[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? What did it even do right? Also, feel free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_3570.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3570.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
What went so wrong?

What did it even do right?

Also, feel free to post other games with lot's of potential.
>>
>>383402813
Define "even" plz.
>>
>>383402813
Caving into whiners and nerfing the shit out of vehicles instead of telling them to pull their own or use heavy assault for killing things other than infantry
>>
>>383403058
Even being used as emphasis of the word do. Implying that OP(me) thinks that there is a chance that the devs did something right
>>
File: eternalkek.png (3MB, 1639x1769px) Image search: [Google]
eternalkek.png
3MB, 1639x1769px
>>383402813
>>383402813
>feel free to post other games with lot's of potential.

In retrospect, trying to copy a failure could only end badly.
>>
only played maybe like 5 hours. i like how all the weapons do different damage at different ranges. dune buggy driving was great with little brake light details and good controls. the levels were too big for the playerbase maybe? feels very lonely just walking around only running into one person every 15 minutes
>>
>>383402813
It was a poorly marketed f2p game that didn't run on lower end specs. Missed out on the poor fag audience. I would have played it if I could run it.
>>
>>383403414
I think the main issue is that Planetside seeked to make a profit over making it fun. I mean the gunplay is fun, but they appealed to the shittiest community ever, which is the f2p community. Now you look at their leddit(vg genesl is dead) and COD fags infest the site. Hell they introduced construction which was promising, but it's been shit on ever since. Half their complaints are valid about performance, but the other side of them is just a shitshow that you might as well play Battlefield.

Planetside shouldve been like Red Orchesta series.
>>
Shouldnt have enforced the lattice system. Doing small skirmishes with smaller squads was more fun than the meatgrinders. Shitty resource system, shitty cert p2slaughtr. Shitty performance
>>
>>383403704
press u to redeploy. join an outfit. I'd invite you to mine, but there's no /vg/ general anymore
>>
>>383404004
I used to give a shit about construction bases but after a while I stopped caring about them. I could pass a 100% hive and not care because desu whats the point? Enemy faction locks the continent, stops the fun fight everyone was having, players log off because that's what they do after locks and the winning faction gets what? 20 certs and bragging rights?
>>
Wrel happened
>>
>>383404565
But he did nothing wrong
>>
>>383402813
>What went so wrong?

T-Ray
>>
>>383404442
I think construction should be around bases desu. Will allow sundies to proliferate and make a fight bigger. There should be no bullshit ai turrets though.

Hives were a terrible idea though. I can agree with that. I find busting open bases fun with enough people.
>>
>>383405152
Nah ai turrets should stay but only for AA and AV turrets. Ai Xiphos turrets however are cancerous. You can't hope to somehow sneak pass enemy players into a base and try to stir shit because the turrets will try to mow you down the moment the see you,
>>
>>383405542
they need that click that the engy turrets have like tf2 or whatever. right now they might as well be an aimbot.
I dont think that we should get rid of ai turrets at all. I just dont think they should be near the lattice bases if they implement construction. Bases are already challenging enough to take on their own. Although adding construction would help.
>>
>DUDE YOU CAN FIGHT IN MASSIVE BATTLES
>Nothing you do matters unless you got afez dozen teammates coordinating with you, which never ever happens because the battles are just massive clusterfucks
>Can't even put a dent on a tank with rocket launcher because it's sitting on a hill 3000 meters away being backed up by other tanks and shamelessly deployed sunderers in plain sight because they have a billion engineers fixing them and nobody but me tries to do anything to stop them or get them to leave
Nothing you do in it is fun or accomplishing in the least.
>>
>>383405784
When I said "ai" I meant it like AI not anti infantry. Xiphos are fine when player controlled but the AI controlled ones are balls. Also yes I think they need to add vehicle weapons or something to help emp player bases. Having to build ANOTHER player base next to the enemy base just to take it down is stupid especially on maps where cortium is rare like esamir
>>
>>383405873
vehicles have damage multipliers. literally aim better.

>fight in massive battles
>everything takes teamwork
>somehow expects to take a tank down by himself
You barely have enough rockets with the highest damage rocket launcher(decimator) to kill a tank. Do you really think you can do it alone? You need at least one other person.
>>
>>383406295
>>383405873
actually I take that back. Just get a tank or buy the Anti vehicle grenade.
>>
I have it on ps4 and I have fun
>>
File: AY.png (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AY.png
154KB, 500x500px
>No cert refund
>One man libs
>Infiltrators are still shit/can't even hack player bases
>Rocket rifle for no reason
>Lockdown
>NS weapons
>Muh Indar
>No Crown clusterfuck
>>
>>383406295
soloing a tank is piss easy m8 just use either c4 jihad jeeps or valkryie c4 fairy combo. They're only an issue when in mass in which you case you need to respond with mass av
>>
File: 1495217733081.jpg (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495217733081.jpg
14KB, 640x480px
>>383404341
>no /vg/ general anymore
Holy fuck you're right. When did this happen? How's the playerbase? I might reinstall if the game is dying out. Not sure if I'm going enjoy like I use too.
>>
>>383406715
Player base is fine. Weekday morning and afternoons are fucking dead though, everyone plays during prime time and late night
>>
>>383406715
It's dying at a slow rate. But it might last 2-3 years. PS4 is relatively strong and there might be an XBOX 1 version soon. PC is the strongest and is the most consistently updated.

