[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THICCnite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_0491.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0491.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
Will it flop, /v/?
>Early-Access
>NDA until the 20th (releases on the 21st)
>only Epic-approved YouTubers allowed to say anything
>Will go F2P sometime in 2018

Who would pay $40 for this?
>>
>>383400397
Cinematic Trailer: https://youtu.be/xlaOaHvabH0

Gameplay Trailer: https://youtu.be/wGB1aLDR2Es
>>
>>383400397
THE DIVERSITY!
>fat chick
>black guy
>woman
>token white guy put as far back as possible and with blue hair
IT WILL SUCCEED FOR SURE!

Nah it's ded m8y
>>
>First revealed in 2011
Too little, too late
>>
>Thicc girl picks up the scrawny black dude ad tosses him like a softball.

Mah dick.
>>
>>383400676
You can change their genders and there's skins you obtain in-game that can change their appearance including race.

Also the guy in the back is Asian
>>
>>383400397
Is it shooter? Does it have abilities?
If both of those are "Yes", then expect it to flop because it will be compared to Overwatch.
>>
>>383400676
Normally I'd agree, but heroes are drops and there's indeed quite a variety in them. There's no set ones that force you to be diverse.
>>
>>383401007
It's not PvP-focused and it's a TPS

The only thing comparable to overwatch from this game is the Artstyle
>>
File: 1495190216560.png (118KB, 297x413px) Image search: [Google]
1495190216560.png
118KB, 297x413px
Have played in all closed access sessions.
It's only difficult/fun if you constantly play over your gear quality/level.

Expect a skinnerbox on par with warframe combined with dungeon defenders, borderlands, and, to a lesser degree, minecraft.
If you're into skinnerbox games you'll really enjoy it.
I do
>>
>>383401129
Few months ago David Jaffe, and whoever he was working with, released "Drawn to Death", now that game got compared to Overwatch on every single aspect despite the games having nothing in common.
>>
>>
What I expected
>l4d base defense
What I got
>orcs must die coop

Why did they change this into a $10 indie game.
>>
ive played it
fucking thing reset my progress so many times

its not a great game, i never really got far into it, bu t gotta say its not good.

what should be cool with the exploration base building, they supplant with shit like,, forcing you to end the area's goal after 15-30 minutes, then move to next area and start all over again

and they gated SO MUCH SHIT behind f2p grinding mechanics and daily limits , like huge fucking skill trees, and your progress is capped daily by a meter of what you can earn

they also , made a lot of shit stuck behind f2p cash shop mechanics like card packs for operators? like so much shit just got pulled behind a huge giant f2p cash shop pay wall, fuck this game dont buy it, i think its a paid game , i think its even selling for 40 dollars and thats just cancer
>>
>>383400676
Blue hair is clearly Asian.
And you're a faggot for caring
>>
>>383400604
Is that the fucking misfits in this garbage?
>>
>>383400397
That thicc blonde woman is the sexiest thicc woman in any video game ever. If I can be proven wrong I will have an erection.
>>
>>383401201
I'm a skinnerbox but I see nothing appealing in the aesthetic/setting/mechanics of this game, so I'll pass.
>>
>>383401201
Please enlighten me Anon, I am wanting to buy the biggest Founder Edition (Selling the 2 standard copies to friends, driving down my total cost) and I looked forward to this game for months. But since there's more footage, I've got more questions.

>Doesn't the game get boring and repetitive? It seemed pretty shallow after all this while

>Do you think early acces buyers will be put in the same basket as the F2P people when it goes F2P?

>What are some aspects/fun things I/we as non-alpha players might've missed that improve the experience?
>>
File: JUST.png (113KB, 394x161px)
JUST.png
113KB, 394x161px
>>383400397

This is going to be one of those boring kid-friendly meme shooters that emphasizes muh diversity. Wouldn't surprise me if they add a fidget spinner DLC a couple of months after release.
>>
Is this just 7 days to die with pretty colors?
>>
>>383401803
Well obviously they're going to a family-friendly vibe with this game, sorry you cannot enjoy something that isn't made specifically for you, grandpa. As for the diversity it's already been stated that there's in-game obtained skins that can change your character race and appearance.

If we're looking at the base cast, majority of them are white by default
White Soldier (M and F)
White Constructor (M and F)
White Ninja (F)
White Outlander (F)
>>
>>383402124

How many fidget spinners do you own bro? I bet you have AT LEAST 2.
>>
>>383400397
Dead on arrival, will not be a big loss
>>
>>383402389
I have none, but thanks for letting me know you have nothing more to say and rather focus on me rather than the game in discussion.
>>
>>383401753
Will tell you I miss a few older builds of the game like the other anon in this thread alluded to.
Over time it has become increasingly fine tuned, for better and worse, toward f2p.

>repetitive
Yes, it has the potential to be repetitive despite there being multiple objectives per instanced game session.

>EA buyers
Yes, this will be no different than how warframe backers turned out. You'll have limited 'rare' items other people won't have, but could obtain years later in an event for all we know.

>experience
You missed absolutely nothing when it comes to PvE and especially the PvP attempt.
It was surprisingly awful and nothing like, say, left4dead.
>>
>>383400397
no white male protagonist?
ok guess I´m gonna skip it in that case.
just goes to show that "diversity" just means "fuck white men"
>>
>>383402564
Is it a game you could pop in every once in awhile to take a break from other games?
>>
>>383402641
Thanks for reading the thread friendo, If you're looking for white males you can just play as the default male soldier or default male constructor.
>>
>>383402512

That is pretty much the entire discussion you dumb ass. This game is shit and you know its shit. Listing the character cast and ways to change their appearance isn't going to magically take away this games intention. It's going to be the next Battleborne except it might have a chance on consoles because it is kid-friendly.
>>
>>383400397
Western fucking sucks at designing characters holy shit
How do you want your game to succeed if all your characters look fucking boring
>>
>>383400397
> 2 white women
> 2 ethnic men
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>383402564
Thanks for the answers Anon, it really is such a shame. This seemed like the game for me, since I love loot, building/defense stuff and semi-grindy stuff, but this just seemed like a slap in the face with how stale it seemed when I finally saw the footage.

