[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he need more power?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: DMC4SE_Vergil.png (2MB, 1445x2355px) Image search: [Google]
DMC4SE_Vergil.png
2MB, 1445x2355px
Why did he need more power?
>>
Because he's an insecure bitch boy with a small penis that couldn't save his mom.
>>
>>383480210
To feel more motivated
>>
>>383480210
Because otherwise he's not motivated
>>
>>383480274
It may be small, but it's bigger than Dante's!
>>
>>383480210
So that he could concentrate on preparations for the bash.
>>
>>383480210
He was probably the only person in the story who knew what to do with it
>>
>>383481420
What would he do with it?
>>
>>383480210
He's a weeaboo NEET that doesn't have a job so his power got cut
>>
Because Japan can't write a character to save their lives.
>>
>>383480210

to help protect his son.
>>
>>383481589
>random sect protects son just fine
>virgil can't do it with his current powers
This is all bullshit. Dante and Virgil have nothing to fear in the entire world.
>>
>>383481471
He wants to protect things that are worth to protect. At least thats what he said to Dante. His mothers death is the only real thing on earth that ever hurt him, maybe thats why he is so edgy and cool, because he went through shit.

Anyway, I guess he would get an angel wife, fuck her, and protect her, to compensate his mothers loss

I bet he is into breast feeding like the degenerate shota fetish there is
>>
>>383481950
>Dante
He's pretty much the One punch man of his world.
>Vergil
he got his ass handed to Mundus and Dante, he'll fear one of them at least
>>
>>383482297
Out of the three times Dante and Vergil fought Vergil won two times and he was severely weakened when he faced Mundus.
>>
>>383480210
To stop Mundus from coming back.

Vergil did nothing wrong.
>>
>>383482537
No he didn't? Did we play the same game? It's 1 win each and a draw, with Dante winning the latest. And at this point in the series, Dante is most definitely stronger than Vergil.
>>
>>383482537
>>383483242
Are we counting the 3 Vergil fights in DMC1? It is clearly stacked in Dante's favor.
>>
File: 1481910046905.png (581KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481910046905.png
581KB, 600x600px
It's probably because sees himself guilty for not protecting his mother when demons killed her. He hates being weak because that would mean he would fail to protect those he cares about or let alone himself. Which is why that's his motivation.

Pretty edgy, yes but the context makes it more understandable.
>>
It's frustrating to talk about DMCs story or lore because it's one of the most inconsistent video game series to exist and that's because Itsuno doesn't give much of a fuck about the story and there isn't a main writer either who holds all the strings together. If you ask Itsuno he will say that even the novel and the anime are canon, there is just no point with any speculation since there isn't really anything behind it. I also guarantee that Nero was imagined in the development of DMC4 for specific reasons regarding DMC4. It's extremely unlikely that the idea of Nero even began anywhere remotely near of the development of DMC3.

Hell, it's even completely open if Nero really is Vergil's son. They could go either way if a DMC5 comes out and I wouldn't be surprised at all though it must be said that it seems they will go the Vergil son route if DMC5 happens since it's good fanservice and they dropped a few small implications in 4SE.

For why Nero seeks power is likely because his character is written to embrace his devil side and because he sees his human side as a weakness so he may want to compensate for his human side. It's a direct contrast to Dante who embraces his human side and doesn't see it as a weakness at all.
>>
>>383484067
>For why Nero seeks power is likely because his character is written to embrace his devil side and because he sees his human side as a weakness so he may want to compensate for his human side.
Just like his father.
>>
>>383484067
>completely open

It's not. It's been confirmed in multiple sources, from Itsuno himself to art books and heavily, heavily implied within the game.

I don't understand how fucks like you still think its ambiguous when Dante himself tells Nero that Yamato belongs in the family. Nero isn't Dante's son and he's definitely not Sparda's so he has to be Virgil's. The SE Vergil cutscenes even make it more clear.
>>
I WANT IT I NEED IT
NEED IT TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED
>>
>>383484067
>telling us exactly the same that wiki says
You fucking moron
>>
>>383484523
In the game itself it isn't obvious at all for one very big reason. Vergil has possessed Nero and that is an undeniable fact which is proved by this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGw9aeF3f1w where he pretty much outright says that when his arm changed he heard Vergil quotes in his head.

Literally all of the demon powers Nero showed are a result of the remains of Vergil possessing him. He never showed any demon powers that were unrelated to the arm, he doesn't even have a true devil trigger but just borrows the one from Vergil in a stand like fashion. Dante saying that Yamato will remain in the family may also be directly correlated to the remains of Vergil being inside of Nero instead of Nero itself.