Hit reg is hit or miss and performance is based on your specs. In all honesty, planetside 2 should have been released now, when middle end specs are decently priced.

also /vg/ general died at beginning of summer. probably backlist and stuff.
>>
Player investment. Apparently the first PS had resource trucks you had to drive to bases to power them, and main battle tanks that took multiple people to operate. PS2 is basically redeploying, deathmatch and padding your K:D

The most retarded F2P model ever. They would earn so much money if they just stopped fucking with game balance and only sold cosmetics and keys for cosmetic loot crates.
There are a million cosmetics, and the only people currently buying them are subscribed members with a monthly ingame currency allowance to throw around. I have bought a single 5$ hat in multiple years and hundreds of hours of playtime - I have no incentive to spend more on this game..
But hey, let's just make 100 new japanese NS weapons and sell them for 7$ each. Let's make people pour 200$ into implant packs so they can have their Battle Hardened implant back. You pay a high amount for the slim chance to even get the option to run BH like you did before.
You can't make this shit up.

By some freak design accident, performance that have gotten worse during the last 5 years, while graphical fidelity has gotten worse as well. And this is including the advances in PC performance for the last 5 years. This just hurts thinking about.

I still like the game. Once in a while you get some epic battles, and I love the futuristic weapons and classes. But DB are really not making it easy for me
>>
>>383407652
im a fan of construction but to deny performance dents is just insanity. I dunno if it made it worse, but I'm willing to take one for the team and get rid of it if necessary.
>>
>>383403414
Pre-nerf HE was fucking retarded. If you went within 10m of a doorway or window you'd die instantly.
>>
Have a limit on how many times you can respawn to same base or sunder in some timelimit. That should fix most of the game
>>
>>383402813
It was an experimental game really, and it was a good experiment. Too perfomance demanding when it came out, limited tactical/strategical possibility outside Server Smash/planned stuff. Too much f2p 'we want the COD audience' design. Needs a sequel to iron out the problems and deliver on it's potential.
>>
>>383406626
>Infiltrators are still shit
Infiltrators are unironically the best combat class.
>>
>>383402813
You switch to medic, stand behind a corner and keep reviving fools like a robot in a boring stalemate where people throw themselves at each other to farm certs with neither side really wanting to gain advantage and you keep telling yourself 'this isn't the real game. I'm just doing this to get some certs fast and then I'll finally buy that whatever the fuck for 1k certs and never do this again'. You finally buy the gun you want and keep mindlessly grinding more certs to deck it out with attachments. Then you decide you liked your old gun better and decide to grind more certs to try out a different gun, which will surely be different. 'It's not the real game. I'm just doing this to skip the boring part as fast as possible'. One day you realize you've been doing the 'not the real game' thing for 500 hours, this is really all there is to it, just boring blobs grinding certs on each other with no tactics or strategy whatsoever, nothing you do matters, no outfits do any coordinated play, or at least no outfits that do it would ever let you join because you haven't started playing in closed alpha and you don't have 10:1 infantry vs infantry kdr, and you fucking uninstall this steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>383407652
>main battle tanks that took multiple people to operate.
People were pretty upset about this, but Smedley shut down all discussion on it because he was of the opinion that "It's more fun this way".
Even though he doesn't play fucking video games and he's just a corporate whore.
>>
I saw a great video that came out recently that shit all over it, but basically
>art style is fucked up
>game never ran well and cosmetics and other shithead decisions are making it run even worse
>also looks shittier than release and lost visual features including big shit like physX
>instant teleporting around the map removed the need for bus drivers and dropship pilots
>defending is way too easy due to teleporting so now the map barely moves and most fights on a popped continent are the same 6 regions
>they launched without lattice and every new feature they hype is something that was done in 1
>oh wait there are barely any new features, buy NS weapon fuck you
>>
Hate to link leddit, but i'll provide an archive link.

Listed below are the niggers just trying to make this game into a COD clone.