I'm currently on the tipping point of buying/not buying. Can you go a bit more in-depth about how it plays, what you personaly found the most fun, if the grind is TOO much or not...?
>>
>>383402647
Absolutely, you'll have a home base that isn't within the temporary, instanced sessions that dictates progress.

Think of it as a single-player experience in regard to progression, but the option to have your friends help you progress is there.
>>
File: 239345638444.jpg (10KB, 236x247px) Image search: [Google]
239345638444.jpg
10KB, 236x247px
>>383400397
Not into it, too diverse.
>>
>>383402512
He's implying that your some trend fuck, the fidget spinner itself is irrelevant.
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>383400397
I've been enjoying the Alpha. The later grind is absolutely fucking horrendous and the Inventory issues are still a genuine issue, but it's fun.
>>
>>383402741
but no hero.
I´m forced to play "diverse" character if I wanna get the best character
also they didn´t use even a single white guy for marketing
it´s obvious that they are pure sjw and don´t like white men
>>
>>383400397
Too many white people on the art, dropped.
>>
>>383402826
>>383403243
The cast is actually pretty diverse, but they give each one different skill sets, so even fi you want to play the Nigger Female Soldier, you may not like her kit and thus play the White THICC Constructor instead because her kit is what you wanna play.
>>
>>383400397
It was addicting when I played it, I think it can do well if it releases in a window without anything else big coming up.
>>
>>383400397
>No white men used for marketing
It´s obviouse that they don´t want people like me playing their game or they would have featured at least one white guy during the promotional work. but no having even a single white men be represented anywhere would be considered hate speech by liberals and sjws nowadays
>>
Played it for a bit during the alphas.

It's okay. It gets a bit samey. There's only so many ways to defend an objective.
>>
File: 1487117185660.png (34KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1487117185660.png
34KB, 600x431px
Me and my friends were considering it for a 4man LAN at his apartment. Is it worth it or not?
>>
>>383403179
>diverse
One of the strongest characters in the game right now is the white Constructor chick on the cover, who can get up to 100% Crit chance with some Warhammers and obliterate everything.
>>
>it's a video game discussion turns directly into /pol/ episode

So what are some games that feature mostly white males, /v/?
>>
I swear I heard about this game like E3 2012
>>
>>383403792
It's been in development for a long time and they're finally "releasing" early-access to the public, it goes F2P in 2018 though so if you can wait, wait.
>>
>>383403657
still no white men
"diversity" just "fuck white men" not. white women still get special treatment
>>
got into closed beta awhile ago

the characters are all locked behind extremely unforgiving random chance, the construction is pointless when all you need is a few walls and the game punishes you for overbuilding. the TPS mechanics suck. the weapons all eventually break and are weak as fuck, all the enemies are bullet sponges.

basically the game is shit
>>
Friends and I got into beta for this.

I ran into an odd problem. Something about the color palette makes me sleepy as fuck. I can be wired up, loaded on caffeine. Turn it on, start playing and I can't keep my eyes open.
>>
>>383402902
>how it plays
The start of a session will involved running around the environment breaking down anything and everything to gain resources.
You may scout around and find AI survivors that can help you by you helping them or you may come across a vault that houses a weapon or blueprint (most blueprints come from the end of session results screen via lootboxes)
Blueprints are far more important than weapons as they will allow you to keep crafting said weapons

Ultimately, the numerous side objectives will be completed and it'll still come down to the final objective which is to defend against waves with your temporary, instanced base

You home base, the one you'll continue to build on rather than starting from scratch, will have special zombie defense scenarios that will unlock more zones/content.
Think of it as a milestone mechanic.

>grind
if you played warframe, it's as grindy as you make it.
There is an absolute shit load of stuff to collect due to borderland style weapons along with many, many variants of the same class.

>fun
I found that the best way to have fun in the game was through building the absolute bare minimum.
It really cranks up the TPS aspect over the tower defense playstyle.
Do the opposite if you like tower defense, of course.

There are bonuses in the game and one of the bigger ones in not going over a total build limit. If you want stuff fast, don't over build. Save that for when you feel like your guns and class aren't enough.
>>
>>383403792
Game has been in development for 6(?) years. Epic Games said they put focus on their MOBA in stead of this one, but they were still done rather quickly.
>>
>>383400397
As someone who played the alpha... it's shit.
>>
>>383403710
>purposefully exclude gaming biggest demographic while constantly call them "privileged" and "worse then trash"
>wonder when they finally call you out on your bullshit
>>
>>383403939

Anything else we should know Mr. Epic Games viral marketer?
>>
Hasn't this game been in development for like 6 years and they've just been completely starting the game concept and mechanics from scratch over and over again?

Sounds like its going to be garbage.
>>
>>383404056
If you're going to buy into EA, don't get anything past the 40 dollar edition.

