[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I offer that in hindsight, all bugs or glitches are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1422559748753.jpg (123KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
1422559748753.jpg
123KB, 962x642px
I offer that in hindsight, all bugs or glitches are actually features. For proof, just take speedrunning. That domain of human activity wouldn't exist as we know it today if it weren't for gaming's perfect imperfections. Games were enjoyable in their prime despite their flaws, and they are enjoyable into their twilight precisely because of their flaws.

That's me in pic related, which shows in the background the inevitable fate of any and all attempts to refute what I have said.
>>
I've fucked women before so I don't have to care about whatever it is you just posted.
>>
File: 1499641950524.png (147KB, 268x401px) Image search: [Google]
1499641950524.png
147KB, 268x401px
>>383453353
>>
>>383453035
>perfect imperfections
dropped
>>
>>383453035
Bugs and glitches are good as long as they don't ruin or break the game.
>>
In hindsight, you are a bigger faggot than I thought humanly possible
>>
>>383453353
Literally kill yourself you disgusting normalfag
>>
>>383454470
>dropped
What the fuck is your problem?

>>383454589
In retrospect, your conceptualization of humanity's maximum possible faggotry limit was incorrect. Consider yourself BTFO, then.
>>
>>383453035
>I offer that in hindsight, all bugs or glitches are actually features.
Let me rephrase your statement so that the argument that follows actually supports it.
>I offer that in hindsight, some bugs or glitches are actually features, when considered in the context of a very niche interest.
Now I agree with this statement.
>>
>>383453035
Speed running would exist even without glitches/bugs. People would just utilize different strategies that don't involve glitches/bugs.

>All bugs or glitches are actually features

No, they're not intended. The whole meaning of glitch/bugs are that they are not intentional. Accidents, or errors that exist.

I do agree that bugs/glitches can in some cases make a game more enjoyable.
>>
File: 1363728033639.png (459KB, 782x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1363728033639.png
459KB, 782x1022px
>>383455472
The problem I see with that statement, however, is it's predicated on the argument that speedrunning as such is of no worth to gaming as such; which is to say, it seems unsupported.
>>
>>383455924
>No, they're not intended
>Accidents are inherently bad, and cannot possibly be good in any way.
The majority of discoveries and inventions throughout human history were accidental.
>>
>>383455924
>I do agree that bugs/glitches can in some cases make a game more enjoyable.
Great, but I'm asking you consider the issue from a lower resolution level of analysis: think in terms of bugs/glitches as such, and the net impact that the fact of their existence has on gaming as such.
>>
>>383456236
>Comparing accidental advances in technology/inventions with bugs/glitches in video games

Ludicrous strawmans aside, yes, unintentional things can have benefits. Hence the term "happy accident".

Again, speed running would exist without glitches. Bugs/glitches are not features. They are not intentional, to feature something is to highlight it's INTENDED good attributes. Bugs/glitches don't fall into that.
>>
>>383455998
>speedrunning as such is of no worth to gaming as such
What value does speedrunning add to gaming. Apart from individuals who engage in the activity or the spectators, there is no outward influence that I know of. Are there examples of game developers, introducing specific features to cater for speedrunners?
How would the existing games change if all speedrunners suddenly disappeared?
>>
>>383456413
Okay, but let's also take into consideration game breaking, file corrupting bugs/glitches as well, and their negative aspects. I mean a big culprit of that is Bethesda. That's just one company with multiple games that have game breaking glitches/bugs that can ruin a game.
>>
>>383453035
>your game crushes
>you cannot progress because of a glitch
excellent speedrun features
>>
>>383456852
>>Comparing accidental advances in technology/inventions with bugs/glitches in video games
Well, the purpose wasn't so much to compare and contrast them as to show how accidents work out as positive occurrences sometimes.

>>383456852
>Bugs/glitches are not features.
Anything that exists within a game literally is one of its "features." You're discriminating in your designation of certain things as features but not others, based on some arbitrary value structure.

>>383456967
>What value does speedrunning add to gaming.
SGDLGBBQT 2017 just raised 1.7 million for a shitty charity, that counts I guess. Pick anything you can think of, it doesn't matter.

>>383456967
>Apart from individuals who engage in the activity or the spectators,
There you go. Speedrunning adds to these gamers' enjoyment of gaming.

>>383456967
>Are there examples of game developers, introducing specific features to cater for speedrunners?
Yes, btw; multiple, in fact. There's even a game called, "Speedrunners."

>>383456967
>How would the existing games change if all speedrunners suddenly disappeared?
What a thing is changes based on how it is perceived in the world. I know this sounds vague, but it's really true. I'd urge you to look it up if you don't believe me, because I couldn't explain it properly if I tried.
>>
>>383456967
Here, I looked it up for you. Now you don't have to take my word for it, take Professor Peterson's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dQW4KGKdw

>>383457665
>causes casuals to get good or get filtered.
Yes I agree.
>>
What's wrong, little rats? Don't want to play with the big rat anymore?
>>
>>383455924
>dna doesn't replicate itself correctly
>homo sapiens is born due to this fact
>it's bad
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.