THESE are the people they cater to. In fact all the dev updates come from leddit forcing me to come there. I'm just glad higby is(was) still here, whenever /ps2g/ returns.

http://archive.is/4JTxe
>>
File: 1458596714626.gif (490KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1458596714626.gif
490KB, 500x270px
>>383409698
>whenever /ps2g/ returns.
>>
>>383402813
The only thing I liked about this game was playing as the jetpack guy and shooting people from weird places
>>
TFW you will never again be expert hacker infli in PS 1 that:
>Steals vehicles
>Hacks doors,terminals,turrets/spitfire,radars,spawnrooms
>Captures towers/facilities
>Uploads viruses
>All that with perma semi invisibility n the equipment you want
>>
>>383409698
That layout is fucking hideous. Why are you even posting reddit links? Why do you know what's going on there if you're not a fucking reddit fag that doesn't belong here?
>>
>>383409950
Also, I played on console and the most fun I had was in the tutorial area
I would make new characters every time it kicked me out into the real map
>>
>>383410085
because the devs only post there and not on their official forums. Funny isn't it?
>>
>>383409950
they buffed the light assault so your cof does not change when you fly. it's immensely even more fun now.
>>
File: Farming is fun.png (71KB, 922x767px) Image search: [Google]
Farming is fun.png
71KB, 922x767px
>>383409698
>>
File: Planetside_Invader.jpg (172KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Planetside_Invader.jpg
172KB, 500x375px
>>383408727
that's a shame, i fired up planetside aftershock a long time ago and putting those single person mechs in an MMO was the gayest shit i'd ever seen and immediately closed the game
>>
File: 45526.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45526.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
I still play it sometimeson PC and PS4 I actually like it, I love when its a raging clusterfuck where lots of people are fighting, it actually feels like a war, but all I see from people is that they want the game to be some kind of focused MLG arena shooter. What the fuck is that shit, the game is unique with what its doing and people actually want it to be just another small scale shooter, just play Battlefield or something for fuck sake, the clusterfuck is what makes this game actually stand apart.

Also Necropolis. Game was incredibly bare bones and feels like it needs alot more content but has been dropped.
>>
File: 1477341026121.jpg (98KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477341026121.jpg
98KB, 1080x1080px
The airgame would be a lot more fun if they increased the draw distance between aircraft. I'd like to be able to do strafing runs, but things on the ground don't render until you're right about to crash. You also can't damage things until they render, so even if you know something is at a specific point on the ground, you can't damage it until it renders.
>>
File: header.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
>>383402813
This fucking shit
>locked on the enemy homeworld's for 90% of the time which means new players can unlock several of the gear.
>MULTIPLAYER focused, absolutely impossible to do most missions on your own
>most of the coop matches have connection problems that range from not being able to connect in the first place to massive latency
Why the fuck did I ever listen to /v/ in the first place?
>>
>>383410853
>Fun
Theres that buzzword again
>>
File: IMG_0342.png (844KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.png
844KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: IMG_0343.png (933KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.png
933KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>383411190
wat

flight ceiling liberator was a thing for a while
>>
>>383402813
its not fucking fair bros
>>
File: Viking-1.jpg (32KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
Viking-1.jpg
32KB, 520x390px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpSXPqhK3M
>>
>>383410853
I played to auraxium a maximum of weapons.
>>
File: 1476329037449.jpg (56KB, 521x340px) Image search: [Google]
1476329037449.jpg
56KB, 521x340px
>>383411498
I prefer using ESFs with rocket pods, but I can't shoot anything until they render. Ground targets don't render unless you're extremely close to the ground(where you get shot down by tank cannons ore AT rockets).
If people complain about 'muh balance', just have the AA missiles go faster and do more damage with a longer lock on range.
>>
>>383411804
I used to be farming life, but now I just fuck around with my outfit. Disrupt fights and enjoy salt. I like the freedom in this game, but objective stuff is always so nerve-racking especially with a bunch of autists on your team I dunno know why people got tired of it.
>>
>>383412089
are you seriously trying to say lolpodding is difficult?
>>
File: 1485155728896.jpg (46KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
1485155728896.jpg
46KB, 600x436px
>>383412381
No. I'd just want to be able to attack from higher up to avoid tank cannons and AT rockets. It'd be harder that way too.
>>
>>383403613
I was so goddamn psyched for this. Disappointment of the century.
>>
>>383409868
make the thread faggot. i dont care if it's anime.
>>
>>383413000
>effectively extending the effective range of a weapon makes it harder to use

Ok, I'm like 90% sure you're just memeing me
>>
>>383403613
i wouldnt mind a planetside-40k version
>>
>>383413000
I think you can change render options in settings. Also, dont lolpods have massive spread?
>>
File: 1494597294180.png (23KB, 692x617px) Image search: [Google]
1494597294180.png
23KB, 692x617px
I miss you /ps2g/
It's just not the same without someone calling me a 0.5 ivi kdr shitter...
>>
half of the problem lies in the community which is mostly f2p and only care about their k/d and never bother to actually do anything other than play the powerhouse classes/vehicles
the other half is taking suggestions from the vocal minority and only from reddit
>>
File: 1458995190093.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458995190093.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>383413392
aim better
>>
>>383402813
it's one of the best game ideas I've ever seen
>>
>>383409994
i wonder how much backlash they would get if they decided to make ps2 infils like in ps1
>>
>>383402813
>What went so wrong?
F2P
>What did it even do right?
The concept was good and considering the number of players it performed great. If not for all the custom f2p bullshit cosmetics and 14 gorrillion gun models, it could have been turned into a well balanced, high performance game, but istead they focused on selling stupid bullshit helmets for 5 bucks a pop and stopped caring about development.
>>
File: scr00013 (2).jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scr00013 (2).jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>383402813
>feel free to post other games with lot's of potential.

Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Aurora4x, Space Engine
>>
The biggest waste of potential, hype, marketing and a huge initial playerbase in modern gaming has to be Tribes Ascend like 5-6 years ago. HiRez could not have squandered all that potential any harder if they fucking tried.

Plagued with pay2win/grind4years shit, broken gameplay and shoddy stock UE3 code and it still managed to be a critical and commercial success, then quickly dropped development for in favor of SMITE and the game died an agonizingly slow and horrible death while the .ini files of the game had undetectable built in UE3 dev commands for wallhacking and such that you could turn on and they couldn't even spare 1 intern to fix it with a 1mb patch for literally 3 years.

It's a good thing Midair is coming out soon (closed beta / steam early access is in August I believe). That game looks like an actual tribes game without all the gigantic issues HiRez made.
>>
>>383415917
Throughout the entire lifespan of the game, a2g esf has consistently one of the most braindead easy farming playstyles. If you're having problems with it then you are VERY bad at video games.
>>
>fightan for some indar base on alert night
>slowly but surely digging through the vanu scam as glorious TR
>a little under hour remains, we manage to take the base
>a few minutes after pulling ourselves together i see a lone purple galaxy
>heh they gonna try to take us down with this little shit?
>suddenly a few dozens more pop into my draw distance
>didmygraphicsbug.jpg
>nope
>after some heavy resistance they take the base and push us to continent base

Fucking Keepers of the void those fuckers won almost every alert when inplayed circa 3 years ago.

Post battlestories
>>
>>383416716
>Post battlestories

>log in
>russian/turk/chink warps through the ground and OHKs me with an uncerted trac5
>repeat for 5 years
>>
File: 1486181494865.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1486181494865.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>383416209
The only problem is that nothing renders in time, so I cannot damage anything. Meanwhile aircraft render from much further away for everyone else, so they get to shoot me before I can see anything.
>>
>>383403613
this actually came out?

wasn't it supposed to be free to play for orkz?
>>
Remember spending hours just fighting at the Crown? Those were the good days. The graphics were better back then too. Now you can barely do anything on the map before it's locked.
>>
>>383416953
Breh, stop memeing. I've already given you all these free (You)s but you're getting greedy.
>>
File: 1369415643059.jpg (487KB, 673x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1369415643059.jpg
487KB, 673x1000px
I had fun.
>>
>log in to see how it is today
>75% snipers with the no-sway no telescopic sight sniper
>the rest are heavies or maxes
snipers for infiltrators was a mistake
>>
File: inside the mind of a tr trooper.jpg (169KB, 1279x799px) Image search: [Google]
inside the mind of a tr trooper.jpg
169KB, 1279x799px
>>383417206
God I loved Crown clusterfucks.
>>
>>383416716
>hear about guy named gunnernacho
>loli pic on steam
>suspect nothing
>from some european country or whatever he's cool
>eventually anons stay up late with him and he spergs out by telling them he fucked an underage girl in his barren country
>"she was only 4 years younger"
>"how old were you when you fucked her"
>17
>every thread bullies him for months akin to dan "whats his name" schneider
>now plays mount and blade and is never seen again

Also
>build autism base
>finally found a place where we could build
>suddenly entire zerg is here fighting by our side in the base while the enemy is shelling us.
>very good farm and comfy yet constantly stressed because always have to rep
>best fight of my life

Another
>we created the entire Dark knight rises scene in planetside just because we saw bane cosmetic
I have a link that ill post in an hour
>>
>>383404171
I always see that pop up and that is such an utter bullshit.
The hex system was cancer, in my first outfit we had a group of LA+Mossies to flip back points all over the map. Ghostcapping was rampant.
And the Zergs just rolled across the map without being stopped.
Hate it all you want, Lattice was the only choice they had. Now if they would open up the links a bit more, we could have more fights than the Indar T
>>
File: Tribes_Vengeance_poster_9940.jpg (108KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tribes_Vengeance_poster_9940.jpg
108KB, 300x450px
>>383415964
>lots of hype with a huge and eager modding community
>publisher drops it immediately with broken net code and fucks over everyone
exact same shit
>>
>>383402813
The engine works surprisingly well. Same with the combat.

Everything else was terrible. From making the teams diverse and different (they didn't) to making objectives on the map near meaningless, to having very poorly designed and simplistic bases, to having few maps, to making it a subscription fucking based game, to fucking up the fucking cosmetics.

