[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

11 days and 13 hours until return of glorious BC days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

11 days and 13 hours until return of glorious BC days
>>
>>383462710
What? Why?
>>
>>383462710
Is it true that if you have retail and download this private version Blizzard will detect it and perma ban your account?
>>
>>383462906
no :)
>>
>>383463043
o_o
>>
>>383462710
what the fuck is this shit? vanilla or nothing faggots

INB4 gib me singleplayer wow
>>
>>383463101
I would love a single player WoW. I kinda wanna just walk the Earth, like Cane from Kung Fu.
>>
>>383463101
BC is good middle ground between vanilla's "only one spec for most of classes" and wotlk "fuck class identify"
>>
>>383462710
>Releasing on same day as Splatoon 2
Guess no TBC for me
>>
>>383463101
>not wanting to relive the glory days of SSC TK BT MH

fuck you
>>
>>383463259
It's not middle-ground because TBC has stronger identity for specs. Say, instead of being just worthless shit DPS spec that can't use its abilities debuff slot limit, shadow gains its identity as mana battery. Instead of there effectively being just one tank spec without any particular identity to it as there's just one, the three tanking specs have extremely pronounced strengths and weaknesses. Instead of druids spamming downranked big heal like the rest of the healing classes, they actually gain an identity as mobile HoT-based tank healers.
>>
>11 days and 13 hours until I can afk for my entire first year of university in Alterac Valley to gain honor for Welfare Epics

Neat
>>
is there a /v/ guild/discord going? please tell me its going to be horde
>>
>>383464568
how new
>>
>>383464568
There are two competing discords, you can get that info in the /vg/ thread for this.
However I really would stress that while playing with /v/ or /vg/ isn't always bad, this is one situation where you really really REALLY do not want to play with these people.
But you can see for yourself over in /felmg/ and don't need to take my word for it.
>>
>>383462710
3 months too late
>>
>>383462710
so where the fuck do I get this shit from
Its not official blizzard right?
>>
File: nani_scoob.png (257KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
nani_scoob.png
257KB, 500x465px
>>383463093
>>
File: 132268776329.jpg (83KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
132268776329.jpg
83KB, 429x410px
>>383464687
How can every conceivable form of cancer gravitate towards a single thread so effectively? Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>383462906
are you retarded, blizzard doesn't even permaban repeat botters and hackers
>>
>>383464568
No, and don't visit /vg/ no matter what anyone tells you
It is one of the worst, if not the worst, generals on that board
>>
>>383465495
please remove your hurtful comment
>>
>>383463101
Some people actually want good raids and specs that work faggit.
TBC was the start of that.
>>
>investing your time in another private server that will be dead after 2 months and shut down by blizzard shortly after
>>
>>383465996
Neo nostr is still alive and still doesn't have epic shop
>>
>>383462906
even if my blizzard account is of no value anymore, maybe except for Warcraft 3 CD keys, losing WoW and D3 wouldn't even hit me
>>
>>383465996
It's not unprecedented but vast majority of servers haven't been taken down by Blizzard (for example, Nostalrius wasn't taken down either, the admins got a Cease and Desist letter and shut it down on their own, while many servers have ignored them and nothing has come out of that).

This particular example is in the risk zone, though. It's being hosted in US which is at least traditionally thought to be easier for Blizz to reach (I don't know the differences in law but several of the servers that actually did get shut down were hosted in US, and some of the business-savvy organisations don't host their servers in US even though that's where the bulk of their playerbase is from) and while they seem to have changed the name to Felmyst at last minute, it was originally called "Burning Cursade" for goodness' sake (that's a trademark violation if I've ever seen one).

And besides threat from Blizzard, the admin is notorious for having shut down his previous projects more than once.

>>383462906
No.
>>
File: 1478457611591.png (737KB, 662x826px) Image search: [Google]
1478457611591.png
737KB, 662x826px
>Another good private server that will crumble in few months because of retards on /vg/
oy vey...
>>
>/wpsg/ still pushing this shit
Oh wow, How sad
>>
>>383466637
I've played other games with /vg/ and had fun, but one thing I've learned is that WoW with /vg/ (retail or private servers) is a fucking terrible idea.
I've never interacted with more obnoxious teenagers obsessed with ERP in my entire horrible life.
I think it may just be worse now than in the past due to discord being so readily available, making /vg/ primarily a dumping ground for guildmembers to shitpost/false flag or generally act cunty to other guildies. But I could be wrong as it's always been shitty to play WoW with /vg/.
>>
Crestfall when?
>>
>>383467243
The threads are nothing but shitposting
It hasn't changed a bit in 2 god damn years. /wpsg/, /nostg/, /krog/, /elyg/ and now /felmg/, it's all so shit I simply don't believe any other general can compete
>>
>>383467276
Late 2017 at the VERY earliest, they only just began scripting.
They were going pretty well after the elysium speedbump but rampant micromanaging and whitekidney getting caught botting/selling gold on various servers again created a lot of internal drama.
Two of the key dudes stopped working altogether for a few weeks and only now got convinced to continue, and rumors of official legacy stuff floating around have Asura rattled that years of his life are going to end up with all the interest vanishing overnight.

I'd gamble on early 2018 but I'm not an expert.
>>
Since the server is located in New York, how long is this server going to even last?
>>
>>383467478
>armchair lawyers
>>
>>383467421
It would be different if it was just bants and if they were there to have fun playing WoW with buddies. But most if not all people who post in those threads are there to attention whore, shitpost, or otherwise farm (you)s and that's about it.
Their guilds end up pretty much the same, just live action shitposting while being astonishingly awful at a 12 year old video game.
>>
Gummycraft is fucking awful. No thanks., Playing on a server where the owner could not even fix basic things like pathing on his old server AND he shut it down TWICE. You fucking rejects are faggots for supporting it.