Itsuno also never said anything about this shit and that artbook was always anime tier in terms of facts.
>>383484901
Oh? So I don't rely on baseless fan theories and just tell the things that are based on facts? Wow, that really makes me the moron, retard.
>>
>>383485490
It makes you a moron to say the facts everybody knows already

Opinion is the vague construct that comes after the basis of facts. Your unjustified delusional haughtiness makes it hard to even reply to you, jesus. Fucking end yourself already
>>
>>383485930
Man you're such a bitter deluded cunt. I'm happy that subhumans like you will always be stuck in your 4chan exile.
>>
File: dmc4-2.png (809KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dmc4-2.png
809KB, 1920x1080px
>>383485490
>In the game itself it isn't obvious at all
Twice in-game it is outright said that he is a descendant of Sparda. Unless you're implying that being possessed by a fucking ghost suddenly changes your blood, or that Dante had a bastard son, you're being retarded.
>>
File: dmc4-1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dmc4-1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383485490
>>383487067
>*at least twice
>>
>>383487067
>>383487132
Which can mean anything. When the game got released many people speculated that he was the reincarnation of Sparda since his color scheme is red and blue, the colors purple is made of, which is the main color of sparda.

The sect could have even directly experimented with Sparda's DNA with Nero.
>>
>>383487520
Come on now
>>
>>383487621
I don't get posts like this. You are so sure of yourself that you take any implication for a fact. All I am saying is that is wasn't confirmed at all and open for interpretation in the original game and they obviously intended for it to be that way as sparingly as they handed out hints on Nero's origin. Even now Nero is still a mystery and it may be because DMC4 is unfinished or because they wanted to reveal more in DMC5.
>>
>>383487520
>Nero can't be Vergil's son because he is possessed by Vergil's ghost
>Actually, he might be a reincarnation of Sparda
What's next. Mundus created a clone of Vergil/Nelo Angelo but ditched him at an orphanage in Fortuna City?
>>
>>383487956
I never said that Nero can't be Vergil's son. I said that any proof for him being Vergil's son is directly correlated with the remains of Vergil possessing him. The only heavy implication that he is Vergil's son is in DMC4SE and that came almost a decade later.
>>
>>383481589

Why would his son need protecting? He's 1/4 demon and can fuck up even higher tier angels and demons.
>>
>>383487894
I wasn't the guy you were arguing before, but you're acting like they need to outright state "Wow you really are the son of vergil from the acclaimed devil may cry series" is pretty dumb
>>
>>383486136

>bitter and deluded
>coming from the guy who despite plethora of facts present in the franchise and statements by the developers, still decides to believe otherwise

l o l
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (147KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
147KB, 800x764px
>>383488649
How about "Featuring Nero the son of Vergil from the Devil May Cry Series" on the box?
>>
File: 1469392958128.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1469392958128.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>383487520

You'd rather believe Nero is the result of DNA experimentation, which is completely baseless, than that he is Vergil's son, which has incredibly obtuse hints and evidence.

And you say it's fucking open-ended? Take a step back and look at yourself you fucking idiot.
>>
>>383488346

Does ghost posession change your blood? Do you really think Dante wasn't passing on Yamato to a blood relation when he said Yamato stays within the family?

Everybody in the game except for Nero knows that Nero is Vergil's son.
>>
>>383488649
Nah, I'm acting like there isn't definitive proof in the game which is true.
>>383488728
>>383488849
Except I said in my very first post that it's very likely that Nero is Vergil's son and the argument is about the hints of him being his son in the original game. It was just one retard with primitive reading comprehension like you who took it as I outright denied it.
>>383488889
It's a statement left for interpretation. If you say it 100% implies that he is Vergil's son you are beyond retarded.
>>
>>383487520

People like you are the downfall of modern storytelling and video games. So fucking dumb that subtlety can no longer be an instrument, and instead need to be beaten over the fucking head with a plot point.

An inability to understand nuance is a symptom of aspergers. Get yourself checked.
>>
File: 1486069429320.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486069429320.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>383489049

WOW TOTALLY LEFT FOR INTERPRETATION.
>>
>>383487894

It wasn't open to interpretation. Just because no one outright said it, doesn't mean that there is wiggle room for his origins. The game is very clear cut about who Nero is. Not everything has to be spelled out to the audience. I guess it's the game's fault for assuming you had the intelligence to put two and two together.

