[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: PS4-XboxOne-Controllers.png (121KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
PS4-XboxOne-Controllers.png
121KB, 640x353px
My brother's birthday is coming up and I've noticed he's been emulating a lot of old school stuff lately.
I was thinkig about getting him a new controller, but can't decide which.
I'm leaning towards DS4 ith XB1 analog sticks as they look better.

Thoughts?
>>
I greatly prefer the Xbone controller. I sold my Xbone to get a PS4 and it's the one thing I really miss. It's easily the best pad I've ever used.
>>
>>383382225
I prefer the stick placement as well. He's been using a 360 pad for a few years now.
I've played the PS4 (grew put of gaming after the PS2 era) and the dualshock is comfy af
>>
>>383382225
I did the same. I agree that the xbox controller is great.
>>383382146
If hes playing older games and doesnt need analog, consider the wii u pro. Great feeling dapd and buttons. Insane battery life.
>>
PS4 controller is trash.
>>
If he's strictly emulating older titles then the Wii or Wii U Pro Controllers (with an appropriate Mayflash adapter) would be better.
If he's playing modern games then an Xbone controller is your best bet for compatibility's sake. DS4 I think got official Xinput drivers, so it's up to you though, but Xbone is a safer bet.
>>
>>383382465
The switch pro looks attractive imo, do you think it's worth it?
>>
>>383382557
We both emulate NES-PS1 era games and various arcade titles.
Does HORI still make quality stuff?
>>
>>383382564
I'm >>383382225 and own a Switch. The normal Joycons are nice and Wii U Pro was nice so I'd imagine the Switch Pro is nice, but I own a Switch and even I can't justify the cost of that thing.
>>
>>383382564
It's only worth it if you're going to make use of the features on an actual switch. The price isn't great for an emulation only controller.
>>
I suggest getting a Hyperkin X91 for your little brother.

It looks like a modern 90's controller.
>>
>>383382892
Pretty nice desu
>>
>>383382146
Both are pretty good to be honest, but since it's for PC, might as well buy him a XINPUT controller.
>>
>>383382564
I have one and its great. Really comfy and the ABXY buttons are a little better than the wiiu pro. The sticks are in a xbox layout if that helps him also.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 323x156px
>tfw you hooked your baby brother on MGS and now he's asking you about the Patriots
>>
>>383382564
I bought one (don't have a switch) and haven't managed to get it working with x360ce yet. Haven't tried emulating stuff with it so far but it'll probably work once connected however I've heard, and personally it feels like the D-pad on this thing is pretty shitty; it's a decently robust controller but it registers false directional inputs because the D-pad rotates on a very small axis.

>>383382645
Honestly you really can't go wrong unless you're buying a shitty third party controller, or a steam controller because those are just abortively terrible for anything besides RTS and FPS.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.