You'll notice that the other packs mention storage space.
That 20 dollars between the deluxe and standard is a fuck load of storage so save it for that.
Yeah, storage space is a f2p aspect
>>
>>383403880
>still no white men
Good
>>
>>383400397
Holy shit
So Epic has gone full sjw as well?
Good thing that I haven't bought a game from then in years in that case.
>>
>>383403939
hey can you tell the guys working at epic to stop hating on white guys?
their sjw agenda is pretty obvious?
who the fuck makes a trailer for a team shooter and doesn´t even bother having a single white guy in it?
it´s obvious you put identify politics before making a good game
>>
>>383400397
God that looks fucking gay, I hope it flops
>>
>>383403657
sounds like sjw trash to me
where are the white male heroes?
>>
>SJWs croes about certain races not being represented
>4chan makes fun of them
>4chan cries about a single race not being represented
>this thread

hmm..
>>
>>383400397
>zombie survival with crafting elements

Looks like it'll be a winner with the YouTube crowd, but die after a month or two.
>>
File: overwatch-ladies.jpg (307KB, 2000x945px)
overwatch-ladies.jpg
307KB, 2000x945px
>>383404238

But why would I buy into the EA when I already have a game that has much better diversity?
>>
File: 1497366894751.jpg (73KB, 428x386px)
1497366894751.jpg
73KB, 428x386px
>>383404238
I can't stress this enough if any of you lurking or posting are buying into the EA
>>
>>383400604
I guess white men don´t deserve to be heroes in current year.
that is a job for non whites and women
>>
Wasn't this shit announced like 8 years ago by cliffy b?
>>
>>383404278

They haven't gone SJW. They just don't have bald, angry white men as 100% of characters in-game. Not to insult you, but people that use SJW like you sometimes lump in shit that isn't SJW because of looks or something. Shit happens.
>>
How long until white males cycle back into video games again?
>>
>>383404803
It was suppose to be the first game on the latest engine as well.
Long development cycles along with chasing trends has caused a development hell.
>>
I don't get why they don't just allow character customization for skin tone and other stuff.

It's not like customization isn't flawlessly better over generic "Heroes".
>>
Wait. So why do I keep seeing released on July 25th? I thought if you pre ordered it you got 4 days early and then the 25th it comes out for regular people to play. You're telling me that I have to wait another fucking year to play it for free? If so, please provide a source.
>>
>>383400397
Why have you taken a Battleborn pic and put Fortnite on it?
>>
>>383405048

July 25th is when it enters Early Access. Aiming for a release a year after that.
>>
>>383404957
Did you ever play Timesplitters?
It's sorta like that in that the game has numerous variants of each of the classes.
You're not stuck with what you see in the promos, more or less.
>>
>>383404957
Because they're making it under a F2P system, so if you want different heroes you'll have to either earn the packs in-game or purchase them.

>>383405048
Early Access starts on the 21st for pre-order purchasers, 25th for everyone else if they want to pay $40 minimum. They've announced that the game will go F2P sometime in 2018, paying for it now is just to get your hands on it now instead of waiting a year.
>>
>>383405156

Yeah, I know that much, I'm in the alpha.

But, I don't get why you shouldn't be allowed to customize your hero, given recolours are already in the game.
>>
>>383400397
Sorry but no.
That shit has to stop.
I wanna play as a white male character and no amount of sjw pushing is gonna change that.
If you want gamers to play your game you better represent them and not the tumblr crowd
>>
>>383405276
I gotcha.
I'd chalk it up to an art director not budging during briefings..
>>
>>383405156
why are white men so greatly underrepresented in the hero category?
every race and gender as tons of options except them and they don´t even get featured in any trailer nor adds
>>
File: 1499565003456.png (501KB, 600x771px)
1499565003456.png
501KB, 600x771px
Are we entering the gaming age of thick female leads? Finally those boring white males are out.
>>
>>383400397
you are gonna have to give me more white male heros of you want me to play your game
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7KB, 201x199px
>>
looks like a fun concept but who the fuck cares it's full of gay pandering liberal garbage

don't care what skins you can get in game, those are just scams to get you morons to buy more shit from them

fuck off gay viral marketing garabge
>>
>>383405475
>linking cosmetic appearance to skills/stats/classes
fuck low budget korean MMOs starting this bullshit of locking the archer as grill ect because they only animated one model
>>
>>383405654
There are 6 white male characters in the game.
>>
>>383402124
how come there are so little white male heroes?
you listed doulbe as many white women as white men? are you saying a natural reflection of the gaming audience
because most gamers by a big percentage are white men.
seems to me they purposefully made white men have the least amount of representation
>>
>>383405964
that´s pretty low.
why do white women and black men have way more options?
why wasn´t there a white male hero in the trailer?
>>
>>383405964
that is it?
how many black male heroes and white women are there?
>>
>>383405880
Definitely hate gender locking as well.
Was it blade and soul that did that?
I haven't played an mmo since the B&S or BDO buzz.
>>
>>383405964
Actually, I miscounted 1 of the Ninjas, there's 7.
>>383406021
He's actually wrong.
>>383406145
White women don't have more options. Nor black males.
There are 5 white females.
There are only 5 black males.
>>
>>383400397
>white women
>non-white men
really makes you think
>>
>>383406274
Fuck me. 4 black males. I need to stop fat-fingering keys.
>>
>>383406274
>there's 7
would have been cool if they had at least show of one of them in the trailer
sorry but I don´t feel like supporting a sjw game
>>
>>383406508
That's perfectly fine, the game isn't that amazing, you can just wait until it's F2P like a sensible person.
>>
>>383400604
>thought it was tf2 fortwars made into a game
>nope it's just more early access zombie survival trash
>>
>>383400397
this is Battleborn all over again.
all the minority and female characters are purposfuelly designed to look "badass" and the few white male characters that managed to make it in are purposefully designed to look weak, pathetic and overall like joke characters you are supposed to laugh at.
fuck of with your liberal bullshit
>>
>>383400604
>Fighting waves of enemy

nah it's shit.
>>
>>383400604
>It's Minecraft meets plants vs zombies
>Obvious appeal to preteens

