[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a single boss ever ruined an entire game for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 22

File: the bitch of the lake.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the bitch of the lake.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
Has a single boss ever ruined an entire game for you?
>>
my boss ordered me to close my minesweeper tab
>>
>>383449525
The Crapra Demon can close
The Brapra Demon came close
The Slapra Demon came close
The Clapra Demon came close
The Capra Demon almost made me quit Dark Souls during my freshman playthrough.
>>
>>383449783
>Brapra Demon
Teeheehee
>>
>>383449525
What attack are you having a hard time with? Just roll behind her to avoid that shotgun magic OHKO blast
>>
>>383449525
the shit game ruined the game for me
>>
>>383449525
>The Bitch Of The Lake
Literal bullshit: the boss
>>
>>383449525
I never did beat this game. I do remember getting pretty frustrated over it though.
>>
File: 2015-03-31-story-2-55-84.jpg (169KB, 1391x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-31-story-2-55-84.jpg
169KB, 1391x900px
>>383449525
>Tfw I quit for awhile at Tree of Men, and almost did at the Wurm
Really though fuck those bosses.
>>
I got stuck at her for a while but then figured out how to position myself better so I don't get fucked by the arcane garbage.
I got stuck worse at the kraeken wyvern actually, and only won because he managed to kill himself. All in all SaS was a good game though.
>>
The witch bitch from bioshock infinite

The game was boring as it is and this just was piss poor game design
>>
That one wolf boss in Tales of Vesperia. Eventually lent the game to a friend and never got it back so couldn't retry it
>>
Sister Friede, her third form too.
>>
>>383451081
Really was the worst thing ever. Had to fight her 3 fucking times and she was a massive bullet sponge each time. Not to mention she was the only fucking "boss" fight in the entire game.
>>
>>383449525
I couldn't beat the 2nd boss of Secret of Mana, so I dropped it.
>>
File: bloody mary.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bloody mary.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>
No boss has ever ruined a game for me, but there are plenty that actively brought down the game's quality. Stuff like the Bed of Chaos from Dark Souls, Lady Comstock from Bioshock Infinite, and some of the bullshit mini-bosses from Persona 3 (namely Sleeping Table) soured some of my impressions of the games.
>>
>>383449525
This happens in a few games for me. I really hate bosses that just feel out of place or just ridiculous in an otherwise balanced game.
>>
>>383451081
>>383451183
Adding to this as well, fuck Lady Comstock.

>Constantly respawning enemies that keep shooting you 24/7
>Enemies have tons of weapons including explosives
>If you die, enemies regain health and you lose resources overall
>On harder difficulties, can keep dying until you've been drained of resources
>Fight her in an open area at first
>Then fight her two more times

I already had massive issues with the story and characters up to that point, then the boss helped show me how poorly thought out the combat was as well.
>>
No, but I do think Psychic Midget in God Hand is bad enough that it should have been removed. It's not an abysmal boss fight, but it's really far below the standards the game had set at that point.
>>
>>383449525
The only thing that is bullshit about the Witch is when she casts the red orb with the delayed seeking shots and then casts the huge white scatter shot. If you stay close to her then you can avoid everything, but the one combo of skills give you no choice but to block it if you had a great shield.
>>
>>383451283
Is that Sword of Mana? I fucking loved that game.

Think I got stuck in the same place though,
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>383449525
I'm kind of glad you made this thread. pic related.

Optional or not, a shit boss can definitely ruin a game. Like, you just want to play that game you love, but then remember that one part where you're just gonna be frustrated for hours, so you just don't bother playing and play something else instead.

pic related, even though it's entirely optional. I just feel like the Dream bosses were something meant to be completed since the real Dream bosses never really had boss fights for them. But this fucker can suck a dick.
>>
>>383451946
>>383451283
Nevermind. Definitely not Sword of Mana.
>>
File: Kamran_Borg.png (530KB, 1000x880px) Image search: [Google]
Kamran_Borg.png
530KB, 1000x880px
*Blocks your path for the millionth time*
>>
>>383451158
this.
i have yet to beat her. but i wanna do it solo
>>
>>383451946
It's Terranigma. It's one boss that literally requires you to be at least level 26, I think. If you are 25 or less, you only do 1 damage. And you usually get to her at level 22.

