[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about playing these on my phone. Is 1 worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Thinking about playing these on my phone.

Is 1 worth playing?
>>
1 is probably my favorite. It's touching without being forced.
>>
>>383464932
1 is a bad game.
2 is a flawed game.
3 is a good game.
I would say skip 1. Come back to it later, if you really fall in love with the series. Start with 2 instead.
>>
>>383464932
1 Is by far my favourite out of the mother games, mostly because of the freedom you have. Most JRPGs don't do this, but it's almost impossible without a guide
>>
>>383465394

Kind of this but I think it all depends on your patience OP and how much you like old school JRPG's

3 is easily the best overall game (mechanicaly speaking as well)

I think 2 (EB) is probably going to give you a better enjoyment of 3 if you play it first.

I've never finished 1, been meaning to try the version with the patched encounter rates but I just have no drive to. I have the Wii U download of it but I just dont feel like it honestly
>>
>>383464932
All the sweet and memorable parts of 1 are hidden behind an outdated engine and poor mechanics.

For example, Ninten has a connection to the Queen of Magicant, which is done for the purposes of plot development, we don't see any emotion between the two.

Giegue from the outside appears as a sort of tragic antagonist, but nothing seems to guide his intents. Other than "oh he was told to do it"
>>
>>383464932
Play 2 and 3. You're not really missing out on anything by skipping 1.
>>
>>383464932
1 is good, but you have to be patient. The very beginning is a grind, but after that, you'll only need to grind for brand new characters. Other than that, it's a fun game aside from some of the dungeon designs. Duncan's Factory and that haunted house were just maddening.
>>
Hey Anons how come I was able to play Mother 3 like four times, but I can't stay interested in Earthbound for more than ten minutes? They're so similar
>>
>>383465525
This is why I want to start with Mother 1
Because I know if I start with 2 or 3, I wont want to go back and play the older games
If I don't like 1, I'll just pass on it and skip to 2
>>
>>383467627
earthbound take a while to get rolling. give it time to slow-burn
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.