>>383490679
>doesn't like Surival mode
>wants an Arcade mode

what's the actual difference
>>
I don't get how people always ask for an arcade mode, the most pathetic kind of gameplay you can provide. At least just fucking say that they didn't bother with singleplayer content instead of asking for a fucking arcade mode which is just fucking unnecessary.
>>
File: Fucking Idiot.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Idiot.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>383491000
>>
>>383491079

Wow, nice answer. I love the self-deprecation.
>>
>>383491000
nothing
>muh 3 seconds of drawings and 2 lines of dialogue
trips never lie

capcom is stupid for not putting it in tho, unluckily lots of people buy fightans to play single player modes
>>
>>383486149
ST player here. That's actually the main reason I play it.
>>
File: 63727144_p0.jpg (227KB, 858x618px) Image search: [Google]
63727144_p0.jpg
227KB, 858x618px
>>383491000
>sfv launched with individual story modes and survival
>arcade mode is basically survival + individual story
they could have an arcade mode at launch as well effortlessly how did they fuck up so hard is beyond me.
>>
I want to know if it is possible to defend SFV without using the "lul it's more successful than SFIV just look at the numbers" argument.
SFV has never been even close to decent, since it's launch it has never addressed the core problems of the game. Capcom realised the game is not fiancially stable so they just keep pumping out 5$ costumes for the waifu shitters.
If you ask me CC has given up on V quite some time ago, they are probably hoping that MvCI will save their ass, oh how wrong they are....
>>
>>383491474
They were like the retard you're responding to.
>HURRR who cares about single player content, amirite?
Guess what? They were all fucking wrong.
>>
File: Instant_transmission.png (662KB, 1672x941px) Image search: [Google]
Instant_transmission.png
662KB, 1672x941px
Leave the fighting game genre to me
>>
>>383491673
If Smash can't beat SFV numbers then DBFZ is dead on the water.
>>
>>383485808
ST is a good game
>>
>>383491673
it is an arc sys game anon. it is going to have a decent amount of players at launch , than be dead in the next 3 months and the remaining community will just use whatever 3 characters are more powerful.
>>
>>383491000
Survival has many similarities to Arcade Mode, but it's not Arcade Mode. When I say Arcade Mode, I think fighting around 8-12 CPU opponents at a selected difficulty to get used to my character and maybe watch a cutscene or two, with a rival battle in the middle with a few voice lines between the characters to show they have history. It's a mode you can just start whenever you want if you don't feel like going online to fight some enemies in a low pressure environment. The Problem with Survival Mode is that it's way too fucking long and since you get nothing when you lose and there's no continue option it's just frustrating as shit. I would GLADLY give up the Fight Money reward if it meant that I could start at a later point in Hell Mode (maybe every ten levels) to get the fucking colors. The AI is also braindead retarded and not well-designed; it either blocks your attack or it doesn't, almost feels like a fifty fifty most times. The point spending system would be interesting if it wasn't HP when you're low and ATK when you're high, and also if the rewards weren't fucking randomized in power. But the absolute worst part of Survival compared to Arcade is all the fucking loading you do. There is no, I repeat NO FUCKING REASON that the game shouldn't be able to keep you on the same stage and fight a series of characters with little to no loading. Hell Mode Survival at 100 fightable characters takes over an hour for each character, and I honestly think the mode could be over in like 20 minutes if they'd just made it so that enemies load in one by one after you beat them and select a buff.
>>
>>383491746
Smash is a party game, not a fighter.
>>
>>383490986
The AA isn't garbage if you know when to use it, I mained Vega back when I played.
The other V-triggers are situational in the sense that you can only use them when you have the trigger available, yes, but they're basically used only for damage increase or for making stuff safe. You're not going to find new openings with the normal V-triggers, Vega's V-trigger basically functions as a new move with new angles covered (instead of old angles except better), which is why I like it
>>
>>383491546

It is possible to defend because, it's spite of it's countless problems it has always been a better game than any version of SFIV and 3S. The whole idea of street fighter as a fighting game series in comparison to any other fighting game series is that it's supposed to be the most traditional fundamental fighting game. SFV is more traditionally fundamental that both the games I already mentioned as well as any other fighting game people actually play on the market.
>>
>>383491796
>it is an arc sys game anon.
No, it's not. I mean, sure it is, but nobody cares, the thing is that it is a DBZ game first and foremost, and an amazing looking one. As long as they don't drop the ball, it's gonna sell gangbusters.
>>
>>383491895
Arc Sys made DBZ games for the 3DS already and they all sold like shit.
>>
>>383491853

I too have played Vega and I'm telling you, it is shit and lame, any good player will tell you the same deal. If you want to bring in this "I played him thing" then give me your cfn so I can look at your replays and see what kind of player I'm arguing with.
>>
>>383483206
I installed HoN again the other day and I can't remember my password and every email I tried on the site won't work for passwod recovery

Wanted to see what it's like now, and I bought the game back when it was 30 bucks so should have all the new heroes.

