[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so hell-bent on the idea that this game will flop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 62

File: MvC-20161203-MvC4Details.jpg (161KB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
MvC-20161203-MvC4Details.jpg
161KB, 890x500px
Why are people so hell-bent on the idea that this game will flop?
>>
The problem is that it WON'T flop.
>>
>>383427715
FPBP
Sadly
>>
It represents everything that is wrong with fighting games.
>>
It's mostly just MvC3 babbies and casuals who didn't play TvC.

Also Tekkenfags, there's been a ton of shilling that lately and it makes sense that it appeared around the same time MvCI coverage is ramping up.
>>
>>383427384

They got burned on SFV and now they desperately want Capcom to eat crow. Rather than focus on the shitty season pass model, however, people would rather cry about how chun li is an uggo and drive the function comment right into the ground. It's all a reddit crusade anyway, you see Kappa expressing the same exact opinions.

I don't have high hopes for the game and I think it looks ugly as sin, but I vote with my dollar rather than tell people I think it sucks because I can't play magneto
>>
>>383428036
You aren't gonna buy it, are you?
>>
>>383427715
Yup. Retards will eat it up. The character choices are mostly MCU inspired and there aren't many oddball choices like MODOK or Taskmaster.
>>
>>383428158

I'm keeping an open mind but at the moment, no.
>>
>>383427384
I don't understand it either. KoFXIV looked like absolute shit, but it got shilled excessively around here because "the gameplay is still good". Now MvCI looks like crap, but so-called fans accuse players of being marketers when they say the game is actually fun despite of how it looks. Just look at >>383427715 and >>383427789. People WANT it to fail because they have some beef with Capcom over menial shit.

It has Marvel in the title, so for every person shitting on the game, it will gain five new players.
>>
>>383428551
People are hating on this because its made with shady and unfair business practices.

Its success is justifying to Marvel and Capcom that they can keep doing it.
>>
>>383429020
>its made with shady and unfair business practices
'
A season pass isn't a "shady unfair business practice" when it's become almost universally adopted as a DLC practice.
>>
>>383429109
Adopted, but not accepted.

And lets not forget the character choices, with awful explanations like "no one remembers X-Men" or "functions".
>>
>>383427384
>shit like day one dlcs, season pass, preorder bonuses
>using the roster as promotions for other shit instead of what the fans really love
>previous game looks visually better
>chun-li's face
>>
File: 1471280712399.jpg (6KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1471280712399.jpg
6KB, 256x197px
>>383429220

If people keep buying them then, yes, it's accepted by the majority of consumers and that's all the matters. If it wasn't turning a profit, companies wouldn't do it.

>no one remembers X-Men

X-Men books have been floundering for years now, it's been shown time and again that only Wolverine moves units. Lest we forget how hard the Avengers suffered when MvC2 was released to make nearly 1/3 of the cast X-Men. (Not an exaggeration)

>functions

I'm not going to further beat this dead horse.
>>
>Roster is underwhelming
>Half the final boss is DLC
>Art direction is weird
>Gameplay is actually pretty good
>Finally get Monster Hunter shit
I'm trying to stay optimistic, nonetheless.
>>
First strike was the fact that the leaked roster is VERY boring and safe on the Capcom side outside Jedah and Monster Hunter. Marvel side is also missing muties which are a staple of MvC.

Second Strike is that the story mode feels cheaply thrown together just to have characters acknowledge eachother and not bring out more proper character interactions (see PxZ 1 and 2 for better crossover character dynamics).

Final strike would be that they intend to have this game out by September with the visuals looking shoddy as they do

Bonus strike would be locking 6 fighters (2 of which are seemingly done since they're in the story mode) behind paywall.

There's also changing certain inputs (for example DP motion has become down down) to make it more accessible which IMO is MORE annoying to have to press down twice.
>>
File: compromised.jpg (1MB, 1848x1494px) Image search: [Google]
compromised.jpg
1MB, 1848x1494px
>>
>>383427384
It won't flop, so there is no reason to support it. It doesn't look like it'll be worth the money until two or three DLC seasons are done.
>>
>tfw your favorite mutie isn't going to be in
>>
>>383430172
>Avengers suffered when MvC2 was released

Not true. Majority of X-men where there due to just reusing previous fighting game movesets and sprites slapped in.

Also there were more bold and risky character choices like Black Heart, Silver Samurai, Thanos, Spiral, etc. than just adding Thor, Strange and a few missing Avengers.
>>
>leaked covers for the comic variants show dormammu is playable
>rocket and morrigan and randomly in the background of Hawkeye #9 while dante and hawkeye fight
>that could mean that random characters could be on the covers and there's a slight chance that we'll get more than 34 base

I hope
>>
It just doesn't really look as fun. the roster feels lacking. I mean, hell, most of the capcom roster is recycled from MvC3, who the fuck asked for Nemesis to come back? He's one of my favorite monsters ever and even I don't think he was worth the slot in infinite. and really I don't like the input changes. I can rattle out SRKs in my sleep but I can't do double down.
>>
File: 1499393076142.jpg (17KB, 220x233px) Image search: [Google]
1499393076142.jpg
17KB, 220x233px
What if the fucking do it. What if they actually leave out spiderman out of the base game
>>
>>383428525
>The character choices are mostly MCU inspired
Which would have been FINE if they actually used more of the MCU. No Scarlet Witch and Vision is pure insanity. No Starlord or Red Skull is irksome. The lack of the Netflix characters is almost certainly to hold out of a "Defenders pack" DLC, which will have Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and three recycled capcom characters.
>>
>>383431484
He's in. Perlmutter probably is angry about it, but Marvel and Sony have a relationship at the moment, and leaving Spiderman out could be seen as an insult. Even Venom is apparently in (base or DLC is unsure though).
>>
>>383431518
Yeah. I wouldn't have an issue with MCU choices but they picked the least interesting people. What is Gamora gonna do besides have a sword compared to someone like Vision?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1027x1209px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1027x1209px
>>383427384
My biggest issue with them is their PR. I just don't think they're functioning properly.
Normies will eat up Dragon Ball more than Marvel, and "professional" players that aren't blatantly being paid to say good things about MVCI are saying Dragon Ball is the better fighter.

It's dead already.
>>
File: Concerned Battletoad.jpg (28KB, 325x222px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Battletoad.jpg
28KB, 325x222px
>tfw the best chances for Jin and Captain Commando to return is DLC
>>
>>383427715
>>383427853
These
>KoF XIV comes out
>LMAOOOO PS1 GRAPHICS LMAOOO WHO DOES THIS
>no one touches the game
meanwhile...
>Infinite shows gameplay
>OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO FUCKING AMAZING OH MY GOD I NEED A MINUTE HERE AFTER SEEIN CHUN LI OH MAN SHE IS GORGEOUS AND HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER

Its pretty obvious what is going on
>>
File: Firebrand VS Dormmamu.jpg (783KB, 990x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Firebrand VS Dormmamu.jpg
783KB, 990x1503px
>>383431430

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170973
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170900
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170856
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170959
>>
>Be a NRSfag
>Have little to no emotional attachment to Marvel vs Capcom series
>Infinite looking so damning that even I'm disgusted
>>
>>383431293

Do you think the X-Men got solo fighting-game ventures because they WEREN'T popular? It was always about riding the wave of peak mutie popularity in the 90s.