>>383451998
I didn't have much trouble with that one, but Crystal Guardian fucked my shit up really hard.
>>
It didn't ruin the game (other shit did that) but it did cement how piss poor the story/characters were. Seriously, all this build-up and fighting for what amounts to just another dragon fight. And an easy one at that. Once you beat him some random NPCs that join you in the fight awkwardly cheer you on, then you leave and go home. It's so anticlimactic and unsatisfying that it really soured the main plot for me.

Boss fights in TES are never particularly good, but Morrowind and Oblivion definitely handled them better. In Morrowind, you can't beat the main antagonist, just go after the heart. In Oblivion, you basically have to summon a god to deal with the problem. In Skyrim, you gather up some ghosts, whack Alduin in the face, and then it's done.
>>
>>383449525
Came in here to post this one. Love Prime 2 almost as much as Prime 1, despite not having as good of sequence breaks, but this guy just gets me every time.
>>
>>383452197
I don't understand the issue people have with either of the crystal guardian fights? I don't know to each his own I guess.

My issue with Lost Kin is his jump around shit. His normal attacks aren't too bad but even then the random spawning shit can fuck you into certain positions. And compared to the other two, which just require watching and positioning, Lost Kin is just a fucking bunch of chaos. Especially after the first half of the fight.
>>
>>383451998
I literally just fought the dream version yesterday. Pro tip, equip all the magic charms you have and just blast his shit away. I got the upgraded fireball-like spell, equipped charms that increased damage, soul collected, and soul needed to cast it, then just spammed the hell out of it till he was dead. With how many other enemies he summons, it's really difficult to run out of soul. Also, when entering the arena just jump down to the left from the platform you start on. You can just enter that way and it saves a few seconds.

Now, if you want to fight him legit, yeah, he's an asshole. Fucker basically reads exactly where you're going to be so he can jump there. Add to it the enemies he summons which give you basically no time to heal/dodge and it's a mess.
>>
>>383451998
I got him easy because of Defender Crest, now I am having trouble with Failed Champion
>>
>>383452249
I actually didn't grind enough potions or levels and his fire breath just kept killing me faster than I could do anything. I guess he's just shit all around. Either a fucking joke, or impossible bullshit. But I guess that's Skyrim in a nutshell. Everything has wonky hitboxes anyways and it's almost impossible to avoid certain attacks.
>>
File: DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg (18KB, 386x376px) Image search: [Google]
DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg
18KB, 386x376px
>>383451998
>Dream version of False Knight

Now that's some bullshit.
>>
Honestly the worst final boss in a game I've played.
>>
>>383452540
Yeah, I figured out how to beat him, with melee a bit later and you can even kind of face tank him. But it still sucks, imo. I'd rather it be a more reasonable fight like the other two. Idk, at least there are builds to get through it though.
>>
>>383452552
Failed Champion has no facetank strat. You just have to know that if he doesn't jump backwards, then he is going for a jump smack. If he jumps backwards first then he will do at least two white wavy tremor shit quakes.
>>
File: SweatingRunner.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
SweatingRunner.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>383452645
>go in with 10+ health
>still die in under 20 seconds
goddamn, man.
>>
>>383452770
Yeah, I spent like 40 minutes trying to fight him legit. But goddamn, it feels like he knows exactly where you're going to be so he can land on you. I know it's a classic thing in these kind of games, but I hate how enemies can hurt you just by touching you. Unless they've got massive spikes shooting out of them or are made of knives, I shouldn't get hurt by brushing up against some guy's armor.