I do not think this will do well.
>>
>>383400397
having characters that I like and that look cool is always an important aspect for me in those "hero" type of games.
since the game doesn´t have any white male characters I can´t do this and therefor I don´t care
>>
>>383404229
someone has a leg amputee fetish
>>
>>383406724
>white male characters look weak
There's 2 of them in this pic: >>383404229
Neither looks weak by any sense of the word.
>>
>>383406995
All ninjas should have their legs cut off.
Fuckin' weebs
>>
File: 1498586548565.jpg (76KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498586548565.jpg
76KB, 600x450px
make it bomb so Cliffy digs up Jazz Jackrabbit from it's grave in the act of desperation
>>
>>383407249
Cliffy had extremely little to do with what the game is now and is also not affiliated with Epic?
>>
Fix the hair and she's perfect.
>>
Woah. Looks pretty BADASS desu :)
>>
>>383407463
Ok so let Fortnite and LawBreakers bomb
>>
>discuss things on /v/
>/pol/
>discuss things on /vg/
>waifuposting

I guess reddit is the only thing left?
>>
>>383408053
>reddit
Get downvoted into oblivion for opinions that don't conform to the collective

Pick your poison, anon
>>
>>383408053
The fact relatively few people get to play the game presently has a big impact on this.
>>
>>383400397
Faggots
>>
>>383408053
what´s /pol/ about this discussion?
I don´t see anybody bring up Hilter or the Holocaust out of nowhere
>>
>>383408738
there's more threads on /pol/ about SJWs than Hitler and The Holocaust on combined
>>
>Epic
What is the name of that shit moba of theirs?
Another turd is coming.
>>
>>383408975
talking about sjw is not /pol/ it has been part of /v/ as long as sjws have been a thing.
you just seem to be upset that people call out sjw trash when they see it
>>
>>383409080
Paragon
>>
remember when this was supposed to be the first ue4 game?
>>
>>383404229
>That fuzzy dad on the right

I need it

Not for 40 dollary doos though, maybe 20
>>
>>383409164
Maybe since Gamergate, but it certainly has seen an increase since the elections, /v/ wasn't like this a year ago, the most you saw then was those SJW comics in LOL threads.
>>
>>383409446
for free in 2018
>>
>>383409446
Why not free?
His name is Kyle and you get him for just completing the first part of the tutorial.
He is also the only hero in the game with a version above Legendary, his kit on all versions revolves around base building, rebuffing your enemies, and big melee hits.
>>
>>383409561
you must be relatively new then.
sjws where even a thing before Anita in 2010, not big as nowadays but still a thing and even then /v/ would every now and then make threads about them
one of 4chan´s favorite victims of all time Dobson was sjw before sjws where a big thing
>>
File: 1363496728724.gif (2MB, 320x228px)
1363496728724.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>383409774
>/v/ laughed at SJWs back in 2010-2013 pre GG so that means the alt right has a place on /v/ now
>>
>>383409774
You're full of shit if you think shitposting hasn't increased at the very least.
>>
>>383400397
>two women, one tumblrfied
>one black man with afro
>one asian

Oh yeah, I'll totally be sure to pick this propaganda up!

I love being preached to by nu-male feminists
>>
>>383410079
White dudes are a 1/4th of the cast. White people like half or more.
>>
>>383410079
>>383408140
>>383406724
>>
>tfw we'll forever be stuck with nu/pol/ /v/
Gameplay? No no, I just don't want any niggers in my games!
>>
>>383410051
>>383410051
learn how to read retard
I didn´t say that shit posting has decreased I said that being against sjw has been part of /v/ for a long long time
>>
File: 1362844820794.png (213KB, 445x465px)
1362844820794.png
213KB, 445x465px
>>383410315
Being against SJWs does not equal being with the alt right or /pol/. Both groups are strongly anti-sanity
>>
>>383410197
then how come they don´t market said white male dudes?
>>383410270
get used to it sjw
>>
>>383410197
White males are more like 15%.
>>
>>383404229
>artwork done by Tumblr
>>
>>383410417
you keep clamming that everything is /pol/ or alt-right (what ever that means) but everything in this thread is just anti sjw which is a normal part of /v/
>>
>>383400397
Ebin, stop making survival meme games and work harder on Paragon pls
>>
>>383405127
>>383405246
That infuriates me so fucking much. Thanks for the information.
>>
File: 1495055619173.png (251KB, 555x720px)
1495055619173.png
251KB, 555x720px
>>383410315
Focus on the thing you feel will help you backpedal the hardest.
You're dense if you think sjw 'witchhunt' posting isn't shitposting.
>>
>>383410464
well that confirms it being a sjw game in my books
>>
>>383409597
>>383409731
I'll lose interest at that point
>>
>>383410420
>>383410464
I dont know. But it's clear to see here >>383404229 that the cast has literally two token minorities and the rest of the group is waifu tier women and 2 dudes, one literally a chisel chinned blond ubermensch and the biggest, toughest guy on the cast.