Does the hockey mask fucker still work there?
>>
>>383417374
Vanu laser parties were the best.
>>
>>383418047
no he quit. Cosmetics are only good for TR and NC though. I spent like 30 bucks on one set
>>
>>383418047
Music was half assed too besides the vanu. And that weird decision to turn fucking up the NC theme to be comboy rebel music
>>
>>383417923
Irrational even had the 1.1 patch ready to deploy - vivendi just cucked them and cut distribution. The dedicated server client for tribes vengeance is a beta version...
>>
>>383408186
Good news, tonks are all being buffed to the same level so everyone will be running HE again as it will give no tank vs. tank disadvantages over AP.
>>
File: 7af.jpg (100KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
7af.jpg
100KB, 500x474px
>>383402813
They ruined it the moment they ruined our fun of camping the crown.

I remember fucking convoys of god damn galaxies filled to the brim with fresh TR troops flying straight to the crown. We had dedicated Mosquito pilots covering the convoys from enemy Nicklebacks and Purple dildo flyers trying to cut off our reinforcements.

>Those sniper battles between 10-20 infiltrators on the archway
>Heavies and MAX troops spraying a never ending stream of bullets into advancing nightbrights and chad kroegers
>Medics running around trying to heal and rez literally everyone at the same time.
>Engineers and light assault doing sneak missions behind enemy lines to take out the 6-7 enemy heavy tanks shelling "The Crown" from across the ravine

It was fucking perfect and I loved every second of the never ending fucking war.
>>
>>383402813
Prioritizing profit over fun meant nobody wanted to stick around for long, so you had a bunch of perpetually BR 1-20 fuckers getting curbstomped by a limited number of paying players who were constantly looking for each other in isolated engagements.

That and just bad gameplay decisions like making HAs the "kill everything" class rather than specifically an anti-vehicle class. The infantry gunplay feels lame because everybody plays HA for the extra HP and shitter oneshot bazooka, whereas if they were trying to balance it as HA only having a blast damage resist and a vehicle damage emphasis you'd see more normal infantry composition. They did move towards that later with the nerfs but by then the mindset had stuck.

Also vehicles being autism chariots instead of relevant for objectives. People just flew/tanked to eat low-level infantry, not for any specific tactical purpose. The game needed more hard targets that vehicles were suited to destroy. As is the only real tactical relevance of tanks is destroying Sunderers, and the only relevance of air is getting a leg up on Tech Plants assaults and rarely Biolabs.
>>
File: 1427383940698.png (166KB, 327x296px) Image search: [Google]
1427383940698.png
166KB, 327x296px
>>383416716
>TR, fucking around with the Flash because doing stunts in that sucker is fun as fuck
>oh hey Vanu scum is trying to take a nearby biolab, let's check it out
>run into a VS Lightning in the way
>oh fuck, luckily I can get behind a hill before he realizes what's going on
>also run into a group of Vanu footsoldiers
>and a Sundie, and some fagriders, and some etc etc
>turns out the purple is swarming the base of the tower and they already have it secured, only the insides remain red
>fuck I'm balls deep already and turning back will just get me shot anyway, might as well just act cool and try for the forcefields at the base of the tower
>absolutely nobody notices what's going on, letting me just cruise along casually
>eventually some bright one catches on that I'm indeed not VS and starts plinking at me
>the trickle of rifle shots eventually grows into a volley of everything
>burn rubber like a madman, dodging most of the shots but taking heavy damage
>the forcefield is in sight and the steed is holding strong, what the fuck I'm actually gonna make it
>ten feet to goal, the thing's about to explode
>finally get blown to pieces when I'm literally halfway inside the gates of safety
>>
>>383418949
this
it was pretty much the front of the war simulation with shit turned up to the max
>>
>>383418949
That was because the crown was literally the only base that was fun to defend. It had literally no significance at all except a huge fuck you to all the other factions. Entire map could go down but at the very center there would be the crown, a middle finger to your enemies.

Instead of analyzing the base layout and the environment and thinking "we should make other places like the crown" where players want to defend it organically, they nerfed the shit out of it.

I wish I knew who the fuck designed the bases in the game, they were such shit.

Also could you imagine defending the old crown with the engineer shit we could build now? All those towers and walls and shit? It would be fucking amazing.

Like that could be the entire fucking game, just the fucking crown, and I'd pay to fight in that shit.
>>
>>383410085
shut up newfag
>>
PS2 was always total garbage compared to PS1. RIP PS1
>>
>>383417440
I actually lost all interest when The Crown got patched.
>>
>>383411376
>cartoon girl reaction images
>garbage opinion
pure pottery
>>
Too much FPS, not enough MMO. Unlike PS1, it lacked non-combat support activities that fleshed out the MMO part of the game.

Leaving the game to rot and giving it an update maybe once a year was not wise either, especially when SOE seemed to expect that the game could coast on its cash shop alone.
>>
File: 1497292787097.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497292787097.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
>>383420203
I'll never understand why they did it. Instead of making other sections of the map more interesting, they just flat out nerfed it.

