[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Joseph Anderson? Kino game review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 25

File: photo.jpg (88KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
88KB, 900x900px
What do you guys think of Joseph Anderson?

Kino game reviews or kino game reviews?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMn4CoyUkM
>>
cant take him seriously after some of the pleb tier bullshit he spouts
>>
>>383384373
>52 minutes
there is no way in hell someone can talk about a video game for an hour and have something interesting to say
>>
>>383384580
I like the way he talks for so long though
>>
>literally who
why should we care about what he thinks of games? If you really care about game "reviewers" then I'll give you some of mine

uncharted 4
>rehash. Graphically okay but doesn't compare to what PC's can do. Linear. Repetetive.
>2/10

FF7
>Rehash. Turn based RPG with no skill. Literally mash attack and sometimes heal when your health gets low. 70% is linear garbage with boring sidequests with dialogue that last way to long. Cloud is a fuccboi
>5/10

Super metroid
>Full of glitches, or exploits moreso, but nothing especially overpowered or broken. Fun for casual and speedrunning playthroughs alike. Great bosses. Atmosphere is top-notch. Controls are smooth.
>7/10
>probably the BEST game of all time but if it's been the best for the past 20 or so years then the industry is doomed

OP
>Likes to suck cock. Not very good. Repetetive. No replay value. Cares about what other people think but not anyone who disagrees with him. Neckbeard virgin consolecuck.
>0/FAG
>>
Matthewmatosis is better.
>>
>>383385357
Fuck no. That hack is hardly worth listening to.
>>
Is this some youtuber? Because if it is, i think hes a faggot cuck. When will this shit die?
>>
The man has no idea how game design works, that's why his videos are so absurdly long. Someone who really understands a game can do a quick and thorough holistic analysis, examining each part and how they fit into the overall design philosophy of the game.
Anderson has no fucking clue how any of that works, which leaves him nitpicking the shit out of each and every individual gameplay mechanic.
>>
He's an enigma. He plays souls games enough to be genuinely good at them, yet seems to hold the opinion that they have no story? He's kind of pleb yet also good at games, so he has an interesting perspective, just not from a setting /atmosphere point of view.
Case in point, his feelings toward TRC.
>>
>>383384373
Discount matosis riding on his coat tails and reviewing shit matosis doesn't feel like making a video about to leech off of his thirsty soulsborne audience
>>
He said he has to play through The Witcher 3 in it's entirety twice before writing a review. For what purpose? I don't think his review would benefit much, if at all, from playing another 30hrs.
>>
>>383385550
I guess no one understands game design then. Seeing as game devs also have hour long talks at conferences each year.
>>
File: matthew vs joseph.png (538KB, 1625x1270px) Image search: [Google]
matthew vs joseph.png
538KB, 1625x1270px
>makes a video about his life
>his patreon goes from $1000 to $3500
>meanwhile matthew's patreon is going down everyday
>>
>>383385696
Dark Souls doesn't have a story. Ring two bells, kill Gwyn. Dark souls does have a lot of backstory and he admits that.
>>
>>383386001
Difference is they have actual experience making games and this guy doesn't.
>>
>>383386641
Oh, so it's a if you can't do it better yourself, your opinion doesn't matter argument.
>>
File: 1499262201421.png (630KB, 853x820px) Image search: [Google]
1499262201421.png
630KB, 853x820px
>>383384373
>game review is longer than the game itself
>>
>>383384580
>>383385550
These. I don't get why /v/ shills this guy so much.
>>
I can't fucking stand his voice.
>>
>>383386967
>Expecting /v/ to use their brain
>>
>>383384373
>another walking simulator
wew
>>
>>383386967
If you don't know what you're talking about like pretty much all youtubers since they have no experience then yeah, their opinions doesn't matter.
>>
>hour long videos spouting the same bullshit you hear everywhere else from other autistic video game reviewers

