[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you still playing Splatoon 1? Are you gonna play Splatoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Are you still playing Splatoon 1?
Are you gonna play Splatoon 2?
What's your favorite weapon?
Which weapon are you looking forward to using the most?
Do you play as a boy or a girl?
Callie, Marie, Pearl or Marina?
>>
No, Yes, Luna blaster, Dualies, I mix it up, Callie
>>
>no
>yes
>splatling
>parasol and the hamster ball super
>boi
>marina
>>
>>383399647
no
no
don't know
no one in particular
none
none
Never played Splatoon :^)
>>
>>383399647
>Are you still playing Splatoon 1?
No, I sold it after the WiiU got hacked along with most of my other WiiU games except for Bayo2 limited edition, to buy a PS4
>Are you gonna play Splatoon 2?
No. It looks like it's more of the same, rather than an evolution of the franchise. Think Smash 64 to Melee, this feels more like an Expansion pack (think Red Alert to Aftermath). Game looks pretty good, but a $300 tablet for just that is absurd. Nothing else on the Switch interests me.
>What's your favorite weapon?
I liked The scoped sniper, forget the name.
>Which weapon are you looking forward to using the most?
Twin pistols looked pretty cool.
>Do you play as a boy or a girl?
Girl Squid.
>Callie, Marie, Pearl or Marina?
Nigger Octoling is aesthetic as fuck, I will admit.
>>
>>383400984
I see a lot of people saying this, but a graphical upgrade, combined with complete rework of all the weapons and specials, tweaking of armor stats, a new single player campaign with more shit and the addition of the 4 player coop seems like quite a lot of new stuff for a new game. Not really sure what people want beyond this, what would constitute as a game worthy of being calleda sequel?
>>
>>383399647
No
Whenever I get a Switch
Octobrush
That Umbrella thing
Girl
Marie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av3N3NCMODo
>pearl raps in the victory theme
I gotta say, this little gremlin is growing on me more and more as time goes by
>>
>>383401265
I already said.

Compare the leap in content between Smash 64, and Smash Melee.

Compare the leap in content between Red Alert and Red Alert 2.

Compare the leap in content between Halo 2 abd Halo 3.

THOSE are sequels. Splatoon 2 is only doing minor tweaks to stats, and adding more armor and weapon loadouts. No new modes, the maps are still in rotation, you can't have two people go online together (something you can do in shooters since 2 gens ago), no exciting new features, no coop campaign or anything like that. Honestly, this genuinely feels like an expansion pack of the late 90s. Red Alert to Aftermath was literally an expanded story mode, some extra challenge missions, balance changes, new maps, and new units to both factions. It cost $20 and you needed to own the original to play it. That's roughly in the same ballpark of what Splatoon 2 is offering. That's an expansion pack.

Melee compared to Smash 64 completely reworked the physics, totally rebalanced the game, more than doubled the roster, expanded all movesets, doubled the item count, added event matches, stadium mode, adventure mode, all star mode, as well as various new vs. modes to play. Plus, the graphical overhaul was significant. I could point you to the Halo series as well, and what each game added, from co-op campaigns, to forge, etc.... THOSE are sequels.

$60 + a new console for an expansion pack is nonsense.
>>
>>383402138
Aren't there 2 player parties? I'm almost certain you can do that.

At any rate, I get what you're saying. I don't think that I agree, simply because I don't think that there needs to necessarily be more content in a sequel for it to be worthy of being called a sequel. Sometimes all that's needed is just a re release with a bunch of new stuff in there, for me at least, to enjoy.

I agree that more could've been done in Splatoon 2, but that's always the case, isn't it?

Honestly, I'm just happy that I get to enjoy Splatoon in the peak of its popularity again. Those were some fun times, two years ago.
>>
I've never played Splatoon, I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I've preordered 2 on Switch. It's like you have to paint the stadium and the highest % wins right? I barely looked at vids when the first one came out as I didn't have a Wii U, but it looks colourful and nice.
>>
You should cancel that pre order and try out the splatfest beforehand. There's a 4 hour """""beta""""" this saturday, give it a shot.

