[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1521x2147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1521x2147px
I bought a Wii U and want to replay some Wii games that I missed out
>>
Yeah it's pretty good, opinion of it seems to have improved over the years since the sequels were much worse
>>
>>383470167
a wii U isn't a wii OP
we've been over this countless times
>>
>>383470167
Mediocre gameplay, but still has the soul and charm of the first two Paper Mario games, go for it
>>
>>383470167
It's ok,

Try out sin and punishment 2, now that's a good game.
>>
>It's up to you to save all the worlds, Mario!
>Nah.
>GAME OVER
Shame it departed from the turn-based combat of the first and second, but it's still a lot of fun to play through in my opinion.
>>
What other games can you recommend?
>>
I really like it, it was my first paper Mario and I felt like it got shat on unfairly.
>>383470759
Eledees/Elebits.
>>
>>383470167
YES
>>
Just remember Op, Super Paper Mario is a platformer, not a full on rpg like the past two games. It has rpg mechanics where you level up and gain experience, but it's not turn based. Also, your "partners" don't have personalities or talk to you for shit besides Tippi. You just collect them and use their abilities, and that's it.

With that said, yeah I still think it's a good game. It has a good story and it does really make you care about some of the many minor characters you come across. I won't spoil it but there's a part where you come to a side character's story resolution and it's pretty damn sad when it ends. It just sort of reaches up behind you and punches you in the gut.

Also yes the gameplay is pretty fun despite the ract that this is a Paper Mario game and you just get a Mario game instead. It has some neat effects like when you can go full 3-D and stuff.
>>
>>383470167
play it for the memes
>>
Wario Land: Shake It!
Metroid Prime Trilogy in case you didn't play any of those.
Xenoblade Chronicles
S&P 2 like the other anon said
Punch Out!
No More Heroes
both Super Mario Galaxy games
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (though the vita port has extra story modes you can't get that seemed more interesting)

others but I can't be bothered to get up and look at my games.
>>
File: 1485038753537.jpg (5KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
1485038753537.jpg
5KB, 234x215px
>used to get up early to play this before school
>beat it, forgot everything
>bought the game again almost 2 years ago
>still haven't touched it
>>
Fucking trash game.
>>
>>383470167
I would have preferred it as an RPG (especially in hindsight since the series is now dead) but it's still a decent game

For what it's worth it has the best story of amy of the PM games
>>
House of the dead: Overkill
Metroid Prime 3
Sin and Punishment 2
Fragile Dreams: Farewell ruins of the moon
Fatal Frame 2 (a very well done remake in my opinion)
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Return to dreamland
Trauma Center

I'd also recommend Muramasa, but the vita version is better. Also Fatal Frame IV, but I don't know if the Wii U can be patched to play it and it has some serious bugs. I still enjoyed it a lot and it's one of my favourites of the series.
>>
>>383471265
Dokey?
>>
I liked it. Fun game, and all the personality of paper mario is completely intact.
>>
>>383470167
Jumping may be awkward at first, but you get used to it once you get to World 1-2 and it becomes fun. I think the character designs are really cute, and the level design and music is certainly unique. My biggest problem is the fanfic story and World 6.
>>
File: 1478382773838.gif (736KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478382773838.gif
736KB, 480x270px
>>383470167
I fucking loved this game. Puzzles are simple but fun and the delivery is on point. Just dont flip out if it gets a bit slow.
>>
>>383470167
It is very good. The bad reception comes from it not being a true Paper Mario game.
It just borrow the aesthetics and RPG feeling of the others to create a platform-rpg hybrid, when everyone else wanted another TTYD.

The humour is nice, the story is incredible, the gimmicks work, level design is great, characters are entertaining. The platforming is simple but it works. It is overall just a really FUN experience.

There really isn't anything to hate on this game if you're not a Paper Mario fanboy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.