Why do they do this?
>>
>>383387896
So i assume you are a game dev? otherwise your opinion here doesn't matter.
>>
>>383388067
I'm not making any videos
>>
>>383388191
No, you are spouting your bullshit here instead. Same shit.
>>
>>383388330
lol. How is it the same?
>>
>>383387276
And? People have written thousands of words about texts or songs a fraction of their size
>>
>>383388428
those are not reviews, but analysis.
which are written for people who have already listened/played the media.
reviews are for people who haven't yet consumed it
>>
>>383388372
You are giving your opinion about a subject you dont work with. The website is different, but that is all.
>>
>>383388509
Ehm, this video is an analysis, not a review.
>>
>>383384373
While I appreciate the amount of autism he puts into his reviews he's too robotic and emotionless for me. Literally no fun allowed guy.
>>
>Kino game reviews or kino game reviews?
fuck off you pathetic retard
>>
>>383388681
he jokes every now and then but yes, he is quite monotone
>>
>>383388680
that anime poster said it was a review and you didn't correct them.
>>
Contrarians prefer joseph anderson just like they prefer dark souls 2
>>
>>383388814
And? why would you read that part and not the OP.
>>
>>383388562
Then it's not the same at all. I don't talk for hours about something I don't know about.
>>
>>383389015
because i forgot the OP also said it was a review, and not an analysis
>>
File: 1446992780966.png (136KB, 634x354px) Image search: [Google]
1446992780966.png
136KB, 634x354px
>>383384373
Cool new video. People shit on him for his length but this is the same board that uses green text to explain their opinions while being as vague as possible and saying
>x is good because I liked it.
>>
>>383387896
>>383388191
Well you don't have any experience discussing game design so your opinion is useless

See how that works?
>>
>>383389028
How is the length of time significant? You've played games. I've played games. We can talk about our experiences playing games and our thoughts on those games despite not knowing how they were programmed. If we do so for more than, say, 30 minutes, does it suddenly become unfounded? And only then?
>>
File: 1498169093741.gif (17KB, 130x129px) Image search: [Google]
1498169093741.gif
17KB, 130x129px
>>383389139
people only shit on him because /v/ worships Mattthewmatosis. he invented longform game analysis videos after all
>>
>>383389139
I enjoyed it. I would not have ever played the game because of the genre but after watching the review and seeing most of the plot. I think it would have been fun to give it a shot. It seemed pretty interesting.
>>
>>383386641
>Difference is they have actual experience making games and this guy doesn't.
You know what the funny thing is? Most people making games have shit-taste in games or couldn't express to you what makes a good game good.

They just like playing video games. And they have a specific skill set.

There are few people in a video game studio who actually know what it takes to make a game; everyone else just follows their direction by offering programming skills or generating art and assets. Of those people managing the project most of them are just stealing ideas; few of them are able to generate new unique ideas. Furthermore, even fewer of them have the time or resources to actually get proper feedback as to what is good or not. Sometimes it's shit but you've spent so much time/money on it you've got to release this pile of shit in its horrible state.

So it doesn't fucking matter if you have hands-on experience making games because guess what - those people are often not allowed to announce their honest negative opinion on their own game or someone else's game because they'll get fucking fired or their parent company sued, then they'll get fired. Nobody from Blizzard is going to step out of line and shit-talk another company like Capcom. And indie studios are just unprofessional as fuck, which is why they shit-talk other genres because they often are only accountable to themselves or a garbage unprofessional director who also approves.

And as a result, the only people out there who have the freedom to offer analysis and pass judgement on the quality of a game is often some random no-name person on the Internet. Because the people with credentials and expertise can't do it without being blacklisted forever.
>>
>>383389159
But I don't talk about games
>>383389251
See above, retard.
>>
>>383385357
Then why is /ourguy/ Joseph SLAYING him at Patreon?
>>
>>383389430
Then what do you post about on this board devoted to talking about video games?
>>
>>383389430
You are saying that we should listen to you when you say that only your opinion on this youtuber matters. But you are not a youtuber, so why should we listen to you?
>>
>>383389330
Matthew is also good. He's just needs to learn to stop being so autistic over his videos.
>>
>>383385239
>>7/10
>>probably the BEST game of all time
i love contrarians
>>
>>383385239
you sound pretty good. now if you could give verbally more details, edit a video around it, and do it on a daily basis then you might make more money than Joseph Anderson
>>
>>383389330
I find his review and analyses weak because he resorts to breaking the game down into chunks or components, looking at each one separately, and does stupid shit like apply numerical value to those components or assess the monetary worth of them before "bringing it together" by just coming up with an average based on those.
>>
Teebeeh this video wasn't very good
The game clearly has a lot of subtext about mental illness an issue he just glosses over and doesn't seem to know much about
And in a game with this much subtext it seems like he spent more time just recounting what happened than identifying and expounding on the subtext for a majority of the video
>>
What do you guys think of Noah Caldwell-Gervais?