Also, it's not fair at all to give them credit for making picks like Black Heart and Spiral when they were also picked to make use of reused assets. Even if Capcom has an odd fascination with random Marvel villains.
>>
File: qhSZdk.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
qhSZdk.gif
2MB, 320x180px
What's your favorite function guys?
>>
>>383430172

No one gives a shit about the comics any more, it's all about the movies, as evidenced by the terrible roster on the Marvel side. X-Men movies do well enough that Marvel should be capitalizing off the free advertising but the company is run by morons so they sideline the muties.
>>
>>383427715
its not going to flop hard, but the sales will likely not satisfy marvel/disney and capcom for such a flag ship title

game itself looks bad visually, roster choice is tiny and rehashed, DLC already planned pre release. literally the only redeeming quality is the gameplay potentially and we know damn well thats not going to save a game
>>
>>383427968
I wish people would stop comparing this shitshow to TvC.
>>
>>383432069
>released as DLC
>not included in Ultimate MvC Infinite
>DLC removed from all services shortly after

Yea I'm still mad.
>>
>>383433075
my favorite function from last game, function_Lawyer isn't in it so i guess in MvCI i'll play function_OverpushedDyke
>>
>>383429816
pre order and get all starting dlc and future dlcs characters
"this roster is ass, i cant afford more characters"
>>
>>383433075
function_beserker_garage
>>
>>383432853
The fun thing about the X-Men being popular in the 90s is that Marvel efforts to specifically make them less popular haven't really put a dent in them. Ike Perlmutter did everything he could to make people hate mutants (Hell, I'm pretty sure normal Wolverine is dead, and has been for years in the comics), but it never mattered. Even with "No more mutants" and Cyclops dying from bad gas, the X-men are still more popular than any Marvel property that doesn't have a movie (and probably still more popular than a few that do). With the 90s cartoon on things like Hulu, and a Fox movie every few years, people still care more about the X-men than a lot of other comic properties. Even the comics sometimes get to be good because, as Marvel wants them to fail, they don't let Bendis write every book. It's crazy how much Marvel actively is trying not to push something that is absurdly popular, a staple of Western pop culture.

All because Ike Perlmutter is an old cry baby.
>>
>>383427384
"wow look at their faces!! im not going to play a fighting game becase their faces, im not going to play becase they left out muh xmen, magneto, storm sentinal, and x23" mvcz had gambit ice man psylocke cyclops cable and collosses and 2 fucking wolverines, just go play that game, i will admit capcom shit the bed not having gene or any powerstones characters but at least my boi firebrand got in, time to drag niggas all over the stage and boost my speed with the time stone
>>
>>383433860
This. Anti-capcomdrones are the worst.
>>
>>383427384
people that think there wont be an xmen dlc are fucking stupid, and if your complaining about dlc why didnt you preorder it and get them all in bulk instead of spending more buying the individually after they come out
>>
how big of a shit storm will it be if they made umvc3 rehashed characters as DLC characters like vergil or trish
>>
>>383428036
if to this day sfv isnt being improved with suggestions of the fans, what makes you think marvel will be, and dont give me that team bull. cause capcom is so tight everyone is working on the same thing. in fact marvel seems like it will be heavily dlc based.
>>
>>383433860
no the game looks like shit and they didnt even try.

I'm not playing the game because the best fighting game of all time is coming out July 20.
>>
>>383434097
how am i anti capcom, im saying they shit the bed by not having more legacy characters, i mean fucking spencer is back? like wtf as long as jedah is legit and the leak that says hagger are in im ok for now but hopefully the dlcs bring in more old school pics
>>
>>383434295
a game you haven't played is the best...
ill just be buying both and kicking your asses in both online
>>
>>383434481
I played and loved uniel and unist is even better.
>>
>>383430172
even by your own admission. wolverine could easily sell extra copies. there is no reason that would hurt profit not to include at least him, especially since this game reuses assets. he;s technically done.
>>
File: 1490228095963.jpg (601KB, 979x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490228095963.jpg
601KB, 979x1500px
>>383434386
oh shit my bad i read your comment weird>>383434097
>>
>>383428525
>>383431518
>>383431732

I think the bigger problem is how soulless Capcom ' s side of the roster is, MCU focus is one thing but Capcom' s is even worse when it comes to little to no oddball characters, hardly any ones that really stand out either.
>>
>>383427384

It won't flop, but it looks like shit compared to DBFZ and Sigma and Black Panther are DLC, how jew can you get?
>>
>>383434809
this.

capcom has so many ip's to choose from they could easily make a real capcom vs game. but there too safe and dont wasn't to spend money on creating new assets. just make a 20 dollar fighter cherry picking some of the medicore picks from there ip's then make a grind to pay/pay system like sfv and release popular ip's through it's life span, using popular polls to suggest who to make. if capcom wants to go e-sports this is the best model they could do.

to be honest of all developers i know. capcom squandered it's potential hard.
>>
>>383434893
not spending money on something you want, how jew can you get?
>>
>>383427384

>The roster sucks
>The game looks like shit
>Shitty DLC pushing
>Despite these 3 major cons it still will sell well cuz IT'S MAHVEL BABY

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>383427384
Because every Capcom fighting game after SF4 has sold like shit.
>>
>>383435210

Why can't they be part of the fucking base game? Why do they need to jew people for these characters that people are obivously gonna want for some extra shekels.
>>
>>383435365
because black panther is having a moie
im 99% sure they only added sigma b/c of an interview with a mvc3 fag that said, "capcum plz gibbe sigma"
>>
Did you play the demo? It's fucking garbage. How do you make a game in 2017 and is a sequel to 3 previous games this fucking horrible? Literally worse than the first in the series.
>>
trash roster, ugly graphics, terrible PR
>>
>>383435564
movie*
>>
>>383435564
also i get a real bad feeling he;s gonna be an altered wolverine function.
>>
>>383435674
i agree, most of the new people will have "functions"to be like previous characters that they cut, for example if they add blade he will play like virgil
>>
>>383435564

We don't even know what the full roster IS and they're already shilling DLC characters, taht ain't good at all.
>>
>>383427384
>Marvel never sold as well as SF and Capcom's last SF game sold like shit
>Bad word of mouth carried over from SFV
>Early DLC announcement pissed people off
>Moviefags don't buy games
>It's a fighting game
>Shitty graphics turned into a meme
>Horrible PR
>Casual aimed story mode demo was terrible

but it'll do well competitively
>>
>>383435832
you can only hope they keep adding in more and more dlcs, i know it looks bad but i will still play and shit on casuals
>>
because modern Marvel is a shitty SJW corporate company now with no soul, and theyre forcing Capcom to make Marvel Cinematic Hollywood shit for this game instead of keeping its spirit

that said, ill get it if its good. theres just a chance it may be bad because Marvel is such an awful company
>>
>>383435674
>tfw I love Black Panther and Wolverine but don't want one to just steal another's moveset
>>
>>383435674
Which would suck, because they should put the normal Wolverine function out, and Black Panther should have tons of unique moves.
>>
>>383435935
"panther claw!"
"drill panther!"
"berserker panther!
>>
File: billy mays.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
billy mays.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>383435897
>mfw it would be dead in the water competitively from day one if capcom didn't pay all the big names
>>
>>383435926