His enemies he summons are the worst part about the whole thing though. Dodge away from him, enemies hit you. Attack the enemies, he hits you. Try to heal, enemies spawns inches away so even with fast focus you get hit making healing pointless. It's a massive clusterfuck.
>>
>>383451081
>>383451183
I'd list this if the game itself wasn't already total trash. Forcing you to fight a boring dumb ghost "boss" 3 times didn't ruin the game, but it sure was a continuation and escalation of an already shitty gaming experience.

As for me though, the final boss of Drakengard 3 took it from an enjoyable yet mediocre game to an unenjoyable and mediocre game. Went from a 7/10 to a 6 at best.
>>
>>383452604
>enemies lock you in flashy kill animations the instant they start their attack when the game detects one more hit will kill you
>even if their attack isn't going to hit you

Fuck that shit.
>>
File: s7-greatsensei.jpg (41KB, 591x442px) Image search: [Google]
s7-greatsensei.jpg
41KB, 591x442px
>>383449525
If by "ruined" you mean "bitch slapped my ass away", sure.
>>
>>383453330
Did you feel honored?

He's not actually that bad as long as you realize that you need to keep him away from walls since if he flips and his back is at the wall the game decides he's far enough away from you to clone himself
>>
>>383449525
Not a boss so much, but the cage match in Day of Reckoning 2 was some fucking bullshit.
I only beat it years later, thanks to Kane being a retard
>>
File: Award Winning Laser Show.webm (2MB, 848x456px) Image search: [Google]
Award Winning Laser Show.webm
2MB, 848x456px
>>383453096
>but I hate how enemies can hurt you just by touching you
This so much this. I feel like half the difficulty in some fights is just trying not to touch the boss, not even just dodging the attacks. I mean, even shitty hitboxes in older monster hunter games were at least manageable by the fact that I could fucking touch the monster once the attack was over.

You should try the spore charm if you have it. That shit easily eats up those blobs while you're healing. It makes the fight much more manageable during the knock backs when you can heal.

That said, I really love Hollow Knight, but has anyone seen Cheat Engine lately? I'm sure that functionality has been around for awhile but that shit is leagues better than simple pointer attachment. You can literally pull out variable names by their in code name. I'm thinking of playing a new file where I mod the cost of some of the gems. Some seem too weak for the cost. And some feel like they should just be innate to the move pool. And before anyone gets their panties in a knot, yes I've beaten the game already.
>>
>>383453858
Speaking of arena stuff, Fable Remastered

>Arena no longer allows you to grind it by saving and restarting for good money and experience
>ok fine
>Still no way to go back to the arena after game completion or something
Fucking dropped. Too bad the original PC version is so shit it freezes after 3 magic casts.
>>
>>383453170
>It's a close fight, but you're next hit will land and kill before their giant slow swing
>the first frame of their swing triggers the kill animation on you
And that's why I never fought a close or fair fight in Skyrim and mostly shot shit with a bow.
>>
>>383449783
>capra demon
can we put this meme to rest already?

Sure his fight can be hard to manage but it's not actually that unforgiving or poorly made.
Brap Demon is really really slow and the dags take one or two hits max.
>>
>>383453330
STRONG AS THE MOUNTAIN
>>
File: Fuck off.jpg (124KB, 2559x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off.jpg
124KB, 2559x1082px
Non of you faggots will have a clue what this boss is like because the game is genuinely hard as balls unlike the piss easy shit posted here so far call the cops, I don't give a fuck so you'll never have made it to him, but this piece of shit right here is an absolute cunt to fight.
Did it ruin the game for me? No, it didn't, it's the final boss after all. Is the fight a load of shit consisting of nothing but random shit which can & will kill you, regardless of how good you are in mere fucking seconds? Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>383449525
>died to her 6 times
>switch to splendor axe and use blessed page
>literally don't get hit and kill her
Gold axe best weapon prove me wrong
>>
>>383454259
Lol, I've never played that many hours of Skyrim but from the different things I've heard about Archery it literally sounds like the devs just had a massive hard on for Archery.