I think he's a fucking cuck
>>
>>383389724
lol
I thought posters like you were a meme
You havent watched any of his videos
>>
>>383389512
If I wanted to talk about games I wouldn't use /v/. /v/ is just filled with shitposting nowadays.
>>383389602
It's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about but if you enjoy sucking his dick be my guest
>>
>>383386059
No to say Joseph has a wife and two sons, he's a true family man. The guy even recorded a video while holding a baby.
>>
>>383389852
I've watched a couple. I haven't seen all of them because the ones I did watch were intensely unappealing. Maybe I only saw the small minority of videos that were laid out that way, please point me to what you think is his best analysis.
>>
>>383390052
I asked what you DO talk about here, not WHY you don't talk about games here.
>>
File: 1471921712472.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1471921712472.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>383390052
>I'm just shitposting
Yup there it is
>>
>>383390157
Oldfag, old habits die hard I guess.
>>
>>383384373
Yeah he's pretty good but did you know he has a son? He's got good points but were you aware he's a father? He was playing this game but he was also busy taking care of his wife's baby boy. He was pondering about Dark Souls but then he remembered he's got a son. Btw he's got a son. Dad btw
>>
>>383390313
ps. I'm recording this with my son sleeping in my lap. Did you know I have a son?
>>
>>383384659
>tfw watched his entire 4 hours of fallout 4 analysis

god those were the only 4 hours of worth i got out of that piece of shit game.
>>
>>383389783
>talks about GamerGate in his Postal video
>complains about the female enemies in Wolfenstein because muh sexism
yeah he is.
>>
>>383384373
He's pretty good.
>>
>>383385239
there must be some reason he makes money from his opinions and you don't. but i am too retarded to figure it out! hmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
He's the proof that /v/ will shit on absolutely anything, not matter the actual content.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a less controversial Youtuber and still, every time someone even mentions him an army of faggots descends to screech and shitpost.
>>
>>383391017
I think more people need to watch his Zelda video, especially the dicksuckers on /v/ who call it the best game ever made. The breakdown of the Shrines really activates your almonds. Really fires those neurons
>>
>>383384373
Nitpicking autist who appeals to even bigger autists
>>
>>383391173
It sucked
>>
>>383391173
The only real criticism I can lay on that video is that he expected 'mature' game-design in a video-game for children. He compared the dodge-move to Dark Souls, which was a big hint that he was looking at this too closely.

I know that a game should be well designed, no matter the target-audience, but Zelda is really mostly made for a younger audience that doesn't notice or care about those things.
>>
>>383391298
>He compared the dodge-move to Dark Souls,
the way people talk about the difficulty you would think many already consider it "zelda meets dark souls" anyway
>>
>>383391408
Nintendo will try and tell you their games are for everyone, and if they want to make that claim, their games should be open to criticism for failings on that metric rather than be defended because "kids don't care if it's bad".
>>
File: IMG_0923.jpg (338KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0923.jpg
338KB, 1280x960px
Posting the actual best game lecturer
>>
>>383391579
Kek stop talking to yourself loser
>>
I'm subscribed. I enjoy his stuff.

