[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actual thread for talking about farming games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

Actual thread for talking about farming games
>>
I just want to go explore a dungeon then come back to my happy farm. I've already played Rune Factory. Give me more.
>>
>>383433149
Why am I having such a hard time getting into Stardew Valley when I have no problems getting into a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game?
>>
>>383433318
Maybe you're burnt out on the genre?
>>
>>383433149
Is Trio of Towns as boring to start as harvest moon?
>>
>>383433318
Stardew Valley has such low charm value. Even though the gameplay is smooth, I had an easier time immersing myself on crappy HM like ANB.
>>
>>383433567
It is probably less boring than the previous two (Story of Seasons, A New Beginning.) but it is not as easy to get into as Friends of Mineral Town, especially if you can emulate GBA on your DS/3DS.
>>
>>383433869
I've only played Magical Melody about a decade ago and then recently I bought whichever one is on PS4 but quit after 10 minutes.
>>
File: Cbf4OaMUEAEsJ1M.jpg (23KB, 468x330px) Image search: [Google]
Cbf4OaMUEAEsJ1M.jpg
23KB, 468x330px
Trio of Towns DLC any day now.
>>
>>383433983
Is there any on PS4? If it is one of the new Harvest Moon (The original company lost the right to the name in the US.) then yeah, it is pretty terrible.
>>
>>383434252
It's the PS2 version of A Wonderful Life
>>
File: 1390975814834.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1390975814834.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
I'm just getting around to playing Trio of Towns, who is the better longterm waifu, Iluka or Ford? I have them both almost to green flowers.
>>
What's Trio of Towns? New HM?
>>
GIVE
ME
THE FUCKING
DLC
XSEED
>>
>>383433149

>Love Harvest Moon
>Love Rune Factory Frontier
>People tell me Rune Factory 4 is amazing
>Get it
>Some quasi-bullshit prince plot line
>No comfy house or land to call my own, i'm literally just living in some fucking hallway in a random dragons castle
>Tending to a shitty veggie patch because fuck knows why
>Tiny ass town, no real exploration

This isn't what I wanted at all.
>>
>>383433295
Isnt any anon, least not til RF4

HAHAHAHA
>>
>>383434448
The latest BokuMono, yes.
>>
>>383434609
Should I emulate Frontier? I enjoyed 4 but wish the farming and combat were more in depth.
>>
>>383434609
I've been playing Rune Factory 4 and it's pretty great, but I haven't played any other Rune Factory games. What's the best one in your opinion?
>>
File: 0001.png (533KB, 400x960px) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
533KB, 400x960px
>>383434448
Trio of towns is the new Story of Seasons game.
Came out a few months back.

>>383434516
I need it too, anon.
>>
>>383434687
>RF4

meant 5, still never ever
>>
>>383434609
>Tiny ass town, no real exploration
What are you talking about? I get you had the bad luck of starting with frontier, but this is no excuse.
>>
>>383434783
I haven't even started going steady with anyone yet, I'm that early in the game.
But I still need it.
>>
>>383434737
RF4 has the most depth as far as combat goes, RF:F is basically a greatly improved RF1 minus the broken rucksack, combat is fairly simple and choices are slim, magic can be a huge pain to aim too depending on spell, as for farming, its more important in frontier in my opinion, in RF4 you could pretty much ignore farming if you felt like it. All that said i still enjoyed frontier the most, least once you remove runeys
>>
>>383434783
I'm surprised she isn't a lesbian.
I mean, her whole shtick is that she hates men.
>>
File: 0768.png (528KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
0768.png
528KB, 400x720px
>>383435134
That's because she was bullied as a child. Understandable really.
She's more of a fool hater, since she has nothing but good things to say about people like Ludus, Yuzuki, or Ford.

Once you win her over she becomes a real sweetheart. A walking spaghetti factory.
She's more than happy to show you her genuine feelings.
>>
>>383435134
She can be a lesbian, with the True Love Patch.
>>
>>383433149

Animal Crossing would be perfect if it had farming and mining added in.
>>
>>383436268
But it does have mining. You run around once a day banging rocks with your shovel for money.
That's mining, right?
Right?
>>
File: 1377883745456.jpg (14KB, 124x139px) Image search: [Google]
1377883745456.jpg
14KB, 124x139px
>parsnip
>4 days to harvest
>literally the fastest crop in game
>real life parsnip takes two or three weeks to germinate and another 100 days to harvest
did this guy make any research on vegetables or anything?
>>
Haven't played since mineral town.
What's the best resent Harvest Moon, or is story of seasons the way to go?
>>
>>383436364

About as much mining as bashing a tree for coconuts is farming.
>>
>>383436869
The latest SoS game, Trio of Towns is pretty good.
The last actual HM game before the name change, A new beginning, wasn't very good.

Animal Parade on the wii was pretty good too if you want a console game. It's best to emulate it though since it has some real bad slowdown otherwise.
>>
>>383436869
I should really make an infographic.
Story of Seasons IS Harvest Moon.
Story of Seasons is the new name for Bokujou Monogatari, after developer Marvelous ended their relationship with Natsume and started using XSEED, who they own, for translations.
Natsume always owned the Harvest Moon brand name, so Marvelous had to start using a new name for Bokujou Monogatari games outside Japan.
Natsume continues to use the Harvest Moon name for games that they create that have no relation to the Bokujou Monogatari series.
>>
>>383437252
>Natsume continues to use the Harvest Moon name for games that they create that have no relation to the Bokujou Monogatari series.
And none of them worth playing I'm guessing.
>>
>>383437952
Not at the moment.
In the future? Probably still no.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.