[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hots vs lol which is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

File: 1232323.jpg (170KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1232323.jpg
170KB, 1200x630px
i think hots
>>
>>383397934
both are garbage, but hots is more bearable
>>
File: 1402056288732.gif (2MB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
1402056288732.gif
2MB, 500x230px
>>383397934
>>
>>383397934
Honestly, I thought I'd never say this, but HotS is better than League.
>>
>>383397934
Hots has more interesting heroes and actually trims the fat. League keeps all of dota's grind and none of the depth, while having the least interesting characters in the genre.
>>
>>383397934
hots slightly.

league is already dead.
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 333x442px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 333x442px
LoL is an easier Dota 2.
Hots is an easier LoL but it came much later.

I played dota 1 and switched to LoL because my friends wouldn't play dota with me.

Now, even though they don't play LoL anymore, I can't switch to other MOBAs because I've invested too much time in it.

LoL is better for me for that reason.
>>
>>383398774
>I gave the jews loads of money in league so I need to keep sucking their cock
genius
>>
hots has way better champ design.
simple yet very creative.
league have paragraphs upon paragraphs of text explaining abilities, reflecting how bad they are at design.
hots has many maps and all are symetrical.
league has that 1 retarded asymetrical map.
hots has no items, only talents that are tailored for the champion that help you build and adapt depending on map, team comp, enemy team comp.
league has static items and gold that everyone has access to which lead to 2 major design weaknesses.
i will not list these major probs unless someone wants elaboration.
i used to be a league veteran and quit as soon as i played the hots alpha and never looked back.
hots is leaps and bounds better than league.
>>
>>383397934
>No DotA in moba comparison
Hmmmm...... I wonder who is behind this post
>>
File: 1486249120870.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486249120870.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
HotS is basically the least MOBA of all of the big name MOBAs. But that's also why I can enjoy it more than League or DotA 2.

I'm not scowling at my friends for stealing my last hits, I'm not hating the fact that I was the one elected to be the Support so I'm just pacing around helping my other teammates farm and get performance boosting items while I spend my pennies on wards, I'm not worrying about my gold and my opponent's gold constantly, I'm not wasting time memorizing the times for neutral creeps and/or rune spawn times... I just do a few matches, dick around with the random map's meta and shelve the game for another week or so.

It's the shallowest, simplest game of a genre that ultimately sucks so I guess it's the best in that regard. Just didn't wish it employed all the bullshit endless grinding mobile game mechanics for unlocks.
>>
>>383399021
>no objectively best option that contributes nothing to the debate
>>
>>383398917
I invested time not money.
I have never spent a single dime on LoL. All my champions/runes/runes pages were bought with IP and all my skins were gifts/from boxes.
>>
>>383397934
HotS by far,
better community
different maps
no 15min lane bullshit
heroes with interesting gameplay like Abathur or Cho'Gall
you get tons of skins and other cosmetics for free
>>
File: 1468207461221.jpg (18KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
1468207461221.jpg
18KB, 259x195px
>>383397934
we've been through this a thousand times now
hots is better designed in pretty much all aspects than league but it came too late to the moba market
when casuals were given to choose between league and dota2, you can guess which one they picked

lol will continue to grow because it has already established a gigantic player base and e-sports scene
hots might come close someday but it will take a long time before it happens
>>
>>383400551
all that time sure is meaningful when less and less people play that shit game.

also http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/sunk-cost-trap.asp
>>
>>383401443
well at least I'm having fun
>>
>>383397934
Mobas are trash kys
>>
>>383401750
if you actually believe that then keep playing.
>>
LoL
The only ones who like HoTS are Blizzard drones
>>
>>383397934
Hots
mobas still were a mistake
>>
Awesomenauts
>>
>>383401970
t. riot retard
>>
Stukov soon fella heroes
>>
hots is more fun since it removes the boring fucking grind. It has way more interesting characters. And the talent point system gives characters more variety and choice.

I do miss items but in league items barely change from game to game. Tf is going to be buying the same build always.

Some maps are absolute trash though, they should really focus on a few good ones.

