[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to do my first playthrough what am i in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: DarkSouls2_22-1024x576.jpg (128KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls2_22-1024x576.jpg
128KB, 1024x576px
about to do my first playthrough

what am i in for?
>>
>>383416348
Dark Souls, but not AS good.
>>
>>383416348
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>383416348
Garbage hitboxes. Lots of garbage hitboxes.
>>
the crash bandicoot of action role playing games
>>
Upvoted
>>
File: pursuer.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pursuer.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>383416348
Is it your first souls game anon?
>>
One really good advice : Upgrade adaptability at least to 20 (25 is still good I think but no more), it increases the i-frames of your rolls and will allow you to roll through a lots of attacks
>>
A very, very, very long playthrough if you intend to go through all the DLC.
Some bullshit gang attacks by regular enemies
Almost exclusively humanoïd bosses
>>
File: 1295041263724.png (25KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
1295041263724.png
25KB, 494x400px
>in Heide's Flame Tower, get the chest where the white knight is leaning against, right b4 the boss. The ring reduces your shortening life bar after every death

>Parry is almost always impossible, except for The Pursuier boss fight on the bridge, there it makes the fight WAAAAAY MORE easier and satisfying

>Set the windmill on fire with your torch

>If you want the last boss that was added for the Scholar edition, you HAVE TO kill the king before

Im sure most things dont make sense for you now, but maybe youll remember, they're pretty much essentiell

Otherwise, have fun, its a much better game than people give credit for
>>
Spend on upgrading adaptability. It govers your agility stat, and you will need that stat upgraded if you want to be able to dodge properly.

Which brings me to my next point: there is nothing that Dark Souls 2 can't needlessly overcomplicate. Remember that.
>>
>>383416520
>>383416520
>>383416520
>>
Go to the emuparadise forums and download the collector's edition guide. It's the best way to play the game.
>>
>>383416348
-inaccurate hit boxes
-terrible animation
-ambushed alot
-ugly graphics; looks worse than ds1.

my issues ^
i got bored and put it down around the half-way mark.
>>
>>383418968
finish it casul
>>
>>383419501
dude i cant even finish ds3. im pretty sure im like right at the end, as well. ds3 done nothing new, and has bloodbornes aesthetic hc. demon souls, dark souls and bloodborne i enjoy thoroughly. the other are too fucking boring.
>>
The Superman 64 of Dark Souls
>>
>>383416348
disappointment if you've played 1, bloodborne, demon souls or 3
>>
Use the mace
>>
>>383416348
It kind of goes back to Demon Souls where enemies have different armor classes so their weak against slash/pierce/bash depending. Most enemies are weakest to bash so something like fists or a hammer can carry you pretty hard.

Another thing is that enemies come in groups and a lot of people try to deal with it by using the lock-on since every other Souls game is 1v1 experiences. But if you unlock the camera you get a lot more mobility and you can damage a lot of enemies at once.

The magic/faith in this game is better than it's ever been or ever will be again so consider putting some points into that.
>>
File: 1459747514555.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1459747514555.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>383416348
A very flawed, but very good game. Just remember to unlock the camera once in a while. The fights are much easier without constant lock on. Some hitboxes are broken, but that's to except from the franchise. Also most of the bosses from the base game aren't that great.
I hope you have all the DLC's though. It's some of the best content in the franchise.

Enjoy yourself.
>>
File: 1463007923656.gif (37KB, 490x390px) Image search: [Google]
1463007923656.gif
37KB, 490x390px
>>383420162
>40 strength
>50 Faith
>Large Club +10
>Sunlight Blade activated
>Go up to small humanoid enemy in Eleum Loyce
>Use heavy attack slam down which is probably the #1 most poise wrecking attack in the game

>They still have 70% of their HP
>Doesn't even flinch
>get hit like 3 times and down to 25% hp
>Back off and I throw the strongest miracle in the game with the strongest chime in the game
>Their HP goes from 70% to 42%