Calling everything racist/sexist/ist is part of what makes SJWs so annoying. Stop saying that EVERYTHING is a secret cuck-led liberal conspiracy to destroy the white man. You just end up embarrassing yourself and re-legitimizing SJWs.
>>
>>383400397
I remember hearing about this in like 2013 or something. It looked decent back then, now it just looks like another typical EA zombie game, but this time with diversity to look cool and hip.
>>
>>383410736
>sjw game
>when the black guys runs faster and jumps higher than everyone else
You wish mate
>>
File: 1489113410028.jpg (59KB, 323x400px)
1489113410028.jpg
59KB, 323x400px
>>383400397
I wouldn't pay $40 to download someone's data. Digital goods shouldn't be priced more than $15, and that's being generous given the way the world is going at the moment.
>>383406842
>>383400676
Yeah this is going to flop both due to pricing locking out the target demographic and the forced political agenda. Ideally when one is targeting a content consumer that doesn't have their own disposable income you make the game F2P and provide a cash shop that sells non-essential goods and services that still enrich the experience when purchased, so that you can hook them in and hope that they will get their parents to buy additional content for them.
Furthermore, and this is coming from having lived through both the Conservatives and the Progressives treating video games and other creative works as a means to advance their agenda, real-world politics should stay out of video games and other creative works.
>>
>>383410610
See>>383410826
>>
>>383404717
Every class has a white guy variant, no worries there, anon.
>>
>>383410842
>sjw game
>where 99% of the cast are non white people set in a western country
you wish pal
>>
>>383404229
this is so terrible

like not comically terrible like Battleborn but just very fucking shit. reminds me of that shitty Monster Hunter ripoff that I can't even remember the name of.
>>
File: 235325235.png (258KB, 407x911px)
235325235.png
258KB, 407x911px
>>383400397
>>
File: lumberjack dad.png (619KB, 657x530px) Image search: [Google]
lumberjack dad.png
619KB, 657x530px
>>383409731
>his kit on all versions revolves around base building, rebuffing your enemies, and big melee hits.
Not if you get the founder exclusive where he is a decoy constuctor
>>383409446
He gets cuter the more you level him
>>
>>383400397
Fortnite, more like BRAPnite, lmao
>>
>>383411557
Oh? Are you talking about the $150 pack?
Crazy stuff if so
>>
>>383400397
From what I've seen, it looks like it'll be really boring after a few rounds.
>>
>>383400397
man i remember being excited about this almost 5 e3 ago.

Its changed so much for the worse.
>>
>>383411906
In nearly all cases, the game ends up selling anyway because the bitching over it boiled down to anons on an image board baiting one another.
>>
File: 1479581281756.jpg (14KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479581281756.jpg
14KB, 216x250px
>half of the thread is gone
Really activated my noodle here, mods
>>
File: 1498066280919.jpg (831KB, 1100x777px)
1498066280919.jpg
831KB, 1100x777px
>>383411557
>>383411919
pls respond
>>
>>383411201
Gee I sure do like making up percentages too. Over half the cast is white.
>>
>>383400397
>that braphog on the right
good god
>>
>>383410736
It's 15% since there's so few Hispanics, but otherwise, it's a clear 8-way split between blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians male/female.
>>
>>383410420
>sjw
You're the only one that cares about race here, faggot
>>
>>383412368
$60+ pack IIRC.
>>383412786
And you get a full ass-shot while playing her.
>>
>>383412846
The asian dude, black ninja, and mexican girl are the only minorities

EVERYONE else is white. Including one of them being a model perfect aryan boy
>>
>>383413081
Thanks for the info, anon.
I can stomach spending an additional 20 down the line, but 150 is absurd.
>>
even on 4chan, no one is breaking NDA
>>
>>383413318
What more do you want me to say?
Despite being a little vague in the word walls, I wasn't suppose to tell you about the cashshop purchasables at all?
>>
>>383413157
You are making assumptions because you are not in the game's current testing. Outside Hispanics, there's at least 2 of each race (at least one of each gender) in each class. There's 4 classes. However, I am counting unique characters and not each sub-class and each sub-classes individual rarity variants.
>>383413202
No problem. I agree, $150 is way too much for my blood for such a product. Thankfully, I get to enjoy the game for free forever since I got into the Alpha.
>All Alpha testers are automatically added to the Beta Early Access
>And game is free on release
>>
>>383412368
>>383413202
>>383413081
I just looked at the preorders page, the exclusive heroes are for the limited pack. Which is 150 dosh.
>>
>>383413742
Oh. My bad. I don't bother looking at that shit cause I don't care about buying the game.
>>
>>383413157
that´s just a lie
there are only 3 white male character in the entire game
>>
>>383413469
Really? Damn.
Did you get an email about it something?
I must've not read about testers getting the beta release for free.
>>
I really wish they would bring back Block Party, it was very fun.
>>
>>383413816
Yeah.
>>
>>383414190
Americans don't have a merkel so?
>>
>>383414190
1. Sand nogs living in ghettos won't wipe out the white race
2. We outnumber them either ways. Meme all you want, they'll never be anywhere near the majority so they can have that large of an effect.
3. The vast majority of people don't race mix. They want kids who look like themselves and go for someone of their own race.
The only real problem that will come from this is crime, due to them being poor and living in ghettos.
Fuck /pol/
>>
>>383414252
Apparently the tier of the game you get is dependant on the amount of (spent) V-bucks? This still makes me salty for not having gotten an alpha key.
>>
>>383404563
fucking this
>>
>>383414576
Sorry, Anon. I don't know what to tell ya.
>>
>>383404229
looks great
vtards will hate anything
>>
>>383406842
Those are two very real reasons why it will do well, though
>>
>>383414659
Don't speak. Just hold me while I contemplate whether I want to buy this game or not.

I also find it despicable that Youtubers are making armies saying "YOULL GET MY BANNER :D:D:D" but not specifying that you can't change commander. It's just dirty.
>>
>>383414813
Dude, please don't act ill informed.
You can change your banner until the 20th and it's just an avatar..