>"Hey all the players keep playing here, let's nerf the shit out of it so they can't enjoy that anymore instead of making other sections of the game more interesting."

How do you even fuck up that badly on such a fundamental level?
>>
>>383411376
>decloak and fire
>not knifing
noob
>>
>>383420230
I'll never understand where they spent most of their time. They never did anything.
>>
>>383420358
It makes sense from a technical perspective, the game ran poorly enough as is and hundreds of people packing into a single base for shenanigans made it exponentially worse. I still remember plopping down ammo packs on Miller and having to wait a couple minutes for them to actually start working due to the server being gangraped so hard.
>>
>>383420358
I'm talking about shit like bases needing to be refilled with ANTs, and sending people with hacking certifications to put viruses in bases to disrupt their benefits or drain them, or dropping and holding a base's generator to cut off its lattice link or benefit. Base building in PS2 was a step in the right direction but too disconnected from the rest of the game.
>>
there wasn't enough world strategy unlike in the first game. there was also too many little bases in ps2. fights didn't feel as dynamic as they were in ps1 where the distance from base to base was long, people always traveled in group transport and fights could break out anywhere along the way. then you have the strategy of airdropping behind enemy lines and blowing up their tech plant generators so they can't pull their mbt anymore. there was just more for everyone to do in ps1. the zerg did their thing, but there was opportunities for small scale fighting as well that also helped the effort
>>
>>383420904
it's one simply change away. They've gotta get rid of no-deploy zones around most lattice bases. Some bases wont benefit, so it doesn't make sense to remove the no-deploy zone, such as biolabs(although the new underground biolab benefits).

Most people complain about being a shitty fight yet isolating a base from the attackers via construction is literally what will save the fight. I.e the sunderers. A constant stream of people.
>>
>>383417173
It's just f2p nowadays, since people left in droves and they needed people to play it.
>>
>>383420904
Completely agree, the base building was a clear afterthought. And even though it did gave the game some depth, it was just too late and not integrated into the core game mechanics like it should have been from the start.
>>
Redeploy made galaxies feel useless
>>
>>383418906
This. But also don't forget that flak armor is getting a massive buff that let's you take two direct tank rounds before dying bcus why not. Not to mention the halberd nerf is brutal
>>
>>383418906
to the skies we go...
>>
>>383420217
you're too retarded to use the internet please die
>>
>>383420538
you can't knife everyone in planetside 2 faggot.
>>
Should I get this for PS4? I need something to screw around in that isn't a JRPG or EDF.
>>
>>383423580
power knives fag. Also, new implant system lets you regen health for every knife kill.

>tfw planetside 2 is now legitimately p2w now.
I mean I got lucky, since i got all the implants with the excess currency. BUt ever since they replaced random drops, it's not the same

>>383423816
I think you should but the recoil is really hard to control. They give you aim assist to compensate, but the aim assist just helps you keep your aim on target and does not nullify recoil. So much better to aim on PC
>>
>>383423580
And now you can! with throwing knives! only 50 NANITES A TOSS
>>
>>383417701
>Now if they would open up the links a bit more, we could have more fights than the Indar T

Or you could play on other fucking continents for once
>>
>>383424336
this. Hossin has good bases. shittier performance and bad atmosphere, but otherwise pretty good.
>>
>>383423974
The rng implant system is such garbage because you have to constantly grind or throw in cash just to get an implant you want to try and don't even know if it's all that good in the place. On top of that some implants are soooo good like counter intel, infafravision and minor cloak (on infil) that some player who got lucky once will have an adv over other players who've been grinding forever
>>
>>383424504
I got Assimilate, Battle Hardened, and Counter Intel first roll. Used Excess ISO4 to max them all. It's just a coin toss. I'm just lucky but I hate the system.

Unlimited energy is nice but Battle Hardened should be the starting implant. Since profit is important, make it the most expensive to max out. But the starting rank, 50% less screen shake is better than 0% screen shake.
>>
>>383402813
One of the issues is balance too. TR are at a disadvantage unless in close quarters, NC do a good mix of high dmg at decent ranges but VS is the team that's most stacked because their weaponry is all super long-range "lol just win everything" guns, sidestrafing tanks and bullshit aircraft.

The game wouldn't be so dead if 60% of the servers weren't just VS out-popping everyone else and turning the whole map purple. So NC just picks on TR because they never get a fair/fun fight with the Vanu.
>>
>>383424760
You forgot prowlers that shell you from every cliff in sight
Infinite repairability, shitty air vehicles and no indirect fire makes this stupidly easy.
>>
File: Hairby.jpg (19KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
Hairby.jpg
19KB, 360x200px
>>383402813
>What went so wrong?
Higby
Higby
>>
>>383422782
Bulldog Galaxy is the highest skill cap activity in any video game, all time. Except for maybe Q3A CPMA duels or Quake Live CPMA duels before they made it as casual as it is now. If you think it's boring, it's because you hit a skill wall and can't get to the upper tier where you are literally king of the server.
>>
>>383424760
>VS out-popping everyone else
You sure as fuck don't play on memerald. Before I quit there was months long periods were VS never broke 25% world pop.
>>
>>383402813

