[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Mario 64 Romhacks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Glide64_Skelenio_02.png (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_Skelenio_02.png
167KB, 1024x768px
Opinions on Mario 64 Romhacks?
>>
Mostly poorly made, with a focus on pushing what the base game is capable of, rather than good level design.
>>
File: l4roG60.jpg (92KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
l4roG60.jpg
92KB, 800x640px
truly amazing
>>
What ROM hack is that? That's neat that they replaced Mario's head.
>>
>>383419404
Super Mario 65 Rainbow Stars
>>
Star Road is still my favourite. And The Missing Stars is still good compared to a lot of new ones. The Star Revenge ones seem to be unexpectedly good too, but I haven't played them much.

>>383419353
That was a major problem with Last Impact. Sure, Kaze got better at level design, but he's still bad. That's why he should collaborate with other people more: he should focus on ASM hacking, while other people design the levels.
>>
>>383419385
>those tiles
>>
>>383419385
>The M on his hat isnt changed

D r o p p e d
>>
>>383419385
>All the n64 texture packs are shit tier
>those awful smash bros texture packs like the brawl one
>>
>>383420601
I like how kaze quit romhacking because of all the criticism towards last impact but now he's back at it with meme mods
>>
>>383419246
Lots of heart from the ones I've seen, but the camera is almost always a piece of shit.
>>
>>383419385
>over 10 years and the n64 emulator still sucks
>over 1000 emulators in existance for almost all platforms and none have model replacement
>>
>>383421593
And meme hacks are incredibly popular. At least the multiple character one seems nice, and the Odyssey one has potential. But the other garbage, which I think is also more popular, is just bad.
>>
>>383421593

>I like how kaze quit romhacking because of all the criticism towards last impact

Not true. He left momentarily because he felt like he did everything he could do with the game at that point. He even patched the game and updated the camera controls post-release. Last Impact isn't perfect but it's definitely amazing.
>>
>>383423282
He said he wasn't going to be focusing on Mario 64 hacking anymore, and that he was going to make one last project and then only release some small mods once in a time. He's been releasing small mods very frequently.
>>
>>383419385
am i crazy or does this look like complete and utter shit.
>>
>>383419246
Loved Star Road and most of Brodute's hacks(star revenge redone 2.0 being the best place to start.)

Most are pretty shitty though.
>>
I liked Super DK64
>>
File: 1499241043604.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1499241043604.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>383419385
>try to make the castle look realistic
>make it look like a rundown chuck e. cheeses
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.