[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly deserves a second chance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 54614546415145511.jpg (28KB, 620x367px) Image search: [Google]
54614546415145511.jpg
28KB, 620x367px
Honestly deserves a second chance
>>
Splash Damage does, but that game does not.
>>
>>383447681
It had its chance. That fucking game broke me on preordering games. Fuck them.
>>
>>383447752
Splash damage doesn't they are the biggest hacks in FPS developers

Fuck those brits I used to think Bethesda screwed them kinda did but SD thought copy pasting ET gameplay would work yet again
>>
File: 1474946556291.jpg (22KB, 173x185px) Image search: [Google]
1474946556291.jpg
22KB, 173x185px
>>383447681
>never played the game
>pick it up from the bargain bin months after release
>have a ton of fun, wonder why no one plays it

I'm genuinely curious as to why it's so hated.
>>
>>383448102

Terrible launch issues
>>
thought it looked cool, but it was dead by the time i thought about getting it.
>>
>>383447681
I was so hyped for it. This comp WolfET forum I used to be on was so hyped for it. The thought that this game would give us a new ET was exciting.

What a let-down.
>>
>>383448102
It was fucking shit. Legitimately kill yourself
>>
Personally I really enjoyed the game. Unfortunately I had gotten it on PS3 and its launch coincided with the big hack that happened that knocked online off for months. Other than that I had no qualms with the game.
>>
>>383448234
>>383447936

Reminder

Splash Damage didnt make Wolf ET the community did these fucking British Cunts should stick to making BF clones since that is what they are good at
>>
File: 16121512184.jpg (52KB, 530x240px) Image search: [Google]
16121512184.jpg
52KB, 530x240px
OH but they did get a second chance

and guess what like others have said Splash Damage cant develop games
>>
>>383448519
This

Fuck these limey cunts
>>
>>383447770
Looking back on it I don't even remember it being like remarkably bad or anything but for some reason I had the same reaction and this was the game that made me stop pre-ordering stuff, same with like half a dozen other people I know.

With all the disappointing games over the years I have no idea why this one in particular was the last straw for so many people (which is not to say that it wasn't shit).
>>
>>383447770
I've seen you in so many threads.
>>
>>383448102
Too many problems at launch to count despite a very aggressive marketing campaign. It fancied itself Overwatch and was probably gunning for that level of success. I remember one of the trailers going on about how the game had literally a bajillion zillion guns.
>>
Literally worse than Battleborn.
>>
>>383449137
you're comparing it to modern games, which has been a shit show

when you compare it to games releasing at the same time or a few years earlier it was terrible

plus all the characters have horse face and it blatantly ripped animations from mirrors edge
>>
>tfw liked but not enough to have justified full launch price
>>
>>383448102
it had terrible awful launch issues, one or two maps that were absolutely insanely off balance and there was some god tier smg that dominated the game, it was like a hyrbid smg / ar that owned
>>
Too late
Titanfall 2 has the high speed ur2slow parkour niche now
>>
>>383449819

>dead game
>>
i liked the customisation
i can't remember the gameplay
>>
It felt like it released a life time ago barely any communication with the devs
>>
Fucj this game. Back in the day I didn't have much experience in fps othet than Halo 1 and 2 and Battlefield 2 I tried out this game at a cousins house, whike I stayed in the summer.

Holy fuck I couldn't stand the fucking gameplay for more than 5 minutes. It was jut fucking terrible at everything. Fuck that horrible "game"
>>
>Class based shooter where the classes are allowed to look whatever the fuck they want, have whatever stats they want and have whatever weapon they want
Yeah, no. The idea was fundamentally flawed from the start.
>>
kek I remember this game
trailer looked fucking great but I never caught up with it

it looks slow as shit looking at the gameplay now
>>
Let's list everything that made the game a let down, I'll start.

Shooting guns feel's has absolutely no weight to it and is the complete opposite of satisfying
>>
>>383447681
>Accidentally bought crysis 2 instead of brink
Dodged a bullet
>>
>>383450262
>he fell for the pc meme
My condolences.
>>
That game was ahead of it's time for the multiplayer shooter fad of customisation and skins and shit

One would say, it was on the Brink of it and instead collapsed because the market wasn't ready

If Brink released 1 year ago it'd be the hottest thing out there
>>
>>383452484
TF2's Mannconomy Update came out a year before Brink my man.

It failed because it was shit and nothing about it was particularly "ahead of its time".
>>
>>383447752
>>383447936
>>383448371

I think the problem is they're going after the wrong market.

if they made a decent competitor to Red Orchestra/Verdun (and by extension: BF1) they'd probably do alright, given that RO/RS2 and Verdun both have issues when it comes to quality control and engine-choices , and BF1 is suffocated by EA's nickel-&-Diming.

Yet I'm sure they'd fuck it up by trying to keep things too broad/attempting to go for mass-appeal rather than make a game that plays decently.
>>
>>383447681
I remember the hype for brink, then I watched the trailer and it was all cgi so that was a red flag for me, then I saw some gameplay and the only parkour they showed was someone sliding under a metal detector, lost all interest. Next time I heard about it everyone was ranting about how it sucked and they wasted their money.
>>
>>383452484

Your retarded

Brink had good customization but everything you said just why
>>
>>383452484
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>383448878
hey
don't be a dick
>>
File: pilottf2.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pilottf2.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
What Brink attempted has been already been done well and better.
>>
>>383450262
>Just closed the game
>See this

You don't know shit about PCs or going fast.
>>
>>383448519
DB's pretty good though
It just needs more content
>>
>>383448234
I loved ET so much why does no modern mp shooter get close
>>
>>383448519
I liked that game but dropped it after the retarded ninja update
>>
>>383455181

>future shit

Brink had a unique style but squandered it
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.