The basic premise of the game is that all weapons spray ink, in different patterns depending on the weapon, on the ground and walls. Friendly ink lets you transform into a squid, and thus dive into it, allowing you to move faster and stay hidden. Enemy ink makes you completely visible as a squid and makes you move much slower.

Basically you've got 2 modes, turf war and ranked (which has its own sub modes). In turf war, the team that colored up more ground than the enemy team wins. It's that simple.

In ranked, there's a bunch of other objectives that are usually more focused on a singular goal, and also work in a way that rewards killing players more than turf war does.
>>
>>383403163
>>383402817
>>
>>383402650
I watched the direct last night and saw no mention of being able to allow two local players to play randos online together. On the WiiU, I got it, due to the gamepad limitation, but on Switch, what's tge excuse?

And no, I totally disagree, even at its peak, I had a lot of problems with Splatoon's netcode, and seeing how Nintendo is tackling voice chat this time around, I don't have much faith in that they'll improve it. Reason I kept Smash 4, but sold off Splatoon, is cause DCs were frequent in Splatoon, and it was frustrating to rank down again and again cause Nintendo can't into online play.

The biggest problem with Splatoon is that it was an online only game, with little to do offline once you've beaten the short campaign. The fact that the sequel completely ignores this major issue is a massive disappointment. I could forgive the original for being lacking in all this due to being a risky and experimental new IP. It is completely unreasonable however that the sequel completely ignores all these obvious issues the first game had, and just repackages the same game with new content, and locks it behind a new console.

Sorry, but all things considered, it's a pass for me. If Splatoon 2 were an expansion pack or paid DLC for the original like Rev 2 is for Xrd Revelator, then I'd buy. But I sure as shit ain't buy a Switch just for it.
>>
>>383403498
Oh I didn't realize you were talking about couch coop in online.

I had issues with the online too, but I'm a eurofag and I got matched with japs, lag is pretty much inevitable, and it's the one case where I wish region locking and segregation was a thing.

Hey man I'm not here to convince you to buy the game, I have very fond memories of the first, which probably has something to do with the fact that I never strove for a high rank and was content with my A-.
>>
>>383403847
It just bothers me that Nintendo fans excuse Nintendo when they pull lazy shit like this, especially when they've offered much better deals in the past. Honestly, if Nintendo fans held the company to a higher standard, Splatoon 2 would be a much better game. It's also why I'm highly critical of BotW, because a lot can still be improved. However, because Nintendo knows it can get away with shit like this, and even be praised for it, they have no reason to really try.
>>
>>383404213
I don't know if your mindset is healthy. Measuring things by how could they could've been is a bad way to consume media. Everything, literally everything can be improved, with varying degrees of amount of possible improvement. Splatoon 2 could've had a 40 hour single player campaign with online and couch coop, with 50 maps in rotation, you know? There is no upper limit to how much a game can be improved.

I can admit that BotW has its faults, as does Splatoon 2's amount of new content, but I do think that both of those games have a good value proposition (as far as I can tell for S2, anyway).

As long as a game is good, and enjoyable, and offers an adequate amount of content, does it honestly matter how much better it could've been?

To me, the question of "what if" is only pertinent when a game isn't good enough as it is, which definitely wasn't the case for BotW.
>>
File: laurastheme.jpg (100KB, 440x492px) Image search: [Google]
laurastheme.jpg
100KB, 440x492px
>>
>>383404596
Nintendo is demanding people buy a whole new $300 console to play this game. If they don't offer bang for your buck is part to the course, I'm the consumer, they have to convince me to give them my money, and they're not a good job. And this stuff is especially insulting when they've shown to offer much better in the past. Again, Smash Melee. It's not unreasonable to expect Nintendo to put forth more effort when they've shown to do so in the past.
>>
>>383404897
the gamecube was a massive jump from the nintendo 64, though. wii u to switch, not so much. and when you actually compare splatoon 1 side by side with 2, it looks pretty good.
>>
>>
>>383404897
I agree that the asking price of $300 to play splatoon is steep and that this game is not worth a $360 investment. You kind of shell that cash in the hopes that all the games that will come in the long term will be worth it, I guess. No one game is worth $300.
>>
>>383405134
Doesn't matter. I'm not speaking graphics, I'm speaking content. Melee offered a lot more as a sequel than Splatoon 2 does. Again, this should be a paid DLC upgrade for Splatoon, but it's not cause they gotta incentivize people to buy the Switch and Nintendo forgot the WiiU exists.