Have fun then I guess, barring them revealing something absolutely insane, I'm skipping MVCI and saving my money for Dragon Ball
>>
>>383436085
Lost my shit, thanks anon.
>>
>>383435931
Actually, Marvel Entertainment's CEO Ike Perlmutter is a huge ultra-conservative. And a crazy, petty asshole. I'm partially convinced he allows/encourages shitty SJW pushes in the comics specifically to make people hate liberals. It may seem far fetched, but Ike isn't a normal person, he's a cartoon character.
>>
>>383436117
ill be getting both because i like vidya games
and i like comics and animu
>>
File: WESKERR.jpg (81KB, 644x542px) Image search: [Google]
WESKERR.jpg
81KB, 644x542px
>>383427384
Because its not like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpK1tmcPjm0\
>>
>>383436229

I do too, I just hate shitty business practices and modern Capcom.
>>
File: function_Filename.jpg (17KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
function_Filename.jpg
17KB, 272x185px
>>383427384
>Reduces from 3v3 to 2v2 despite the best selling and most loved games being 3v3

>game reuses 80% of its assets from a 5 year old game that was itself an updated re-release to polished and finished the prior game that felt incomplete

>Cast preference isn't based on story, fan appreciation, or which would be interesting mechanically, but just to shill MCU for Disney

>Teams tell people that "nobody probably even remembers the x-men" "Why do you need magneto when we have another triangle jumper right here!" "A character is really just a function, and we got great functions in this game!"

>Adds a broken Gem mechanic that is poorly balanced in an already offbalance series

>Forced and boring story mode that barely seems like the characters are in line with their personalities and rather just reading a script for MOJOTV.

>Hyper simplification because doing dragon punch motion is too hard

>The soulless "Realistic" art style that fucked up so many iconic characters images

>DAY 1 ON DISC DLC for 6 FUCKING CHARACTERS IN A FIGHTING GAME

This will be the game to either bury Capcom or force them back to their roots.
>>
>>383436325
If RE6 making huge sales but also losing money didn't wake them up, I don't think anything will at this point.
>>
>>383427384
Will mods fix it?
>>
>>383436272
Reminds me of that video with the Seth lookin' fuckers doing the same thing.
>>
>>383433075
That robot that can shoot little robots.
>>
>>383436302
i agree, we need capt commando, jin, gene, ed falcon, protoman, pyron, and the guy from breath of fire 1
>>
File: 1496529484398.gif (2MB, 196x230px) Image search: [Google]
1496529484398.gif
2MB, 196x230px
>>383436554
Made by the same person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZEAuYNKN7I
strange how that works out
>>
>>383436325
>Forced and boring story mode that barely seems like the characters are in line with their personalities and rather just reading a script for MOJOTV.
i dont get this. when watching the story demo, EVERYONE seemed to be all buddy buddy, was kinda cringe for my taste. 'dante x rocket'

>The soulless "Realistic" art style that fucked up so many iconic characters images

ms marvel looks like an anime doll. looking at her and uug-li. theres no doubt in my mind marvel did this on purpose, especially when sfv chun exist.

>DAY 1 ON DISC DLC for 6 FUCKING CHARACTERS IN A FIGHTING GAME

the game really seems to be set up on dlc with no fight money system that sfv has. with all honesty is one of sfv great pros. there holding out on the good stuff for dlc. technically there should be no reason why the entire umvc3 roster plus the new additions shouldn't be in now that we know there reused assets.
>>
File: IMG_6645.gif (725KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6645.gif
725KB, 200x197px
>>383436741
That's the one. Capcom's DLC better have some cool choices because it's kinda lacking right now.
>>
File: 1498192244891.jpg (167KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498192244891.jpg
167KB, 1600x1200px
>Game is MCU focused.
>"Okay, at least we can finally cool characters that have shown up like Daredevil or Loki or maybe we can finally get Vison"
>Will all be dlc is they are even in at all.
The MCU has plenty of good characters to choose form and they still managed to fuck it up.
>>
>>383437008
Well, they are missing a couple other functions that belongs to niggas in UmvC3.
they could always just snatch those assets as DLC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yvQ4sq-R4
>>
File: 1472790086543.png (566KB, 2000x1519px) Image search: [Google]
1472790086543.png
566KB, 2000x1519px
>>383436085
>Weapon Panther ends with Giant P slash marks
>>
>>383437369
black panther sharpens claws....
"chlk chk tck tock ...rookie"
>>
File: IMG_8119.png (224KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8119.png
224KB, 600x605px
>>383437237
Wesker doesn't look bad with a sword.
>>
File: 1780985277764.png (150KB, 1920x974px) Image search: [Google]
1780985277764.png
150KB, 1920x974px
>>383436172
>Actually, Marvel Entertainment's CEO Ike Perlmutter is a huge ultra-conservative
thats hard to believe considering theyre ruining almost every iconic comic franchise by injecting it with... wait a minute let me check something
>inserts pic related
yea, now it makes sense why this "conservative" is doing this stuff
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>383437008
>Green Goblin and Silver Surfer never cause Capcom can't figure out how to make a glider or board work.
>>
>>383437732
More like
>Goblin and Surfer never because FUCK SONY and FUCK FOX
>>
>>383437492

I
IZ
KANG
>>
>>383437732
>Doc Ock almost made it in 3
They brought Frank in Ultimate though so I can't complain too much
>>
>>383431071
This is exactly whats going on.
>>
File: ryan harvey.jpg (29KB, 584x224px) Image search: [Google]
ryan harvey.jpg
29KB, 584x224px
>>
>>383439350
The functions meme is run into the ground, yes but they did it themselves.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1200x628px
>>383427384
It's fun to watch games bomb because the resulting memes are more fun than any game.
>>
>>383439498
Nah. Only if you're some kinda memester. Games are always more fun.
>>
>>383439350
Shiiiiiiiit!
>>
>>383439968
except fighting games.
>>
>>383439498
I wish you faggots would kill yourselves. But that would mean to take responsibility for once, so it'll never happen.
>>
>>383440201
Hi Randy!
>>
File: 1493232140001.png (286KB, 552x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493232140001.png
286KB, 552x530px
WHY THE FUCK DOES X NOT HAVE HIS REMAKE VOICE ACTOR
>>
File: ayy.gif (291KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.gif
291KB, 256x192px
>people thought the the covers and the characters of said comic book meant anything
>Dorm and Firebrand on fucking Deadpool/Spidey book

Finally, now those faggots can shut the fuck up.
>>
>>383440257
>you will never be this retarded
I meant it when I said you should kill yourself.
>>
Are we getting the coolest technically-not-a-Ghost Rider?
>>
File: images.jpg (820KB, 2056x1210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
820KB, 2056x1210px
>>383439425
But the meme stands, as it shows the most genuine disconnect between corporate interests to game developing and the actual desires of the consumer.

And they fucking deserve it for making 6 characters PAID ON DISC DLC out loud and bluntly

>"Some of the DLC characters will be in the story mode."

Meaning their models, voices, and possibly even them as fully playable characters in the story are there. They aren't even hiding it. They are giving you a demo of the DLC character IN THE FUCKING GAME so you can buy them.
>>
>>383440309

Mark Gatha quit voice acting, I think it was only to help him through medical school or some shit. I'm more annoyed they brought JYB back instead of Lucas Gilbertson.
>>
>>383439498
It's fine to enjoy some games bombing, but faggots who pretend EVERY GAME is failing or going to fail are insufferable. I mean, shit, I had fun with SWTOR as well, doesn't mean I have to base the rest of my life around seeking that same feeling. It's pathetic.