Some character ultimates are just bad, you would never take them and they really need to fix them.
>>
>>383397934
After playing all three MOBA giants I can see the benefits of all three, ranging from casual to hardcore

>HotS
Most casual, which means low learning curve but still relatively high skill ceiling. Basically a Blizzard Smash Bros game, since SSB is a casualized fighting game

>LoL
Balanced, still a slight learning curve but doesn't take ages to git gud for rewarding gameplay

>Dota 2
Steepest learning curve, will take forever to git gud, only for the most autistic but still highly rewarding when you make a good build
>>
>>383397934
way too many maps and RNG for it to be considered good/competitive

but LoL is a mess now too

MOBAs are at the point MMORPGs were ~7 years ago, I predict every single one of them that isn't LoL to be dead soon
>>
>>383401970
>You have been banned because you're (((toxic))).
I hadn't said anything in a game for almost seven months. So I went back to DotA, then tried out HotS with a friend and never looked back at Riot's shit show.
>>
>>383397934
hots is now the superior moba. It has one of those LAST PATCH FIXED EVERYTHING realm reborn shits.

You never have to spend a dime since you get pretty much every legendary and epic as free drops and even heros and the game shits out lootboxes at you especially if you just start outo and every hero levels up every other game. And then you can get a stimpack drop which gets you more chests faster which gets you a nother stim drop until you have a months worth of stim.

desu I don't understand how blizz is going to make money anymore with this game. Its like opening a store and having a 24/7 buy 0 get 1 free deal.

Also the talents changing abilities is way better than buying an item and getting +2 intelligence and it might have some kind of active. Its just better over all and actually fun while not having you locked in a game for 30+ minutes.

I have 5k hours in dota2 and the only other moba I think is actually worth anything is prob paragon. Dota could be good again if they added a new mode that is the base game but just doesn't take 45+ minutes to complete.
>>
>>383398441
this
>>
>>383402565
>LoL
>Balanced
Guess that's why about 70 of the champions never see any play and why Riot is constantly scrambling to remove them and add new ones with the same name.
>>
I've tried Heroes of the Storm recently and this game has like zero depth to it. It's just spells your level some quests whatever. The hero's were bullet sponges. It was quite boring.
League of Legends on the other hand is not so casual as you would think. Not at least if you are not a pro with High rating. Every match is a solid 40 minutes to hour and sometimes it just drags on. It has item builds to it and some strategy some light tactic to it. But if you are not a High rating Pro this shit Almost Doesn't Matter. On low and middle ratings it's just a matter of snowballing and picking a Bruiser who who's both the damager and the tank and just winning team fights. Just win team fights with whatever approach and the game is practically yours.
>>
>>383397934
Hots is superior unless you really, really care about e-sports "street cred". Although a team of retards is still really infuriating maybe even more because everything is about teamfighting.
>>
>>383403195
Not what I meant by balanced, read my post. It's the balance between casual (hots) and hardcore (Dota 2)
>>
>>383398594
>League not deep

Hello bronze. Moba games are always as hard as the people you're playing against. And league has infinitely more insanely talented players than dota.

/v/ hates league because they are low IQ underachievers
>>
HotS is the least bad ASSFAGGOTS, because it's the most casually accessible one and the genre doesn't deserve serious attention.
>>
>>383403086
I don't think they really care about making money with HotS, they just want people to play HotS to discover characters from their other games and make you jump to these games
>>
>>383403616

This, probably the entire purpose of Nexus 2.0 was to get players back into Overwatch.
>>
>>383403383
>/v/ hates league because they are low IQ underachievers
I think /v/ hates mobas in general and specially league because it's the most popular one
>>
>>383397934
If I was stranded on a desert island and had to pick one, I would pick HotS.

Matches don't last as long, shallow braindead gameplay, but it's more fun than LoL and less jewy with the heroes.
>>
>>383403682
>get players back

l-lmao
>>
>>383403271
>I've tried Heroes of the Storm recently and this game has like zero depth to it.
just like league, holy shit.
>>
I like hots just because the matches are shorter.
>>
League is better because you can actually find a game in a decent amount of time. HoTS is just dead and the only reason people play it anymore is for Overwatch loot.
>>
>>383397934
That's like asking if you want to remove your left or right eye, both of them have terrible developers that have no idea how to balance the game, LoL has items which reduce this difference but HoTS is less grindy and allows you to get everything for free easily.

Neither is worth your time in the end of the day because the core gameplay is shit.
>>
File: REMOVE YOURSELF COMRADE.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE YOURSELF COMRADE.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>
2.0 ruined HotS. Every f2p pleb has skins and mounts now and the game is full of braindead Overwatch players. They throw too much garbage I never asked for at me.

It's good for a quick 15-20 minutes match a day but nothing to take seriously.