Nice game, B-team.
>>
>>383416348
A broken shit game
>>
>>383420685
That sounds really gay. I don't think the main game is too bad but what I've seen of the DLC makes me think that they made it overly difficult to really stretch it out.
>>
>>383420685
God damn don't remind me.
>>
>>383416503
This and evading has virtually no I-frames compared of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 3, and Bloodborne.
>>
>>383420685
Which enemy was this?
>>
>>383420685
My first character was a STR/FTH build and I never had these problems. Sometimes I think you talk out of your ass to mindlessly hate on the game.
>>
>>383420685
sounds like das3, at least the second part
>>
>>383416348
Disappointment
>>
File: 1449979900842.jpg (9KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449979900842.jpg
9KB, 342x342px
>>383420685
Not the case anymore. Those shield and spear fuckers with crystals on their back, however
>>
I have like 100-200 hours into this game here are some tips
>Faith was nerfed to hell and back, don't use it
>sorc is not bad but boring, good for a second playthrough
>Dex is cool but you don't really get the neat stuff until the end have fun using a curved sword 3-4s of the game
>STR does crazy damage but you're obviously slow and locked into animations that can fuck you for the most part
>hex's, don't get the good damage until the end
>pyromancy, shit damage but the most versatile magic
You will get jumped by 4+ more guys at one time a lot so get used to it and kill the ogre at the starting area for a really good ring.
>>
>>383422008
Curved swords are dope, though. I'm at the end of the NG cycle and still use them.
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>383422008
>Faith was nerfed to hell and back, don't use it
Shooting lightning spears is a shit idea in pvp, but there's plenty of miracles that are viable and mostly weapons and weapon infusions (heide spear). It can still be made the most broken shit in the game

>sorc is not bad but boring, good for a second playthrough
Try at least one blue flame, two for top tier. Most fun build in my char roster

>pyromancy, shit damage but the most versatile magic
30/30 FTH/INT with the right pyro boosters will prove otherwise, just gotta use it tactically instead of spamming fireballs like a drooling retard
>>
>>383422398
I wish they improved the power stancing in DaS3. Weapon arts are not a step backwards, but also not forward. It's meh.
>>
Reminder that we're never going to habe the original power of faith when DaS2 first came out ever again.
>>
>>383422597
Faith has heal that's pretty much it, all iterations of lightning spear in this game are useless, they nerfed spear so hard it carried over to DS3,, sorc is boring like i said but that's subjective. Pyromancy comparatively does less than sorcs or hex's.
>>
>>383423006
Heide spear is broken. Defender's greatsword is broken. Even dragonslayer spear and thorn greatsword are fucking op in the right hands. Lightning spears are shit because they have a very slow wind up and are piss easy to dodge, but try to backstab someone and cast a heavenly thunder as a wakeup
>>
>>383422290
yeah but that's pretty much all you have for dex besides katanas. The sweet stuff like twin blade, whips, scythes and giant curved swords you don't really get to use until near the end of the game when you have invested enough points and upgrades into enough things to make them viable.
>>
Get agility to 103 before anything else.
>>
>>383423368
>103
Why? Cap points are 96, 105 and 111
>>
>>383423285
In pve sure you can make literally anything work, but it seems like you're talking from a PvP point of view which is moot considering the game is dead, and even deader than dead on Ps4. The only time you're gonna pvp is in the arena where some poop socking level 800 min maxer is just gonna roll you with a meme build.
>>
>>383424110
Been pvping just fine myself for the longest while. Plenty of people in the iron keep bridge, and you can invade pretty much anywhere on the 2-5 million SM range. Dunno what the fuck you're on about
>>
>>383421420
At least, it doesn't until you dump the appropriate amount of points into ATN and ADP.
>>
Reminder that the Mace the cleric starts with is the BEST weapon in the game for a pure STR build.
>>
Get a big fuck off weapon and pound bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf6nad61igs
>>
>>383424773
Fuck off the great sword is the best STR weapon with that sweet S scaling. You can three shot bosses fairly early in the game too.
>>
>wow this weapons really cool
>twinkling titanite
I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
>>
>>383416348
Get your Adaptability to 20 as soon as possible.
In the Forest of Fallen Giants after killing the Last Giant, find the optional Pursuer boss fight and beat him to get the suit of armor that lies beyond him, including the game's first 100% physical resistance shield. Go to the Forest before any other area first btw, it's not necessarily easier but it has a lot of useful equipment and pickups that you'll want as soon as possible.
The character Merchant Hag Melentia who you'll meet in the forest will move back to Majula after beating the boss. She'll sell you healing items called Lifegems, buy and utilize a shitload of them.
If you didn't already play the first Dark Souls forget all this and go play that instead.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.