You wanna sell this to me as a sequel, then MAKE it a sequel.
>>
>>383405290
>You kind of shell that cash in the hopes that all the games that will come in the long term will be worth it, I guess.
I already did that with the WiiU and Nintendo gave me the big middle finger. Fool me once...
>>
I feel really dumb asking this but are you able to actually play the game right now? Never played splatoon before. I downloaded the demo and it lets me fuck around in the town but not play any matches. I understand that the splatfest thing is next weekend, but I'm not sure if "splatfest" is all games or just the actual competition where you try to make cake/ice cream win.
>>
>>383405541
I had a ton of games on the Wii U that I enjoyed. Including several all time favorite games, like The Wonderful 101. It's weird to me how many people hate on the console, sure, it had terrible 3rd party support, but it had a great selection of first parties and the console kept me entertained for the most part.

I guess the problems arise when it's your ONLY console. I'm a full blown idort so it's never been an issue for me, but I can see someone who puts all his trust in nintendo and only buys the nintendo console getting really mad at the purchase.
>>
>>383405717
Splatfest is coming on saturday, you can't do anything before that but chill in the plaza and submit not-miiverse posts, I suppose.
>>
>>383405886
okay, thanks. I was going to feel like a retard if I could play all along and spent the whole time drawing marina.
>>
>>383406036
You're still contributing, don't feel bad
>>
>>383406036
link to pics?
>>
File: 1440734768437.png (495KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1440734768437.png
495KB, 800x1066px
>>383399647
>My Wii U is put away and it's killing me because I've been dying to play some Splatoon.

Day 1, baby.

Dual Squelcher, Carbon Roller, Tri-Slosher.

SHOTGUNBRELLA

Girl, mainly

Marie, but Marina is pretty great.
>>
>>383399647
Nah, I quit after around a year, my living conditions can't accomodate a Wii U.
Fuck yeah I am.
Inkbrush and Dynamo Roller
Umbrella shotgun, looks hilarious
Girl, gotta love those WOOMIES
Pearl
>>
>>383399647
>played some days ago
>as soon as I have money for a switch
>dynamo roller
>new rollers
>girl
>Callie and Pearl
>>
>>383407413
>>383406906
>Pearlfags
contrarians
>>
>>383399647
>No though I probably should do that soon
>Once I get a switch
>N-Zap 89
>Not sure but the Dualies seem interesting
>Boy
>Can't decide with the Squid Sisters, liking Marina
>>
File: 5ab84afc40eebef9215dbaebef68672c.jpg (103KB, 862x1074px) Image search: [Google]
5ab84afc40eebef9215dbaebef68672c.jpg
103KB, 862x1074px
>>383407792
>liking octoniggers or bullies
>>
>>383399647
No
No
None
None
neither
Marina, im just here for faps
>>
I haven't played it in a while, but I wish I played it more. I was on a steady climb to S+ though.
>Yes
>Splattershot/N-Zap/Octobrush
>Rollers or something
>Brown Boy
Marie > Callie > Marina > Pearl
>>
>>383408793
You realize that pearl looks nothing like she does in flattering fanart, right?
>>
File: i_love_the_salt.jpg (47KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
i_love_the_salt.jpg
47KB, 600x556px
>>383409252
Yes, but do you realize that that goes for every character ever??
>>
>>383410402
Callie is CUTE, in game and out of it
>>
>>383402138
I wouldn't call it an expansion pack if they're removing all of the old supers for new ones, adding plenty more new characters, adding the new Salmon Run mode (which I would equate to something like Adventure Mode in Melee) among a slew of other new features and characters.

There's also the huge amount of change in visual fidelity if you took a second to look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TXd5w_EuI
>>
File: 426.gif (1MB, 243x281px) Image search: [Google]
426.gif
1MB, 243x281px
>>383410497
Of course she is, anon.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.