The weapons people get is a group effort; it's not team specific.
>>
>>383414934
Just googled it.
To be fair, originally it wasn't possible (when most Youtubers already uploaded the video), so my point still stands.
>>
>>383414813
Yeah. I'm still waiting for that to be changed.
That said, if you are genuinely considering buying it, think hard about how easy you want it to be:
The $40 tier gives you like 6 Llamas (loot boxes) a day, which can automatically upgrade to higher rarities. Whereas the $60 version is like 24. These heavily reduce the grind for specific loot you want, but have no impact on getting that loot to end-game viable levels, since you need drops of rain, lighting in bottles, etc., which you can only get from playing the game and grinding. The grind also gets disgustingly large once you reach Plankerton. (Second area of the game)
>>
feels like the kind of game that should only be played with friends, since fort building needs alot of coordination.
>>
>>383414459
native german kids are already the minority in germany. same goes for white kids in america
I never got why liberals try to deny the fact that white people are becoming a minority in every single country
>>
>>383415135
Was planning on buying the highest pack (after waiting for this game for year+) and selling the 2 'free' editions bringing the price from 150 -> 90. But after seeing how shallow the game is... I'm a bit off an all-or-nothing person, I don't want to miss out on stuff.
>>
>>383415158
You are not wrong
>>
I am really tired of this whole cliche of "woke black person is into asian shit"
>>
>>383408738
Most of this thread is people complaining about the fact that they didn't chose to center the launch preview around a white male character.

I mean out of all the things you could call the game shit for that's a really fucking retarded one.
>>
>>383404229
>that face on the riflewoman
>two of the guys look incompetent
>second of the left looks like an abomination
>those fucking arms on the hooded sword person
Absolutely terrible, what were they thinking
>>
>>383415496
I think that is a fair criticism
if you want white guys to play your game you better at least include one of them in the commercials. it just is part of a wider trend where white people are purposefully excluded for "diversity" sack
>>
>>383415326
I think you may need to look at the bundles as grind reducers.
You really shouldn't give a shit about items that can be outclassed or side-graded down the line.
>>
>>383415326
>I don't want to miss out on stuff
You really won't. You can experience everything the game has to offer without spending a dime. You can earn a sizable amount of the buyable currency from just playing the game and save for the best loot Llamas to spend it on, coupled with stuff like the free Llamas and Mini-Llamas with the Transformation system. Slow, but very doable if you like grinder games like Warframe.
>>
>>383415628
nice projection lmao

Sad!
>>
>>383415818
I feel like the content of the trailer is always the worst things you could possibly judge a game on. At the very least criticisms should be leveled at the actual content of the game.
>>
>>383400397
where are the white guys?
pretty sjw of them to deny the existence of such a huge portion of gamers
>>
>>383415823
>>383415829
I like it, but it seems to be an impossibly long grind playing completely F2P. Also, does the timing of opening Llama's matter? I know Fortnite shares weapons etc, but is it better to save the Llama's for when you're higher level or can you open them whenever for the same loot?
>>
>>383415818
>>383416043
Most white guys would prefer a nice female ass in their face over a man's ass. If you wanna appeal to them, you put women on the cover.
>>
>>383400397
$150 for early access
$150 doesn't give you unlimited inventory space
$150 doesn't give you access to every character
$150 doesn't remove crafting timers
People paying $150 for themselves to get 100 loot boxes and letting 2 of their friends play the game without any extra benefits. Paying $150 for a game that works exactly like a $0.99 game off of itunes.

That's such a scam I can't believe it. And Epic has been fucking around with Paragon in open access for like 2 years and they still don't have any idea what they should be doing. Those developers are hacks.
>>
>>383400604
>durr burger
kys
>>
>>383400604
ell oh fuckin ell

Overwatch disney animation meets plants vs zombies
>>
>>383416089
You misunderstand, I really don't care about that kind of shit. I just think judging things by trailers is fucking retarded. They're always cooked up by marketing departments and suits completely removed from the actual game play development.
>>
>>383416313
No one here is defending the early access business model
>>
>>383400397
of course
>>
>>383416313
>150$ for early access
Already wrong, post discarded
>>
>>383416126
The grind doesn't get much shorter if you pay.
And also, Llama timing is 100% irrelevant. All loot out of Llamas is the same no matter what part of the game you're in.
>Level 1 Schematics and people
>Fixed quantity consumables and supplies
>>
>>383416454
He's trying to be a sensationalist.
The payment tiers are pretty ridiculous regardless.
>>
>>383416549
Thanks anon, I appreciate you guys answering all my questions.
>>
>>383400397
Calling it now: critical reception is lukewarm but it sees commercial success because of good production values and skinner box design
>>
To those who are in the alpha, whos your favorite hero type? I like constructor because bat + kinetic overdrive is fun
>>
>>383416631
It's no problem. Just remember: It's your money, do what you want with it and be informed.
>>
>>383416686
Constructor without question, but I do love some power glove every now and then
>>
>>383416821
Retards like you are why good games don't get bought and bad games with billions of dollars of marketing make a mint.
>>
>>383416686
I like Constructor and Outlander about the same. Only thing I dislike is Outlander's abilities are mostly based on Charges and hunting for limited-quantity ability uses in the middle of a 7 minute onslaught is never a good idea. It wouldn't be bad if they were also powerful, but they're not.
Overall fave is Constructor, especially one that has the Taunt Dummy.
>>
>>383402826
I hope the white race is consumed soon.
>>
>>383416821
You'd be surprised at how many companies spend more on marketing than development.
Let's not even get into trailers that don't even show the game itself.
>>
So how does MP work? Only got 1 other person to possible play this with. Is it like L4D style with the other 2 characters being bots that only can shoot shit?
Or is it possible to just play matches with 2 people?
>>
>>383416686
Constructor. Also in my opinion they should just fuse Outlander and Ninja classes and make a 4th class focused around properly Supporting a team.
>>
>>383400397
do I have to play as a nigger, chink or a woman
>>
>>383416686
none
since none of them where white male characters
>>
>>383416686
>>383416798
>>383416967
Constructor-nite bois
>>
JESUS CHRIST TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING GAME YOU FUCKS, WHY CAN'T WE GO ONE THREAD WITHOUT SJW SHIT
>>
>>383417245
why can´t we have a game without sjw crap?
why do all the characters have to be female and minorities?
>>
>>383417047
You can party up and the game will automatically try and fill any leftover slots or party you up with a room with open slots, pretty efficient, but doesn't work well in Alpha because so few people. The recent wipe I had plenty of 4-man matches from solo queue simply because everyone was fresh.
The game has a suggested power system which is more applicable to your total party instead of just your power level. If your party has total power 19 or higher, you're suited for areas 19 or higher in power rating. Similarly you can readily solo content with a power level at or below your current, usually.