I perfer snomaN. Puts more concise, shorter videos out more often and I enjoy his You Should Play and Free Game Friday videos.
>>
>>383391408
Dark Souls combat system wouldn't work in Zelda.
>>
>tfw /v/ will ruin Joseph Anderson in your lifetime
Please guys just stop
>>
>plans to play through Witcher 1, 2 and 3 AND read the books just so he can make reviews on it
You might no like him, but you gotta give it to the guy, he goes deep in the games he wants to make videos about.
Poor guy, tho, having to read the Witcher books.
>>
>>383390646
Is he as bad as hbomberguy?
>>
>>383390313
You're either underage or have no friends if this kinda shit bothers you. You get desensitized to it very quickly after your friends start giving birth.
>>
>>383385357
He seems to intentionally take the opposite opinion of Matt or just others opinions online before reviewing a game, in Josephs TLOU review he goes out of his way to say the first combat encounter in the container area is fine and doesn't look like an artificial combat area, which is weird given if you went into the game blind I doubt you would mention something like this. Mat seems to get a lot of shit off people but at least he generally plays games completely blind, its very easy for people like Hbomberguy to pick apart Matts vids (although hilariously not even that well) after years of wading through the internet to find counter opinions.
>>
>>383384373
Fuck off, /tv/ermin scum.
>>>/tv/
>>
>>383392315
Fuck no, not even remotely. He makes some alright videos and has some passion for the things he talks about unlike that pretentious, smug self fellating dumbfuck
>>
>>383392315
Not nearly. At least he doesn't make politics-focused videos. He never brings that shit up outside of games where it isn't (at least somewhat) relevant.
>>
>>383392041
A stamina system would.
>>
>>383392293
I've read through them
They aren't bad for light reading, but I actually really enjoyed the last wish
>>
>>383392374
I liked DS2 and still agree with Matthew's video. bomber tried to play the flaws as if they were actually incredible design choices, which was extremely retarded.
>>
>>383391408
I think his argument is more about how inconsistent dodge-move is. It's okay to make it casual, but at least make it consistent all the time, from what I gather.
>>
>>383392328
Yeah it's not annoying at all when youtube celebs bring up some rl shit every single video. I don't give a shit if he's a family man but he doesn't need to shove it down your throat every video.
>>
>>383391757
Literally perfect. Name one flaw of him.
>>
>>383393128
The only video he talked about his son was Fallout 4 and his Patreon one. You are complaining about nothing.
>>
>>383393128
But he didn't. He only mention it on couple videos including the patreon video, and accidentally include him in a video which I forgot
>>
>>383393409
I've watched 4 of his videos and he talked about it in each one. Why you gotta lie man?
>>
>>383393180
He actually takes the time to find genuine obscure gems that nobody else has done to death and as a result only uploads new episodes a couple times a year. that's kind of like half-flaw half-compliment though
>>
>>383392806
His "drop the lock on" argument, something Joseph agrees with was the worst part. Matt was clearly just stating that the game design heavily encourages locking on (which shows he has the knowledge you can drop it when needed), this is compketely true given the camera is very basic, theres no option to have it track the players direction of movement and you have to choose to run or control the camera otherwise you have to claw control both which isn't very effective anyway. At least Jo admitted dropping lock on makes the gameplay serviceable, not some hidden gem of gameplay like Hbomberguy believes.
>>
>>383393128
>couple of mentions in some hour long videos
>shoving it down your throat
Again, guessing you don't have friends with children to give you some perspective
>>
>>383393549
Mention them.
>>
>>383393563
Fortunately he's consistent about the uploads, even if it's only once in blue moon
>>
>>383384373
Joseph Anderson is aight. And the game seems pretty cool, although I never would have spent twenty dollars on it considering it's two hours long and only good for two goes.
>>
>>383384373

>Review was up 4 hours ago
>Thread is 4 hours old

Anderson, stop peddling your reviews here. Shoo shoo
>>
File: 1495411335214.jpg (41KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495411335214.jpg
41KB, 500x316px
>100 posts
>Literally no one talking about the game in the video

Anyway I played the game and I didn't enjoy it. It's clearly well made but it's just miserable and depressing.

Life is too short to be playing games by suicidal game developers.
>>
>>383393624
Claw grip is extremely common, you will inevitably have to use some form of it in most 3D action games and it's effective. Camera controls in Souls are a non issue to be honest, far more intuitive and easy than most other 3D beat em up even.
>>
>>383392806
I was taking Hbombers ds2 video up until the very precise m9ment when said "the nonsensical world of ds2 is better because it is more dreamlike" or something retarded like.
I love ds2 and defend but that video was just retarded
>>
>>383384373
So did he like the game? I don't wanna watch because I'm considering playing it myself
>>
>>383390818
>there must be some reason he makes money from his opinions