>>383404506
Right now you can find a quick match in a few secondes while it takes up to a good minute in lol.
>>
>>383404506
>League is better because you can actually find a game in a decent amount of time.
5 minutes = decent amount of time?

and thats assuming nobody dodges champ select either which is like 40% chance of happening.
>>
>>383397934
My biggest problem with HotS is their fanfic-tier approach to most of the well-known heroes from Blizzard's IPs.

Brightwing, Lunara, Probius, Lt. Morales, and Sgt. Hammer aren't from anything. They're just random characters that look like a unit from their respective games, and their kits are hardly the same.

Then there's shits that are just some nobodies that somehow made it in over actual heroes, like: Falstad, Samuro, The Butcher, Valeera, Lili, Gazlowe, and Murky.

Then after that you have heroes that are straight up fanfiction, but look like an established hero:
Sylvanas - A ranger-general with renown aim. In WC3 she could raise the dead and drain health. In WoW she summons undead, can stealth, etc. In HotS she's a siege hero that specializes in pushing lanes and is otherwise mediocre DPS and a shitty assassin.

Kerrigan plays nothing like any Kerrigan in any game.

Xul is a complete fabrication that is nothing like any Necro build in D2 or D3. His name isn't even the same as the established name and he even looks nothing like D2's necro in either game.

Other heroes that fall into this too: Artanis, Cho'gall, Stitches, and now Stukov.

TD;DR - Half the roster is unestablished fanfiction shit.
>>
File: dude-confused.jpg (75KB, 627x480px) Image search: [Google]
dude-confused.jpg
75KB, 627x480px
>>383405985
>caring about lore in a moba
>>
>>383404985
>2.0 ruined this game because you're actually rewarded for playing the game now
This is what you sound like.
>>
>>383406302
It's not about the lore, I could give a fuck about the lore. I want to play my favorite heroes in a crossover game, not some shitty dev's fanfic version of them.

It would be like adding Link to Smash and he has no Master Sword, his weight class is set to heavy, and all his moves revolve around mid-range spells. It just wouldn't make any sense and it wouldn't be Link.

A lot of HotS heroes fall into that category. I want to play Kerrigan or Sylvanas, not some random mock-up that looks like them.
>>
>>383404985
Quick match in HoTS is pure cancer though, you're put against heroes which are a direct counter to your character, you are put with a bunch of retards with no idea how to play. It's just neither balanced nor fun. Draft however is even worse because you're forced into a very strict meta.

They shot themselves in the foot by making a game so causal, it only makes the imbalances between their characters stand out more.
>>
>>383403271
Not really, looks like you didn't play much. Hots is a fast game, because the game isn't that complicated (less variables because no items) it's all about quick decisions and countering rather than calculating and preparing in a long LoL match, this makes the rules of Hots as simple and fair as Chess, meanwhile LoL may be more traditional and tactical battle rpg than Hots.

In Hots just like after mach of chess I like knowing exactly why I lost or won and learn from these quick and frequent experiences.
>>
>>383407140
>Draft however is even worse because you're forced into a very strict meta.
HotS meta isn't that strict. More than DotA, maybe? But far less than LoL.

If you're gold or lower it really doesn't even matter what you do. Your ream is either good or they're shit, and comp really isn't going to help you win outside of absurdly bad counter-picks like Illidan into Brightwing/Johanna.
>>
>>383405985
How in the flying fuck is Butcher a nobody? "FRESH MEAT" is one of the most iconic lines of any blizzard game simply for its delivery and how sudden it comes. Butcher also tends to be the bane of a lot of newbies as they haven't learned how to deal with things like kiting or portcullises at first.
>>
>>383397934
hots for new players who never played league before and therefore can't be good at the game, would not start with league today, just to play MOBA, that would be as many expressed a bullshit move
>>
>>383398936
>2 major design weaknesses

elaborate please
>>
>>383406438
Making master skins worthless because they needed more stuff to fill lootboxes was a big "fuck you" to veteran players who spend a month worth of gold on them.

Everyone gets those """"rewards"""" just for playing the game now. It's nothing special.
>>
>>383408865
He's the definition of a nobody and is about as relevant as Hogger. On top of that his kit is nothing like the Butcher's in either of his appearances.