>tried to copy battlefield

that's mostly where the problems begin, by trying to copy battlefield in the areas of:
>tanks that allow for both driving and main-gun-control.
>having 4 retarded classes instead of the more RPG-esque experience of the first planetside,
>attempt to gain Esports cred/marketability, despite the game not being appropriate for ESPORTS

though being a free2play game, with some examples of terrible level design didn't help much at all, Biolabs look and play like shit.
>>
literally everything
>>
>>383404341
what happened, it was up like 2 months ago?
>>
>>383418949
>>383419202
>>383419507
I think it's got to do with "market research" or something,

The light-assault/jetpack and Infiltrator cloaks are mistakes (the cloak to a lesser degree), they make it too easy to bypass defenses.
>>
File: son of a bitch arnold.jpg (36KB, 631x434px) Image search: [Google]
son of a bitch arnold.jpg
36KB, 631x434px
>>383407652
I bought the Arnold voice with real money, it was too good to pass up
>>
File: PS1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383411126
I booted up PS1 when I heard it was going away forever. I never played it in its hayday but it was still emotional walking around a world knowing it was about to die. took some screens just for posterity
>>
File: 1497822249847.png (171KB, 301x390px) Image search: [Google]
1497822249847.png
171KB, 301x390px
>>383402813
>What went so wrong?
Wrel.
>>
>>383406153
AI-AI (see what I did there) are pretty essential actually.

you can't guard a base 24/7, and/or people play games for fun, playing "guard simulator" is not exactly fun.

>>383408727
>>383411126
There seems to be some sort of stupid resistance to balancing things through gameplay rather than merely "stats"

>for instance, balancing tanks so they've got a separate driver and gunner who need to be coordinated in order to be successful, is ignored in favor of just altering stats

or
>>383412089
>>383411498
>>383411190
>Having Fixed-Wing Air vehicles rather than everything being VTOL, requiring players to RTB in order to reload or repair. (though to be fair, there's legitimate reasons against this, primarily having to do with map-size). This means aircraft are able to be useful without necessarily being OP.
>>
>>383402813
>What went so wrong?
Everything
Infantry vs Infantry combat (excluding MAXes)
>>
>>383415917
Did he died?
>>
File: 20160524083432_1.jpg (626KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160524083432_1.jpg
626KB, 1920x1080px
>>383431774
>>383415917
>>
I don't know? it was one of the most fun PC shooter out there, put over 1000 hrs into it. Havn't played in a while, left a bit before they added base building... did something happen?
>>
>>383430998
Also having fixed wings would increase player count in airgame since its something EVERYONE can get any to easier
>>
File: 1376693233527.jpg (2MB, 1244x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1376693233527.jpg
2MB, 1244x1200px
>general died
GOOD, that was on Tribes tier life support for ages
>>
>>383433570
the memes were good though which also goes for Tribes
>>
Hey lets make an outfit. PC or PS4?
>>
THE CROWN IS RIGHTFUL TR CLAY
>>
>>383433892
you're about 5 years late, anon
I'm sorry
>>
>>383402813
Hard to say, first week of playing I got in multiple extremely fun fights with 2 great moments.
One was where we had a big central base and were being attacked on 2 sides by the other factions, it was a fun deadlock for like a half an hour until us and the vanu killed the blue niggers and then purged the alien fuckers and pushed on to like 4 more bases.
The other moment was rushing an open plain almost like WW2 shit. Our spawn vehicles had to stay pretty far back at this point, and there was a massive aerial battle going on overhead, with ships crashing around me and snipers/rockets hitting taking out people and vehicles that did rush. Finally our aerial guys won the sky and we cleared a safe spot for the spawners to park and took the base.
At the risk of sounding like a faggot, it was fucking epic.

I played for like 3 more months and never experienced anything like that again, it was either a meat grinder stalemate that went on for hours or it was just steamrolling the lattice while other factions rolled your unguarded territories. Fun small fights occasionally happened, but they were rare. I uninstalled it years ago.
>>
>daybreak..

do i really have to say anything else? wanted to return to play the game after few years, forgot password, forgot secret answer... daybreaks answer "fuck you too bad go farm new cert points you retard"...
>>
File: 1478233647528.jpg (578KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
1478233647528.jpg
578KB, 1000x755px
>>383433870
>>383433570
>>
File: 1442719811651.png (382KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1442719811651.png
382KB, 720x1280px
>>383433870
>>383433570
God bless, God rest.
>>
POST TERRAN REPUBLIC MEMES