Sony
>hey Anderson here's an early copy of the game and about 1000 free grandos, remember don't let it influence your score *wink* *wink*
>>
What are some latest dank memes from 4chin you will show it on your new videos, Anderson cunt?
>>
He prefers Little Nightmares over Inside, his opinion is irrelevant
>>
>>383394425
Inside was overrated boring buttshit though.
>>
>>383389695
best doesn't have to mean 10/10. It just means a 7/10 is the farthest we've gone to making a truly perfect video game.
>>
>>383394364
please explain how you managed to reach such a completely retarded wrong conclusion
>>
>>383394497
>He thinks 10 out of 10 means perfect
>He thinks a scale should have numbers that have never been used
>>
>>383394425
One garbage non game over another garbage non game, who cares
>>
I really like his reviews because of the way he structures his opinions and goes through everything before recording. It feels coherent and to the point even if his videos are pretty long. While not being able to give a grade to a game because of the subjective nature of fun he states nicely what he likes and dislikes, it doesnt feel like he goes "whatever i dont care". Nobody who just wants to bank on the youtube money would do a structured 4 hour re-review of fallout 4 doing everything in it.
As for what this guy says >>383385550 , maybe you want to go see dunkey's latest video or someone along those lines,jump cuts, memes and quick,loud noises ending with something completely off-topic to leave anybody looking for a throughout review confused
>>
>>383394484
You just don't get it
>>
>>383394875
I don't get you
>>
>>383384373
he is truly /our guy/
>>
>>383394054
I was trying to make the point that gameplay wise Souls is mostly very suited to lock on and that dropping it can obviously be helpful but can also hinder you in many ways, this isn't a game with wide crowd control attacks or super fast movement.
>>
>>383395525
Dropping lock on has far more benefits than downsides that's the thing, so once you get used to controlling the camera locking on will be quite rare. That's not mentioning PC controls which remove the issue of camera control completely, I think I locked on maybe 10 times when playing with mouse and keyboard. No idea what hbomberguy was saying about it but it's it's incredibly easy to make a case for dropping lock on. Dev intent is a different matter though, but I'd say it's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>383394621
Large companies influencing review scores for fear of ad revenue being pulled in the case of a lower score. Which in turn would effectively limit the amount of viewers he receives and limits his profits even further therefore subjecting him to the inevitable death of his career.

Bad reviews = less money
less money = no reviews
>>
File: smart_pig.jpg (329KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
smart_pig.jpg
329KB, 1200x797px
>>383395794
>when playing with mouse and keyboard
That's just dumb
>>
>>383395794
PC controls are a moot point, its easy to break a game by using a control method it wasn't designed around. As for the lock on being effective, I am not denying this but id argue it's not very satisfying, the games shine most in 1v1's where lock on is for the most part used, not in multi enemy fights with the player awkwardly running in around and wrestling with the camera/run option, id much rather play an action game where the most effective form of gameplay doesn't just feel like a goofy exploit.
>>
>>383397450
>tfw playing and finishing all souls game with kbm because it's easier to control the camera
>>
>>383397870
>PC controls are a moot point
Why are they a moot point? It's an easily accessible control scheme that fixes the flaws you point out. "Designed around" isn't an argument, why would anyone care about that when you're given a legitimate option by the developers themselves? And no the game definitely shines in multi enemy fights, 1v1 fights have no strategy to them, they are just rudimentary exercises in timing.
>>
File: 1459373552687.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459373552687.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>383386059
>not liking both
>>
>>383392374
It always seemed like his Dark Souls vids were response videos to Matosis rather than his own analysis
I wasn't sure if I was reading too much into them
>>
>>383384373
He was fine before he reviewed dark souls 3. Then he literally turned into "if it isn't dark souls then it's not a good healing system, combat system, blah blah..."
Not to mention he has no problem with combat if it caters to his dodge-attack paradigm but if it requires strategy, gear or God forbid a different play style then it's "not good enough" aka not dark souls.
>>
>>383385550
This
All of his videos stand on the shoulders of more insightful youtubers that he follows
>>
>>383399437
Can you blame him though? Matosis has been placed in a position where everyones takes his opinion as fact and his overly negative response to ds2 has single handedly ruined discussion for the game and, arguably, for the entire community. All because he is a miyazaki fanboy who always spouts "muh precious Demons Souls".
>>
>>383393180
I managed to locate where he lived ( Gdansk, Poland ) by pictures he dropped here and there in his videos. Asked if he would like to go grab a beer. Got a single reply, but no follow up.
>>
File: RIP.png (94KB, 210x211px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
94KB, 210x211px
>>383384373

