[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: konami.png (39KB, 2000x454px) Image search: [Google]
konami.png
39KB, 2000x454px
Why were they acting like spoiled children back in 2015?
>>
Nobody likes to see their money squandered
>>
the execs basically suits who view the company as a money making device, even moreso than usual suits

and they make most of their money from pachinko machines because japs aren't as clever as /v/ likes to believe and compulsively gambles their money away. the suits expect quarterly returns and do not respect the longer dev cycle games have to get to be successful, despite locking kojima out of the room for the last 6+ months of the development and cutting/rushing months off, it STILL sold well in spite of this, which is a testament to the talented team he built

survive will either be canceled or sell less than 100,000 copies, either way it will be a loss for them

the worse part of all of this? the FOX engine is INCREDIBLY smooth and optimized for PC and konami is using it for pachinko cutscenes and pro evo soccer, that's it
>>
>>383385209
Then why did they squander it by giving all their IPs to shitty third parties and ruining their reputation?
>>
>>383385650
the last bit about the fox engine actually infuriates me

like there is money there, how fucking blatantly dumb can these suits be not to know this

sell/lease the engine for millions to other devs

EASIEST FUCKING MONEY EVER, they dont even have to do anything
>>
>>383385650
Yeah engine thing makes my blood boil.
>>
>>383386163
If selling an engine was that easy then all vidya companies would be doing it.
>>
File: foxengine.jpg (173KB, 725x817px) Image search: [Google]
foxengine.jpg
173KB, 725x817px
>>383386685
a lot of vidya companies don't make their own engines anon

and they don't spend years building one from scratch like they did with FOX

most use middleware shit and license stuff like unreal

FOX is one of the smoothest engines i've played on. i had middle tier toaster hardware when MGS5 came out and it ran 60+ frames with all settings jacked to max. truly impressive engine
>>
>>383387003
SMOOTH 60fps let's not forget. Sweet smooth 60fps 16.6ms.
>>
>>383387003
A
A
B
I believe, the lighting seems to be more consistent with those.
>>
>>383387003
>>383388525
B is the fox rendering for the 1st and 3rd ones, the reflection (or lack of one, rather) on the TV makes it clear.

The middle one is harder to tell but I think B is also the FOX rendering.
>>
Kojima fucked them so hard that they had to stop making games entirely. This after specifically requesting that Kojima not fuck them.

>Please Kojima! Keep within budgets! You'll ruin the whole company!
>*Budget exceeded without finishing a quarter of the game*
>>
>>383388764
Middle one is FOX too. Look at the lighting in the frames in the wall on the right.
>>
>>383388807
Konomi got the entire budget back in few post release days, you little underage memester.
>>
>>383388807
Jesus, anon, I know 50 ~ 80 million is a lot even to a multibillion dollar company (like Konami), but it's not like they wouldn't get any of that back.
>>
File: 1442804415119.jpg (281KB, 599x780px) Image search: [Google]
1442804415119.jpg
281KB, 599x780px
>>383385650
>we will never see the FOX engine live up to its potential

it's fucking upsetting, that engine is extremely well made and would be incredible in the hands of 3rd party devs that want to make actual video games other than pachinko sims. i find it hard to believe that the suits at Konami are THIS clueless about what they have. do they just want FOX to be forgotten and die because it's associated with Kojima?
>>
>>383385091
All companies, or rather the suits that run them, act like spoiled children.
The idea that they are these perfectly rational machines which always do whatever makes the most money is one of the dumbest memes out there.
They're just a modern form of tribalism, but even more ego-driven.
>>
>>383389623
Yes
>>
>>383385091
Mobile games. It takes no effort to make them and retards eat them up.
>>
>>383388807
>konami locks all kojima workers up and prevents him from accepting awards among other things
>I-i-it's kojimas fault!

I use to think fags like you were trolling but you aren't even, fucking konami apologists are the dumbest people. That or you're a shill. Kojima certaintly seemed good enough for Sony to take. But it was never about Kojima it was about making steady quarterly profits off gambling machines instead like another anon said.
>>
>>383385091
Japan is, at least, 50 years behind the west in terms of public relations culture (you know, where you politely say lots of bullshit that doesn't mean anything every time your executives initiate something stupid and anti-consumer)
>>
>>383385091
The new CEO came in and he had different properties. Mainly, ROI.
>>
>>383390182
definitely at least 2 generations i agree

they are so cucked by company loyalty culture and would never even criticize their management, even if said criticism was valid

look at how bad the fuskishima reactor shit was, totally avoidable if upper dudes listened to the lower recommendations and lower dudes went public with it early on
>>
>>383390367
errr would've been even less avoidable* i meant. fucking fast typo
>>
>>383389623
>tfw I played MGSV on PS3 and it was legitimately playable
Yeah it ran at 30, but it was a stable 30.
>>
>>383390547
But that correction makes the sentence a negative, anon. It makes it sound like "it would be harder to avoid".
No need for further correction, I'm confident that anons here were smart enough to get it in your first post.
>>
File: 1390546281468.jpg (25KB, 675x379px) Image search: [Google]
1390546281468.jpg
25KB, 675x379px
>>383390367
>tfw a global problem is caused by JP execs not wanting to evolve from old ass corporate culture
>>
>>383385091
cause Kojima blew millions of their money on Kiefer Sutherland and LA retards
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.