Battleborn deserves it though.
>>
>>383440309
Nigga retried. It can't be helped.

>>383440498
This.
>>
NO XMEN NO BUY
>>
>>383440638
X-Who?
>>
File: 1486235879604.jpg (115KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486235879604.jpg
115KB, 400x400px
>>383436085
Literally holding my sides.
>>
File: 1499592191282.png (129KB, 340x388px) Image search: [Google]
1499592191282.png
129KB, 340x388px
>>383439350
>Don't joke about how shit this game is!
>>
>>383436085
>Panther Charge!
>Tornado Panther!
>Panther Cheese!
>>
>>383440587

Like I don't have anything against JYB, I actually like his voice acting, even if he can really only do 2 voices, fuck I've met him in person and he's a pretty cool guy, but Lucas Gilbertson was perfect for Zero.
>>
>>383440910
He has a point, though. People who never played or had the intention to play fighting games gang up on Infinite solely to get their TORtanic fix.
>>
>>383441116
Yeah, but they do that to EVERY GAME. Pretending fighting game fans can't have an opinion about what a Capcom rep said in direct response to their concerns about a fighting game's roster is absurd. I've played EVERY entry into the Versus series, because they had characters that caught my eye. I'm supposed to let "functions" off the hook because some people are fine with swallowing that? Hell no.
>>
>>383441469
>Yeah, but they do that to EVERY GAME.
Didn't seem that way with Guilty or KoF.
>>
>>383440498
>>383440587
didn't JYB say somewhere he wanted Mark to come back for Infinite?
>>
>>383427384
nice one combofunction
>>
>>383436325
/thread

Capcom is kill
>>
File: characters[1].jpg (88KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
characters[1].jpg
88KB, 600x400px
>>383427384
>>
>>383441845
I don't think Fan4stic is the source of the anger directed at MvCI
>>
>>383427384
>No X-Men
>No Fantastic Four
>Ugly
>Day one DLC
>>
File: zerohelmet.png (114KB, 1200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
zerohelmet.png
114KB, 1200x2400px
is zero in this? is he in any fightin games?
>>
>>383441538
I didn't follow much about what people said about GG, but you're bullshitting me right now if you're saying people weren't bullshitting KOFXIV at every turn. Hell, KOFXII was a failure in large part due to how shit the roster was. Remember "No Mai, No buy!"? Even right now, GG and KoF are "dead games" to a lot of people. Don't give me this "Capcom is a victim!" speech. You'd have to get me to pretend all of this shit happens in a bubble.

A lot of the reason Capcom is getting extra hate, even from long time fans, is because DBFZ fucking exists. If it didn't exist, most people would just suck it up and deal with how bad MvCI looks. But now most people feel they don't have to. Even if they don't like DBZ as much as Marvel (I know I don't), it is a fresh 3v3 game with the presentation and action level we come to expect from the Versus games. And if we really need Marvel in our lives, 2 and 3 both have bigger and more interesting rosters than Infinite. And we can play UMvC3 on PC now, so at least Capcom did something right for the fans.
>>
>>383442063
He is.
>>
>>383441673

That doesn't really matter if Mark doesn't want to come back and/or Capcom isn't willing to shell out for him to come out of retirement.
>>
>>383436325
>game reuses 80% of its assets from a 5 year old game

Pick on and only one.
>>
>>383442129
oh neat. can you choke people out in this?

and what about best girl
>>
File: Ms. Fortune Shrug.jpg (32KB, 263x343px) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Fortune Shrug.jpg
32KB, 263x343px
>>383442070
>SFxT launch was shit
>SFV launch was shit
>MvCI is lookin' bad
I love the Vs series but this one is lookin' rough man.
>>
>>383439350
Who's this corporate shill defending Capcom and their functions?
>>
>>383442129

Do you still have to do fucking charge shot jugle combos? as a pleb pad player I hated that shit, can we leave the buster shit to X and the beamsword shit to Zero?
>>
File: 1477608463735.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477608463735.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>Capcoms roster for a Vs game will never be as good as TvC again.
>>
>>383442312
I feel the same. I don't WANT MvCI to be bad, but I can't pretend it looks like it's going to be good. I feel like when I paid for UMvC3 on PC, I gave Capcom the last bit of money I feel like giving them for a while. And that sucks, because Capcom should be able to do a better job.

>>383442272
>Only work they do is create new models
>These models are ugly
The one case where Capcom could have done less work and given us a better product.
>>
Did they actually make new models for returning characters or did they just retexture them?
>>
>>383442312
each game gets worse
>>
Sad when a fucking DBZ fighting game by a niche developer looks way better than this piece of MCU-shilling shit.

Here's hoping after this, we never get another MVC game ever again or better yet, Marvel never makes another fighting game again or no more Vs games.
>>
File: 1494603063168.png (484KB, 596x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1494603063168.png
484KB, 596x1220px
Crapcom games are for 89iq simps
>>
>>383442739
Honestly, Capcom being such cunts is what ruins this for me. How long until people stop with the battered spouse act and finally ditch these DLC loving assholes.
>>
>>383442739
You're expecting way too much from Marvel if you think they'll learn a lesson from this.
They'll just blame you and make an even worse Vs game. It's what they do with comics
>>
>>383435897
This.

>>383435935
This too. If they actually pull this fucking shit, I will be so disappointed. I will refuse to play the fucking game.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 712x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 712x1674px
TvC2 will save us.
>>
>>383442739

I'm hoping Capcom will get their shit together and make a good Vs game, just maybe not with Marvel. I'd take Sega or Namco or like, I dunno maybe TvC2.
>>
>>383442587
>The one case where Capcom could have done less work and given us a better product.

Yeah, Capcom is still retarded. People can be mad and shit on the game all they want, I'm just trying to make sure it's for legitimate reasons instead of shit that's outright wrong.

Nothing irks me more than people who have npo idea what they're talking about like the faggot I was quoting and >>383441823 for blindly agreeing with him.
>>
>>383443089
Fucking when?
>>
File: WhrwApX.png (288KB, 675x506px) Image search: [Google]
WhrwApX.png
288KB, 675x506px
It won't flop, but it's not going to set the world on fire either. It'll be another disappointment from capcom slowly killing fighting games.
I have more of a problem with the tribal mentality the shills are pushing, like that fat fuck stating you're not a "real" member of the fgc if you don't want it to succeed. The fact that people are actually willing to gargle shit so they can be in the special secret club is depressing.
>>
File: itsme.png (757KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
itsme.png
757KB, 1280x720px
>>383443080
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>383443080
I main Ammy and Hajime!
>>
>>383427384
I think people are actually afraid so they keep shitposting. Looking at new gamepaly vids of DBZ it gets worse and worse, there's no depth at all to the gameplay. It's just ki blasts, magic series into super and tag out. This looks as barebones as SFV. I mean look at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuNRcFWAC-M
>>
>>383433301
TVC was even worse desu
>>
>>383443451
At least that game doesn't have any bad business practices as far as we know so far.
>>
>>383443304

We got Megaman and Ryu in Smash 4 with maybe Chris Redfield or someone from Monster Hunter in 5. That's good enough.
>>
>>383443524
It's an ArcSys game. You better be prepared.
>>
>>383443328
No thanks, I don't think I remember any characters I like
>>
>>383443594

They've never been as bad as Capcom outside of releasing like 10 fucking different versions of GGXX.
>>
>>383443451
Pretty sure like no one has really sat down and really figured out DBFZ yet.

