[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /v/ how do i get into castlevania?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: castlevania-wall.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-wall.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
Dear /v/ how do i get into castlevania?
>>
Super Castlevania IV
Then play Rondo of Blood
Finally, play Symphony of the Night
Don't waste your time on any others
>>
>>383427862
unless it's dawn of sorrow/portrait of ruin of course
>>
Play the first one
>>
>>383427292
Play them chronologically, starting from the NES games up until the PS1 but skip II,
and come back to it later if you want.
If you find yourself wanting more, play the GBA and DS titles that follow the style of Symphony of the Night. There's 3D games on the N64, PS2, and PS3 as well.
>>
Like any series. You either start with the first game and play them in release order or play the most popular games first.
>>
Play Castlevania for the NES and then play Symphony of the Night. Everything else is just filler content.
>>
>>383430405

>Castlevania III
>Rondo of Blood
>Aria of Sorrow
>Castlevania 64
>Castlevania Adventure
>filler content

Some of the games are bad. But the only true filler games are stuff like Castlevania IV as it is essentially a remake of Castlevania I. And it's actually one of the better games.
>>
>>383427862
>Not playing Aria of Sorrow
>>
remember, when someone tells you to skip some games, it's because they haven't played them themselves.
>>
>>383430405
>>383431520
OoE is really good too.
>>
>>383427862
You are a casual piece of shit.
>>
>>383427292
i've just started trying castlevania, beginning with the originals

1 is short, sweet, a little basic, generally good. FUCK grim reaper and his whole fucking stage
i find 2's huge ambition as interesting and endearing as it is annoying to wade through, but i didn't have the time/patience to really settle in and deal with it yet, so i passed after trying it for a couple of hours
3 is fucking great, already one of my favorite nes games and i haven't even finished

all the spinoffs on other consoles are really starting to intimidate me though
>>
File: yen-napkins.jpg (18KB, 550x291px) Image search: [Google]
yen-napkins.jpg
18KB, 550x291px
>>383432310

>all the spinoffs on other consoles are really starting to intimidate me though

Welcome to Konami. Please enjoy the ride.
>>
>>383427862
>not playing Dracula's Curse
>or Circle of the Moon
disgusting
>>
I didn't like the multi-directional whiping in 4. I think Rondo Richter controls the best out of all the classic Belmonts.
>>
>>383427862
>>383428462
Play them in this exact order. Then play the others if you're up for it.
>>
>>383427862
>not playing Castlevania 3
I know you're young and all, but come on.
>>
I'm going to take this moment to point out one of the many detestable things about weebs. This is one of more annoying traits on the seemingly infinite list of annoying traits of the weeb. Something can exist for a long time, totally unchanged and weebs will hate everything about it. But the MOMENT an anime exists about that same thing, they suddenly fall in love with that thing that they hated, but only on the level where they can copy the anime to the T. It doesn't even have to be animated. Someone can draw a series of anime girl doing stupid things and call it [thing] chan and weebs think it's a person that they can marry.

Another example of this would be motorsports. Weebs hate cars and everything about them, but the second Initial D comes around, they suddenly love motorsports, but only if they can use that shitbox of a car and drift around listening to EDM (which they will cancerously refer to as "eurobeat" like in the anime). Motorsports existed forever. Nothing changed about it. They only reason they now suddenly love it is because they can relate it to one single anime.
>>
>>383427292
Symphony of the Night is a little bit cooler if you played Castlevania 3 (and Rondo of Blood) first.
>>
File: wigglytuff.png (127KB, 400x551px) Image search: [Google]
wigglytuff.png
127KB, 400x551px
>>383435785
Wow, some people that get introduced to something through anime end up liking that thing they get introduced too? Who would've thought!
>>
>>383427292
>not playing them by release date

Fucking casual.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.