[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games should punish better players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 54678589664.png (15KB, 745x253px) Image search: [Google]
54678589664.png
15KB, 745x253px
Games should punish better players
>>
File: 1369899-bowser__mario_kart_wii_.jpg (358KB, 1280x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1369899-bowser__mario_kart_wii_.jpg
358KB, 1280x1374px
I agree.
Down in front, tryhard.
>>
File: 889565.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
889565.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>383420261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43cq3DalZw
>>
>>383420118
Every game does have this though.

Overwatch matcher for instance will very often put you against very skilled players to force a lose, or even put you in a shitter team to the same end.

Unless you are top 10% material almost everyone has a 40-60% win rate.

Almost every pvp game developer puts a lot of effort to make sure you lose a % of the time.
>>
File: 675098790.png (146KB, 380x225px) Image search: [Google]
675098790.png
146KB, 380x225px
>>383420850
Only in games with "matchmaking", its a pretty shallow way to enjoy yourself. Playing Team Fortress 2 matchmaking for example, every match is a roll for either side which isn't fun
>>
>>383420118
I know this is bait but I always wondered about this.

CTR is the only game I have ever genuinely been good at but ultimately no-one would play with me because I would always get first.
Now that sounds like me bitching and moaning but then what's the point of being that much better than everyone else if no-one else wants to play?

It's not like you can just fake losing if they already know the power gap.
>>
>>383420850
Yes, the Elo system matches you with similarly skilled people, so a 50% winrate is ideal once your skill rank normalizes.
>>
>>383421739
Even when you are in a league way below your skill you are only going to win about 70-75% at best.
>>
>>383421571
I agree it is bait but there is truth in it. You have probably already deduced that most people who play games do it for cheap satisfaction
>>
>>383421571
Handicaps fix this problem much better, the only downside is if the person you're playing against takes it as an affront to their pride.
>>
>>383420118
back then players would find ways to reload faster or move faster, some players would learn to cancel animations on their own favor
now you get shit like overwatch to pander casuals (blizzard tries to avoid animation cancel to reload faster, no ways to move faster, i wonder when they are going to patch genji's ult) or whatever happened to my favorite arpg pso2 where they tried to patch up any sort of "exploit" that helped you move or kill faster because "CASUAL PLAYERS ALSO NEED AN OPPORTUNITY IN THE RANKINGS"
>>
>>383420118
I don't think this person speaks for any type of majority
ranking keeps players like OPs pic playing with eachother, which is something a lot of games have
being good at UT takes a lot of practice
>>
>2017
>people still haven't realized the matchmaking design isn't the biggest cancer around
>>
>>383425383
explain why
>>
How about she plays a coin flipping game?
>>
>>383425484
Because you can't jump between servers over and over to find people you can obliterate and feel better about yourself
>>
>>383425509
you can actually become skilled at that, I knew a guy who could always predict his flips because he somehow learned to secure his throws
RNG is just pure random bullshit that rewards people and fucks them over for absolutely no reason
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.