You can also bring up to 3 Bots (Defenders) into a match with you, but you have to give them the weapon you want them to use and ammo. They also use it very liberally and will probably need a refill halfway through many missions.
>>
>>383417614
What's been your weapon preference for bots?
I've just been giving them whatever is highest damage per bullet.
>>
>>383417614
I totally forgot to ask that. I'm a sucker for helpful AI, so how are they? Seeing how you describe it, they seem shit, sadly. Can you tell us more?
>>
>>383400604
>warframe but only defense mode
l-lmao
>>
>Theres white heroes too
>But for my narrative i'll ignore them and say this game is SJW garbage
Where have I seen this mindset before?
>>
>>383417859
Shotguns are ammo efficient, but you gotta give it to a shotgunner. 6-shooter pistols are also decent. Never give them explosive weapons, cause it'll just fucking break not long after.
>>383417245
Not much to talk about, but I'm happy to tell you about whatever.
>How it plays
>The loot
>The buying aspects
>Characters
>Weapons
>Progression
>Grind
>Sinks
Etc.
>>
>>383401293
its le dreamworks face u fucking retard reee
>>
>>383417967
I backed warframe and even have prime excalibur.
Not going to spill my opinion on the game up to this point, but they're only similar in grind.
>>
>>383400397
>tfw female constructor doesnt get her own game

what the fuck ebin games goddamit
>>
>>383418043
Kek, never thought about giving them explosives.
>>
>>383417894
There are several different types of AI Defenders:
>The two major distinctions are base defenders and mission defenders
>Both come in flavors of melee, shotgun, pistol, rifle, but can use anything you give them
>They liberally spray instead of using precision
>Each player can bring in 3
I haven't been to proper end-game, but they're borderline useless through most of the game. Given how much shit you can hoard, they're probably used because they give your team more damage.
>>
>>383400604
day 1 buy, this looks great from a fort building perspective. Don't really care about crafting and we'll have to see how good the actual combat is
>>
>>383418193
Can't agree there, adventure time-like animations are current trend coming out of CalArts.
Pixar animation room references be damned
>>
>>383418380
I should warn you, most Forts are not permanent. The bulk of the game is spent doing Missions. When a Mission ends, your fort along with all the materials and traps you poured into it are lost. The exception is your Storm Shield base, which is a permanent construct that you defend against waves of enemies throughout the game. You have a very large room to work in too and there are currently 4 different areas to do this in.
>>
>>383416454
I was using the most expensive tier because even if you give these guys enough money for 3 AAA games you're saddled with all these terrible and gross free to play restrictions. And I did mention that you get 2 other copies.
>>
>>383418640
The most expensive tier is 250$
>>
File: nothing.jpg (50KB, 769x428px)
nothing.jpg
50KB, 769x428px
Is the black character a thief class?
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1652x811px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1652x811px
>>383418683
This is all I found, is it some console exclusive thing?
>>
>>383400604
lolno
There aren't enough feminists playing vidya for this garbage to do well.
>>
>>383400397
diversity memery aside, i don't think this game will be too fun. i would give it a try if ti was free to play though.
>>
>>383419160
The base-building is definitely the best part. The rest of the game is alright, but not great.
>>
>>383419389
>The base-building is definitely the best part.
i'm more interested in the combat part, base building is not that fun for me so i would just play soldier or ninjas.
>>
>>383418926
They havent put it on the pre order store but its called the ultimate founders pack i think. Comes with like double of what the limited comes with and you get all 8 legendary exclusive heroes instead of just 2
>>
I'm interested in the base building and tower defense aspects but I'm not sure how well they'll be implemented and also I have no friends. That being said I've done zero research on this shit and at the very least guess I could watch some videos.
>>
>>383419657
Hope for their sake the tiered buy-in doesn't end up being a PR nightmare
>>
I hate that they removed Tier 3 buildings being constructor exclusive.
>>
>>383419890
Debatable. At least Constructors still have BASE for further improving defense based on where they're defending.
>>383419583
Then you won't get anything particularly worthwhile here.
>>
>>383419813
>base building
Harvest materials from the world around you, construct walls, floors, ceilings, stairs in a bunch of various ways, defend against waves of living dead. The traps you can use are limited and don't do a ton of damage tho.
>>
>>383400604
>THICC chick
>fit chick
>Artstyle reminds me of Sims 4
Yeah, I dig it.
>>
>>383402826
Soldier chick is clearly latina, sorry they didn't give anyone comedy accents so tards like you can tell easily.
>>
>>383420620
Jesus, what's wrong with you
>>
>>383404717
>OH NO I CAN'T PLAY AS THE SAME CHARACTER I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS
>>
>>383420620
GOD DAMMIT THAT WAS MY BANDWIDTH FORE THE MONTH REE

