[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they always "gamers?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: gamer.png (84KB, 958x444px) Image search: [Google]
gamer.png
84KB, 958x444px
Why are they always "gamers?"
>>
>>383470502
>Serena has been a game enthusiast since an early age*

I don't get it either anon.
>>
And since when is backing games something you put on your CV?
>>
>>383470502
since when did gamers have a problem with the word gamers? oh yeah its another neo /v/ thing that nobody adult actually cares about
>>
>>383471774
When you don't have shit for accomplishments.
>>
>>383471843
Playing videogames should not define your identity anon
>>
>>383471774
>>383471861
>a short bio on a website is a curriculum vitae

let's play spot the young child who doesn't know the meaning of terms they use
>>
>>383471843
Pretty much, it doesn't matter. Nothing matters.
>>
>>383471901
that's funny it defines yours
>>
Are we ignoring the fact that that thing is obviously not a woman?
>>
>>383471965
Im a writer anon, i have no identity
>>
>>383471908
>a short bio on a website is a curriculum vitae
>a short bio
>bio

And to emphasize my point

>a brief account of a person's education, qualifications, and previous experience, typically sent with a job application.
>a person's education, qualifications, and previous experience
>education, qualifications, and previous experience
>>
>>383472084
who cares?

let me give you a recipe for a miserable life: sit on this website unceasingly concerning yourself with the things you don't like

who fucking cares dude its a tranny omg never seen one before
>>
>>383472128
>And to emphasize my point

yes, to emphasize your point you don't know what a CV is if you think that is one

don't worry, you don't have to understand this; having a CV will never be important to you. You're a "job application" type.
>>
>>383471843
Since nu-gaming culture adopted the word for self-identification.

Self-identification is cancerous regardless but videogame software identifies your input as a player, not a gamer.
>>
>>383472250
>Since nu-gaming culture adopted the word for self-identification.

im going to wager you dont know fuck all about "gaming culture" since the word "gamer" was in heavy use in the fucking eighties

you are like 15 you dont know the first fucking things about video games their history or their culture you have never been to an arcade you dont even play games online with other people fuck you kid
>>
Never said it was never prevalent before, the point I made was that it became cancerous when the current culture adopted the word and coined it as their own creation.

>implying
Stop projecting. I'm probably older than you
>>
>>383472328
>>383472250
yeah that's what i thought you worthless little fag

now how about this: you don't take MY word that *I* fucking use to self identify for well over 25 years and attribute it to trannies and shit as an excuse to FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT SHIT

WANNH WANNH THEY TOOK MY WORD

WELL, YOU APPARENTLY DIDN'T WANT IT ANYWAY, AND THINK YOU ARE TOO COOL TO CALL YOURSELF A GAMER WHEN YOU GREW UP FUCKING STUFFING POKEMON CARTRIDGES INTO YOUR URETHRA. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>383472201
People on this site won't know the difference, for the most part.
>>
>>383471901
As long as you do more than just play them like a mindless simpleton (ie analyze them, figure out what the gameplay implies, etc), I don't see why not. It's not any different from being a film buff.
>>
>>383472726
Again, self-identification is the first sign of a faggotry. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>383471843
the problem isn't the word gamers, the problem is that's a man
>>
>>383470502
She reminds me of that mongoloid at minecon who wanted notch to join her dad's minecraft server.
>>
>>383472328
45 year old here. Literally NO ONE said "gamer" until like 10-15 years ago. Go fuck yourself, you meme parroting faggot.

>>383472250
This is correct. "Identity" is literally the worst thing that ever happened to human civilization.

>>383472726
This poster is literally a homosexual.

>>383471843
Since always. Game journalists are the ones that popularized it to begin with. Anyone that "self-identifies" is literally subhuman.
>>
>>383471843
>neo-/v/ has a problem with the word gamers
>neo-/v/

Confirmed for new
/v/ has been taking the piss and shitting on the term "gamers" as some sort of identity since "gamer fuel" back in 2007, you faggot.
>>
>>383473336
holy shit...gamer fuel was 10 years ago?!

where did the time go
>>
>mention a hobby I have
>WAW HOLY SHIT DUDE THAT SHOULDN'T DEFINE YOUR LIFE??!!!!!???
Who reacts like this?
>>
>>383473336
THIS GUY FUCKING GETS IT.
>>
>>383473248
>Game journalists are the ones that popularized it to begin with
This was always the case
>>
File: gohome.jpg (77KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gohome.jpg
77KB, 1920x1080px
ITT
>>
>>383472201
Corporate America from birth here, it's unprofessional. We don't need to know you like to play vidya.
>>
>>383470502
Right on fellow kid.

Gamers are Dead.

#4thePlayers #ThePoweroftheCell #AllIwant4XmassisaPSP
>>
>>383473336
>2007 isn't neo-/v/

LOL
>>
>>383471901
this is for a game kickstarter
so yeah, no shit they talked about her gaming experience, they aren't going to talk about her fucking tennis history are they?
>>
>>383473248
>"Identity" is literally the worst thing that ever happened to human civilization.
I think it would be fairer to say, postmodern consumer identity politics (ie gamergate shit) is a cancer on human civilization. Self-identification is of course a natural part of human psychology, and the word "gamer" is acceptable as an anodyne descriptor of people who play games as a hobby.
>>
>>383470502
Well, at least she was raised by patrician games and platforms.
>>
>>383473968
Fellow booker, filmer and musicer here, you bring up a good point.
>>
>>383473843
2005-2007 was literally /v/'s golden age.
>>
>>383473843
if you didn't post cockmonglers and remember /l/ in 2003 you're a newfag
>>
>>383473968
you are literally the worst person in the thread
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.