[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (10KB, 328x128px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 328x128px
What went right?
>>
What the fuck even was the Subspace Emissary? What was the point?
>>
>>383463582
a bigger adventure mode I guess
>>
>>383463582
>What the fuck even was the Subspace Emissary?
those ROBs in disguise
>What was the point?
there was none

>What went right?
nothing, Melee's adventure mode was fun as fuck while SSE was hot garbage, Sakurai tried to make it epic and fell flat on his ass
>>
I'm mostly definitely wrong on this but I fucking loved it. The crossover aspect was super fun to watch and the OC story was actually pretty interesting in some parts.

Some of the environments were pretty bland though, and the Great Maze was enjoyable for me at least
>>
The cutscenes were 10/10
>>
>>383463526
Bloating the filesize of the worst official Smash in the most useless way possible. Aside from stickers I guess.
>>
It was really fun if you treated it like an action platformer/beat em up with a lot of great characters with unique movesets. It they had sold subspace emissary as a stand-alone game I would have bought it.
>>
File: 1496069596262.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496069596262.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
Friendly reminder that saving Zelda in the beginning is that canon version of the story.
>>
I liked it even if it played like a discount Kirby Game, and some of the enemies are just total bullshit on higher difficulties. Cutscenes were cute.

Wish we got that in Smash 4 instead of Sakurai deciding an entire single player mode should not be included just because cutscenes get posted to youtube.

Though I will say, I hate that SSE nerfed most of the cast's run speeds and jump heights. It made platforming sections awkward to play with the gimped movement.
>>
>>383463526
cutscenes
>>
I liked the original enemy designs
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 400x600px
>>383463901
>There were even cut cutscenes about Dedede and Meta Knight on the Halberd
Would have been beat to see.
>>
>>383463526
I hope they try this again someday. A sequel to it with the Sm4sh cast would be amazing. They could actually have Mario and Sonic have a proper interaction in the story.
>>
File: 1328423076345.jpg (91KB, 411x250px) Image search: [Google]
1328423076345.jpg
91KB, 411x250px
I enjoyed it immensely. The biggest flaw was the generic stages like the canyons, forests and so on. If it took more from nintendo games it would have been a much more enjoyable experience. It was a blast watching all the characters interact in those cutscenes.
>mfw this entire scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvYudEXWdA
>>
>>383464989
The generic stuff is a confusing decision.
They have their entire game history to work with, but they put in only some of Bower's minions as enemies, then make generic abominations for the rest of them.
>>
File: happening 2.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
happening 2.gif
973KB, 312x213px
Post yfw this happened
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKHQXuXE8qc
>>
File: 632.jpg (33KB, 314x561px) Image search: [Google]
632.jpg
33KB, 314x561px
>>383463526
Cutscenes were great.

I want another autistic crossover adventure next game. Bonus points if more of the enemies and bosses are from the reps respective IPs

>Dyna Blade for Kirby
>Draco Rex for Earthbound/Mother
>Eggman for Sonic
>Wily or Protoman for Megaman
>M. Bison for Ryu
>Buzzwhole for Pokemon
>Neo Cortex for eventual Crash rep
>>
The cutsenes were to die for.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-04-30-11h25m29s191.png (650KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-04-30-11h25m29s191.png
650KB, 720x540px
>>383465303
God story mode was a blessing
>>
As a teen I was really hoping for soemthing more from the game especially how much I loved melee. Unfortunately this really didn't go down well with me. Running around getting lost and trying to progress further all the while having to constantly kill enemies was the most annoying thing ever to me back then. Maybe I'd appreciate it more today
>>
>>383464989
>>383465303
>Halberd going head first into a giant laser cannon
>All those ships from various franchises fly out if the wreckage
>Theme starts playing
>It was all a distraction
>KIRBY'S FUCKING PISSED

Give me one good reason why this isn't the best goddamn cutscene in a video game ever
>>
It sucks that Toon Link, Wolf and Jigglypuff were developed too late ro be included in the story, I feel there could've been ways to include them had they been in development in time
>>
>>383463901
i dont think any enemies were that difficult

>>383464954
it annoyed me sh4sh didnt have a stoey
>>
>>383463826
Was Mario or Kirby winning canon?
>>
>>383465647
That's also the reason just comes out of nowhere at the final boss. Should have been introduced in a fight with Mario.
>>
>>383465864
*Reason Sonic
>>
>>383463526
Cutscenes were cool but actual level and enemy OC design was shit. A crossover game with an actual plot has potential but it needs to be something different, like a modern Super Mario RPG but with a party formed with Nintendo characters and locations from their games.
>>
I liked it just because it provided a decent singleplayer experience, story be damned. Smash 4's solo modes are pretty fucking lackluster in comparison.
>>
>>383465303
I'm such a fool for main themes setting in

If my microwave had a main theme that always plays during the last 20 seconds of heating I'd watch it and get hyped every time
>>
>>383463526
Sakurai wanted to let out another Kirby's Adventure and this was the result.

Side by side compare this with kirby superstar's gameplay
>>
>>383463526
Cool bosses. Some funny character interactions. Co-op.

Nothing else.
>>
>Tr4sh just has arcade mode

Why did that game have to be so fucking awful?
>>
>>383463526
it played bad and was kinda generic, but interactions were based
reminder that it's fine to have some inconsistencies because it's all child's play
>>
>>383466964
It has an amazing roster and isn't totally borked in terms of balance. That alone puts it way, way, way above Brawl.
>>
the idea I guess?
>>
It a subsurface story that didn't make the mistake of trying to be too much.
>>
Character interaction and cool bosses. The gameplay idea was fine but poorly executed.
I still miss it though, Smash 4 was fucking disappointing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.