>>383489049

It's not open to interpretation when there are no other plausible interpretations and the game multiple times implies that Nero is Vergil's son. There is no other interpretation because ghost possession does not make you a bloodline descendant of Sparda.
>>
>>383488826
"Featuring Nero the boy who was posessed by Vergil from the Devil May Cry Series"
or
"Featuring Nero who was maybe experimented on with the DNA of Sparda, despite some pretty obvious clues that he's probably the son of Vergil from the Devil May Cry series"
>>
>>383480210
He needs it to protect everything and every one, including himself.
>>
>>383489167
No one can be this retarded. Subtlety is used because you want interpretation to happen and make people think.
>>383489294
Not in game, retard. Get reading comprehension, retard.
>>383489371
There are tons of other interpretations. For a sect worshiping Sparda and experimenting with demons and having parts of Vergil that they used in their angels etc there are even more options. The setting is the breeding ground for a shitload of interpretations. You just have wishful thinking, everything dropping a slight hint becomes definite proof for your delusions.
>>
>>383489294
>twisted personality

what
>>
>>383489584
If your son was born black, what would your conclusion be?

That your wife fucked a black guy, or that she experimented with black dna or was possessed by a black guy?
>>
>>383489719
If she gave birth in the institute for infusing people with black DNA I would be unsure.
>>
>>383489584
>Not in game, retard.

>from the official CapcomTM artbook
>i-it doesn't matter!

I guess you would prefer the intro to DMC4 to be Nero being birthed from Virgil's wife's vagina, then Virgil applying for a DNA test and having it shown on screen.
>>
>>383490123
The argument is not about Nero being ultimately the son of Vergil which he is. It is about the in game hints of the original game which lead to that conclusion. Just stop replying, retard.
>>
>>383490123
Vergil's wife? It be sad if he failed to protect her too. Would explain dmc3's need for power a bit more
>>
>>383490280

Your goalposts have moved incredibly far. Your original statement was that it was open ended and that series afterwards could take it either way. But if Nero, like you are now agreeing, is really Vergil's son, then it's not exactly open ended and can't be taken either way, can it?

Just take the loss already and give up. You have nothing to save here.
>>
File: 1499495227542.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499495227542.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
>>383482008
>breast feeding
>>
>>383490417
Oh here we go again. It's about the famous persistence in winning an argument on /v/. My original post was about the inconsistency of DMCs story so I said they could easily go both ways if they wanted to, but ultimately they probably will go with Nero being Vergil's son since they dropped additional hints in 4SE and it's great fanservice. The lack of reading comprehension in explicit favor of winning arguments is absolutely pathetic.

Here I lost the glorious rhetoric battle on /v/ where everyone presents highly intelligent arguments and doesn't just cut corners wherever they want. Are you happy now? Print that declaration out and put it on your fridge for your mom to see.
>>
>>383490849

The definition of inconsistency is saying one thing and then contradicting it. Where has DMC4 ever contradicted the hints that Nero is Vergil's son? Reading your posts, it's clear English isn't your first language and that you have some serious issues in understanding the euphemisms present in the language, so I'll forgive you for the gross misunderstanding that you're carrying.

But it's not open-ended. It's been confirmed by staff and external material. If 5 were to ever come out, and it was explicitly stated Nero is NOT Vergil's son, that would be where the inconsistency is present, and when the fanbase would be in mass confusion because it's basically accepted by everyone, Capcom and the playerbase, that Nero is Vergil's son.
>>
>>383489584
Okay lets take some of the hints from the game.
>Dante wants the Yamato to stay in the family
Nero is Vergils son: Works out
Nero is some mishmash of Vergil and Sparda parts: I dunno, I feel like Dante wouldn't exactly call him family then.

>Trish call's him "descendant of Spardas blood"
Nero is Vergils son: Checks out
Nero is a mishmash of Vergil and/or Sparda parts: descendant is the important word here
I was gonna go on but you get the point, just because something isn't clearly stated, doesn't mean it's left up for interpretation.
>Hell, it's even completely open if Nero really is Vergil's son.
This was in your original post, and you were implying that they hadn't planned for the fact that he is Vergils son, and I just don't agree with that.
>>
>>383491193
I explicitly talked about the inconsistency in the entire DMC series like for example DMC4 Dante being based on DMC3 Dante instead of the adult Dante we have already seen in DMC1 and 2 and I won't even start with the other canon content like the novel and the anime. The open endedness was stated because of the inconsistency the series carries and the overall devil may care attitude to the general story when it comes to the writers and Itsuno. The events of the original game left room to go in either direction which is the entire argument.
>It's been confirmed by staff
I heard this countless of times this thread and I want source now. From what I know only one guy from the staff confirmed it and he wasn't even on the japanese team but some marketing guy in a foreign capcom division.
>>383491365
I already explained that the original hints left doubt because Vergil's remains possessed Nero. Nero didn't show a hint of his original inherited power. His entire demon power is completely based on Vergil's possession. His arm is a part of Vergil and therefore he possesses blood of Sparda.

