[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg (25KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg
25KB, 250x319px
Is it good?
>>
>>383420706
It's the only Crash game I had as a kid. I liked it.
>>
For the standards that were, set, no. Crash Bandicoot quickly ended up with the same quality as the average PS2 platformer, which is fucking sad. Vivendi Univesal should be ashamed at how they handled an icon like that.
>>
Graphics and music are actually quite good. However all the charm from the ps1 games was lost.
>Crash 3 bosses are regular enemies wtf
>>
It's been years since I played it, but from what I remember, it's a solid yes. The only negatives I remember from it are the boss fights, some stage involving flying a plane, and those fucking loading times.
>>
>>383420706
Too much of a rehash of 3 too be something worth praising but way too well designed and polished to be thrown away,

It's meh, but fun to play.
>>
>>383420706
If you're thirsting for more crash and replaying the first 3 isn't doing it for you it's ok.
>>
Load times are fucking horrible for some reason, and some of the bosses are frustratingly broken.

I recall being stuck on the stupid fucking water mask boss fight for days because the jumping was so jank.
>>
loved it as a kid, lost my copy so i cant go back and see how it doesnt hold up
it's an abstract kind of feel
>>
I remember enjoying it fine when it first came out
>>
Last level is really good, if the whole game was like that it would be the best Crash game

Otherwise it's all around shit
>>
when you spend more time on the loading screen than the actual game, it can fuck off.
>>
>>383420706
If youre coming from playing the original trilogy the controls are nowhere near as snappy and precise. Its an alright game tho.
>>
>>383420706

If you want more Crash it does the trick. I enjoyed 100%ing it and the music is great. Avoid the PS2 version at all costs. Gamecube via Dolphin or playing the Xbox version is best.
>>
>>383420823
same
>>
>>383422703

Or play the PS2 platinum version, or any PS2 version on the PS3.
>>
File: 1472471919521.jpg (45KB, 910x752px) Image search: [Google]
1472471919521.jpg
45KB, 910x752px
>>383422669
>crash 1 controls
>snappy and precise
>>
>>383422405
Emulate
>>
>>383420706
Imma settle this already:
As the game itself, let's say it tries too hard to be Crash 3 and so rehashes a lot of shit from it. You access levels through a warp room, there's a fuck ton of vehicle segments here and there, there's relics again, all that shit you remember from Crash 3 is present here.

As for the level themselves, for the most part, they are fun. The platforming parts are good old Crash. The controls are pretty good in my opinion and it just feels comfortable to move the little bastard. Now let me address, the fucking music is fantastic, even though some tracks are forgettable. But songs like the ones present in Artic Antics and Wizards & Lizards are fucking great and should be remembered.

The boss battles on the other hand are a piece of shit due to all of them being a fight with the new self-inserted OC Crunch -which literally is Crash on steroids- with the help of the elemental masks. Boring as shit, repetitive as fuck and make you waste precious time of your life. Moving on.

The graphics are OK for the time this game came out, but some models like Crash himself just seem either too weird or out of place, which sometimes leads to make some characters actually look like shit. Examples of this are Cortex and basically all of the returning Crash 3 bosses, who now are an obstacle instead of being properly used as such: bosses.

Now, for the final thing, the GOD FUCKING DAMN loading times. This game is infamous for having loading times that are almost 1 fucking minute long to play a 2 minute level. At least they learnt and made them better in Twinsanity. -Side note: the loading times are shorter in the greatest hits release for the PS2-.

So, is this game worth playing it? In my opinion, yes. It's not the best thing ever made, but it can be something enjoyable to play when you are bored. Also forgot to add that all the Crash 3 powerups are back and you even have a new one which you can use to walk over nitro's. 7/10
>>
It alright
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
It's the same game as crash 3 but all the good parts made not nearly as good and all the bad parts made even worse.
It's also very ugly and like half the platforming levels in the game are needlessly wide and spacious, making avoiding hazards a joke.
>>
>>383420706
It's crash 3 but worse, disguisting load times, doesn't feel as good to play, looks kinda shit. If you're desperate for more crash try it out, but I remember even as a kid it just didn't feel as good. It's not awful or unplayable, but compared to the first 3 it kinda sucks
>>
OP here. Seems that there's a shitload of mixed opinions. So I'm gonna give it a shot myself, most probably on an emulator to see how it feels.
>Gonna buy beer for every load time
>>
File: just.jpg (34KB, 299x413px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
34KB, 299x413px
You mean Crash 4?
>>
>>383424078
You'll be drunk before even reaching the 3rd warp room.
>>
>>383420706
Yes. It's great.
>>
>>383424170
I'm damn sure about that
>>
>>383424078

Gamecube version on Dolphin with a PS3/4 controller is the way to go. Load times don't suck on GCN/Xbox and if your rig can handle it you can override the CPU in Dolphin for better fps.

I know this because I did this exact thing a few weeks ago.
>>
>>383424395
Gamecube has the worst graphics, no amount of upscaling can make up for the lack of effects and good lighting
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
I liked these levels. Anyone else enjoy them?
>>
>>383424734
I did. Good shit.
>>
you can really tell the age of this board by the number of yes answers lmao

game was shit. crash died when naughty dog moved on
>>
>>383421446
>some stage involving flying a plane
I don't remember as much, but I think I had a bad time with that plane stage.
>>
>>383424701

Performance-wise it's the best version if we're counting Dolphin. Between emulating this or the PS2 version this is the best option (PS2 has slightly better geometry/effects/lighting but it runs worse than GCN). Xbox is definitely the best version of the game but I'm imagining that isn't an option for him.
>>
>>383424734
I enjoyed it too.
>>
I reckon Crunch should've been a gauntlet last boss with all the elementals giving him powers and the previous bosses are previous bad guys powered by the masks to give a taste on what they can do.