>can instantly kill most stuff with sneak bonus + buffs
>even without sneak deals amazing damage
>Don't have to deal with melee range frame raping

What were they thinking? I mean, I'm all for Archery being good, because most games before that didn't do archery very well, but damn it sounds broken in that game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>383449525
She wasn't too bad though I did die to her a good few times in a row because I thought there was a trick to it and had to make sure. As it turns out no she isn't a boss that's in god mode until you find a way to turn it off, it's even worse than that; she's a glass cannon that you cam stack as much arcane defense you want and still get one shot from across the screen.

Had more trouble against the third lamb and I'm still not sure when or what level you're suppose to do the forgotten dome.

Now for any other game. Motherfucking Super Mario World's Bowser. I had every damn level unlocked in this game and still didn't know how to even damage this fucker as a kid. There's nothing that teaches you to damage him with his mecha koopas and the thought never occurred to me. It's tricky even if you know what to do so not knowing what to do and throwing in them in the air can mean jack shit even if you do it dozens of times.

100%ed the game many times since then but damn, bowser could have been smoothed out a lot better.
>>
>>383452874
I killed him now by spamming spells by getting soul when he falls off with the dream nail
>>
>>383454372
What game are you talking about?
>>
>>383454545
Marrow.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>383454283
It's not the difficulty, it's the shitty situation. If you don't have a decent shield by that point it's pretty much a wrap. I mean, you can pray the dog doesn't glitch you into a shitty tracking hit, but even if he doesn't, sometimes Capra will just fuck you anyways by delaying his attack until after you dodge the dog. And that jump attack tracks insanely too. After that inital point the fight is a joke.

It's basically the same with Royal Rat Authority in DaS2. A shit, lazy boss that's not difficult if you get a good run and the rats die before you get toxic. But outside of that it's a crap shoot about whether you'll get it or not.
>>
>>383449659
fpbp
>>
>>383453601
Thanks for the tip anon, I've really been meaning to get back into the game for a while now.
>>
>>383449525
she was the only hard one out of all of them, and still once you learn the pattern shes easy.
>>
>>383454471
Archery is broken, but the whole game's combat is broken. I went through most of the game doing stealth archery, then realized after a while that just attacking stuff with a one-handed sword over and over again works just as well. So long as you spam a healing spell in the other hand, you're basically invincible.

Combat is a joke in Skyrim. It was never great in any of the games, but at least in shit like Morrowind and Oblivion you really needed to build your stats and work on a specific character type. In Skyrim you can run around with full heavy armor, shooting enemies with a bow in stealth while casting illusion and restoration spells 24/7.
>>
>>383454749
Sure. Also his clones have no shadow.
>>
>>383454401
I didn't even know there was such a thing.
>>
File: hades_heart.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hades_heart.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>383449525
do not get me started. It is unbelievable that this was the first game in a very long time to have nothing but fantastic bosses with each being super varied and then this FAGGOT ruins everything. With my dying breath I will say that this is the only bad boss in the entire game
>>
>>383454684
>RRA
FUCK THAT
Fucking TOXIC and I don't just mean the poison
>>
>>383449783
swigaty swoogaty capra is coming for that incandescent booty
>>
>>383451283
Ah, the classic "eyyyyy just level up lmao".
>>
Nah. Majora's Mask is one of my top 5 favorites, but it also contains my least favorite boss in any video game ever. You all know the one.
>>
File: 1462282866954.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462282866954.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>383454684
not even
>>
>>383454913
One of the creeds, "House of Splendor" is gold themed, each member wears a gold mask. And at max rank they sell a gold themed armor set and the highest rank axe, which is made entirely out of gold, but you have to buy it for 200,000, the most expensive item in the game by far.
>>
>>383454939
Yeah. That RRA is a literal REEEEEEEEEEEE! moment for me. I don't ever fight him anymore. In most games, I'll put up with optional crap, but unless someone does an unofficial patch to nerf that fight or just do something else with the rats (get rid of the toxic or something) I just said fuck it. New playthroughs are "everything but RRA".
>>
>>383455029
I legitimately don't, It's been a while, but I don't recall any of the bosses being particularly frustrating. Is it Gyorg, the Gargantuan Masked Fish (water temple's boss)?
>>
File: AVGN.jpg (15KB, 263x361px) Image search: [Google]
AVGN.jpg
15KB, 263x361px
>>383455054
Bruh I hate the fight before that one more. That clone bitch that summons Velstadt... dude fuck that so much. When she summons him, I just lose all hope in the fight. I mean, it's still possible, but it's a bunch of fucking shit.
>>
File: 2290405.png (18KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
2290405.png
18KB, 100x100px
>>383451283
Terranigma is my favorite game, but this fight really didn't count towards my appreciation of the game
>>
>>383452764