Fuck me, even as someone who hasn't been into DBZ that much in fucking years, this game looks so fucking good.
>>
>>383443451
Thank you Anonymous poster for opening my eyes. Instead of playing this game, I will save my money to buy all 12 on-disc DLC and the other Day 1 stages.

Thank you Capcom for giving me so many options as a consumer.

I can't wait to watch Black Panther while drinking my Rocky Raccoon shake.
>>
>>383442739
This is the "argument" I see most in favor of the game. "If it fails, they'll never make another Versus game again!"

But that's bullshit. Capcom knows Versus games are money in the bank. They will have to accept that with even the slightest bit of competition, they will need to put more effort into these games if they want their core audience to buy on day one.
>>
File: Sd-pho.png (77KB, 209x341px) Image search: [Google]
Sd-pho.png
77KB, 209x341px
>>383434295
To import or not import
>>
>>383442521
Some interpreter whose passion is the FGC according to his profile.
>>
>>383443451
ahh yes Gamespot is known for their high level of quality gameplay after all
>>
>>383443594
Bamco is footing the bill for this one so revision releases are less likely.
>>
>>383434295
What game? Is it on Xbone?
>>
>>383434531
yeah I love top tier spider boy of infinite oki as well
>>
>>383443574
>with maybe Chris Redfield or someone from Monster Hunter in 5.
I'll take Dante and Jill Valentine.

>That's good enough.
No, it's not. I want a full-on Nintendo vs. Capcom MvC-style 3v3 crossover fighting game.
>>
>>383433075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRHi9oyMXqE
>>
If I plan on getting a MvsC game, it would be 3 just because of Okami.
>>
>>383443691
>t. reddit kappa poster

Also, I'm going to laugh when this launches with 15 characters and you end up having to buy like 5 editions of this and ends up dying by the second year because of arcsys' shitty business practices, but you'd no doubt gobble it up cause you're an arcshyl bandwagoner.

>>383443818
Look at any video released so far everything looks the same and honestly with more and more gameplay releases the game looks less hype. It looks dumbed down too much kind of like SFV.
>>
>>383440498
They weren't ever gonna bring back Gilbertson. He's a Canadian actor and the MvC games are recorded at a California recording studio. Of course they would rehire Johnny Yong Bosch who is an actor in the area for MvC Infinite instead of flying out someone from Canada.
>>
>>383442272
The characters are just reskinned with a pretty new graphic engine slapped on to them. Returning characters retain 95% of their animations with the other 5% being an extra move or lame looking super tacked on. Don't act stupid.
>>
I don't know why people even try to force this DBFZ vs. Marvel rivalry. DB releases late next year, Marvel in a few months. It's not even a competition.
>>
>>383443451
Jesus, the animations look jank as fuck.
>>
>>383444267
It's not even a competition because weeb games have no depth. Why do you think they always die in a week?
>>
>>383444246
>characters retain 95% of their animations

Like almost every successive fighting game in a long running series does? This is nothing new shitposter.
>>
>>383444120
Look at this fucking damage control. Has to pretend other another company is making a game that is "like SFV" while pretending the fuckers who MADE SFV are going to spin gold despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>383444120

And even then it would still be better than whatever mess MvCI will be.
>>
>>383444304
It's ArcSys. They're known for having terrible animations.
>>
>>383444362
They always die within a week because weeb shitters pretend they're too hardcore for popular games like SF or Tekken, but what they really do is hide from the fierce competition.
>>
>>383444382
MvCI has far more depth than this game has, sorry to burst your bubble reddit kappa user. But we all know you don't actually play fighting games and are just a stream monster.

>>383444385
It'd get better reviews, but the players will peter out and it'll be dead in a year.
>>
>>383443451
And yet this game looks far more entertaining than MvCI by a mile.
>>
>>383444675
no it doesn't. It looks prettier, but the gameplay options have been extremely limited.
>>
>>383444583
>but the players will peter out and it'll be dead in a year.

So pretty much like every fighting game that's not SF, Tekken, Mahvel, or GG?
>>
>>383444721
>the gameplay options have been extremely limited
No they haven't lmao.
>>
File: 1473175391972.gif (966KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1473175391972.gif
966KB, 320x180px
>>383443451
>expecting fucking gamespot to have good gameplay

those mother fuckers gave crash 6.0
>>
>>383444267
It means people don't have to feel like MvCI is the only game in town. An extra year wait isn't bad if you know it's coming, and that will at least allow people to wait to see what season 2 DLC for MvCI will be before dropping cash on it. Basically, it takes the pressure off people who might have otherwise preordered MvCI despite any misgivings.

>>383444246
Which does make it kinda crazy that ANY characters from at least vanilla 3 are missing. Since so little is new, you have to accept at Capcom had to do the following for MvCI
>Make new models
>record new voices
>add gems
>alter balance slightly for the 2v2 aspect

But when you look at MvC3, they did all that plus:
>all moves and balances, some of which from scratch

Capcom even has SFV to blatantly steal characters from, but they didn't? It's not like it seems like a lot more work, so why not do it? Is the stink on SFV so bad right now that they didn't want to add in a rep from it?
>>
>>383444721
>mfw I'll buy it since it's an actual fighting game and I like DBZ
I'll probably get MvCI if it turns out well. There's always some kinda rivalry when there should be mone.
>>
>>383444675
No it doesn't. I can't wait for evo next year when DBFZ has BB number of entrants while MvCI is the second highest game after SFV, another game kappatards like to mindlessly hate on because it's popular.
>>
>>383444721
But MvCI is almost literally UMvC3 with less characters, 2v2 and gems.

If Capcom/Disney money wasn't going to push it at tournaments, I'd honestly assume that UMvC3 would do better than MvCI for the next few years.
>>
>>383444246
You know you can reuse assets and change the art style, right?
>>
>>383444583
>MvCI has far more depth than this game has
even though capcom themselves say they're trying to make the game accessible?
really makes you think
>>
>>383444440
Oh so this isn't something that'll change? Figure since it was still early and they'd add more "frames" because of the way shit is drawn.

Either way, gameplay looks kinda shallow, but still mite b fun. Bargain bin $20 purchase or some shit.
>>
>>383444923
Are you having fun roleplay posting, anon?
>>
>>383444778
Considering everyone saying this'll kill MVCI and be the savior of the fgc, that's pretty embarrassing if that's its fate.
>>
>>383444923

So you like capcoms practices of day 1 DLC? major cuck confirmed
>>
>>383444923
>MvCI is the second highest game after SFV

Because drones flock to those games like locusts because brand recognition, not because they're better or even good. Tekken 7 and KOF are way fucking better than SFV yet guess what game gets the most enterants?
>>
>>383433141
Marvel doesnt do the X-men movies.

