[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

How do I git gud at this game?
>>
>>383438778
>move forward to cover
>overwatch
>repeat until game is won
>>
by playing the better game; UFO Defense
>>
>>383439048
/Thread
>>
Play safer.
>>
>>383439048
Fpbp
>>
The game is built around abusing overwatch because it was made for console retards who have to have the game make more than 50% of the decisions for them.

So abuse overwatch. Unless you are on a map where the game pulls it's thumb outta it's ass and gives you a certain number of turns before you lose. Otherwise, you may actually have to try a bit.

Get that sniper skill where you can shoot much farther than normal due to your teammates line of sight and the game is basically over.
>>
Sniper based on Rifle, Sniper Based on Pistol, Heavy Based on Armor Destruction, Heavy based on AOE explosives, two medics, one Ranger based on rushing up in melee range
>>
>>383439048
Literally the only viable option.

The second game allows for more flexibility and tries to cut off this strategy.
>>
File: that's xcom baby.jpg (78KB, 780x729px) Image search: [Google]
that's xcom baby.jpg
78KB, 780x729px
rookies will die, it happens.
>>
>>383438778

Leap frog tactics, overlapping fields of fire. Play smart and not YOLO style, don't stay grouped together too hard to get hit by grenades/rockets, do not assume every shot you fire will ever hit because the only thing that is a guaranteed hit in this game are grenades and rockets.
>>
>>383439791
actually grenades and rockets are only 95% chance, they can and will fuck you over, iirc the upgraded alien rocket launcher is only 99%
>>
>>383439048
>>
>>383439896
I've nver seen a rocket or grenade miss
>>
>>383438778
Stay in full cover unless you need to move up and are safe. Always turn on overwatch and use grenades to get enemies to move from their position. Snipers are essential, get one and you'll be set. Or save scum lol.
>>
>>383438778
Never trust your plan A.
>>
>>383440049
Rockets definitely do stupid shit all the time.
>>
File: giphy.gif (620KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
620KB, 500x363px
The core gameplay is cool but man I get stressed dealing with campaign spanning consequences in games. Not certain whats coming up so I'm never sure how much I fucked myself long term for losing units along the way.
>>
File: 1sDVTok.jpg (96KB, 1640x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1sDVTok.jpg
96KB, 1640x1080px
>>383438778
>>
>>383440294
Then you sir need Raving Rabbids x Mario
>>
>>383439896

Sure they have a base accuracy level but they are never penalised by any shot modifiers and as a result will rarely miss unless there's an obstruction within the firing path from a difficult shot like through two windows in a diagonal firing path. It fires to the area and explodes damaging anything nearby.

I've never seen grenades miss ever, they are always 100% guaranteed to reach where you target.
>>
>>383438778
Snipers.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.