This is either bait, or a terrible opinion from a shitty person. Either way, fuck you.
>>
>>383451081

>The witch bitch from bioshock infinite

>we could have a really cool fight against songbird

>devs instead were lazy enough to reuse the same boring fight multiple times

>they tried to pass the 3 battles witch boss and no cuntbird boss fight as a lesson to the player

Even now years after, I can still rage about that.
>>
File: The_gank_squad.jpg (250KB, 1170x679px) Image search: [Google]
The_gank_squad.jpg
250KB, 1170x679px
>>383455310
Never had a problem with her, but just remembered these guys.
>>
orsteing and smough.

i am just about to get every achievement in ds1 and i only need to get the soulvessel again to make knight leeroy spawn and get his weapons. but mother fuckers ornstein and smough ain't making it eassy to get it on NG++. in NG i expend 3 days of constant fight till i manage to beat mega smough with my heart pumping so fucking hard i could almost break the controller by putting it next to my chest. on NG+ a friend help me beat them. And now in NG++ i am alone against them again and can't find a way to get to the second part of the fight.
>>
>>383449659
good shit
>>
This fucker made me stop playing for months
>>
>>383452249
At least they got better with boss fights for the dlcs. Miraak, Karstaag, and Harkon are infinitely more interesting and can at least put up some sort of challenge instead of loldragonrend.
>>
File: 1499398070865.jpg (48KB, 417x510px) Image search: [Google]
1499398070865.jpg
48KB, 417x510px
>>383455518
>the havel one is literally named "chip off the old rock"
>it has infinite stamina
That thing is a fucking monster. The only way I could kill it was cheesing with a GH or using toxic gas and getting to where he couldn't hit me
>>
>>383455701
never played vindictus
>>
>>383455836
>>383455518
Fuck I mixed up what you posted i was thinking of something else. But yeah that boss is an ass. I usually summon a friend because fuck the leader with its bow shooting you while you deal with the other 2
>>
>>383450920
is there ANYONE who thought Tree of Men was a well designed fun to fight boss? That said, the boss in Salt and Sanctuary that made me quit the game was my save data getting corrupted.
>>
>>383455518
I loved all fights from Sunken, even this one
The only thing that had me give up my CoC run were the Double Cats. The second I saw the health regen buff activate I knew I didn't want to walk back through horsefuck valley anymore
>>
>>383455991
>is there ANYONE who thought Tree of Men was a well designed fun to fight boss?
On my first character that was a melee build I raged like no other
On my second character that shot fire and lightning magic I gave no fucks.
>>
>>383455925
it was fun
>>
>>383455836
I used force on him, pilgrims of the dark is very miracle oriented.
>>
>>383456138
Wait, what? They can health regen? I never beat the fight because I just couldn't do it after the literal "horse"shit that made me waste 5 flasks, but seriously? That on top of it too?
>>
>>383455518
To this day this is still the only boss in the entire soulsborne franchise that I haven't beaten.
I just couldn't find any humans to summon after the dozenth time of me hitting a literal brick wall on my own.
>>
>>383456569
Yes, once you've finally killed the first one, the second one will at some point channel a buff that regens its health and increase its damage. You're supposed to wait it out before resuming fighting, but it lasts for so long I just assumed it was infinite.
>>
>>383455054
I'd probably hate it less if weapon durability wasn't a joke.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.