[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people make money off second life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: meme.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
Do people make money off second life?
>>
>>383394597
Yes. The better model designers can live off it if I remember right.
>>
>>383394790
are there any guide?

I want to make low poly shit.
>>
Recently got redpilled on second life.

It's literrally filled with unemployed rednecks. There are lot's of scammers and "trolls". The only way to make decent money is to scam people with an IQ of less than 50 which is like stealing an old womans wallet or some shit

DO NOT touch second life

related content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcXcCpD0qA
>>
>>383395176
what games allow me to make money off 3d modelling?
>>
>>383395405
how should I know? Dota? CS:GO?
>>
>>383395405
Unity assets. Second Life. Maybe TF2 still. SFM model commissions.
>>
>>383394790
>live off it
Lolno. Takes a lot of Lindens to make any actual money, I highly doubt you could live off it unless you're like the creator of Maitreya or some super popular shit.

>>383394992
>I want to make low poly shit
Definitely not making any money off that. Go ahead but people generally want higher poly, smoother looking stuff to create a more realistic look. Just saying that anything low poly will be niche and definitely not make enough Ls to earn real money.
>>
>>383396083
where can I make money off 3D furniture and assets?
>>
>>383396213
Try Google instead of /v/. The real answer to that but probably not the answer you want is to get a fucking job doing graphic design/modeling.
>>
>>383396352
professional here in my shithole make less than 1k per month.

average professionals make here 500-700 bucks per month.

so no.
>>
>>383396512
>I-I want to fuck around making easy low poly static items
>but boy you bet I wanna get paid well for it!

Kek.
>>
>>383396642
It was a joke.
>>
File: 1362319745950.jpg (31KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
1362319745950.jpg
31KB, 349x642px
>>383396702
>>
>>383394597
What even is second life, is it an mmo, is it open world, i'm so confused.
>>
>>383396860
It's a glorified chat room really. Only good for ERP.
>>
>>383395405
valve games, make a youtube channel where you make stuff, patreon if they want to see their stuff or something. There are some sites where you can sell 3d models.
>>
>>383395176
Its a good fap game I don't care about your "redpill"
>>
>>383394597
Someone post pictures of the green midget that gets in the way or people erp-ing.
>>
>>383396825
he wasnt even pretending, literally just a joke that went over your head stop being so angry
>>
>>383396860
I remember asking this same question when I was 13. The game confused the shit out of me because I just didn't understand the point. Gave me existential dread feelings.
>>
>>383397508
"Please leave"

"no"
>>
>>383394597
My sides are in orbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z5cS6q7s5w
>>
are there still people in second life?
>>
>>383394597
A few. Met some guy who made models and scripts.
>>
If you want to make money modeling then make naked models and animate them to fuck, set up a patreon, and watch the money roll in.
>>
>>383394597
I have a friend that is a musician on Second Life as a side job. He makes decent money playing concerts with his virtual band mates. They've every only met once in real life, apparently.
I'm actually surprised how active SL still is.
>>
>>383396083
>the creator of Maitreya

What now
The creator of future Buddha?
>>
>>383394597
I know someone that does. They make money by making in-game models and selling them.
I don't know how profitable it is for her, but she does it.
>>
are there any fun things to do if i don't want to fuck 50 year old fatties?
>>
>>383399035
No, not at all, I just play with myself on there.

>>383399253
>I do not know anything about thing
>here let me try to relate it to something I do know!
Hah very fahnny joek
>>
I was pals with someone who lived in Europe and made anime avatars. He didn't have to work at all and just put out something new every once in a while.
>>
>>383399308
If you want to make assumptions like that, if you even want to care about the real life person like a normie, then no. Everything video gamey that SL does is done better by a proper video game, and the serious RP stuff is not worthwhile. Especially if, again, you can't detach yourself from RL.
>>
File: 4chan.png (643KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
643KB, 1024x684px
Are there still Second Life armies around or did that fad die out? I remember those when I played, it was one of the lesser autistic things about the game but still full of autists.
>>
>>383395582
Dota 2/CS assets are pretty dead rn because they changed how people get items meaning they can't actually just buy your creation anymore. It's also insanely hard to get into from the outside as almost all maps and skins are from people who have made stuff before for valve just keeps picking the same creators over and over again.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.