[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: BloodVial.png (167KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
BloodVial.png
167KB, 410x410px
Defend this
>>
Defend THIS
>>
>>383431784
Impossible
>>
fantastic late game and ng+ beyond, essentially infinite supply and becomes a non-issue, shitty in early-mid game. miyazaki should just die
>>
>>383431631
They basically admitted that farming to regain your healing items thing was bad when they took it out of dark souls but then just put it back in for no reason. I will never understand why fromsoft always takes random steps backwarda with their games
>>
>>383431784
Certain enemies are such a bother to a Good Hunter's mental state that they just die from an anxiety attack x100000
>>
>>383432507
>farming
Or you could get good at PVP and skip the farming all while having fun playing the game. You don't even need to farm in NG+.

They throw echos at you.
>>
>>383431631
You can't.
healing for a percentage of max health is retarded, it kills any low-health run, because after any hit you take you need to use atleast 2 vials to heal back up
also, farming for them
>>
>>383431631
It's a situation where they refused to cater the lore to the mechanics than the other way around. But it's really a non-issue.

>>383433125
>Or you could get good at PVP
"Invade Nightmare Mensis for easy kills and afk players".
>>
>>383433314
>"Invade Nightmare Mensis for easy kills and afk players".

What is "Nightmare Frontier."
>>
You can refill your stock through the entire level right up to the boss if you fail to suck rather than arrive at the boss and be doomed to fail for the silly reason that you just don't have heals.

Dark Souls you had to just....not get hit, the entire route up to the boss to keep your full stock.

Blood vials, however, should've had stock standard 5 hard given ones each spawn. Getting down to 0 bloodvials was stupid, and makes the start of the game the biggest casual filter in the series. You end up in a trap having to spend your incredibly valuable early game souls on more heals just to have another turn.

Bloodvials should've had a hard, set 5 of them, and then +15 extras you attain during the route or by purchasing.

Also you needed to be able to sit at lamps to refresh the area. Absolutely stupid that you couldn't do this.

Also, "summon signs" should've been in, like the Old Hunter summons are in the game. You place a sign, someone can visibly see it and grab it, but if no one does, the sign itself rings out to auto summon into a beckoners world. Best of both systems. Should've been introduced alongside those npc signs in the DLC.

Would've made a 9.8/10 game a true 10/10
>>
>>383433457
"Invade Nightmare Frontier to just destroy everyone else who isn't there for dedicated PvP because nobody knows how the fuck gems work in this game."

PvP is dumb in this game. Co-op too.
>>
>>383433125
I've never PVP'd before and BB is my first souls game. Any tips before I throw myself out there?
>>
>>383434190
I don't think you've ever actually been to Nightmare Frontier. 9/10 people are there exclusively for PVP as they stay in the PVP area when summoned. If you're too dumb to kill Bell Ringing Women or aren't playing those sections offline then you deserve to get killed.

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>383431631
The rally mechanic negates the need for vials unless you're straight up bad at the game. I played with ludwig's holy meme and I never ran out of vials because I rallied
>>
>>383431631
I can't, and I can't defend having to go through two loading screens to visit a level-up NPC either. It's always one step forward and one step back with From.
>>
>>383431631
why do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>383434470
I've played so much, liar. So much.

I cannot summon one ounce of giving a fuck about Bloodborne's PvP when nothing combos, just frame traps for stupid idiots, and everyone is toting those fucking 27.2s.

Anyone if you actually suck so much that you need to farm for vials you kill the silly skelly jellies in the Lecture Building. Run that route twice and get like a billion vials and shame.
>>
>>383434470
nice dude, keep slaying those shitters
>>
>>383434997
>and everyone is toting those fucking 27.2s.
I literally don't have a single 27% but still do well in PVP.
>>
>>383431784
Was there any benefit for hoarding insight besides sound and visual differences
>>
>>383433125
>Bloodborne
>Having PVP
Don't think we played the same bloodborne, online was mostly dead on arrival and is definitely dead now
>>
>>383437004
>literally making up lies

You're either retarded and don't know how to work PVP or you're BL250 and can't find anyone because nobody who plays the game regularly is that level.

I just played 10 PVP matches last night, did I dream that or something?
>>
>>383433125
>PVP
>Paying the Sony tax
No thanks buddy
>>
>>383437235
>did I dream that or something?