They are literally burying them on purpose.
>>
>>383445050
It's better practice than buying a new game every time which is what ArcSys is notorious for.
>>
File: 142343434414.png (137KB, 269x311px) Image search: [Google]
142343434414.png
137KB, 269x311px
>>383445050
>guess I better not buy any vidya made past 2011
>>
>every new Capcom rep is awesome
>there's only three
>the game itself looks like hot fucking garbage

What the fuck is wrong with Capcom? How can they honestly think MvCI is in a presentable state?
>>
>>383445016
>Figure since it was still early and they'd add more "frames" because of the way shit is drawn.
No they literally do it that way on purpose to make it look more like an anime. If you don't like the style then they're never going to appease you.
>>
>>383442938
If you're using this comic then you're iq must be lower than that.
>>
>>383444721
>>383444983
You both have got it wrong. MvCI is just a casualized, simplified UMvC3, whereas DBFZ is literally almost just UMvC3. DBFZ wins by default.
>>
>>383428036
>Kappa
>>383444120
>reddit kappa poster
>>383444583
>reddit kappa user
>>383444923
>kappatards like to
What the fuck does this nigga shit even mean? Is it some sorta retarded baby talk? Fuck, I know not everyone on 4chan is educated, but what is this? Another made up faggot word?
>>
>>383445050
>buy ggxrd
>next gg invovles buying a whole new game a year later

WOAH BREHS
>>
File: welp.png (35KB, 760x630px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
35KB, 760x630px
>there are fags in this thread who defend day 1 dlc for 6 fucking characters

I have no problem with DLC if it's released after few months but day 1? thats fucking scummy.
>>
File: image.png (319KB, 482x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
319KB, 482x409px
>>383443304
I want a real Nintendo fighting game, man. Nintendo X Capcom or Nintendo X Namco would be cash.
>>
File: 1438243053780.png (660KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
1438243053780.png
660KB, 709x462px
>>383445353
1 year vs day 1, you do the math faggot
>>
>>383445190
If the games good I can probably look past it eventually. But even still:
>to make it look more like an anime
What fucking anime that isn't from the 80s has like 15fps animation during action?
>>
>>383435897
>but it'll do well competitively

If SFxT can die from bad word of mouth despite them fixing the game I can see infinite biting it hard especially if DBFZ can actually get a foothold and fill that void of a crazy fighter.
>>
>>383445353
I'm sure you're saving a ton of money with these $30 character packs and $10 stage DLC Capcom is charitable enough to provide you.
>>
>>383445321
reddit's FGC board is called kappa

Anon is having a lot of fun pretending he's a Capcom advocate to shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>383444721
I'll tell you what's limited, cutting down teams by 1 member and those members don't have assists.
Working backwards doesn't work for a sequel. MvC3 is literally a better game in every sense of the world, better graphics, more and varied characters, more depth in both team comp and actual tech.
>>
>>383445575
>What fucking anime that isn't from the 80s has like 15fps animation during action?
Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>383445624
And I'm sure paying full price again for three additional characters is the smart thing to do. Especially when considering the next revision is already around the corner.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1272x669px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1272x669px
The Cutting Room Floor already mined the game from the demo. Here is the beta character select screen with all the DLC characters except Monster Hunter, Venom, Jedah.

With functions that are replaced and notes on it in the character select screen.
>>
>>383445647
>reddit's FGC board is called kappa
I won't even ask why.
>>
>>383445672
Then why aren't you playing it? Legitimate question, by the way.

If all you faggots creaming yourselves over UMvC3 or USFIV actually played those games, there wouldn't be a problem. You're just bitch niggas.
>>
>>383445647
Not him but why/how did r/kappa even get its name?
>>
>>383427384
Because i don't remember the Xmen apparently
>>
>>383445827
>>383445804
Because a lot of the FGC loves shitposting in twitch streams (stream monsters)
>>
>>383445827
Basically, it's a Twitch chat in reddit format, which makes it double retarded.
>>
>>383444721

Did you make a fucking thread just to shipost your faggy opinion on? Or are you just parroting shit?
>>383443212
>>
>>383445624
but I haven't spent a dime yet, I've made exactly enough, but I skipped kolin so now I might throw some cash after abigail uses the last bit of fm
>>
>>383445975
He's just trying to get a job shilling for Capcom because those Tournament pots are going to dry up faster than SFxT's.
>>
>>383445710
Considering the actual amount of content you get besides characters, yeah. Considering newly added DLC characters are free for their first two weeks or something when they launch, yeah. Considering all of those releases are full games meanwhile SFV has been out for a fucking year and a half and is still missing basic features like an arcade mode or the fucking ability for player 2 to select rematch or go to character select, yeah. You can keep memeing about all of the revisions as much as you want, Capcom charged you for $90 day 1 for a "Season Pass" that didn't even include all of the content in the season and so many fucking people complained that they had to rename the DLC. I hope you're enjoying Character Pack 2, that you probably bought in December and still don't even know who half of the fucking characters in said pack are. Boy I sure do feel like I got scammed for paying full price for a full game with a vast array of improvements from the previous version.
>>
>>383445792
Any chance for my nigga Robbie? They'll probably reuse Blaze though.
>>
>>383437660

Look up the stories of how cheap Ike was at Marvel.
>>
>>383433075
Function, from the Function May Function function.
>>
>>383445672
>better graphics
On that note, it really is astounding just how much better (U)MvC3 looked. Holy shit. Just compare Dante's everything in that game to the way all of his attack animations and visual effects are in Infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Llb43WN0Q
>>
>>383427384
The long and short of it is that Infinite is a fucking PR disaster.

The controversy over the functions thing and the assertion that people don't know the x-men anymore are clearly poor cover-ups for Marvel having Capcom's balls in a vice grip over their pretty film rights bullshit, and quite frankly, the stuff that they have been showing for the game hasn't been flattering. The character models are being torn apart for looking really damn funky on some characters, the leaked roster is incredibly fucking underwhelming, the DLC model already sounds terrible, with a main villain being fucking day one DLC/preorder, and the move towards the cinematic look and designs doesn't sit well with long time fans of the (Vs.) series. They keep on pushing the fucking story mode which absolutely fucking no one gives a shit about, to the point of giving us a demo for the fucking story mode instead of a limited vs/training mode like they had on the E3 show floor or something that would let people get a real feel for the game.

I don't wish that MvCI ends up bad. I'd absolutely love for it to be good, but what they are deciding to show people ain't exactly building confidence in the product.

I personally don't quite know what to make of the actual game yet. Not crazy about the simplified inputs thing and the push to avoid the SRK motion like the fucking plague in favor of 22 motions. I kind of like how free form combos look, going back to how if something looked like it hit on the ground, it did, and the free tag looks like it could potentially be interesting, but with that said, things look a bit too 'easy' right now, at the cost of depth. Hard to say at this point, since barely anyone has really gotten to lab the game extensively. I get the feeling that some of the stones are going to be completely fucking busted.
>>
>>383445575
Doesn't anime have a standard 24fps? Even then some of the frames are doubled up in some instances so really it's more like 12-15. Still theres 15000+ drawings per episode.
>>
>>383427384
Because it DESERVES to flop, even though it won't. Shit cast full of MCU & safe Capcom characters, absolutely no originality, shit character models/designs, boring stages, really lame story even for a vs title...everything about the game is designed towards two groups of people: The Fight Club (or whatever they call themselves) cancers who actually argued that Capcom charging money to unlock characters already on-disc in Street Fighter X Tekken was a GOOD thing, and faggots whose only knowledge of fighting games is
>>
>>383446106
What amount of content? Rev 2 barely added shit.