fucking american internanet
>>
>>383400397
I don't even know the fuck this shit is. So don't really care I guess.
>>
Epic are shit heads
I know enough that they like use youtubers to generate hype
They're like a an even shittier and irrelevent activision
>>
>>383418926
why isn´t there a white male ninja hero?
>>
>>383420431
Best traps are the push pads anyways
>>
File: 1457996799053.jpg (12KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1457996799053.jpg
12KB, 251x251px
>>383420620
>>
>>383420791
I think that's a bigger problem with hair physics than anything else. Games have improved in a lot of ways but they still can't hit a stable 60fps and they still can't render hair.
>>
>>383421063
Like damn near any developer or publisher within the past few years?
Social media is cheap to advertise on, anon
>>
>>383400397
im getting pretty sick of that artstyle tbqh.
>>
>>383400676
Fuck off >>>/pol/
PISS OFF >>>/pol/
>>
>>383400604
I'd play this if not for that disgusting aesthetic.
>>
>>383400676
>white guy

L-LMAO

its

azn
thicc
blacc
hispanic thicc

white bois not allowed lool
>>
>>383400604
>Orcs must die + PvZ
Fuck that.
>>
>>383421632
That sounds like a good combination from a gameplay perspective.
>>
i think I'll get State of Decay 2 instead
>>
>>383400604
Is this reaper's backstory?
>>
>>383421632
>Orcs Must Die+PvZ+Base building autism
That honestly sounds like a recipe for success. Today's kid gamers really like to build shit for some reason.
>>
is there split screen available?
>>
>>383422194
No.
>>
>>383422324
fuck this game then
>>
File: 1340014488925.png (387KB, 667x670px)
1340014488925.png
387KB, 667x670px
>>383400676
I don't really give a shit what I'm playing as because none of that shit matters and all I care about is if they're going to focus more on virtue signalling about 'muh diversity' and social justice nonsense that does fuck all for game sales anyway rather than making a functional, fun and decent video game that's worth paying forty dollars for
>>
>>383404229
Is the far left design an indirect back to the future 2 reference
>>
>>383404238
>>383404238
>Yeah, storage space is a f2p aspect

the fact that POE did this does not mean it will work here too. Besides its f2p so its gonna be p2w for sure, just wait a month or so.

Why even waste a thread on this shit is beyond me
>>
>>383401384
>they gated SO MUCH SHIT behind f2p grinding mechanics and daily limits , like huge fucking skill trees, and your progress is capped daily by a meter of what you can earn
all the reasons you need to consider this game shit, and be sure it will be shit or worst on release, are above
>>
>>383403154
>later grind is absolutely fucking horrendous
>Inventory issues are still a genuine issue
>but it's fun.
its shit but its fun, ok. jesus fucking christ i now understand why they make games like these. And it has the galls to say its gonna go f2p later.
>>
>>383418926
a real lesson on how to divide what will be an already small community: chat channel reserved to people who bought the most expensive edition.
>>
>>383418357
>Given how much shit you can hoard
assuming you paid for that inventory space, or you will just thrash most of it i guess
what a clusterfuck of a game, its nice when you can clearly see a game is shit even before you see a video of it.
>>
>>383423581
Trust me, you don't want to be in that channel.
Warframe's is insufferable.
>>
>>383423710
oh so thats where they copied that from, ok. this has been a good thread on a shit game.
>>
>>383423093
That's partially incorrect. The only thing truly time-gated is Research, which is predominantly stat boosts for min/maxing.
>>
>>383400604
Looks fun. Too bad I don't have a single creative bone in my body when it comes to architectural design
>>
>>383416313
this 10000 times, if you buy ANYTHING related to this game, please kill your family and offspring before offing yourself
>>
>>383423928
Lucky for you the optimal is to not make things pretty
>>
>>383424043
Imagine being this ass-blasted about other people wasting their money on garbage.
>>
>>383424173
Video games as a whole are a money sink if we're going that route
>>
>>383424054
But what's the point of building things if you don't make them pretty?
>>
>>383424426
To win and not waste time making a pretty fort that gets removed after said winning
>>
>>383421394
>everyone who triggers me is /pol/, fuck off! yeah!
>>
>>383400397
It looks alright but I don't see anyone really buying it.

I don't know who it was made for honestly.
>>
>>383425061
How could you? It's not even on steam.
>>
>>383424515
The impermanence is what makes it meaningful. Didn't you ever play with blocks or lego as a kid, knowing it'll all get broken, but you'll get to build it up again later?
>>
>>383425450
Don't give me meaningless analogies, anon.
Overbuilding in fortnite isn't a great idea.
>>
>>383425450
You ever stood on a Lego brick before? I'm imagining that's exactly the experience I'm going to be having with this game.
>>
>Tried to lurk the thread for some information of the game
>nearly just /pol/ posting
>>
>>383404047
they are just pandering to game reviewers no one give a shit about diversity
>>
>>383426149
They're leaking out of the containment
>>
>>383426149
>>383426986
back
reddit
>>
>>383427525
>muh /pol/ shitposting is /v/ culture meme
>>
Why are ninjas so underwhelming to play as?
>>
>>383428895
Because their stars are like a wet fart, their 2nd jump is too expensive for clear, and not that helpful when defending. And the fact they're made of glass and do damage on par with a Penny, who has more horizontal mobility and BASE utility.
They should just combine Outlander and Ninja into a single unit and then make a Support class.
>>
>>383426149
I thought this was a distorted image of scooby doo from the thumb nail
>>
>>383428895
The only good ninja is shuriken, no?
>>
>>383403120
>answering the obvious Chad-shill behind most of the posts
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.