Feel kinda sad, but probably better off not seeing what it's become.
>>
>>383491546
>oh how wrong they are....

Nigga if you think MvC Infinite won't be successful you're out of your mind, capeshit right now is as big as it will ever be.
>>
>>383484095
Killer Instinct
>>
>>383491895
>No, it's not. I mean, sure it is, but nobody cares
I guess my point wasn't that clear.
It is an anime fighter anon, it might have the dbz and it probably will sell well, but just like NRS games the playerbase will be dead in a few months and all the other things i mentioned before will happen.
>>
>>383491995
Are you talking about the neutral or crouching trigger?
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
>>383491952
>fighting games
>3DS
>>
>>383492095

All three are shit. The entire vtrigger is comparitively shit when looking at everybody else in the cast.
>>
>>383492038
i think he's right
launch is shaping un to look like sfv's one
people are already shitting on it for how it looks and the demo didn't help
which is sad, because it looks like a fun game
>>
File: 1497686164723.jpg (22KB, 384x363px) Image search: [Google]
1497686164723.jpg
22KB, 384x363px
>>383481869
it still average 40k+ on main events...literally the same for sf4 excluding evo/capcom cup numbers. It's following SF4's path again of people watching fightin' more than people actually playing the game as usual
>>
>people think DBZ will beat MvC in the long run

LOL, MvC already has history as a fighting franchise, it has a estabilished playerbase, if you think MvC pros will be like "hey I'm going to play some DBZ from now on" you're going to be dissapointed, DBZ will have GG pros flocking to it at best.
>>
>>383492082
dbfz will exactly be like persona where a lot of people form other communities play it for awhile but once the game is figured out the series aspect will disappear and it'll just be another kusoge. doesn't help that there's no arcade release planned either so japan won't play it.
>>
>>383492207
I mean, that's fine even if you think like that (I don't agree).
It doesn't change my point about the idea of the V-trigger even if it did 3 damage and had the shittiest hitboxes in the game.
>>
>>383492261

It's going to be even more of a disaster than SFV. At the very least SFV was a significant graphical improvement to 4 and it has all new assets with great animations.

MvCi is virtually all recycled assets put underneath a graphics that looks significantly worse than the last MvC game that came out over half a decade ago.
>>
>>383492440

What point?
>>
>>383492425
>doesn't help that there's no arcade release planned either so japan won't play it.
then it is doa. arcade releases are not even difficult to do in japan since the same machines hold a shitload of different games.
>>
>>383492696
The most popular arcade machine in Japan right now is the Taito Type X series which are nothing more than a PC running a modified version of Windows, if the game has a PC version then there's no excuse for the lack of an arcade release.
>>
>>383492578
That it's way more interesting from design standpoint than most of the V-triggers in the game because it isn't just a cancel into small buffs? Have you even been reading my posts?
>>
File: nobody_wants_shotoclones.jpg (152KB, 1089x818px) Image search: [Google]
nobody_wants_shotoclones.jpg
152KB, 1089x818px
>>383491616
>Hey capcom we don't want arcade mode anymore
>Pls capcom no more shotoclones
I don't know what was the worst feedback, this and Woshige avoiding so hard to not make sfv play similar to sfiv.
>>
Fighting games are dead
>>
>>383492850

It's a cancel into super or nothing. It's even more boring. It's nothing more than a mediocre combo extender (which virtually every vtrigger also does), an AA that should be way better than it is and an anti-fireball tool that the character doesn't need in any way.
>>
File: Fighting Games Tier List v1.2.jpg (2MB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Games Tier List v1.2.jpg
2MB, 1500x3000px
>>
>>383492875
to be fair, people play ryu because he's basic af
most people are bad like me and prefer to play a simple and straightforward character, then later move on to something different but not too much, like another shoto
>>
>>383492875

Probably arcade mode because, believe it or not, the shotos aren't "clones" anymore. They weren't even clones in SFIV but casuals were too dumb to understand that already, now it's even more brutally true.
>>
>>383492875
I hope whoever redesigned Akuma as fucking Mufasa gets testicular cancer and dies.
>>
>>383493152