Besides, most of the SFV DLC is cosmetic shit and everything else you can get for free. ArcSys revisions have paid DLC costumes on top as well, but it's somehow bad when Capcom does it.
>>
>>383440638

Here you go
>>
File: perlmutter.jpg (63KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
perlmutter.jpg
63KB, 575x575px
>>383446191
How cheap Ike IS at Marvel. While Marvel Studios escaped his influence, Marvel Entertainment (comics, tv, animation, etc.) are still under him. It's amazing how cheap his is.

The most obvious result of how cheap he is can be seen by how shitty Marvel comics have been the last 12 years AND how continuity seems to have been thrown out the door. Why is that? His first big cost cutting measure was to fire like 80% of the editors. So if you ever read a Marvel book and ask "who fucking edited this shit?" the answer is probably no one.
>>
>>383446443
>Rev 2 barely added shit
Rev 2 was also TWENTY DOLLARS and was on sale when it launched. It's also still adding content to the game ABSOLUTELY FREE like more customization options for lobbies, figurine mode, and more training mode options like the new combo display that shows your attacks just like a challenge mode combo.
>>
>>383446443
>ArcSys revisions have paid DLC costumes on top as well,
You mean one costume dlc only Elphelt players care about?
>>
>>383446640
So you paid for shit that should've been in the game from Day 1? Incredible.
>>
File: 1498671673891.jpg (198KB, 817x861px) Image search: [Google]
1498671673891.jpg
198KB, 817x861px
>>
File: 1473632779717.jpg (332KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1473632779717.jpg
332KB, 1000x666px
>>383446842
You mean like the day 1 dlc characters in MvC:I?
>>
>>383446842
>extra content for fun that isn't serious in any regard and is also absolutely free
>HURRR SHOULD HAVE BEEN DAY 1
Tell me how your training session is going with DLC character number 4, anon. I'll wait. Because I mean, characters are the absolute core of a fighting game, a new character can drastically affect the balance, online, and competitive play for a fighter. Clearly they would be there day 1.
>>
>>383447034
This angers me. I don't regret not buying a single capcom since x tekken.
>>
>>383444381
People demand more when the games are both 3D and more than 3 years between installments.

Unless you really WERE in favor of Morrigan keeping her same sprite for a decade.
>>
>>383446248
Better video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6IQzDPHS5w
>>
>>383447034
That's the most insulting thing they can say to anyone even remotely interested in this.
>>
>>383447421
Oh please. How many of you faggots actually read comics? The function thing might have been phrased kinda dumb, but there's some truth in it.

Besides, one of the most used character was Sentinel, which is literally nothing more than a soulless killer robot.
>>
>>383447421
Why? It's not like the entire point of the game is seeing characters people love fight other characters they love.

Oh, wait...
>>
>>383447658
Combofiend, go to bed. You got a long day of functions to help refine tomorrow.
>>
>>383447658
I guarantee you there were people who went and bought the game because Wolverine was in it. That's the appeal; I can play as Magneto and kill Morrigan or use Zero to cut up Deadpool.
>>
>>383445647
>pretending
Between this piece of shit and World, they're working overtime here.
>>
>>383447658
What truth? That people only care about Magneto because of his dash?
>>
>>383447751
>responding to a genuine question with memery
'sup reddit.
>>
>>383447658
>Besides, one of the most used character was Sentinel, which is literally nothing more than a soulless killer robot
So where's the Sentinel function?
>>
>>383447158
It matched the rest of the game's visuals did it not?
>>
>>383447658
>How many of you faggots actually read comics?
I know you're that faggot that has been sucking Capcom's dick the entire thread, but that's fucking stupid to say. These characters have all had movies, cartoons, others games, etc. Marvel comics haven't been very good for the last decade anyway, doesn't mean people actually forgot who the fucking X-Men or Dr. Doom are. Hell, the X-Men are a pretty well known part of modern pop culture, which is why Fox can normally make money even when the movies range from really good to really bad.

Function Sentinel was put in for the FGC crowd. I'm not sure who in the roster now is for the FGC crowd, since most of them only remember the X-Men anyway.
>>
>>383447658
>forgetting people love wolverine so much he showed up in everything to up ratings
>>
>>383447658
>Oh please. How many of you faggots actually read comics?
You would have a point if the only way you could ever know any of these characters was the comics.

Let me put it to you this way, how many of you faggots actually watched the X-Men cartoon show, or X-Men Evolution, or any of the X-Men movies, or the X-Men beat em up, or the X-Men fighting games, or the X-Men action games?

Do you see how stupid that sounds? There's so much fucking media that involves the X-Men and some of them were massive fucking widely successful blockbuster movies. Wolverine and Magneto are INCREDIBLY fucking popular characters even if you've never read a comic in your fucking life. A lot of people remember Sentinel from the cartoons. THIS ONE'S FOR YOU MORPH. You're a fucking idiot if you think the comics are the end all be all to the cultural zeitgeist.
>>
>>383448113
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSJrD9VWPII
>>
>>383448113
Not to mention that this whole fucking vs series started with the fucking X-men.
>>
File: 1486752611699.png (136KB, 360x390px) Image search: [Google]
1486752611699.png
136KB, 360x390px
>>383447658
I can't believe people like you are defending this shit.
Are you forgetting when megaman, ryu and fucking cloud got revealed for smash?
>>
>>383448113
>>383447992
>>383447982
>>383447875
So nobody likes the characters enough to read the source material? Maybe Combofiend wasn't too far off.
>>
>>383448412
I read Wolverine, pham.
>>
>>383427853
Mediocre artstyles and bland rosters are everything wrong with most fighting games?
>>
>>383448113
All this reminds me that there is simply no point to Marvel not allowing X-Men in the game. Wolverine being in the game isn't going to sell more copies of Fox's Logan. It'll sell more copies of MvCI. Ike Perlmutter's petty crusade against Fox is the ONLY reason we, the fans, aren't getting a game with some of the best characters in it. In comparison, MvC3 looks like a pure love letter to the fans, with a lot of interesting and inspired roster choices. Not to mention the MvC3 trailers were a better story than the MvCI story mode demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxjuXre3Dw
>>
>>383447875
That people only care about Sentinel cause he was top tier. He wasn't even a character like Nimrod.