Why the fuck would they even say Sparda if he is the direct son of Vergil? At this point Sparda is fucking irrelevant and there is no fucking reason to not outright say blood of vergil.
>>
DMC lore would be better off if 1 and 2 were completely decanonized
>>
File: 1497564817602.png (210KB, 351x327px) Image search: [Google]
1497564817602.png
210KB, 351x327px
>>383492256
2 makes since, but why 1
>>
>>383492529
because tying in the Vergil we know from 3 (and slightly 4) to the vaguely defined boss of 1 diminishes his character and makes him look like a wimp

everything people love about the series starts with 3
>>
>>383492181
>His arm is a part of Vergil and therefore
Where was this in the game? First you talked about posession, now it's like Vergil just gave his arm to Nero.
>At this point Sparda is fucking irrelevant and there is no fucking reason to not outright say blood of vergil.
Sparda is known by every demon as the guy who pretty much saved humanity, Vergil is pretty irrelevant compared to him. Is this you going back to the "Nero is the reincarnation of Sparda" theory?
>>
File: still canon.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
still canon.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
>>383492181
>and 2
Because DMC4 is a prequel. In bold fucking letters.
Impossible to be a prequel of 1 or 3 since Sparda sword exists and Dante is visibly older than both incarnation.

>Novel and the anime
not in-game material, not fucking canon. I can do it too
Events in the novel contradicts the games, like the Gilver twist. Or Nero losing red queen in the savior body.
Other than the producer of the games being involved with the anime, and him saying it takes some time after DMC1 in some interview, it's canon status is up the air.

>DMC4 Dante being based on DMC3 Dante
Because DMC3 Dante is more popular than DMC1 Dante at the fucking time. Even if the personality/motive switch makes no sense, so fucking what. Create a fucking head canon for why that is for all I care, doesn't change that 3 1 4 2 Dante are all the same character at the end of the day.
>>
>>383493164
When he got the arm he immediately heard Vergil in his mind which a pretty huge implication that his arm is not his own power but is power given to him trough Vergil.

And I meant when Dante and Trish talked about Nero being Sparda's blood. If they both knew that he is Vergil's son there is no point to talk about Sparda, it's way closer to talk about Vergil.
>>383493189
The director of the anime worked closely with Itsuno to make sure they got the anime right. The canon status is a fact. Your goalpost moving in your entire post makes me not even want to reply further.
>>
File: Aura.jpg (182KB, 522x680px) Image search: [Google]
Aura.jpg
182KB, 522x680px
The sheer retardation in this thread is astounding.
>>
>>383493834
>And I meant when Dante and Trish talked about Nero being Sparda's blood.
Well Trish is a demon so it probably makes sense for her.
Real reason is that it would have been anticlimatic as fuck if they were like "oh he's vergils son btw"
They probably didn't out right say it out right, not because they wanted people to have different interpretations, but probably because they know people like figuring things out.
>>
>>383495128
>out right say it out right
I'm a retard ignore this
>>
>>383493834
>The director of the anime worked closely with Itsuno to make sure they got the anime right
Oh really, source that one fuck nut. Also, Hideki Kamiya was very involved with the novels, and the Dante in those are close to how he envisions them, doesn't make them canon. None of the events of DMC anime are even mentioned in any shape way or form in DMC4.

>goalpost moving
Point where fucking moron. DMC timeline of events was never inconsistent. It always went as 3, 1 ,4 ,2. People only wish DMC2 was never canon because the gameplay was fucking terrible.
>but muh Dante personality is different
And is Raiden from MGR not the same Raiden from MGS4 because he is not as much of a mopey shit.

>Dante and Trish talked about Nero being Sparda's blood
They never did.
>>
>>383495771
>They never did.
>>383487067

Post immediately invalidated. Play the game first before you post again.
>>
>>383495970
>Post immediately invalidated. Play the game first before you post again.
Same could be said to you, you stupid fuck. The pope said that.
https://youtu.be/BTQq5BOqIPI?t=1h10m29s
Not once in the entire fucking game, does Trish or Dante talk about Nero's heritage.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.