[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how's that game coming along Anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: big-list-game-engines.png (53KB, 890x400px) Image search: [Google]
big-list-game-engines.png
53KB, 890x400px
So, how's that game coming along Anon?
>>
Deleted the files, shut down the git, dissolved the team, sold one of my graphics cards and it's a huge weight off my shoulders, I haven't been this happy in a long while. I'm actually doing better at my real day job.
Don't make games.
>>
>>383459071
What was it like? Any pics? Also, good work on making a big decision like that, good games are fucking murder to make.
>>
>>383459071
>Not being NEET while making a game
Its impossible to make a good game without tons of time anon.

>>383458198
Haven't worked on it in a while, don't know if I even have time to finish.
>>
My gamemaker rpg branching dialogs work. Took me a while but it's all coming along

how about you OP?
>>
File: fuck.webm (3MB, 1680x928px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.webm
3MB, 1680x928px
just started working on my character controller and main camera.
>>
>>383460070
looks great anon. What software do you use to create your models?
>>
>>383459272
I'm a programmer by profession, so it was programming when I went to work, programming when I got home. I have nothing left of the game files and I told the team guys they can do with the files as they want (music guy and a co-code/art guy), compensation being my portion of the code I put in. There was a lot done, so it may resurface in some form or another.

>>383459406
It's true, I can't deny it was fun for a very long while. You need to just HAVE the time for it.
If I may correct my statement, I should say don't make a game UNLESS you have a ton of time.
>>
File: buh.webm (1MB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
buh.webm
1MB, 1280x640px
Everything is placeholder art but the hud.
I'm just testing out stupid shit at the moment.
>>
>>383460312
thanks, mate. blender for life!
>>
>>383460372
Placeholder shit is funny when its not so obviously intended to be posted on /v/
>>
>>383459928
I cant really talk about it or get into specifics for legal reasons, NDA and all. It's still quite early in development, but everything is coming along smoothly. Guess what the game is, and i'll let a little info slip.

>>383460372
Please put in more stupid shit, looks great so far and i'm digging the aesthetic of the characters.
>>
>>383460659
I'm not entirely sure what you're accusing me of.
>>
>>383460372
is this in gamemaker? looks nice. love the squishing animation when you take damage or land from a higher ground.
>>
>>383460372
moar
>>
Was thinking about doing some lite game dev, and Unity seemed kinda nice...

But then I saw all their stuff about licensing, support, upper limits on earnings...seems like if you made anything successful with unity, they just get free access to your anus.

Are there any open source game dev platforms that are decent?
>>
Pretty good. Working on colour schemes for levels and sound effects.
>>
Anyone get super depressed when you look at NES/Gameboy games?

They are like 120kb of data and are complete games and I can't produce 120kb of a random background object without hating it, me, the world and wanting to die.
>>
>>383461414
Just remind yourself that even in their simplicity, those were multi-man projects.
Just have fun and make shit because you wanna.
Don't worry about it looking amazing, settle for alright, and don't feel bad if you drop a project and start a new one.
>>
File: GIF.gif (21KB, 392x236px) Image search: [Google]
GIF.gif
21KB, 392x236px
>>383458198
Not a whole lot to speak of right now. I spent some time horsing around with Nuclear Throne Together's modding api since it's straight gml with no compile times. Got bored with that, so I'm setting up some basics -- a little console for debugging messages, input controller, text box system, etc.

I want to make a topdown, but something more akin to Hyper Light Drifter or Radio the Universe. Also, more lighthearted than those two games.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.