So we have a nobody with a made-up kit that made it in over actual bosses like Baal, Mephisto, Andariel, Duriel, etc. The funny thing is, Butcher's kit would've made more sense on Duriel with a few small changes.
>>
>>383410134
>kit
All Butcher has is right click in Diablo. Do you want him to walk out with no skills or abilities?

Jesus Christ, do you even think about that shit?
>>
>>383410576
Good thing I said "in either of his appearances" and wasn't just referring to D1 then you dumbfuck.
>>
>>383412107
Except it was his appearance from Diablo 1 you retarded oak tree. Again: Do you think about this shit or read? If you want to pull the "appearances" line then go read the novels and note how well what Sylv does matches up in HotS.
>>
>>383397934
hots is dogshit garbage, there's a reason blizz has to coerce people with skins in other games to get them to play it
>>
>>383397934
LoL is a piece of shit, but HotS is just such a boring slog I really can't say it's better. It's better for quick pick up and play matches when you don't feel like focusing on anything, but it's not the kind of game you can really go deep into.
>>
>>383408135
>hots meta isn't strict
It pretty much is because in other mobas at least you can vary your build with items, here, not so much, you have objective picks and counterpicks for specific maps and that's it. That kills a lot of the game fun which is playing with insanely different characters.
>>
>>383412370
He means "times he appeared in diablo games" by appearances, not visual appearances you dolt
>>
>>383412370
>He is nothing like the Butcher in either of his appearances.
Period.

>go read the novels
What kind of faggot argue to base a hero off some tenuously canon appearances rather than actual establish game mechanics?

I guess the novels feature Sylvanas locking down keeps and teleporting herself with waves of banshees. Give me a fucking break.
>>
League is better.

HotS was so focused on evenly spreading out resources among the whole team that it made every action feel unimpactful. The game is so teamfight focused that most matches come down to "who has the most supports?" (Overwatch has a similar issue but with tanks) and every mode having a timer countdown telling everyone "IT'S TIME TO TEAMFIGHT THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE TO TEAMFIGHT" removes all sense of control over the game.

While HotS has a bunch of gimmick heroes with weird shit like Murky and Abathurr, most of them are rarely played and the rest of the champions that aren't built around some kind of turbo-gimmick are dull as fuck.
>>
>>383402438
>more variety and choice
the design does indicate that you have more options... but in reality most talents in HotS are complete garbage. They also force synergy, so like you pick Azmodan, you have to go full into one of his abilities, otherwise they're complete shit, not to mention the stupid quest mechanic which forces you to lane most of the time and neglect team fights or you're underpowered as well.

While HotS has great potential, the implementation is rather lazy and underwhelming, they recently did some hero revamps and they're not even near high tier, they're even worse. This people hardly play their own game judging from their results.

I hate LoL with a passions because of it's community, I'm really sad HotS is so half assed.
>>
>Hey, MOBAs are really hot shit right now, lets get in on that action!
>Cool, lets reskin LoL with Blizzard heroes, and then remove 99% of the mechanics and nuances that make it a MOBA
>Nice, ship it, senpai.

I used to shitpost about LoL being casualized watered down garbage, but it's fucking 4d chess compared to the dumpster fire that is hots.
>>
My only complaint with HotS is that some of the maps are pure garbage. Not alot, but some are just pure shit like Haunted Mones even post rework.

All they need to do in this game at this point is add wards or counter invis for more heroes, even of the ward has a CD or something (make it a talent for some supports?) I really hate playing against invisible heroes when theres no detection.
>>
>>383412937
Moving as fast as mist, yes. it does, actually. Also stated that her arrows caused enemies to flat out stop acting because of magic.
>>
>>383398936
No, hots character design and asthethics is fucking horrible, at least LOL has fuck able characters. You must have eye cancer.
>>
>>383413254

>Lets reskin LoL and water it down

Heroes is literally nothing like League in terms of design, you have never played the game, fuck off.
>>
>>383413430
But you can see them through stealth
>>
>>383413601

>He doesnt wanna fuck Zagara, Lili, or Sonya

Get a load of this fag
>>
>>383413615
played it a lot, idiot, it fucking sucks ass compared to pretty much any other moba
>>
>>383413568
>Moving as fast as mist, yes. it does, actually.
Good thing that's not what happens in-game, mechanically or visually.

>Also stated that her arrows caused enemies to flat out stop acting because of magic.
So in the novels she stunlocks whole garrisons by shooting arrows and throwing knives? Oh, wait, she doesn't?

