[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA IV Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: dimitri.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dimitri.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>there will never be a game with such a kino storyline like GTA IV ever again
hold me bros
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE
>>
gta4 sux
>>
how long until this faggot gets tired of this shit
>>
>>383426998
kys pleb
>>
>>383426798
SLEEPING DOGS says hi
>>
>>383426798
Game story was really nice and realistic, plus the menu music theme was cool... But the rest?

Shitty radio stations, not much to do, the map felt quite similar in every part. Not much to explore too.

But I still like it more than GTA V, if we forget the radio stations. The main problem with GTA V is that I feel no connection to the characters. It's the first GTA game that I kinda don't give a shit of what happens next in story.

Anyways, my ratings will stay like this:

3>Vice City>San Andreas>IV>V

I didn't play the first two GTAs unfortunately.
>>
>>383427706
>Shitty radio stations, not much to do, the map felt quite similar in every part. Not much to explore too.
Idk, I liked that there was a station for every genre. Want to listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Funk, Jazz, Acid Jazz, Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Ambient, Russian music, Indie Rock, House? Got you covered.
Also you don't really experience Liberty City if you just follow the waypoint. Try to take your time, use the Subway, explore ghetto projects at night, walk around and you'll see some cool shit.
>>
File: 1476294505992.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476294505992.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>383426798
>gta iv
>kino story
it was a 6/10 at best
>>
>ey nico heres a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows this other guy who knows a guy who knows a guy now kill this guy you knew all along the end
>>
>>383428721
Different stations, but not a single famous or semi-famous song. They weren't even good, if you ask me.

I always have good memories related to some songs in every single GTA game... except the fourth one.
>>
>>383426798
GTAIV didn't have a good story.
Nearly every mission was running errands for someone else just because.
>>
>>383429113
>single famous or semi-famous song
Yeah, I guess artists like Black Sabbath, David Bowie, The Smashing Pumpkins, Justice, LCD Soundsystem, Kanye West, Nas, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye aren't famous at all
fucking kill yourself, you uncultured pleb
>>
>>383429321
but that's literally every GTA game, except maybe Vice City to some degree
>>
IV is literally the worse 3D gta game and a tryhard story about someone who stays a doormat the entire time instead of ending the game on top doesn't suddenly change that. Game was shit, story was shit. Being different didn't make it better.
>>
>>383429534
Yeah, and what about the fact that they used unknown songs of these artists, because they didn't want to pay for the rights of the popular ones?

There's a reason why none has ever heard those songs made by popular bands... it's because they SUCK.

Stay mad, pussy.
>>
>>383430368
>The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
>Kanye West - Flashing Lights
>unknown
>>
>>383431187
What about 2Pac, Dr. Dre, N.W.A., Ice Cube, Eazy E, KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns n' Roses, and David Bowie, featuring Snoop Dogg?
>>
>>383427706
>he didn't like iggy pop as a DJ
>>
>>383431324
Didn't care for SA's hip hop stations but K-DST and Radio X was good.
>>
>>383431187
Nice! Two famous songs out of 360! That's a good ratio, isn't it?

Also, I asked my big David Bowie fan friend if he knew the song Fascination, and guess what? He never heard about that shit.

And, I am a huge R.E.M fan myself, yet I never heard about the shitty song Turn You Inside-Out.

Anyways, why are we even debating here... Rockstar stated that they used those unknown songs because they were cheap. And they could then use the band names for marketing purposes.
>>
>>383427706
>shitty radio stations
WHAT IS VLADIVOSTOK FM MANE
>>
>>383433431
You're implying that just because those tracks are less known, they're not good.
I like that R* took the approach of adding less known tracks to the game. Not everything has to be non-stop hits 24/7.
I bet you're one of those cunts who only listens to the bands top singles on spotify.
>>
>>383434167
There is a simple reason why these songs are not known...

Because they are BAD.

They were just "filler" songs for some albums. If they were any good, people would know about them.

Rockstar could have paid for indie or niche bands with GOOD songs... but they didn't. You know why?

Because the whole goal was to purchase CHEAP and BAD songs from FAMOUS singers, so they could use the singers name for their marketing.
>>
>>383434871
>If they were any good, people would know about them.
if you believe this is true then you're a moron and I have nothing else to say to you
>>
>>383435363
You're just a fucking hipster, thinking you're a music expert because you listen to some alternative neo-speed punk.

People do browse other songs of famous singers, and guess what, they ditch the shitty ones. I extensively listened to Nirvana albums, and I still only like the most famous ones.
>>
>>383435883
>Nirvana
>good
top kek
back to r/music with you
>>
Playing Vice City, it was the best one.
>>
>>383427706

>GTA 5 is the first GTA where I have no connection to the characters
>thinks gta3 is the best

What?
>>
>>383433593

Vladivostok fm was great, the one rasta/ bass station was great, I liked the one hipster radio station too. Even the skits on the one right-wing talk station were funny.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.