just finished the vid. holy fuck that was kino
>>
>>383384373
He's alright. Makes some good points but usually rambles for way too long and his voice gets kind of nasally/bitchy sometimes.
>>
>>383384373
I don't get why people give him so much money when he puts out so little content.
>>
>>383399779
That would be true if he was wrong but matosis was right. Before that video people were literally making fucking lies about how good dark souls 2 was. It wasn't until his vid and people actually uploading gifs of the shitty hot boxes that people actually viewed the game for the lazy cash in that it was.
>>
>>383400093
Here? Ross posted on 4chan?
What?
>>
>>383384373
Who?
>>
File: Exhausted Jackie Chan.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
Exhausted Jackie Chan.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>Internet nobody makes "analysis" videos for 14-28 year olds that think liking dark souls makes them counter-culture
>The same people who will unironically claim that "Casuals are runing the industry" all the while making no effort to seek out any non console title made before 1999.

I wonder what the next bandwaggon will be, now that souls trash isn't hip anymore. Will some new bastardization of flight sims be the focus of newfaggot obsessions?
>>
>>383400496
The rest of the series has shit hitboxes too, among other flaws
Thats not the point anyway. He started the trend of people going out of their way to shit on popular games and now a lot of games get shit on needlessly.
>>
>>383401283
>He started the trend
>>383400496
>matosis was right. Before that video people were literally making fucking lies about how good dark souls 2 was
Who the fuck are you people? Where do you come from?
>>
>>383394308
He said it's one of the best stories he's seen in a game, so if you like walking simulators you'll probably like it.
>>
>>383401706
oh neat, thanks
>>
>>383389480
Because he made a video asking people to donate.

I love his videos but my god, that was some Darksydephil level shit asking for patreon money to support his family, of course he worded is nicer but that's basically what he did.
>>
>>383401436
Nobody about you personally think nowadays, all that matters is what everyone else thinks and god forgive you if you enjoy a game that popular person dislikes
>>
>>383401436
>Who the fuck are you people? Where do you come from?
Not an argument
>>
>>383400401
Because the content he does put out is good.
>>
>>383389139
>People shit on him for his length

I like his length. It makes me feel good. In fact I particularly enjoy longer ones.
I like his dick too.
>>
>>383393180
>Name one flaw of him.
He didn't drop Freeman's Mind to focus on Game Dungeon instead.
>>
>>383402468
FM is already finished a year ago so he's totally focused on DM
>But FM 2
Where's episode 2 then
>>
>>383402631
>Where's episode 2 then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEq38Hy2l7U
>>
>>383402784
W-where's episode 3 then
>>
>>383402631
>Where's episode 2 then
It came out a month ago...
>>
>>383393180
His face.
>>
>>383403082
The face of a perfect serial killer/cult leader. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>383389783
Noah focuses almost entirely on how a game makes you feel which really does complement Joseph's/Mathew's focus on mechanics.
>>
>>383402316
>A video game board discusses video games
>Doesn't count because a youtube e-celeb didn't do it first
>>
>>383389783
>>383403176
I find Noah's videos really comfy. I know this sounds retarded but I actually like the low-production value of his audio, like how how he leaves in his stutters and coughs.
>>
>>383389783
Every video has loud as fuck constant static throughout the whole thing, unwatchable just because of that.
>>
>>383389783
Almost as bad as hbomberfag
>>
>>383403082
He looks like a Jesus. With a Wallace and Gromit T-shirt.
>>
>>383384373
My favorite youtuber.
>>
>>383385239
kek, nice
>>
File: IMG_5142.jpg (57KB, 651x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5142.jpg
57KB, 651x452px
>>383404149
>>
>>383404080
t. sargon
>>
>>383397450
Playing Souls games with mouse and keyboard is objectively superior to using a controller.
>>
>>383401253
Please let it be space sims, spearheaded by a 10/10 remake of TIE Fighter.
>>
>>383389783
>Noah "COUGH COUGH WHAT ARE RETAKES??" Caldwell-Gervais
>Noah "I will now review two games, the first will take up the entirety of the video, I will then acknowledge the second's existence" Caldwell-Gervais
>Noah "Lets take a minute here for me to rant about my sjw opinions" Caldwell-Gervais
Meh, he's alright.
>>
File: 1487802147845.gif (2MB, 424x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487802147845.gif
2MB, 424x530px
>>383384373
I think he's overly emotional and lets that affect too much of his writing. He's very good at rationalizing his emotions though, which is why people like him. I enjoy his content too, but I can never use his opinion to inform my own because of his emotional exaggerations. He's more knowledgable of writing than he's of games, which is why it's stupid when people compare him to Matt.
>>
>>383385239
>Blatant platformwar baby thinks his opinion matters as much as Andersons.
lmaoing at your life
>>
File: dzhwoi9dlnyx.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dzhwoi9dlnyx.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
Never shilled for anyone before but this guy is my favourite up and coming analysis shlock youtuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trz1dQzsW1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8--iFK0jU