N
O
W
>>
I still play Planetside 2 almost every day.
I check on Planetside 1 forever project pretty frequently too.
Just hit BR 101 yesterday. Emerald TR.
>>
>>383434052
this pretty much
>>
File: 1443352242943.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443352242943.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>383434474
here
>>383434539
How are the fights and how is the Brass? I'm TR there and haven't played in a good long time.
>>
>>
File: 1443352053471.gif (840KB, 400x194px) Image search: [Google]
1443352053471.gif
840KB, 400x194px
>>383434474
>>
>>383434938
Someone explain this to me. Max Crash?
>>
File: 1433261949168.png (172KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
1433261949168.png
172KB, 400x393px
>>383434474
>>
File: screenshot_20160317-15-53-47.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_20160317-15-53-47.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>383434837
Population is still pretty stable. If you play on a weekday in the middle of the day don't expect much though.
I'm in a deadfit from the beta days, so I haven't really kept up with outfit stuff. TR is actually usually the highest pop now.
>>
is it true that NC have teamkilling directions?
>>
>>383435012
VR back in PS1 had a clan or whatever it was called that would abuse the strategy known as MAX crash, which is basically rounding up a bunch of people in their MAXes (big ole power armor, and in the VR's case, big ole power armor that let's 'em use a jetpack for vertical domination) inside Galaxies and then mass drop them in a base. There was fuck all you could do.
>>
>>383435012
Refers to using the tactic of getting a huge amount of people, usually a 50+ man outfit, having them all load up in max suits, and dropping them on to a base.
>>
>>383409193
find the video
>>
>>383435294
Oh man, I remember the time when I used to play PS2 on PC, in a platoon with teamspeak and shit. We were capping some NC facility when someone just yells MAX CRASH out of nowhere, and then you see 30 MAXes rusing the point and annihilating everyone, basically negating any progress made on the said point.
It was both infuriating and fucking hilarious at the same time.
It was also a thing that didn't exist on PS4, since PS4 not only runs like shit, but also has probably the worst in-game built VoIP system I've ever seen.

I really enjoyed PS2 on both platforms, and I'm glad I managed to enjoy it right before the game was to the point it was considered half-dead. It was a really flawed game on many layers, but man, if only there were more games like that. Because the memories I have of this game are truly amazing, and I enjoyed it A FUCKTON.

sorry for the blogpost. Stopped playing PS2 for more than 1 year and I'm getting nostalgic
>>
>>383435072
toppest lel
>>
File: 1395803403061.png (101KB, 366x285px) Image search: [Google]
1395803403061.png
101KB, 366x285px
>>383435754
No need to feel ashamed. As much as a lot of us like to shit on it, we also wanted even more for it to do well, because it could and would be fun as fuck for hours on end. In a squad, platoon, outfit, on your own, it was all great shit squandered by lack of content and dumb decisions. Also, the poor optimization (thank Christ I never experienced it) didn't help either.

>>383434474
>>
>install PS2 for the first time
>never managed to play PS1 because poorfag
>join TR and do the tutorial all the way up to unlocking the real map
>having fun
>go to sleep
>wake up the day after, thinking of all the battles I will be having, on all these maps, defending and assaulting all these bases
>must have spent at least 8 hours on that day just defending The Crown
>literally just sitting there defending it
>couldn't even leave because I felt like we would lose it to the infinite onslaught of the zerg of as much as one man TR left the battle
>still was the most fun I ever had in an FPS, probably in a game even

RIP, The Crown.
>>
File: 1401508263028.jpg (325KB, 850x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1401508263028.jpg
325KB, 850x1068px
>>383434474
This one is probably my favorite edit.
>>
File: 1359225093440.jpg (137KB, 293x744px) Image search: [Google]
1359225093440.jpg
137KB, 293x744px
>>383436306
Auraxing those things would take fucking forever with how hard to kill airniggers are, if they take any damage they just fly behind a hill for 5 seconds and are back to full hp.
>>
File: IMG_3230.png (203KB, 550x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3230.png
203KB, 550x527px
>>383434474
>>
>>383402813
Redeploy meta, lattice lines, and shitfest cap points are the biggest issues with the game.
>>
>>383435754
Kek that reminds me
>doing objective with outfit
>decide to do max crash with no engies
>NO ENGIES
>we have 30 maxes in the room but the points not capping
>we forgot maxes cant cap
>stand around for 5 minutes defending against horde of 24 for the lols until the final max
>still couldnt cap at end
ALWAYS BRING YOUR HEALSLUT
>>
battlefield bad company was more fun and that was only like 16 vs 16 lol
>>
>>383402813
Tank battles over open fields are fucking awesome but that's about 15% of gameplay

The rest is laggy corridor clusterfucks
>>
>>383434084
Too bad. Another outfit on ps4 then. Lucky Guys is the outfit name.
>>
I know its MOBA shit but to me its Heroes of Newerth, and anything that S2Games touched to that extent. It could have been dota 2 but the fucking incompetent direction had to fuck it up. Savage 2 and Savage Resurrection if you want a more recent example of their fuckup could have been great but nope lets cash in and let the game rot.
t. guy who worked for $2 for a while.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.