[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

argue this protip: you cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: kerbe.png (592KB, 674x576px) Image search: [Google]
kerbe.png
592KB, 674x576px
argue this

protip: you cant
>>
>>383421546
I fucking hate this meme. Kirby has some shit games.
>>
>posts an image with five bad games and one not even out

what did he meme by this
>>
Squeak Squad
>>
>>383421724
>five bad games
The only bad one is arguably dreamland and that is because no copy abilities.
Nevertheless, including the one that is not out is whack
>>
Yarn game wasn't bad it just was fucking BORING
>>
>>383421546
Kirby 64 is still trash
>>
I don't see rainbow curse here
>>
>never ever stray from original games formula ever
>No games turn out worse than the original

Wow who knew
>>
>>383421546
Triple Deluxe was bad. I didn't play Robobobobobot but I'd consider it being bad as well.
>>
POYO!
>>
only bad ones are Super Star and Amazing Mirror
>>
>thank you for never ESPECIALLY you!!! having any bad games
>>
>>383421546
The Kirby series, for the most part, feels like a long dull haze of mediocrity. The games are never especially fun. It's funny, because Kirby looks like bubble gum, and that's how I would describe his games. There's the initial flavor that hits your tongue, and immediately gives you a nice perk. But only after a couple minutes the flavor is all gone, and you find yourself still chewing on this rubbery substance, and you can't find anything to spit it in nearby.

Every Kirby game is novel, because of the copy gimmick. But then you soon begin to taste the blandness of every aspect of the game.
>>
you can't have any bad games if all of them are b- tier
>>
>>383422830
It's like a Wario Land game. The challenge comes from collecting all the things. Just because you can't die doesn't make the game bad.
>>
>>383423852
>The challenge comes from collecting all the things.
Even that is an easy thing to accomplish in the Kirby series.
>>
>>383422590
Are you nuts ? It's easily the best ! Powerups mix, crazy good soundtrack, long enough, a bit of collecting...
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>383423112
>>
>>383425414
nah fuck you and your labyrinth games, kirby should be an obstacle course not a maze
>>
>>383422957
Shut up edobean
>>
>>383421546
Epic Yarn is a bad game. The only difficulty comes from collecting EVERY SINGLE GEM, which is just tedious, rather than difficult. If you've actually played it you would know, but most people are content with saying Epic Yarn is fine and Kirby has no bad games just to keep this meme up.

Not to mention that Rainbow Curse is an objectively bad game, in that it's a direct downgrade from Canvas Curse in every way but music and visuals. Even then, Canvas Curse had amazing music and visuals, just that it was held back due to being a DS launch title.
>Mechanic is just lifted directly from Canvas Curse without any ounce of innovation or creativity
>Can't use copy abilities, only like 5 "transformations" which more or less just make the level an autoscroller
>Secrets are just basic """puzzles""" separate from the actual game, and/or hidden in arbitrary fake walls that have no sort of tell to them, meaning you just have to bump into every single wall in the game if you want to collect everything
>Far, far easier to the point of tedium, making every level just "bump into every wall as you slowly roll to the exit"
>Can't play as multiple characters (Canvas Curse had Meta Knight, Dedede, Waddle Dee, and Waddle doo as unlockable characters, each with different speeds, HP levels, hitboxes, and abilities)
Literally the only reason anyone says this game isn't just rehashed shit is because of the artstyle.
Claycia is cute, but she still loses points for just being a clone of Drawcia with no actual explanation to their similarity beyond a minor, brief mention that explains nothing.
>>
File: 1457062030443.png (387KB, 1280x965px) Image search: [Google]
1457062030443.png
387KB, 1280x965px
>>383422590
No you are trash.
>>
>kirby
>donkey kong
>castlevania
>metroid
>wario

what others series have almost all entirely games?
>>
>>383429565
Rhythm Heaven
>>
File: 1481438967980.png (146KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481438967980.png
146KB, 500x425px
>>383421546

I love Kirby, but it clearly had some bad games. It still has a lot better quality than most series though.

The only series I can think of with no bad games is Dragon Quest. And even then, others will challenge my view.
>>
>pokebarneyfag making yet another anti-kirby thread and samefagging in it yet again
>>
Tell me Kitbyfags, do you waste you're savings on kirby-shit?
>>
>>383422830
the original game didn't even have powers though
>>
>>383422830

Are you seriously claiming Kirby never strayed from its core concept? Do you realize half of them don't even have powers? And there's more wacky spin offs than Mario.
>>
>>383429565
>what others series have almost all entirely games?
Most series that aren't on Sony, because half of those are movies
>>
File: kirby and zero.png (290KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
kirby and zero.png
290KB, 750x800px
Boring falseflag thread with a retarded bait image again from the same guy who's been doing it for the last little while.

Even among Kirby fans that agree with it, it's generally just a "the worst are mediocre" thing.
And plenty of them dislike a lot of the games or outright hate them.
Why did this even hit 30 replies?
>>
File: b691199.jpg (70KB, 960x839px) Image search: [Google]
b691199.jpg
70KB, 960x839px
>>383429565
>Tfw Lords of Shadows is the best selling Castlevania
>>
File: KPL_Boxart.jpg (139KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
KPL_Boxart.jpg
139KB, 640x640px
whoops
>>
>>383432759

Best Kirby game in concept. But wasn't executed well. Needs a remake bad.
>>
>>383433030
pinball land is easily the worst kirby, the worst pinball game on gameboy and one of the sparsest pinball video games ever made. I cannot think of a single pinball game that is worse than kirby's pinball land. Mario pinball land is better than this trash

if they actually did flesh it out further than just "pinball with a kirby theme" then maybe we would have something worth talking about but I will always see this as the one blemish on a great series
>>
>>383433306

>pinball land is easily the worst kirby
I'd say something like Dreamland 3 myself.

>if they actually did flesh it out further than just "pinball with a kirby theme" then maybe we would have something worth talking about but I will always see this as the one blemish on a great series
That's why I was saying, it wasn't executed well. Granted the game was the second Kirby game ever made. It was made even before Kirby had the ability to use powers. This is why it should be remade. There's a million things now that could be used to make a Kirby based pinball game do things previous pinball games never attempted. I mean, Kirby's Canvas Curse already proved that putting Kirby in ball form can be great. They just need to do for pinball was Canvas Curse did for platformers.
>>
>>383432759
I would argue that Star Stacker is worse
>>
File: 1499538990732.jpg (9KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499538990732.jpg
9KB, 150x250px
>>383421546
>No Air Ride

Shit chart lad
>>
>>383421546
None of them are bad but they arent great either. Overall a very bland franchise.
>>
I don't get this meme
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.