His music choices are great
>>
Neither Matt nor Joseph can hold a candle to Yahtzee and Gabe.
>>
>>383406723
>Has a video called "Halo changed everything"

Into the trash he belongs.
>>
>>383402784
>watched all of his series
>didn't even know he was the one to made this

i'm becoming sick of his voice but here we go
>>
File: 1499512293576.png (174KB, 330x301px) Image search: [Google]
1499512293576.png
174KB, 330x301px
>>383384373
Wannabe Matthew Matosis who gives pleb opinions while being contrarian just to be contrarian.
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
>>383385357
Nah
>>
>>383386059
Don't post this. Matthew is one of us! He visits /v/!
>>
File: content wheel.jpg (159KB, 1062x1056px) Image search: [Google]
content wheel.jpg
159KB, 1062x1056px
>listening to anyone trying to hit a max wordcount to one up their peers in the vidya critic circle instead of listening to patricians who tell you what's relevant
lmao
>>
>>383407683
At this point Matthew is the Joseph wannabe
>>
>>383408652
>Matt Barton
>All those fucking quality interviews and discussion vids
>So little views
Why?
>>
>>383408652
Literally who are these people?
>>
>>383409415

It's just not fucking fair
>>
>>383409802
People who like video games and make videos about them that aren't four hour wanking sessions
>>
>>383409962
I'll check them out.
>>
>>383408652
ACG talks way too fast.
Accursed Farms is ok.
Matt Barton is actually great.
Mandalore is ok.
LGR is nothing special.
>>
>>383384373
>Kino
>game reviewers
bloodborne fags confirmed for cucks
>>
>>383384373
sounds too damn serious for the topic (and for his own age) - tries too hard to fit in critic circlejerk
>>
Watching his BotW video and all the thoughts and opinions are incredibly surface. Watching MM it at least feels like I'm hearing something I didn't already think myself. That's the difference between someone who's actually worked on video games and someone who (seemingly) hasn't.
>>
>>383411326
What videogames has MM worked on?
>>
Oh, this guy.

His Darkest Dungeon review is 100% spot on, and he's one of the few people who played the game enough / is actual gamer enough to point out what a piece of shit that game is.
>>
>>383413901
He doesn't say the game is bad though, he says the game becomes dreadful once you've figured out its inner workings and the most efficient strategies, which can be said about tons of games.
>>
>>383406723
Mechagamezilla is the unquestioned GOAT of music for vidya YouTubers
Also the funniest one too
>>
>>383393180
fucking annoying voice
>>
>>383384373
I like his reviews, but I think that doing in-depth reviews on walking simulators is a bit of a waste of time.
>>
>>383400093
I wonder what the fuck exactly is he doing in Gdańsk, Poland. Probably some IT job or something.
>>
>>383407745
You guys have to stop acting like matthewmathosis ruined Dark Souls 2, the game is chock-full of retarded design decisions and takes two steps back for every step forward. It wasn't a very good successor to DaS1 and is precisely the reason why DaS3 played it as safe as it did.