>Tiny with Ro-Ko
>N.Tropy with Wa-Wa
>Dingodile with Py-ro
>Maybe N.Gin with Lo-Lo
>>
>>383424734
they were pretty atmospheric, I loved them
>>
>>383424734
I remember really enjoying them.
>>
>>383420706
The music is fantastic
Barely any platforming levels compared to the buffet of gimmick levels they give you
>>
Forgot to add, you get to play as Coco for the first fucking time in a platforming level, years before N. Sane Trilogy did it, and she had her own sections too.
>>
>>383423494
WHADYA MEAN "IT ALRIGHT"
>>
>>383425847
it alright, it not subtle or nuanced
>>
>>383422703
What about the XBOX version?
>>
>>383425764
Too bad she sucked ass. She was worse than Crash on every way and couldn't even use all the special powerups
>>
loved the stages but fuck me, the bosses were awful.
>>
>>383425138
>Tiny jumps in a rock form causing quakes that breaks the stage occasionally and can only be attacked if his rock armour is gone
>N.Tropy speeds up or slows down a flow of a river while occasionally shocking it
>Dingodile goes full pyromaniac and set entire parts of the stage permanently on fire unless you get through a phase of the fight.

Might be good.
>>
File: fucking planes.png (153KB, 352x366px) Image search: [Google]
fucking planes.png
153KB, 352x366px
>>383420706
I associate this game with Enter the Dragonfly. Interpret that how you will.
>>
>>383425981

Xbox version has the best lighting and shaders of the three versions, the PS2 version's world geometry (it was simplified slightly for the Gamecube release because it ran like dick on PS2), fur-shading on Crash, and the shortest load times (about a couple seconds per level). Performance is generally on par or slightly better than Gamecube.

Also, all three versions sport unique load screen animations and the Xbox version has the best one.
>>
>>383426214
So, passed to a totally different company with no relation to the original creators whatsoever, rehashing a lot of things from the best game on its respective trilogy, and so making a game that seems a lot like the old one but slightly worse, which deserves a 6/10 score at minimum?
>>
>>383425981
It's the best version, but since emulation is not an option for this port, it isn't exactly accessible
>>
>>383426564
Enter the Dragonfly is worse than that.
>>
>>383426564
No, I meant that it's shit.
Sorry, I should have been clearer.
>>
>>383426825
Aren't you confusing it with the Sierra games?
>>
File: 65786786.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
65786786.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>383420706
I don't remember much about it, but I remember hating the shitty submarine level
>>
>>383427471
Everyone does, anon. Everyone does.
>>
>never get to use the mecha/power armor much in levels
Fuck that
First real crash game for me. It was alright. I played 2 years later, shit blew it out. Nothing more I can say without repeating others.
>>383422171
>water mask boss fight for days
I feel ya.
I really do.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
The tsunami levels with coco on her scooter were fun
>>
>>383428526
You had to play a whole platforming section before though.
>>
>>383423138
As someone who's emulating it using the shitty 360 D-Pad, the controllers really aren't that bad
>>
>loading times complains
you know it was fixed on all releases besides of the very first first US ps2 release? The release/green label/platinum/etc versions and pal versions had much faster loading times on ps2, as well the gamecube and xbox versions too.
>>
>>383420706
Its a solid crash bandicoot game, miles ahead of the trash that came afterwards.

I remember the levels with the rolling ball were really fun.

The load times were absolutely horrendous though.
>>
Playing through it again recently while hyped for the n.sane trilogy, I really feel like the dev team put a lot of heart into it but simply ran out of time on things like the boss fights and optimization.
>>
It's alright, bosses are terrible though.
>>
>>383429659
The "very first" PS2 version happened the one 99% of people played, being released when Crash was still popular and hyped. By the time the others were out, no one gave a shit anymore, in the wake of two mediocre releases in a row (Crash Bash and WoC)
>>
>>383431423
Basically this.
>>
>>383420706
The game is great
>>
>>383425981
It plays on 360. MAtter of fact, its actually on the 360s store for $10 to buy. Just go to the C section and youll find it
>>
I'll let you know if it ever loads
>>
>>383420706
No it's a mediocre sloppy wannabe crash 3 with those okay at best ball levels and terrible bosses, it also has several other problems not including the ps2 load times but I don't feel like listing them
>>
It felt more complete than fucking Twinsanity
>>
>balloon_cortex.jpg
>>
was the gamecube version good? that was the one i played. dont remember any lags
>>
>>383424734
I always felt like that ball was a testing model that never got an art pass.
>>
File: 1486173182706.gif (413KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1486173182706.gif
413KB, 624x352px
>>383420706
It's basically a worse version of Warped, so just play Warped

I remember playing the original trilogy and having a blast all the way to the end. Got to WoC around the time it came out and pretty much felt nothing when I beat it
>>
>>383420823
my nigga
>>
>>383422171
I never beat that boss fight
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.