Guess that just makes your point fucking nonsense, but we both knew that already.
>>
>>383413430
that's your ONLY complaint? not the fact that everyone is the same level so nobody can ever fall behind, the complete lack of an inventory, a currency system, and items in general, or every hero only having 1 meta build and everything else being trash that people will report you for using?
>>
>>383413694

Yes I know the shimmer exists obviously but unless you have some sort of aoe or can land a skillshot you cant reveal the stealthed unit. I know Blizz doesnt want items but just give me a fucking ward so I can make sure my teammates stop getting fucked by Novas and Valeeras
>>
HoTS would be great if people with potato quality internet wouldn't drop out and your team mate is replaced by a fucking retard of a bot.

The game needs some serious balancing and the objective timers are too long. Also, fuck 65 second respawn timers.
>>
>>383413824

HotS was created around not having items or gold and its levelling system, its strange at first but it works.

Also if you think your last post about meta builds and people reporting you for playing nonmeta is exclusive to HotS, LoL would lile to have a word eith you.
>>
>>383405985
>>383406806
"Try not to think about it too hard"- Uther Lightbringer
>>
>>383413615
It's nothing like LoL because it took LoL and watered it down so hard. When you take a thing as a base and chop out 95% of its content, the end result is nothing like the original. It's an empty piece of shit instead.
I'm not seeing your logic.
>>
>>383403383
It isn't deep because mobas inherently aren't deep. They are RTS for casuals. Whatever underage esports point you're trying to make is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>383414079
>HotS was created around not having items or gold and its levelling system
and that is why it is complete and total garbage and even megacasual trash like league of legends is superior.
>>
>>383414468
>RTS for casuals
except RTS is 1v1 where the winner is who can build up and attack-move a deathball at the enemy base first, dota clones/ASSFAGGOTS (they aren't called MOBAS, newfag) are 5v5 team games where everyone on your team needs to be good to win, and the victory doesn't solely rely on you as it does in 1v1 RTS.
>>
>>383414079
>it works
That shit makes it boring as fuck and destroys the game's pacing. You just run around pushing lanes as hard as possible and teamfighting because there's no reason to go back to base or slow down for any reason.
>>
>>383414468
>It isn't deep because mobas inherently aren't deep. They are RTS for casuals.
This shit has never made any sense. The genre plays infinitely more like a mouse-movement ARPG than an RTS, and they have everything that makes any other team based competitive game work.

By this logic, every game where you control a single character is RTS for casuals.
>>
>>383414546
>>383415019

>Why cant I just afk farm for 30 minutes and roll over everyone?
>We have to work as a TEAM? This game fucking SUCKS, Im going back to farming with Jink for 40 minutes then blaming my team

Really aggravates my apricots
>>
>>383415473
>separate roles with their own jobs and power curves that need to work together for each other to be relevant at all is less teamwork than brainlessly pushing your forces together on control points the map tells you to go to

Tug of war is the lowest form of "teamwork"
Combining numbers to make stuff happen is technically teamwork but there's absolutely no depth to it and teamwork that revolves around helping each other's weaknesses and evolving each other is a lot closer to true teamwork

I wish people would stop trying to criticize games they don't understand
You can't just AFK farm yourself
>>
>>383397934
What I don't get about this game is how the same developers that think that chromie and varian, in their of his 3 builds are ok, but tyrande and probius nerf was also ok. It's like they don't have any idea how to balance a game at all, whenever they nerf a character they don't just reduce what's OP, they reduce everything until it's just a glorified minion.
>>
>>383413787
Its magic. Ain't got to explain shit.

Not to mention its literally covered in the fucking tutorial why it is what it is.
>>
>>383415473
Why are you playing a game with levels in it if you aren't going to have any gameplay around acquiring those levels? There's no fucking reason for the game to still have a system that grants players power periodically if there's no actual game about trying to acquire that power and deny the enemy from acquiring that power.
>>
File: HUGE disgust.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
HUGE disgust.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>383415473
That's fine and dandy for ESPORTS garbage but whenever you are on solo queue either on draft or QM you're screwed if even ONE of your teammates screws up.
>>
>>383415473
>>Why cant I just afk farm for 30
>What is ganking
>What is objective control
>What is contesting objectives
>What is roaming
I mean, if the only game I played was HotS and never played anything else but hear parroted garbage, then I wouldn't know about this stuff either.

>>We have to work as a TEAM?
Yeah because that never happens outside of HotS
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.