Most of the arguments that he makes on why 2 is bad are on point. Claiming anything else can be equated to being delusional.
>>
File: 1498700149182.jpg (32KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498700149182.jpg
32KB, 900x900px
>>383385357
>Dark Souls is worst game literally ever made and video games need to be more racist
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383416870
>haven't released a video in 3 months
>makes a 15min video of some indie shit literally no one cares about
>>
>>383384373
>see a similar thread days ago on /v/
>don't know wtf he is
>go on youtube
>hey he is bretty gud
>Neir Automata, No man's Sky, SOMA
>lenghty very informative videos, I like that
>>
>>383391217
>He doesn't like my favorite game so he's nitpicking
>>
>Videos are several hours long with same level of insight as 15-30 min. videos from other youtube fags
What's the appeal?
>>
Just like Joseph replaced Matthew, Joseph will get replaced by some one like Chris Davis or Gatorfolk
>>
>>383417273
For the second time.
>>
>>383418359
How much was Matthew getting at one point?
Also, unlike Matthew, Joseph writes A LOT. His videos don't require much effort.
Going to be hard to replace Joseph unless he goes on a vacation with all that donation money or one of his kids dies and he loses the will to create vids.
>>
>>383418359
I dont think Matthew was replaced because of external factors, he stopped putting out videos that anyone gave a shit about
>>
File: wizard dragon.jpg (721KB, 2300x1668px) Image search: [Google]
wizard dragon.jpg
721KB, 2300x1668px
guys wich book should I write next?
>>
>>383404080
His Dark Souls 2 video was one of the worst videos I've ever seen, and his Fallout 3 video was relatively spot-on but a copypasta from RPGCodex. Not surprising because he used to shill that video there before it got popular. He also worships indieshit and thought Nu Male's Lie was one of the best games of 2016.
>>
>>383418114
Pretentious fags. I would actually love it if we had a channel that packed that ~hour with great content instead of repeating the same fucking thing over and over again.
Too bad wont happen because youtube prioritizes short popular videos.
>>
File: 1498935675636.png (288KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498935675636.png
288KB, 300x500px
i really don't like making posts like these but could you guys please buy my new book I have to feed my wifes two sons with a youtube channel
>>
>>383418735
>tfw your favorite youtuber already makes videos about games no one gives a shit about but that's what you like
What's their name /v/?
>>
>>383389783
For some reason his voice and low production value makes him seem like a vidya version of Reviewbrah
>>
File: hmm.png (78KB, 323x428px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
78KB, 323x428px
>>383419348
he's fine
>>
>>383384373
I like his content, he is one of the few gaming related channels I'm subscribed to. He seems really down to earth.
>>
>>383419462
>tfw after his channel update video his patreon went from 1k to 3.6k
>tfw shilling really is required
>>
File: thingken_bout_dragens.jpg (175KB, 975x900px) Image search: [Google]
thingken_bout_dragens.jpg
175KB, 975x900px
Wich ones do you think Joe ordered?
>>
>>383420205
Totalbiscuit told him to shill harder and do it without feeling guilty.
Not even joking his comment should still be up under the video.
>>
File: 148356870798554.png (287KB, 527x523px) Image search: [Google]
148356870798554.png
287KB, 527x523px
>>383390057
>>383386059
You should add another one:

Joseph Anderson
> Married with two children

Matthewmatosis
> Fucks his sister
>>
> Boring as shit one hour review
So is this "review" basically the entire walking simulator or is it actually longer than that?
>>
>>383420838
it's an hour of joe compensating after people mocked him for not liking dark souls lore
>>
>>383386059
>>383420675

Joseph Anderson
>Watches other youtubers critics to learn and improve, he's also friendly to those that need help doing the same thing he does.

Matthewmatosis
>Doesn't watch other youtubers because he is afraid of realizing he's worse.
>>
>>383420838
He goes through the game's important points and cutting out the mindless walking, so yes.

>>383421105
I don't even know how the dude released his first videos. Matthew is so fucking insecure it's insane he amassed any fanbase.
>>
>/v/ is turning against based Matt

What happened? Matthew is great because he doesn't give a shit about views or his own popularity. Joseph feels like a soulless knockoff who clearly makes his videos in the interest of gaining a bigger audience and more money (He's still okay though).
>>
>>383422034
>liking him after he bashed us based sony fans by saying bloodborne was shit due to it having no shields
>>
>>383422034
Matt isn't your sister wanting your dick right about now?
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.