Fuck off, it's awesome. He's like an evil grown-up bam-bam.
>>
File: 1469233348577.gif (224KB, 1600x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1469233348577.gif
224KB, 1600x1332px
>>383492993
>>
>>383493235
Who, the kid from the Flinstones? The fuck are you talking about? This was supposed to be Street Fighter, not Hanna Barbera Fighter.
>>
>>383493410

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

>>383493365

Needs garou on there.
>>
>>383493152
i'd be ok with the design if he didn't have that stupid top knot
>>
>>383492967
Maybe if it was the best AA in the game from all parts of the screen and maybe the anti-fireball part was replaced by another tool you could get what I mean.
I think it's cool to have unique uses for a V-trigger. I think that's why Vega's V-trigger DESIGN is cool even if it was the worst piece of shit in practice. Do you understand what I mean?
>>
>>383493152
i think concept art was posted here months ago that showed how akuma should look like and it was fucking awesome
but as always, capcom HAS to fuck up somewhere, and botched the 3d model
can't find it anywhere though

the problem is that his hair goes under the chin and on the neck (going through several bodyparts in the process) instead of transitioning into beard by continuing on the cheeks
also the knot top should be farther back
>>
>>383481429
Because the game rewards going HAM over footsies and defensive play. You are more rewarded in anime games for blocking than in street fighter because somebody like balrog will just knock your health down by 70% if you dont just pop off on him. Also I play on a $60 stick with 6f input delay and if you combine that with the 8f of lag I play with 14f input delay making linking with charge charters much harder.

>TFW all GG and BB combo tutorials completed but I cant get passed Chun Li's on SFV because I can't SBK after certain moves due to delay+recovery time.
>>
File: 1401572001774.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
1401572001774.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>383493365
>Morrigan
>Airdash
>>
>>383494020

>8f lag

>I have 14f input delay
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: SFV played got.png (1MB, 1031x1513px) Image search: [Google]
SFV played got.png
1MB, 1031x1513px
>>383481429
No one wants to play a dumbed down game with no neutral and 8 frames of input lag
>>
>>383494752
>no one wants to play
>and yet everybody do
>>
>>383481561
>>383481601
>>383481634
>>383481786
All of these tbqh
>>
>>383481429
>popularity
??????????
>>
>>383495052
see
>>383483412
>>
>>383481429
I just dont understand what holds it up when I really just did not enjoy it. Having to hear about it all the time then irks me off. Just my taste not being the same as the majority really.
>>
>>383481429
It's a failure that Capcom refuses to fix and most only play it for money in the tourny scene. It's one of the worst liked SFs in history but its constantly being shilled.
>>
>>383494337
cheap stick if you read my post if 8f is just a meme and it's 6.5 like you said, I have 12.5 f combined input delay.
>>
>>383489258
Nice nostrils and inbred eyebrows
>>
>>383481429
Because I HADOU KEN, HADOU KEN, and SHOURYUKEN'D their ass!!!
>>
>>383494859
That must be why its dead
>>
>>383481429

Because it's a bad game, but it's only alive because it's Street Fighter, and Capcom keep pumping money in the competitive scene to keep the relevant.
>>
>>383490679

>Everything about the Fight Money System

Common nigga, the only good thing about the game is the FM system. I have all dlc characters except Guile, Akuma and Ed, and I'm sitting at 450k fight money. And I didn't even play survival mode beyond easy.
>>
>>383493058

It's easier to focus on a gimmick than being well rounded for me. Mika/Alex main here.
>>
how the fuck do i beat akuma
the gayest fucking character ever, i have little issue with other characters, but akuma players make my fucking blood boil, it's the same exact fucking bullshit and there are times when it's literally impossible to do anything. they're second only to urien players who get one jab confirm and then they get to take away half of your fucking health (or all of it considering that once you finally get a wakeup, it'll most likely be some 50/50 retarded bullshit that'll result in a stun and then they can just hkick you into a perfect
>>
>>383493365
>I was so mad I made a non-animated gif
>>
>>383498626

I'm fine with Akuma until he begins demon flipping me.
>>
File: IMG_9151.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9151.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>383492332
Mods ban everybody that thought this was funny. EVERYBODY
>>
>>383484095

Its embarrassing you think combos are what makes you good at fighting games.
>>
>>383501229
It isn't, it just makes you win faster
>>
>>383485146
>They fuck up the balance where Boxer and Gief end up being the best characters in the game
>People are incredibly angry about how the match up is so one sided
>>
>>383491474

source?
>>
>>383501513
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63727144
It's a man, baby.
>>
>>383481429
>popularity

still mad about the 1.4?
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.