I'm not that guy and I even agree with you but you're setting yourself up for such an easy layup right here.
>>
>>383437004
>definitely dead now
I was playing a week ago and getting fights every couple of minutes.
>>
Man you niggers are shit. You should pay for healing in an action game.
>>
>>383437235
You're probably at some meme meta level and by that time the games over and it's easy to get blood vials anyway. The pvp is terrible because you can only invade in like 2 places, the only people there won't actually be going through the level and it's a complete parry spam fest.
>>
File: Hidetaka_Miyazaki_-_02.jpg (86KB, 764x573px) Image search: [Google]
Hidetaka_Miyazaki_-_02.jpg
86KB, 764x573px
>>383431631
>"Hmm, so in Demon's Souls, I put in consumable healing grass items..."
>"And in Dark Souls, I had the Estus Flask system..."
>"'But I need something new for my new game, Bloodborne..."
>"AHA! I got it! What if I just combined the healing grass items with the Estus Flasks together! I am a genius!"
>>
Bullets and the sacrificing health for bullets system.
>>
>>383437482
>I'm totally not referencing the game or anything
>>
>>383437837
>many of the fun weapons require bullets
>have to constantly farm if you plan to use them

what's even the point
>>
>>383431631
No, fuck your bait thread.
>>
>>383431784
While frenzy pissed me the fuck off, they did a good job at making the player reflect what sort of state of mind the character would be in finding anything that inflicted frenzy.
That state would be "FUCK NO SHIT GOTTA GET AWAY GODDAMN WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES? FUCK I SCROLLED PAST THEM."
>>
>>383437765

How are blood vials anything like estus?
>>
>>383438114
You can only hold 20. Demons you could hold infinite.
>>
>>383438183
99 of each type but yeah that's pretty close to infinite.
>>
>>383437759
>meme meta level
not him, but is mid 50's a meme meta level? I was just playing a third playthrough and wanted to do some pvp
>>
I did an Arcane run and had a lot of fun discovering it's mechanics etc. Is doing a Bloodtinge run just as fun?
>>
>>383431784
Why was this called "Frenzy" anyway? Shouldn't it be called "Insanity" or something? What did it represent?
>>
>>383439150
you will be doing a crazy amount of damage, even compared to when arc takes off. it is pretty fun, but it also makes the game a fucking cakewalk. I did a straight shot to the chikage and pumped everything into bloodtinge and started killing bosses in ~6 hits or less.
defiled dungeons are a pain in the ass though, and so are finding proper gems to get the most out of the build.
>>
>>383439283
you before dying spazzing out like a retard because of it
>>
File: latest[1].png (373KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
373KB, 512x512px
No defend this faggot.
>>
>>383436294
Items from the skull shop

Summon old hunters and co-op partners
>>
>>383439432

Defend what? It's the best healing system in any vidya pre-rite of kindling
>>
File: William Hope Hodgson.jpg (12KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
William Hope Hodgson.jpg
12KB, 220x298px
I can't. Bloodborne is everything wrong with Fromsoft. They took away all of the variation in favor of fleshing out the combat but the problem is that Bloodbornes combat is just dumbed down Ninja Gaiden 2 combat with the dash and all. There's no reason to touch Bloodborn at all passed the first playthrough. The awful DUDE LOVECRAFT LMAO only further cements my opinion that Miyazaki is a faggot who has shitty taste in everything. Lovecraft wasn't the best at strange fiction in his day and he isn't now either, he's Reddit: The Strange Fiction Author. Even Lovecraft acknowledged this.
>>
>>383440135
>DUDE LOVECRAFT
This shit was in Demon's Souls, you should have known from the start jabroni
>>
>>383440736
I can't defend DeS either. It's complete trash.
>>
>>383440135
>They took away all of the variation in favor of fleshing out the combat
>combat is just dumbed down Ninja Gaiden 2 combat with the dash and all
please stop posting.
>>
It's pretty dumb, I just save the bloodthingys and just echo up when i need more.

I just beat maria the other day, good boss fight. Took me several tries though, that's the problem I'd burn through an average of about 5-10 vials each time/
>>
File: Clark_Ashton_Smith_1912.jpg (157KB, 939x1258px) Image search: [Google]
Clark_Ashton_Smith_1912.jpg
157KB, 939x1258px
>>383440135
Hodgson ain't better than Lovecraft, let alone The Best one in terms of weird fiction.
>>
File: 1489035689953.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489035689953.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>383440046
>best
>just chugg that shit while running past everything to a bonfire for instant refill
>>
File: house.jpg (131KB, 333x509px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
131KB, 333x509px
>>383442305
Lovecraft seemed to disagree.
>>
>>383438081
>While frenzy pissed me the fuck off, they did a good job at making the player reflect what sort of state of mind the character would be in finding anything that inflicted frenzy.
Not a fan of this defense. People used it to defend some of the more poorly designed aspects of Darkest Dungeon as well (the player is supposed to be stressed and frustrated!) and it was similarly retarded. Atmosphere should never trump gameplay
>>
>>383431631
I spent an hour or two grinding for them after getting wrecked by Amelia, then played multipme NG+ without ever having to even think about how many I had left.
>>
>>383442670
Where in that image does it say "I agree with the shitposter posting this 80 years in the future, Hodgson is better at writing than I and slams my boipucci?"
>>
File: 1450393340999.jpg (45KB, 604x442px) Image search: [Google]
1450393340999.jpg
45KB, 604x442px
>>383440046
>fixed amount of heals until you get to a checkpoint - something that is extremely, extremely common in games
>BEST HEALING SYSTEM EVER DARK SOULS IS LITERALLY A PERFECT GAME BASED MIYAZAKI
>>
>>383442837
>Not a fan of this defense
It's not a defence, it's stating what the developers had in mind.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.