>>383447982
And the FGC crowd only liked Sentinel cause he was a function. Which is what people are saying. I mean how people played gambit, venom, spiderman, captain america online in mvc2 when it was on xbox 360? Not even fucking tournaments I'm asking, but online?
>>
>>383443451
You can look at this video and tell that they're not maximizing damage here. Vegeta has a midair elbow drop that definitely can be followed up on if you look at the ground bounce that happens afterwards

Nice try capcbro
>>
>>383448412
>Reading modern Marvel.
>>
>>383448412
The "source material" is Claremont's run, and I did read that. I don't read current over priced Marvel shit where Wolverine is dead, and Cyclops died from breathing in some gas.
>>
>>383448620
I like Sentinel because he's a giant robot personally.
>>
>>383427384
no xmen no buy
>>
>>383448708
>Cyclops is hitler for destroying the gas that kills mutants.
Thanks Marvel I sure want to buy your Inhumans comics now.
>>
>>383427384
Go away combofiend
>>
>>383448620
>I mean how people played gambit, venom, spiderman, captain america online in mvc2 when it was on xbox 360? Not even fucking tournaments I'm asking, but online?
A lot. They quit because trying to play MvC2 after the year 2004 is impossible if you haven't been keeping up for the last 15 years of the game's life. It's an irrelevant metric because who gets played is less important than did someone buy the game, and I can guarantee you people bought the game because of characters like Gambit and Venom.
>>
>>383448649
>no throws
>no shoryuken inputs
>everyone has a useless charge up mechanic for whatever reason
>ki blasts that replace a proper normal
>can't combo incoming characters and are forced to watch a stupid cutscene everytime a character is knocked out
>assists are limited

this game is shallower than a puddle and meant to lure in anime plebs who don't care about fighting games.
>>
CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT DON'T LET THE MARVEL JEWS FOOL YOU.
>>
>>383448946
>>can't combo incoming characters and are forced to watch a stupid cutscene everytime a character is knocked out

I too enjoy watching the player pool disintegrate because potential players can't actually play the game.
>>
>>383448620
People might just LIKE those characters, you know. Captain America has been around since 1941, he must be doing something right. Unless you missed a word and are saying people DIDN'T play them, but I certainly brought out Venom when the urge hit me.

It is weird that no one ever just took Sentinal's moves and turned it into a more well known character. But even if Sentinal was never a "character" (which is false, there have been a few Sentinal characters in the comics from time to time) it is part of the legacy that Versus was born from.
>>
>>383427384
>SFV was disappointing
>limited roster
>shit graphics
>removed 3v3

I'll reserve final judgement till it's out, but there's alot of red flags.
>>
>>383448946
There are throws though. Anyway, you're not completely wrong.
>>
>>383449301
No just mostly wrong.
>>
>>383443676

They are WORSE then capcom imo

Multiple version of their fighting games for full price/almost full price that only add 1 to 2 new chars. Not to mention 8 fucking dollar dlc chars.

or things like 30 dollar voice packs.
>>
>>383432853
Actually, they were weird for the games they debuted in. Blackheart(and Shuma) had nothing to do with the Infinity Gauntlet storyline but got added to MSH. Spiral was a B tier villain along with Silver Samurai and they got added to COTA
>>
>>383449070
The game resetting to neutral after a character death, to me, is one of the best aspects of the game. Fucking comboing incoming characters (very often to death) is so fucking boring, both to play and watch. An entire character riding on one guess is just a mechanic people accepted, but it was never hype building. Getting to (most likely) see every character fight in an actual match is a lot more interesting to me.
>>
>>383449594
It's also not even entirely factually correct. The unblockable launcher thing that replaces throw can also do a snapback to bring in the next character, which gives you incoming mixup situations. The only thing that is stopped in DBFZ is incoming after killing a character, which is frankly just smart as it prevents momentum from building so hard that you just steamroll someone before they get a chance to fight back. If you want to put someone in a hard to block situation that exists in spades, you just can't bank on a few situations where your opponent is 100% forced to put up with the mixup and hope they guess wrong.
>>
>>383447658
>which is literally nothing more than a soulless killer robot.
So was Huitzil, but that didn't stop Diago form becoming a legend with him.
>>
>>383450098
Huitzil has much better animations than Sentinel and a cooler design. He should actually have been in the vs games.
>>
>>383449909
>The unblockable launcher thing that replaces throw can also do a snapback to bring in the next character, which gives you incoming mixup situations.
Yeah, it's fine if there are still systems to get that mix up, but the way they do it means the players have more control over it.

I also just think the clash moment when a new character comes in is pretty badass. It will be a real hype builder when people are watching close matches.
>>
>>383450227
I like it myself. I kinda feel like the general impression of that mechanic has been overall positive, even MvC players see it and are like yeah that makes sense I'm okay with that if not being outright happy about it.
>>
File: 1469010485167.png (218KB, 360x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469010485167.png
218KB, 360x614px
>>383449594
>>383449909
>>383450227

pretty much fucking this, imagine shit like this happening in a 1v3 situation
>>
>>383427384

It has Mega Man and Zero so fuck it, I want it to succeed.
>>
>>383448946
>no shoryuken inputs in DBZF is bad
>down down punch inputs are good in MvCI

at last i truly see
>>
You can make a GOOD MvC game without mutants. It's possible since Marvel have a dozen or so versatile characters in their history of comics. The problem, they're doing it wrong. Even worse is that most will say 'literally who? I want my X-men' When I can tell you that other people will look at you the same when you mention Marrow & Silver Samurai. I've always felt the MvC series was a series to shed the light on unknown characters mixed in with the well known characters, like X-men Legends, Ultimate Alliance, & Avengers Alliance, but maybe that's just me. Back to the matter at hand, Marvel seems to not be letting the team stretch into unknown & fun territory & instead advertise for their current & future Movie titles, which funny enough, they have no hand over. They seem to think name recognition will be what sells it & ultimately are rushing the game along with Capcom, who isn't free from the blame here. It's funny, we've seen people on /co/ pull off better lists without any Mutant or X-men characters than what we have here. See I'm fine with Gamora, but I'm no fan of the 'Mass Effect' design, I love Hawkeye, but his Ultimateverse look is always bland. Then we have the models themselves, almost all vets are rushed & look bad. You can clearly see all the time went into the newcomers. Then there's the bland UI. All in All, this game was rushed, the roster restricted, which upsets me because, after RE7, & the announcements of return to old franchises, I had a glimmer of faith.
>>
>>383451092
>I've always felt the MvC series was a series to shed the light on unknown characters mixed in with the well known characters
The lack of Taskmaster in MvCI should annoy every single person on Earth.
>>
>>383451238
whats funny his, half his movelist is reused assets from other characters, but ironically he isn't in a game all about reusing assets.
>>
>>383451238
>X-Men functions exist
>But they're all abilities on Taskmaster

As nonsensical as this would be, how angry would you be?
>>
>>383451506
Incredibly because Task was my main in the last game.
>>
>>383451441
The biggest insult of the whole game is looking at how many assets they DIDN'T reuse. We'll get reused assets as DLC, and that's just now how the game should be.
>>
>>383451035
MvCI has shoryuken inputs for some characters. DBZF doesn't have any so far.
>>
>>383452105
>>383451035
Well, what does DBZF use? Not that down, down shit, I hope. I just don't personally like doing down down.
>>
>>383452105
>MvCI has shoryuken inputs for some characters.
One. It has one for one character so far. Just Ryu. We haven't seen one for anyone else yet.
>>
>>383427715
I dunno, it might not "flop" by /v/'s standards, but by Capcom and (especially) Marvel's standards?

Remember that Street Fighter V was supposed to sell 2 million units and Capcom considered it a flop because it took six months or so for it to even hit 1.5 million. The game won't flop by /v/'s standards because it will sell more than 10 copies and have a metacritic score in the double digits. I have a feeling, however, that Capcom and Marvel will end up being sorely disappointed by the sales on this.

Of course, the nightmare scenario could still occur. The game could sell millions to retarded casuals and children simply because of the MCU characters and branding. It could very well have the Marvel/Disney effect and end up selling like crazy to casuals based on the Avengers alone. It's hard to imagine, but Capcom would probably try even less to appeal to the FGC if that were to occur
>>
>>383445792
>frank west is back
Nice
inb4 DR4 frank
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.