Not only that it's in no way like actual BC with all his fucking awful shit tier custom changes like nerfed gear or locked content. Suck a millon dicks for supporting this. I'll be laughing when it gets shut down because he actually hosted in the US in 2 months.

Jesus its like you want the cancer that is paymane to win. Stupid faggots.
>>
>>383467243
Its not just wow, try playing with /vg/ in any other game. They suck at the games they play but will try to hide it behind "Im just pretending to be retarded XD". In the moment one generation of these retards grows up, another bunch is ready to take over. Who am I kidding these people never grow up.
Anyway I will play on felmyst but Im telling you everyone from /vg/ will leave in one month max
>>
>>383467276
Seriously, why the fuck people even care about crestfall when elysium exist
>>
>>383467478
About 1-2 months. The claim is all ready being pushed through on the legal side. This is pure arrogance of the highest order. Notice how everyone tries to deflect this legit criticism.
>>
>>383467478
No one knows and anyone that says they do is usually full of shit.
We have the big case that Blizzard won vs scapegaming, but that involved a hefty amount of RMT and never showed up to court.
Typically like another anon said, Blizz sends out C&D letters (I believe they have to in order to satisfy "protecting their ip") but rarely do they push further than that.
As an example, the nost thing was closed voluntarily by nost after their host got a letter. According to them it was to advance the legacy server issue.

I'm not a lawyer so I'd imagine it being hosted in NY would eliminate a lot of the hurdles blizz would have when sending letters to OVH, so there is that.
But there's also a common sense thing that would suggest they wouldn't want a repeat of the nostalrius issue when even mainstream gaming sites were shit talking blizzard and all in all it was garbage PR for them. With Legion dropping subs like crazy according to all census addons (and even mmo champ graphs) it would seem like the worst possible time to bring all of that to the forefront.
The only GOOD reason I could see for them pushing hard on gummycraft would be if they actually are going to give a firm answer on official servers rather than the non-committal stance they've had since forever.

TLDR: lol dunno
>>
>>383467869
>I believe they have to in order to satisfy "protecting their ip"
That's bullshit that copyright laywers/companies say to appear less nefarious.
>>
>>383467630
Using the original values of the gear before Blizzard buffed everything at the end of the expansion to help people catch up isn't nerfing gear, shithead. The only real change that could be considered custom is the 2050 ranking requirement on season 1 weapons
>>
File: based oleg.jpg (76KB, 675x286px) Image search: [Google]
based oleg.jpg
76KB, 675x286px
Interesting or not-very-interesting thing:
I've seen random russian names in the comments section of any site that has mentioned this upcoming server, all using different names but saying similar things. All using the same avatar.
So whether or not the server sucks, it even launching is considered a threat to the biggest TBC server already out which makes a lot of cash from it's cash shop.
>>
Is it 1x all the way from 1 to 70?
>>
>>383468195
Yeah.

>https://www.felmyst.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8-frequently-asked-questions-faq/
>>
File: Ylep4UE_d.jpg (9KB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ylep4UE_d.jpg
9KB, 343x400px
>no vanilla content
>>
File: 300px-Nok'tal_the_Savage.jpg (60KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Nok'tal_the_Savage.jpg
60KB, 300x413px
>>383463203
I just want to be a totem summoning Troll or a berzerking Troll warrior in a non-tab target locked game. WoW 2 never.
>>
>>383462906
I work as a Game master.

There has been several times where we get tickets from emails that have no blizzard accounts, or that do not have wow, claiming they have problems with their characters.

after a while of trying to figure out what the fuck is going on, even after several responses and replies about "dude you dont have an account with us and your character doesnt actually exist" we realize its on one of the hundreds of private servers

Since the private server clients aren't changed, the help button still creates a ticket in our official site, and its absolutely hilarious.

Just saying I personally dont give a fuck and its silly to think that private servers communicate in any way to the official account servers.
>>
>>383468658
It has everything up to BRD, they just decided their time would be spent somewhere that wouldn't be skipped by people going to Outland at 58
>>
File: mfw.png (162KB, 372x198px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
162KB, 372x198px
>>383469137
Attention folks, this man is lying. Support tickets made in a private server do not reach Blizzard.
>>
>>383469179
Oh good, I was worried no dungeons at all were done
>>
File: 1491795470447.png (31KB, 345x216px) Image search: [Google]
1491795470447.png
31KB, 345x216px
>>383469256
>all private servers are coded at all to redirect support tickets made from the official client
>its not just a shitty copy-paste job that barely works on its own
>implying that private servers HAVE support to begin with

someone here is lying, and it aint the man pretending to be a game master
>>
>>383467990
It was changed in may shithead, 4 months after launch. Are you this stupid?
>>
>>383469507
Sorry, no casuals allowed
>>
>>383469179
Implying you don't you need strat(both sides) and scholo in TBC.
>>
>>383467950
I'm under an impression there's something to that effect in trademark law but definitely not in copyright
>>
>>383470186
Has to do with this when it comes to trademarks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_trademark

It's the reason why companies like lego tell you that you shouldn't say legos, but LEGO bricks.

>The word LEGO is a brand name, and is very special to all of us in the LEGO Group Companies. We would sincerely like your help in keeping it special. Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over. Thank you!
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.